PDA

View Full Version : Markers

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

imported_newz12
05-02-2004, 10:40 PM
This is the thread for homemade markers and modifications. Show us how to get drippy tags...

Props to: BIZERK
3-5 oil pastels (more if its a huge streaker)
some oil paint about the same amount and color as the oil pastels.
a bit of white out. (5 drops)
Some liquid super glue (about 3 drops)
about a 5th of a glue stick or half of a Chapstick (make sure its non-washable so it wont wash away!!)

Melt them all together, pour them into the streak
holder, then put in the fridge (not the freezer or it
will dry out) for 5 mins exactly.

EDIT: Forgot who the credit goes to for this...Have more step by steps?PM T R E O and I'll get it in the front page.peaceee

FOEone
05-02-2004, 10:51 PM
my favorite has always been a film canister filled with ink, plugged with eraser felt, and capped with a medicine lid. Uber drippy and pocket sized for the on-the-go vandal

pSYKAOz
05-02-2004, 10:58 PM
nice one foe :^__^: course every1 knows bout the shoepolish markers... (well i hope so aneways)

pilots are pretty sweet if you flood em abit with some xtra ink... just watch out not to over do it :^__^:

my current fav (just cuz its so easy todo... dont have much place to make a mess noawadays) is modding my old flow pens...

-remove the pumpvalve
-take out the nib
-replace nib by glueing a piece if chalkboard eraser (fold in half) in place
-its great for paint based inks and really easy to refill. if u mix your ink/paint right it drips pretty nicely... oh and u might want to add a marble for mixin purposes

Tony
05-03-2004, 12:16 AM
deoderant mop:

get one of those roll on deoderant containers and a screwdriver, put the screw driver in between the ball and the outside and move it around the the ball and then pop the ball out. empty out what ever's in there and use a hair dryer or a cloth to dry the inside. pull off a stirp of felt froma chalk board earaser and make sure it fits nicely in the top. fill the container with your choice of ink and put the earaser nib on. put it against an upright surface and squeeze lightly untill the nib becomes nice and juice with ink. go and destroy shit!

alfa
05-03-2004, 12:34 AM
what i did was take an old ZIG posterman (woodcraft) cut it off near the top so that i still had the threads. i remade the bottom half in shop class, i took a peice of metal about the size of the marker, heated it up and diped it into this liqued plastic stuff and waited for it to cure and harden up abit, then when it was finshed i took it off the metal and it was like rubber, so then i glued it onto the woodcraft. this is a DOPE mop, if you want drippy tags, if you have access to the stuff i used.

ESNED
05-03-2004, 12:43 AM
face painters, bingo dabbers, kiwi bottles, tic tac containers, bo sticks, um thoose clear eye containers with a sock on the end my bud does that gets mad drips!!!
but best is tremclad bucket paint silver put into face painter and squeeeze it all out on one drippy ass tag... peez

pSYKAOz
05-03-2004, 12:46 AM
well if you in for some real ghetto drips... a shampoo bottle filled with paint and some add ins like brakefluid and abit of thinner... jam a nib in and carry in a plastic bag...

Tony
05-03-2004, 12:54 AM
take a pop bottole, fill it up with etch half way, jam some strips forma chalk board earaser in the end, destroy windows. dotn do anythign above eye level, the nib can push in and you will probably get etch in your eyes, it has happend.

underworld busboy
05-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by crac@May 3 2004, 12:37 AM
yeah but you need to but better ink in it fool.

my favorite is the kewi shoe mop real drippy and i just put spraypaint and some thinners added a marble and it works like a charm.

next project is a bingo dabber marker.
I agree, shoe polish markers are the best for tagging. Just empty them out and put in whatever. To make good ink that runs just take bucket paint and pour it in with paint thinner, just experiment with it to get the perfect amout to your taste. I recommend putting in 3/4 paint and 1/4 thinner. Or you can just use mean streaks and rip shit up B)

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00427437f00000012.jpg

pSYKAOz
05-03-2004, 01:34 AM
im not a big fan of mean streaks... for that price i prefer buying jumbo oil pastels in way doper colors hehe...

and shoe polish bottles arent that great... on more then one occasion ive had one leak all over... and its happened quite often that my mix dissolved the glue and the sponge came off... thats a pain in the arse... ive actually stopped using em cuz i commute and when u sit down sometimes the lids pop off and shit... the ones that have a screw on head are kinda better though...

my latest homemade:

a lil glass bottle that had some lotion or oil or gosknowswhat in it... i filled with a paint mix then glued a chalkboard nib in. rapped tape around the neck of the bottle till i got it to the right size... i cap it with a shampoo bottle cap. fits very tight (about like a pilot) and doesnt drip(well till i write that is!).

MoNkEy
05-03-2004, 04:52 AM
I made a marker out of berol dry wipe marker, that teachers use on white boards at skool. I got da white board eraser. Took apart the marker filled it wid ink, glued the felt from eraser instead of the nib and it worked. and all for free as teachers leave em lying around.

MoNkEy

[COLOR=blue]

pSYKAOz
05-03-2004, 05:00 AM
monkey: was gonna try that but ive just been to lazy cuz its not worth the effort for me since i got alot of markers that size already lol...

MoNkEy
05-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Yer i only do that sometimes cos im only 15 and most places in London u need id, cos stationary shops will only sell paint markers to 16 year olds. But i ave a few markers da easiest ones to get are da cheap kiddys silver ones u can tag in silver if u ant but empty dat out and fill it wid paint.

MoNkEy

ESNED
05-03-2004, 05:44 AM
the best mop i have is the new well i think there new kiwi bottles the nib is triangular and its a double nib it says right ont he side the nibs meant to last long, but anyways a line with it is 30mm so ya its pretty dope and it hasnt leaked on me, i put silver tremclad bucketpaint in it, i find only the silver tremclad is liquidy enough, (needs no thinner)

oblong
05-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by pSYKAOz@May 2 2004, 10:58 PM
nice one foe :^__^: course every1 knows bout the shoepolish markers... (well i hope so aneways)

pilots are pretty sweet if you flood em abit with some xtra ink... just watch out not to over do it :^__^:

my current fav (just cuz its so easy todo... dont have much place to make a mess noawadays) is modding my old flow pens...

-remove the pumpvalve
-take out the nib
-its great for paint based inks and really easy to refill. if u mix your ink/paint right it drips pretty nicely... oh and u might want to add a marble for mixin purposes
:rolleyes: pilots dont have pump valves

oblong
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by MoNkEy@May 3 2004, 05:37 AM
Yer i only do that sometimes cos im only 15 and most places in London u need id, cos stationary shops will only sell paint markers to 16 year olds. But i ave a few markers da easiest ones to get are da cheap kiddys silver ones u can tag in silver if u ant but empty dat out and fill it wid paint.

MoNkEy
:lol: you actually have to be over 16 to buy paint markers in london? thats pretty rough. but if you are actually hurting that much for supplies u could rack them.
( i dont encourage stealing)

Tony
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by oblong+May 3 2004, 10:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (oblong @ May 3 2004, 10:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pSYKAOz@May 2 2004, 10:58 PM

-remove the pumpvalve
-take out the nib
:rolleyes: pilots dont have pump valves [/b][/quote]
he&#39;s talking about a flow pen

kostic
05-03-2004, 03:16 PM
The good old kiwi works great with ur own crazy mix of chemicals.
I stole this idea from all city and it worked great.get like a shampoo bottle the sqeeze type and put watever in u want in it and then when u wanna use it stick and chalkborad eraser folded then some tape aroud the top and then BAM comes out pretty sexy.

RMA
05-03-2004, 04:23 PM
The only marker I&#39;ve ever made was taking an old useless Chizel Tip Sharpie, ripping out the nib, poored some ink down the hole and shoved the nib back in. Really its a sharpie but wetter.

Swollen Member
05-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Those ZIG woodcraft and glue markers are almost identical to the OTR markers. I just unscrewed it and filled it with OTR ink. Simple, and drippy.

MisterSpeak
05-03-2004, 05:35 PM
That is very true but they leak alot...

Swollen Member
05-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Heh, yeah I forgot to warn you guys. You might want to store them in a zip-lock. And I mean the zipper kind. You don&#39;t want any leaks. These things killed my white Adidas. :(

FOEone
05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Oh, that sucks. And also wrap up mops in duct or electrical tape to avoid plastic corrosion

fáng1
05-03-2004, 06:29 PM
take an old deoderant canaster fill it with paint thinner and bucket paint and put a sock on the end, and there you go.

Ravek
05-03-2004, 06:33 PM
i like my uni paint homemade, but it leaks out the cap, can&#39;t carry it in my pockets

ESNED
05-03-2004, 07:17 PM
i had some marker that i had from like 3 years ago and it was all used up but the nib was still fine it was a double end marker so i cut it so that i would use the bigger side, i filled it with marsh and taped it up works good doesnt leak even though theres a ahole at the end i had to tape all up it fits in my hand and the nib is like half a inch and chiseld, its pretty dope.

!BROKE!.ds-ABF-ABK
05-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Bingo Dabber filled with grey primer...

ESNED
05-04-2004, 01:47 AM
i made a joke with a friend but i guess it could be possible take a pringles cantainer the big ones put some coating inside or something so ink wont leak threw then glue on the top a sock,eraser,jeans whats ever to make a nib and go upto a dumpster and squeeze and do a massive tag hmmm that be dope for bus stops too, another sort of marker thing is if u got some extra bucket paint round the house throw it into a empty mustard or ketchup bottle(squeezable) and then just squezze it out and get thick tags ive done it before its pretty cool .

oblong
05-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by ESNED@May 4 2004, 01:47 AM
i made a joke with a friend but i guess it could be possible take a pringles cantainer the big ones put some coating inside or something so ink wont leak threw then glue on the top a sock,eraser,jeans whats ever to make a nib and go upto a dumpster and squeeze and do a massive tag hmmm that be dope for bus stops too, another sort of marker thing is if u got some extra bucket paint round the house throw it into a empty mustard or ketchup bottle(squeezable) and then just squezze it out and get thick tags ive done it before its pretty cool .
haha :D

crac
05-04-2004, 10:32 PM
does anyone know where i can buy krink in canada??

pSYKAOz
05-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by crac@May 4 2004, 10:32 PM
online... in mtl you can buy montana silver ink...

just make your own. check the recipee thread its hella cheap. will cost you like 15&#036; to make like a 1L of the shit.

SCORE
05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
Montana Hardcore paint markers....the best there ever was&#33;

koTkiT
05-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Just a heads up ta anyone rockin with deco paint pens, you can take out the tip, flip it and put it in backwards and there is a smaller nib that extends from the big one, perfect for doin small detail on sketches or wut ever u might fancy.
i know esned will love this tip B)

*Cant hold a candle to this vandal cause my scandals balistic
Im like hannibal the cannibal im animalistic
But i dont chill with Buffalo Bill cause that faggot wears lipstick.
-Talksik

Juggalo
05-06-2004, 03:12 AM
you can also get a smaller tip deco

ESNED
05-06-2004, 03:44 AM
shit never knew that hmmm i shall try that soemtime.

koTkiT
05-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo@May 6 2004, 03:12 AM
you can also get a smaller tip deco
Of course you can get smaller tip decos, duh. but then you have to buy/rack two instead one, carry two instead of one and pull out two instead of one, so man, save time and energy and get a smaller tip by flippin it cause FLIPMODE IS DA SHIT&#33;SOBMOB,ESNED,KOTKIT....see that proves that flipmode is da shiat B) PZ

gane
05-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Has any1 ever just tried to kiwi&#39;s brand new, with the shoe polish in it? It works like a fuckin&#39; charm. My boy did a throwup with it on the back of a brick building like 2 years ago and that bitch hasn&#39;t faded a bit. WOo. try that shit before you start putting your own paint in it.

loki
05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
i stole a glue stick ffrom my teacher today shit looks like itll make a sick pocket marker it comes leak proof, has a cp that will fit over any nid you put in, and its like 3/4 a inch wide i just need to throw in some paint and a nib and its ready to go

ESNED
05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by gane@May 6 2004, 01:02 PM
Has any1 ever just tried to kiwi&#39;s brand new, with the shoe polish in it? It works like a fuckin&#39; charm. My boy did a throwup with it on the back of a brick building like 2 years ago and that bitch hasn&#39;t faded a bit. WOo. try that shit before you start putting your own paint in it.
i got the new one the nib is triangular and theres a nib on top of another nib a straight line with it is 30mm there dope.

jurass finish first
05-06-2004, 07:35 PM
i got one last week with about a 3 cm tip but i was planning on puttin some marsh ink in it. is the white polish any good for handstyles?

jade
05-07-2004, 06:46 PM
this is the bad boi ive been useing for past month

okayt the pic wont werk but its a homemade deodorant stick pen

Tony
05-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by jurass finish first@May 6 2004, 05:35 PM
i got one last week with about a 3 cm tip but i was planning on puttin some marsh ink in it. is the white polish any good for handstyles?
if you dont really care about your shit getting buffed easy, yes they are good. they look nice on glass

tyrone biggums
05-07-2004, 09:22 PM
THE BEST HOMEMADE MOP IS NO QUESTION THE DEODORANT MOP.

- TAKE A ROLL ON CONTAINER OF DEODORANT
- PRY OUT THE BALL WITH A SCREW DRIVER
- EMPTY OUT ALL OF THE DEODORANT, LET THE RESIDUE DRY COMPLETELY
- FILL THE MOP WITH YOUR INK. DON&#39;T USE CHEAP SHIT LIKE SHOE POLISH OR INDIA INK; THAT SHIT BLOWS.
- GET A CHALK BOARD ERASER, PEEL OFF A STRIP, CUT IT AND FOLD IT INTO THE OPENING OF THE MOP
- CRUSH SHIT

zionpnk
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
KAN SUMBODY POST A PIC OF THA GLUE PENS OR STICKS OR WHATEVER THEY ARE SO I KAN KNO WHAT I NEED TO RACK TO MAKE THIS "SICK" MOP... GRASSYASS AMEEGOAT&#33;&#33;&#33;
oP** oNe :D :D :D :D :D

tyrone biggums
05-07-2004, 11:15 PM
GLUE STICKS ARE OKAY BUT DEODORANT MOPS ARE BETTER.

GLUE PENS ARE JUST WACK IF YOU&#39;RE TALKING ABOUT THE "O&#39;GLUE" BRAND. SUCH A WACK NIB. ZIG GLUE PENS ARE PRETTY COOL, THOUGH. BUT THAT SHIT&#39;S NO MOP.

ESNED
05-08-2004, 02:57 AM
anyone know what to use to make a cheap ink? ass long as its black, and doesnt fade or come off to rain.?

ESNED
05-08-2004, 02:58 AM
anyone know what to use to make a cheap ink? ass long as its black, and doesnt fade or come off to rain.?

Tony
05-08-2004, 03:05 AM
yes, it goes by the street name "marsh"

ESNED
05-08-2004, 03:09 AM
i said cheap and i have marsh im talking about some shit i can steal and mix together or something.

tyrone biggums
05-08-2004, 02:14 PM
GET GRIFFIN AT WALGREENS AND PILOT INK AT YOUR ART STORE. MIX THE TWO TOGETHER HALF AND HALF AND IT WILL MAKE A NICE CONSISTENCY. THE GRIFFIN WILL STAIN AND THE PILOT WILL SHINE. DEFINITELY THE EASIEST "GOOD" RECIPE TO MAKE, BUT NOT THE BEST INK OUT THERE.

jade
05-08-2004, 02:19 PM
hmmmmmm

ESNED
05-08-2004, 02:21 PM
thanx sounds cheap and simple enough now just gotta find some pilot ink ive only seen it at the graff store here but i will search.

_____JEKLROKS_____
05-08-2004, 11:57 PM
How come when the shell casing comes out of the chamber it still has the slug on it?

ESNED
05-09-2004, 01:13 AM
what the fuck are you talking about? did i miss something?

loki
05-09-2004, 10:16 PM
oh man i made a marker like 2 months ago used up all the ink never checke dto see how permant it was i just opened up the empty marker and like 2 drops dripped on my desk just went to clean it up when it was dry paint thinner dident even take it off i had to scrath it off with a screw driver all i fukcing rember putting in it was paint ball paint marker ink and some rubbing alchol dont rember what else is in it wish i do though

loki
05-09-2004, 10:19 PM
i just thought up something that osunds cool has anyone everytried mixing etch and their ink together?

ESNED
05-10-2004, 01:23 AM
nope it prob eat through the glass weakly and then leave ur ink on top the glass so when they buff the ink off it will still ahve th etch and they&#39;ll keep buffing it lol

Tony
05-10-2004, 01:28 AM
no, it produces very very harmfull fumes that you cant see. never mix etch and ink, it may sound like a good idea but its not.

ESNED
05-10-2004, 01:31 AM
oh ya i forgot someoen told em that lol i got bad memory from the paint fumes like most of us scitsafrinic people do.

MoNkEy
05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
dat would be good if it eat away at the glass, but u could make it if u had gas mask then wen u did hit something up u walker away straight away and didnt breathe anything in

MoNkEy

pSYKAOz
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
i made this mop once... i forget when. but hte other day im skating and i see one of my old tags from like 8 months back. i was like wtf?&#33; that spot gets tagged and buffed like weekly and it was a drippy tag on a window. it looked like etch. some i like yo i never used etch and i go check it out. it was one of my old tags. i wish i still had that ink recipee... it left like a film of white frosting on the glass. like i coudnt even scratch it off with my nails. they finally buffed it though.

ESNED
05-10-2004, 12:52 PM
i bet this happens to alot of people but when u rwalking somewhere or what ever and u see one of ur tags and ur like wtf when the hell did i do that... happens alot with me

FOEone
05-10-2004, 02:05 PM
lol that&#39;s happened to me. you stand there and stare at it and go "Wait...what? I so fuckin dont remember doin that at ALL."

ESNED
05-10-2004, 02:18 PM
lol usulayy happens when im in areas i dunno when i just walk around and hit wat ever i see then ask for directions home

Alias
05-11-2004, 01:10 AM
whiteout pens can be modified to shoot ink out the metal tip... pop the cap, clean the fucker out, gut the springs and pour your own ink in, recap and go run amok.

Make sure you use some paint thinner to clean out the liquid whiteout though because that shit is sticky as hell...

kamikaze
05-11-2004, 01:14 AM
That sounds coo. Ill have to try it...Thanks. Isnt that tip really thin though..

Tony
05-11-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by _____JEKLROKS_____@May 8 2004, 09:57 PM
How come when the shell casing comes out of the chamber it still has the slug on it?
the slug goes through the barrel and the caseing is discarded so the next bullet can go into the chamber.

Alias
05-11-2004, 01:22 PM
yea the tip on whiteout pens is thin metal and yields thin drippy lines... and it only works on smooth surfaces.

Not my marking weapon of choice but its fun to switch it up every once in a while and keep things fresh.

ESNED
05-11-2004, 02:11 PM
another way of getting theese type of effects but lil different is get one of thoose lil bottles where u like squeeze it to pick up like liquids and they have a cap for them too i got mine at an art store there only like a buck anyways u squeeze and lift some ink into it or what ever and put the cap on then find a nice non heaty spot pull it out and squeeze it while doing ur tag it doesnt have a nib so ur just like, ah fuck man its hard to explain but u have the idea of what to use so just do the math

jurass finish first
05-11-2004, 05:53 PM
shit about seeing tags and not remembering when you wrote them. . . i had a couple friends that got liquored up one night and decided it would be fun to go and try doin my handstyle everywhere. . . so im on the bus and i see the shittiest handstyle ever and it says my tag. . . pretty gay but most of them have been buffed so its all good

Sar!
05-11-2004, 06:53 PM
For me i like to use alot of different things...i poted them before so take a with search with my :blink:... for the most part i like those &#39;classic&#39; mod markers but that doesnt mean end here...if we applied that to everything how would we get styles? lol anyway...here is a list of products whichi have used and am using....

-Colgate the plastic short case one
-deorderant cases all shapes and sizes
-Shampoo bottles not so &#39;convient&#39; i go not o tall and wide though but well worth the time to make and make better :D
...then they are mods of markers and mods of the mods lol... its about not really re-inventing but simply "damn i wish i had something to do this" thinking...that and im just trying not to limit myself to what to use and what not to use... i do like to keep the outsides clean and neat though with little ruffs as i can <_< but it happens... i try to post step by step with pics and these weapons :ph34r:

EvokeOne
05-12-2004, 05:07 PM
I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH ME CONSERN.LOL. ANYWAY, I HAVE BEEN NOTICING THAT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD AND SCHOOL PEOPLE ARE WRITING WITH SOMESORT OF MARKER THAT DRIPS LIKE A KIWI MOP, BUT THIS THING IS LIKE HALF OR LESS THE THICKNESS OF THE TIP OF A MOP. I AM SURE THAT ITS NOT A REGULAR FLOW PEN. IT MIGHT BE ONE OF THE GLUE PENS BUT I DOUBT IT. IF NO ONE CAN HELP ME I GUESS ALL I HAVE LEFT IS TO ASK. :ph34r:

Tony
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
bingo dabber.

tyrone biggums
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM
YEP, THAT&#39;S EITHER A BINGO DABBER OR A FACE PAINT MARKER. PERSONALLY I LIKE BOTH OF THOSE MUCH BETTER THAN REGULAR KIWIS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BETTER NIBS AND ARE A LITTLE SKINNIER.

Dsenter NAV
05-13-2004, 05:58 AM
use a glue stick, take the glue thing out and put sumthing in the bottom so that shit dont get out.
then get your ink and put the shit in, get a chalkboard eraser nib and tape it on tite&#33;&#33;
a mad pen sized home made marker, also use a syringe or sum shit too measure the ink put in.

ESNED
05-13-2004, 06:19 AM
most definitly a face painter.

ok a gigantic mop i made a joke with at 711 yesterday when bombign take the lays new stack up chips there like pringles but the container is plastic poke holes on the bottom and glue on a school eraser to the bottom of it.
now put in some cloth or foam perferablt foam and fill it up with indian ink who cares if it sucks for an ink now put the top of the cap on and tape it all up this way if u wanna refill it u can just take the tape off and pull off the cap and add more i guess u could also cut it in half and tape it off or something to make it smaller just use your imagination. also i racked some candy rolelr thing that would be like a roller deoderant stick but smaller

CHILLEN905
05-14-2004, 05:42 PM
i know alot of writers have one of those jumbo pilot refilable markers layin around somewhere. there good but with aloy of the refilable markers u lose 50% of the ink in that fely thing on the inside of the marker i noticed this afther my marker dried out after 2 weeks of tagging. doing this will make the marker a bit drippyand you wont have to refill it for a while depending on how hard u bomb

things u will need
-a lit wax candel

-gloves and a old towel (only if your pilot is not fully dry but u might need them any way)

and some neddle nose plyers

first u unscrew the part with the nib then u just wave the marker shell and that felt in it. stick the plyers down into the felt of the marker shell and squezze so u have a hold inthe felt and start to pull it up .DONT PULL IT UP FAST AND RIP IT APART becaues that felt is long and circuler at each end andits perfect to make make another marker out of it (i cut it up and made 3)depending on what type of refilable jumbo u have there might be a little black cylender at the bottom of the empty shell take that out because it just takes up space (u could use it to make a cap for a mop or whatever just through it away is u want)now that the shell is pompletly empty u take the part of the marker with the nib in . (this is what u needed the candel for if u were wondering)lite the and let it burn for a while turn the nib holder upsidedown then pour the wax into the back of it.but dont cover the nib in wax pour it around (u do this so non of the extra ink will drain out) fill the marker shell with any type of ink that u like DO NOT FILL WITH THINED PAINT IT WILL JUST CLOG IT while the wax is still soft screw it back on os it makes a air tight seal recap and stand it on its head for a bit but not too long or else when u open it the ink that colected in the cap will spill all over u. doin this to the marker makes it last longer and u use all the ink u put in it

HAVE FUN AND KILL SHIT B)

"ChIlLeNOnE"

jurass finish first
05-16-2004, 02:05 AM
what are face paint markers like? ive only seen the pastel ones, but those wouldn&#39;t drip. . . haha. do some facepaint markers (not solid) have pumps?

kamikaze
05-16-2004, 02:06 AM
ionno, but that would be coo if they did

ESNED
05-16-2004, 05:14 AM
no pumps if u have them upside down they leak slowly its a bitch or if u squeeze them while there in ur pocket, um u just squeeze and u get drips pretty simple.

DeMiK
05-16-2004, 09:05 AM
me dont use markers as much it just gets washed off waist of money, i just use mostly rocks

pSYKAOz
05-16-2004, 12:35 PM
lol ^^^ whataver creams your twinky....

modded a pilot last nite... its my dope lil marker of the week... i gotta make some mad paint drippers... hum ill go do that now ^^

CHILLEN905
05-17-2004, 07:45 PM
i read threw alot of the posts and alot of people are talkin about mops made with chalk board erasers well this is alot better than that one and the shoe polish mop i made this mop a few week ago it writes sick with nice drips ill post up pics on how to make it later

peace B)

http://www.imgspot.com/u/2004/05/18/01/FLIX_269.jpg
http://www.imgspot.com/u/2004/05/18/01/FLIX_270.jpg

"ChIlLeNOnE"

SEK
05-19-2004, 06:10 PM
I wanna know how to make that mop, hey chillen, try to post the instructions asap&#33; &#33;THX&#33;

Tony
05-19-2004, 06:21 PM
pull off the top, put in ink.

:rolleyes:

SEK
05-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Ya but wat us that he is using for the handle, and wat is he using for the nib?

afterten
05-19-2004, 06:45 PM
sek, you bother me.

SEK
05-19-2004, 06:49 PM
y is that?

CHILLEN905
05-19-2004, 09:54 PM
afterten Posted on May 19 2004, 06:45 PM
sek, you bother me.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and ya ill post up how to make it later im too lazy right now B)

ESNED
05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
well i got some home made markers but there hard to explain like i took this one marker that was double ended i cut it in half put marsh in it taped it up and now i got a mini marker with cap and all and its a chisel tip thats about half a inch wide its dope ive refilled it 4 times now

CR4CK4 SM4CK4
05-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Im making my own hommade marker, Ill show how im doing it later, but do I really need to steal a nib from the school erasers?

ESNED
05-20-2004, 08:46 PM
no use what ever for an eraser fuck as long as it works use your imagination

pSYKAOz
05-21-2004, 03:47 AM
from the looks of that chillen mop... dunno if this is how u did it but this outta work also...

get those glitter glue sticks. cut off the end so its wider. fill half way with ink. put a long piece of felt that fits snuggly in letting it stick out abit. put a few drops of glue... tadum... lol squeeze and write....

hum i made a not so bad one with a pilot... ill get flix when i can..

war child
05-21-2004, 12:17 PM
I dont know about them homade markers, they are a pain

pSYKAOz
05-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by war child@May 21 2004, 12:17 PM
I dont know about them homade markers, they are a pain
u just cant buy a dope marker. i have yet to see something really ill... pilot, otr, pentel and stanford make some that are good but not ill

CR4CK4 SM4CK4
05-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Doin an deoderant mop, soo bs has the ink you should need?

-> DUMB ONE <-
05-21-2004, 08:44 PM
heres a pilot i had turned into a silver and now ive decided to put in another ink now so i regutted it
http://picserver.org/view_image.php/H63H42X05594/picserver.jpeg
heres one of my kiwi mops
http://picserver.org/view_image.php/T3LIJMPH2LH4/picserver.jpeg

SEK
05-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey chillen , how about the instructions for that mop?

pSYKAOz
05-22-2004, 12:09 PM
messy markers.... haha all mine are like that also...

-> DUMB ONE <-
05-22-2004, 12:36 PM
they arent eally that messsy its just when i was filling them...

ESNED
05-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by SEK@May 22 2004, 08:59 AM
Hey chillen , how about the instructions for that mop?
are u fucking kiddin me think about it ur asking how to make one of the easiest mops.

-> DUMB ONE <-
05-22-2004, 01:34 PM
CRAYOLA BOMBIN&#33;

things you will need....
1. a crayola marker. the kind with the big triangular nib
2. ink to fill it with
3. plyers
4. and if oyu dont want to use the nib on it then a cloth or eraser

first get all your materials together. then take your plyers, grasp the end of the marker with that big knotch very hard and then pull until it rips off. then cut out cloth felt inside (if youd like), if you dont it doesnt really make that much of a diffrence. then replace the nib if you want. then pour in the ink and then recap. you now have a new and improved crayola marker with plenty of drips&#33;

pSYKAOz
05-22-2004, 02:21 PM
just made this.... its a nice pastel green... nice and opaque paint marker... yum....
and biggggg hehe

http://membres.lycos.fr/psykaoz/bigcan_marker_closed.JPG

http://membres.lycos.fr/psykaoz/bigcan_marker_open.JPG

ESNED
05-22-2004, 02:25 PM
u crazy muther fucker

pSYKAOz
05-22-2004, 03:01 PM
gonna go hit up and get some flix haha

jurass finish first
05-22-2004, 10:42 PM
hey has anybody tried those markal paintsticks? (the ones that are supposed to bleed through other paint). id send a link but theres no direct link to the page that has them. . .

www.markal.com (go to cataloge, then to cold surface paint sticks)

i wanna know if they&#39;re any good so i know if its worth trackin some down

halo
05-23-2004, 01:08 AM
Rack some window writers from the dollar store and empty them out and fill with your fav ink/paint. Dont forget to cut a small piece of eraser and glue it into the small hole in the middle....Wow....Ifd you dont it will be somthing of epedemic proportions....Learned it the hard way. Tipped it over to let it drip to get the nib al nice a juicy, and the thing shot Krylon silver alover my prand new fence....Told my mom I saw a crazy hobo in the back yard do it...Cant believe she boght that shit&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

zil
05-23-2004, 04:46 PM
i just use a kiwi, rip of that shit foam thing and stuff a chunk of an old sock in it

ESNED
05-24-2004, 03:57 AM
get 2 tic tac containers, opxy glue, tape, ink, nib.

take apart the white top from the clear container on both

throw away one of the white tops

with one white top and 1 of the containers make it so the white top is reversed and sitting on top of the opening,

then glue it to gether and tape it up

fill it with ink

glue a nib onto it

use the other container as a nib, there u go u got ur self a dope mini wide marker that has a cap.

ESNED
05-24-2004, 03:58 AM
*use the other container as a lid, there u go u got ur self a dope mini wide marker that has a cap.

skan.nashville
05-24-2004, 10:48 AM
hotel shampoo container mop..

1 shampoo reciprical
a strip of eraser
stain of ur likiing
cap...depends on the bottle

empty out ALL the shampoo (hot water helps) make sure it is all out no residue&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; then fillr&#39; up with ur ink rollup ur eraser nib an ur done....on mine i use a mesurein cap off a robotussin bottle an it fits very snugley after u get it over one of the line

skan.nashville
05-24-2004, 10:49 AM
*i would post a pic but fuck hostin an all that b.s*

pSYKAOz
05-24-2004, 11:22 AM
used todo alot of those shampoo bottle markers

Sier
05-24-2004, 12:27 PM
get one of those ZIG two way glue , empty out the glue and fill it with your favorite ink, the nib that it comes with is like an O T R nib.

jurass finish first
05-24-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Sier@May 24 2004, 12:27 PM
get one of those ZIG two way glue , empty out the glue and fill it with your favorite ink, the nib that it comes with is like an O T R nib.
dude on the zig glue markers the nibs are the same as the montanas and teh postermans, but not the otr&#39;s. i think so anyways, i could be wrong

Sier
05-24-2004, 01:20 PM
the zig nib is like 15mm isn&#39;t that like the otr

kyer
05-28-2004, 05:47 PM
hey jugg i got a question that deorderant marker in that pic how do u refil it?

ESNED
05-28-2004, 09:46 PM
anything u can think of u can usually make a mop out of

RealShitter
05-28-2004, 10:27 PM
:ph34r: I made a marker out of a small folgers can its crazy drippy and really bad ass. I had to use like 3 chalkboard erasers. The chap stick markers are really good if you do it right dont use sock though unless you like a big frayed out tip. You can also use a vhs tape.

pSYKAOz
05-29-2004, 05:44 AM
noooooooooooooooo&#33; not the vhs tapeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

seriously. who the fuck needs a marker that takes two bottle of ink to fill and that is so big u cant fit a full letter anewhere let alone a tag.

ESNED
05-29-2004, 05:25 PM
can u say pringles...

ViKn
05-29-2004, 05:41 PM
wouldent a Coffee can full of ink be like 20 pounds?

Edit: oh a small one, ok only 7 pounds.

Thief
05-29-2004, 08:35 PM
I was just thinking, could you make a marker using the kinda of dye to make tydye shirts?

KaRkUs
05-29-2004, 09:30 PM
one marker i really like modding/making is you get a liquid chalk pen and empty out all the chalk. then you fill it with indian ink. gives it a dope black/brown color and drips depending on how hard you push it down.

been rocking these for a couple of months and no problems with leaks or anything so far :)

peace out.

mr. she77
05-30-2004, 09:44 AM
drink some ink, whip out your pen15 and you know the rest

jurass finish first
05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Sier@May 24 2004, 01:20 PM
the zig nib is like 15mm isn&#39;t that like the otr
the zig nip has like a arrow type thing at the bottom and the otr&#39;s just have lines. ive never changed a nib on my otr but thats what they look like when i see them at the store. . . once again, i could be wrong

pSYKAOz
05-30-2004, 02:45 PM
i need some good glue... all my markers keep falling apart lol... bee recommended gorilla glue and so did my sis... ill have to get some

IntentionalKrime
05-30-2004, 04:31 PM
I use a fuckin glue stick too sometimes for on-the-run, just take out the glue, than take off the turny thing at the end and snip off the stick thats inside, put the bottom back on, fill it through the top and use the stuff thats on chalkboard erasers as a nib. its what the guy said on the bottom of page 3, check that out if u dont get what im sayin. Also today i made a new marker thing, have you ever seen those little girly erasers that have like 5 of em in it and u take the first one out and stick it in the bottom and it pushes a new one up? well take em all out but leave one in the front but take the little rubber part out and theres 3 holes in it, than put whatever u want as a nib/tip than fill it through the back and put a piece of towel and duct tape on the back to stop leaks.

ESNED
05-30-2004, 07:49 PM
hey i was wondering are thoose Dalo broad markers any good like anyone ever try them and in the pic on bombing science which end is the tip the paint comes out from im gueesing the smaller end and how the fuck do theese things work.

genome
05-30-2004, 10:40 PM
the g shit is just getting ink in a water bottle and holding a chalkboard eraser in your hand. right before the wall or window you hit up the eraser wiht the ink and bust the tag. you need some glovers though, so its hella sketch, but you can do some fat handstyles for sheez.

Dsenter NAV
05-31-2004, 05:58 AM
ot this one too... bit of a joke... u no gatorade bottle just fill em wit ink and chuck a nib in the drink hole..
it&#39;d be pretty mad&#33;&#33;

pSYKAOz
05-31-2004, 04:20 PM
lol i dont have that much ink to waste haha... one day i will just take a squiggy and a bucket of ink and reck some shit... hahaha

zil
05-31-2004, 05:36 PM
has anyone tried city wide marker ink? if so, i&#39;d like to know if its any good..

nick
05-31-2004, 06:09 PM
ok a mob i made was with a aXe deodorant bodyspray bottle empty that take off cap and sill 3/4 house paint and 1/4 paint thinner. stick a chalk earser in there and you got a mob drippy looks sick i did it on a dumbster in the back of wal-mart looks cool. hard to do becuase the axe bottles are sealed good

ESNED
05-31-2004, 09:52 PM
ummmmm ya thats a good "MOB"...

nick
05-31-2004, 10:39 PM
mop* sorry man ..... but seriously its good but its hard to make becuase its like a spray can you have to bust it open so i dont recomand it... just to the deodorant stick mop that works exellant for me

pSYKAOz
05-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by zil@May 31 2004, 05:36 PM
has anyone tried city wide marker ink? if so, i&#39;d like to know if its any good..
well it was very very popular a few years ago so i guess so

jurass finish first
06-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by ESNED@May 30 2004, 07:49 PM
hey i was wondering are thoose Dalo broad markers any good like anyone ever try them and in the pic on bombing science which end is the tip the paint comes out from im gueesing the smaller end and how the fuck do theese things work.
they suck man. the paint is bright and shit but once it tries you can just scratch it and it&#39;ll like flake off. plus its hard to keep it writing clean cuz yuo have to scratch all the shit off the end every time you use it. plus its only as wide as a deco. . .

syze
06-04-2004, 02:37 PM
alright, i get it all but what kind of paint do u need, like acrlic, or what?

pSYKAOz
06-04-2004, 03:33 PM
antirust bucket paint...

CHILLEN905
06-04-2004, 06:41 PM
yo koaz did that mop work good.post up some flix of some tags u did with it in the tag thread.if u have any B)

ESNED
06-05-2004, 07:22 AM
nick thoose axe spray things are easy to open my friend hid a half oz or sumthin like that in one and when the cops searched us they just put ti aside and ignored it

pSYKAOz
06-05-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by CHILLEN905@Jun 4 2004, 06:41 PM
yo koaz did that mop work good.post up some flix of some tags u did with it in the tag thread.if u have any B)
i did a few but havent taken any flix. the nib isnt super wide. abit under 2 inches. and i didnt have any glue so it was just tapped so it didnt last two long but it flowed decent considering i was using paint not ink. im going to redo it with ink when i got some good glue.... then itll be a killer haha...

INSane
06-05-2004, 10:56 AM
take a marks a lot type marker take of the top or bottom wtv one comes off.. get a pot,,, then take the tampon like thing out of the mark-salot,,, squeez as much as u can out of the tampon thingy,,, then add glass etch, 2 bic pens ink, then add 1/4 bottle of the ink form the show polish mops...mix n remix till u get bout the right consistency.. then poor it inot the marker.. close it n then take a candle, light it n pour the wax around the outside of the marker where u need it to be sealed, n then wrap it with electical tape.. it fucking a hot marker with nuff drips

DemonTorn
06-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Just made this one today. The Kiwi Shoe Polish bottle was courtesy of the local Plumb&#39;s store and the Krylon Short Cuts Paint was provided unknowengly by the Meijer store by my house. Incase you were wondering, I did put a ball bearing inside to help in the mixing process. And about the color, It is Glow Orange, the same as you would find in the Krylon Short Cuts Spray Cans. Works very well and drys very quickly. Average assemble time is about 5 mins.

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400578712_001P.jpg

MuertO
06-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by fáng1@May 3 2004, 06:29 PM
take an old deoderant canaster fill it with paint thinner and bucket paint and put a sock on the end, and there you go.
are u sure abut this....... this drip alot.........to much

canaru
06-07-2004, 04:16 PM
a lot of interesting ideas........but can someone actually post pict¨res step by sep on how to mke a mraker.......(ex. the glue stick one or deodarant.)thanx

zil
06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
its just not that hard dude.. experiment... get a chalkboard eraser and a glus stick or deoderant.. hot glue any areas where ink might leak out and experiement.. damnit... im genrealyy nice about this but we cant do EVERYthing for you..

Skippy
06-07-2004, 05:43 PM
yo whenever makin a mop that you may need to cover up some wholes on the container or anything melt some candle wax to the whole.. it works for me all the time..

Skippy
06-07-2004, 05:47 PM
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00438427f00000032.jpg

this is the good shit to make home made silver.

syze
06-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Roll on deoderent

chalk board eraser

hot glue gun

ink

you get a roll on deoderent and you pop off the ball (not with your mouth because deoderent tastes like shit, trust me) and you fill it with ink and you tear an earaser and you roll it up in a ball (flat and round so it looks like a round tip) you glue it togeter so it doesent get pushed in to the doederent stick and glue (hot glue, The more the better) an 1/2 inch higher than the deoderent stick. after the glue dries you stat pushing it againt the gound or on a wall. untill the hole chalk board eracer gets what ever the paint is. and in the middle is where all the paint comes out. and now your ready to tagg&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

pSYKAOz
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
here a lil tip for those markers that are for mad drips...

sometimes u shake em too much while walking, sitting on the bus etc and like ink leaks into the cap and when u open it it spits all over your shoes...

i always stick a lil piece of felt or sponge in top of my cap for those kinds of markers... so itll absorb that xtra mess...

Adamo
06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by pSYKAOz@Jun 8 2004, 10:44 PM
i always stick a lil piece of felt or sponge in top of my cap for those kinds of markers... so itll absorb that xtra mess...
lol i do the exact same thing....cut up my moms sponge. heh

_asif_
06-09-2004, 12:36 AM
i made my first marker today its pretty dope theres not alot of places that sale good markers here in ottawa ill take some pic of what it looks like .

ESNED
06-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Skippy@Jun 7 2004, 03:47 PM
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00438427f00000032.jpg

this is the good shit to make home made silver.
aluminum tremclad is better its already runny like piss so ntohing needed to add for mops and u get drips

Atic
06-09-2004, 07:00 PM
does anyone know how to refill a magnum 44?

pSYKAOz
06-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Atic@Jun 9 2004, 07:00 PM
does anyone know how to refill a magnum 44?
get pliers and yank the nib out. pour ink thru the hole with a funnel or an eyedroper... if u dont have a funnel make a ghetto one. find a lil plastic bottle and cut the bottom off....

squeeze the nib back in

zil
06-09-2004, 07:07 PM
rack a syrenge out of a printer ink refill kit, then fill the syrenge with ink and inject the needle behind the nib

Atic
06-09-2004, 07:09 PM
thanks.

MisterSpeak
06-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by pSYKAOz+May 5 2004, 12:59 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pSYKAOz @ May 5 2004, 12:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-crac@May 4 2004, 10:32 PM

just make your own. check the recipee thread its hella cheap. will cost you like 15&#036; to make like a 1L of the shit. [/b][/quote]
I tried it and it doesnt work because wheneve ri start writing the first stroke is nice...Then it fades out...How do I fix this...Or whats best to use along with the paint...

zil
06-09-2004, 09:42 PM
dude u must have some weird krink.. i just mixed rusto bucket paint with about 25% paint thinner.. it works hella good.. whats ur recipe?

MisterSpeak
06-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Ill try that I did 2/3 rusto bucket paint with 1/3 rubbing alhohaul...

zil
06-10-2004, 09:59 PM
alcohol doesnt mix with oil based paint.. i think theres something like denatured alcohol that you can use but i know rubbing alcohol doesnt work.. just stick wit paint thinner.. its cheap and u know it will work..

loki
06-11-2004, 01:19 PM
what are some good refilable markers. i dont care baout the shit ink thats inside i just wana know whats refilable with a decent sized nib

-> DUMB ONE <-
06-11-2004, 01:20 PM
pilot jumbo

zil
06-11-2004, 02:26 PM
pilot jumbo and otr flowpen/hard to buff are the only thinks ill rock... besides a mop of course

jurass finish first
06-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by loki@Jun 11 2004, 01:19 PM
what are some good refilable markers. i dont care baout the shit ink thats inside i just wana know whats refilable with a decent sized nib
get a posterman or a marvy garden craft marker. you can use up whats inside or jsut empty it out. . . i really like the gardencraft markers though

oblong
06-12-2004, 01:16 PM
nothing to fancy or something that no one has done b4

pink mop

deodorant

ESNED
06-12-2004, 01:20 PM
ok to the person who said the ghetto krink didnt work if its in a kiwi bottle when writeing with it have it pumped and squeeze it at the same time.

oblong
06-12-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by ESNED@Jun 12 2004, 01:20 PM
ok to the person who said the ghetto krink didnt work if its in a kiwi bottle when writeing with it have it pumped and squeeze it at the same time.
who ever said that must be fucking retarded

darkling_stalkr
06-12-2004, 06:01 PM
anyone use the painters marker from micheals ? i got one today and it&#39;s not bad untill i can get my markers off here...

toy_ONED
06-12-2004, 07:04 PM
you know what, if you wanna see if your stuff will buff off of glass....or anything for that manner, rack pieces of materials and make mini markers instead of wasting ink on big things...then try it out, if it doesn&#39;t work, then ur learning, aren&#39;t ya ?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?

Jeffhole
06-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Just this morning I made a mop out of a Chapstick container...used tremclad aluminum.

I love how conceilable this is&#33;

oblong
06-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Jeffhole@Jun 12 2004, 08:56 PM
Just this morning I made a mop out of a Chapstick container...used tremclad aluminum.

I love how conceilable this is&#33;
ya until it runs out after have a tag

jade
06-12-2004, 09:31 PM
i have a chapstick marker also, i got like 12 of em.....

ya until it runs out after have a tag

if yer talkin bout when you put the cap back on and it all spills out from under the cap, just take a pin or needle, heat it up and poke about 3 holes in the lid, the hole will be small enuf that ink wont go through it and itll let air escape while putting the lid on so it dosnt run all out when you put the cap on.

oblong
06-12-2004, 10:05 PM
i was jsut making a point about the low ink holdability=)

jade
06-13-2004, 12:45 AM
ooohhhhhhhhh oh-kay yeah they dont last that long, thats why i have many of em

Jeffhole
06-13-2004, 09:56 AM
I have no problems with taking 1 minute of my time everynight to refill this badboy.

Right now I&#39;m absolutely loving &#39;er.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/747454/Chapmark.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/747454/csi_silv.jpg

leit
06-13-2004, 11:54 AM
yeah it seems nice.

man i tried making a marker using this long glue tube, hot glue gun, chalk baord nib, and duct tape.

I put everything together.. Then my dumbass like put non oil based pint in there and thinner and it like wouldn&#39;t go through.. YOu should&#39;ve seen how confused i was it was embarrassing.

Jeffhole
06-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Been there and Done that...

:blink:

darkling_stalkr
06-13-2004, 05:42 PM
anyone know if/how you can refill a Zig WoodCraft??

Jeffhole
06-13-2004, 06:55 PM
You&#39;ve probably tried taking off the tip by turning it counter-clockwise. They trick you. Twist Clockwise and then take out the pump system.

Be careful though...Zig have a tendency to jizz everywhere.

darkling_stalkr
06-13-2004, 06:59 PM
tnx

oblong
06-13-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Jeffhole@Jun 13 2004, 09:56 AM
I have no problems with taking 1 minute of my time everynight to refill this badboy.

Right now I&#39;m absolutely loving &#39;er.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/747454/Chapmark.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/747454/csi_silv.jpg
to tell you the truth that acutally looks pretty good, i might have to whip one of those up tonight :D what type of paint is that? rusto bucket? and i am guessing that is a eraser nib?

oblong
06-13-2004, 07:51 PM
and also is there any filler int he acutaly shaft part of the stick ya i know it sounds bad

Jeffhole
06-13-2004, 11:37 PM
What I did was to make sure the chapstick was completely airtight.
Used Tremclad Aluminum (No need to thin).
Eraser tip. No filter, I just jammed the tip down about a quater of the way.
Also...to fix unwanted drips I put a cut up sponge into the cap.

MaNiaK
06-14-2004, 01:11 AM
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/1W6IL24Z21E1/picserver.jpeg

heres a picture i have of one of the glue pens ive been talking about that i made. all it takes is a liitle adjustment... and to the question about the woodcraft.. yes you can its the same concept of the glue pens....

leit
06-14-2004, 01:30 AM
over here we got these great dollar stores. You can can a ton of shit in there. I was surprised i didn&#39;t find shoe polish but i did find brake fluid? wierd huh. But the main point is that you guys should check out thoses stores cause they have some nice materials.

Lazer
06-14-2004, 02:10 AM
^^i just bought one of these sakura markers

Lazer
06-14-2004, 02:11 AM
http://www.artstuff.net/images/sakura%20solid.jpg
^^lol my bad, forgot to post a pic of it

Jeffhole
06-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Yah...I&#39;ve made countless marker&#39;s out of the Zig gluesticks. They&#39;re sick for their nib. Not as conceilable as you&#39;d think, though.

jurass finish first
06-14-2004, 12:07 PM
they&#39;re smaller than montanas and postermans though. . . i made my etch marker out of one of those. never worked too good though

pSYKAOz
06-14-2004, 02:51 PM
well if i was to have a chap stick marker either id have to take a bunch out with me or id have to carry ink...

i pass thru a mini otr every nite i go out or so... depends sometimes a lil less.

pSYKAOz
06-14-2004, 02:53 PM
oh and anyone know where i can find those zig glue? like i hear d at wall mart... i checked around but didnt find any :P

Tony
06-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by jurass finish first@Jun 14 2004, 10:07 AM
they&#39;re smaller than montanas and postermans though. . . i made my etch marker out of one of those. never worked too good though
drill 3 small holes in the nib. it should work better

MAST
06-14-2004, 04:13 PM
has anyone used one of those bottles for bubbles??? im just wonderin if it works

MAST
06-14-2004, 04:45 PM
right now im makin a mop outta some candy container thats like it wuz made to be a mop...ill post a pic when i get sum

The Most Sadistic
06-14-2004, 05:54 PM
i love kiwi mops.. ther my favorite i never made anythin else

MisterSpeak
06-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by pSYKAOz@Jun 14 2004, 02:53 PM
oh and anyone know where i can find those zig glue? like i hear d at wall mart... i checked around but didnt find any :P
Fabric Stores.

.limit.
06-14-2004, 08:10 PM
I gotta try maing one of those glue/chap stick marker man
this is the best thread ever

zil
06-14-2004, 09:13 PM
im not a big fan of chapstick markers.. as far as mops come, i like kiwis and roll on deoderant mops with chalk board nibs... i got a zig glue pen (the kind with the OTR like pump system) and filled it up with krink.. ive been rockin that for awhile and its hella tight..

oblong
06-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Lazer@Jun 14 2004, 02:11 AM
http://www.artstuff.net/images/sakura%20solid.jpg
^^lol my bad, forgot to post a pic of it
sorry but these are not the greatest, you would be better of with any type of paint marker, yes these are real perm, hard to buff and dont fade but they arent really that controlled and plus if its hot where u live they gum up really bad unless u store it int he fridge.

oblong
06-15-2004, 12:50 AM
HONESTLY MY FAVORITE HOMEMADE MARKER IS OUT OF ONE OF THOSE OLD ALUMINUM BADAID CONTAIERS OR THE ONES U GET THAT NEON BANDAID GUM IN. YOU FILL IT WITH A SOCK AND LAY YOUR FELT ERASER NIB IN THE TOP AND JUICE WITH PREFERED INK

Dsenter NAV
06-15-2004, 03:14 AM
My favorite is my Artline Posterman Tempera, its mad, 20 mil, black tops ink mixed with acetone, and brake fluid.... gotta luv it.

KaRkUs
06-15-2004, 06:12 AM
dam gota start makin some ghetto markers :)

peace out

ESNED
06-15-2004, 08:15 AM
ok i got bored and its 5 am so anyways heres some home made markers, some store bought and some materials.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000013.jpg
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000011.jpg
face painter with white marsh in it. this is one of my favorites, u take the cap off then pull the nib off empty it fill it wit ink/paint put the nib back on. squeeze for drips, and dont put upside down or squeeze when in ur pocket theese things always leak on me so carry it in a bag.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000012.jpg
jiffy, easy to customize

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000014.jpg
h2b with black marsh in it i use this one the most, and a violet flowpen i put some white marsh into to make it thicker and lighter.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000015.jpg
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000016.jpg
some roll on lolly pop candy thing i found at 711 one night, i popped the ball out emptied it filled it and rolled a school eraser up tight in it, this is a nice mini mop with a good cap.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000017.jpg
a mini jiffy a nice thing to carry on u at all times im gunna find a away to customize this bad boy so its better.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000018.jpg
a marker i found at the doller store the marker is crap but the ink inside i swear is the exact same as the flowpen green ink though its not great... its green ink i have to find out how to open it first...

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000019.jpg
tremclad aluminum this is dope for face painters and kiwi&#39;s no need to thin this runny shit out.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000020.jpg
the good old meanstreak

ESNED
06-15-2004, 08:23 AM
http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000021.jpg
a "kiwi" i found at the dollar store they were 1.25 yet i still put 5 in my bag... i had this one kiwi bottle it was one of the newer ones and it had some double nib so it lasts longer anyways when i would do a line with it it would be 30mm wide not to mention the nib was triangular.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000022.jpg
a garden craft with acrylic paint and water mixed to gether my cheap ass "montana" marker

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000023.jpg
otr.050 its the same as a pilot as in metal and no pump and the ink is pretty good

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000024.jpg
i forget what type it is but i got it at some art store its a 20mm nib u cant refill it unless u cut it up but the ink in it is good enough to use.

http://photos.fotango.com/p/eba00407768f00000026.jpg
a silky pastel, though i think its a fabric pastel.(i dunno) anyways works good on cement and wat not and i may make a marker out of it.

anyways my must used marker is my h2b, my favorite marker face painters, my fav ink is marsh, and my fav paint for mops is tremclad silver.

pSYKAOz
06-15-2004, 09:14 AM
ahhh the nice markers ill have to upload some flix of my shit

canaru
06-15-2004, 02:38 PM
can some body post the process pix of making a marker........

leit
06-15-2004, 02:42 PM
lol yeah. The nib putting on part.. I tried hot glueing it on and it fucked up. Like it didn&#39;t wanna go through the nib just the sides.

leit
06-15-2004, 02:43 PM
oh yeah dollar stores have niceshit in them some times i found brake fluid

oblong
06-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by leit@Jun 15 2004, 02:43 PM
oh yeah dollar stores have niceshit in them some times i found brake fluid
no you didnt

oblong
06-15-2004, 05:24 PM
i have an older emptied gardcraft or woddcraft. i have been tyring to refil it and i am finding that no matter how much i thin the ink it wont run throught the nib? i have mde many markers and customized many also but for som reason i jsut cant get this one to work for me

MisterSpeak
06-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Maybe the nib is dryed out with the old ink.

Ravek
06-15-2004, 08:42 PM
every one fails once in a while its wat makes us human

MAST
06-15-2004, 09:04 PM
ya i have a woodcraft...once the nib is soaked with the woodcraft ink stuff u have to wash it thoroughly

ESNED
06-16-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by oblong@Jun 15 2004, 03:24 PM
i have an older emptied gardcraft or woddcraft. i have been tyring to refil it and i am finding that no matter how much i thin the ink it wont run throught the nib? i have mde many markers and customized many also but for som reason i jsut cant get this one to work for me
well some inks dont react well together so once the nib is used some inks cant be refilled with it its best to use it with ur own ink from the beggining. and yes u can get brake oil at the dollar store

oblong
06-16-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ESNED+Jun 16 2004, 12:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ESNED @ Jun 16 2004, 12:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oblong@Jun 15 2004, 03:24 PM
well some inks dont react well together so once the nib is used some inks cant be refilled with it its best to use it with ur own ink from the beggining. and yes u can get brake oil at the dollar store [/b][/quote]
i had cleaned the nib very well, sokaed it squeezed all the water out with plyers
and then layed it on ym vent to air out. the paint jsut basically blobs around it but i am shure that it would work with a type of ink. its not that big of a loss.
and thanks for the help everyone

skan.nashville
06-16-2004, 01:23 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/334/NathansPics59.jpg
SMOK http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2778/EG19.jpg MY FUCKIN MARKERS&#33;

Ravek
06-16-2004, 02:27 PM
yes yes nice selection of markers

oblong
06-16-2004, 08:52 PM
those new triangle kiwis are not even close to the good old round screw on lid on

Logik
06-17-2004, 01:48 PM
Oblong thanks for directing me to this thread. I finally made a marker that works half decent. I used a empty glue stick, some cloth i found laying around, paint thinner and blue paint. it writes pretty phat lines, next time im out ill take some pictures of how it works. :D

xianx
06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Yo, has anyone put paint in an empty OTR flow pen? if so how did it work out? do you think the paint would dry inside the marker or what?

i wanna try this but dont wanna fuck up my marker in the process.

oblong
06-17-2004, 08:15 PM
ya jsut use a brand new nib and make shure the paint is thinned out enogh or jsut use one of those stupid overpriced brand name paints

xianx
06-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by oblong@Jun 17 2004, 08:15 PM
ya jsut use a brand new nib and make shure the paint is thinned out enogh or jsut use one of those stupid overpriced brand name paints
how would you thin it? paint thinner? add water?

lowlife
06-17-2004, 08:49 PM
its all about trial and error

Logik
06-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by xianx+Jun 17 2004, 08:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xianx @ Jun 17 2004, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oblong@Jun 17 2004, 08:15 PM
how would you thin it? paint thinner? add water? [/b][/quote]
Paint thinner would be my best guess. ;)

BASIK1
06-17-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by xianx+Jun 17 2004, 08:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xianx @ Jun 17 2004, 08:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oblong@Jun 17 2004, 08:15 PM
how would you thin it? paint thinner? add water? [/b][/quote]
I was wondering the same thing about water because I didnt have any paint thinner available and I made one of the kiwi shoe polish markers tonight and used this really thick ass paint which didnt flow outta it very nice.

CaliforniaSkan
06-18-2004, 12:14 AM
I&#39;m guessing water would be ok if you&#39;re using acrylic paint. Since when people paint canvases they use water to thin the paint.

-> DUMB ONE <-
06-18-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by skan.nashville@Jun 16 2004, 01:23 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/334/NathansPics59.jpg
SMOK http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2778/EG19.jpg MY FUCKIN MARKERS&#33;
goddamn skan, your rusto marker is fucking dope&#33; and why did you post a flick of smok?

clo
06-18-2004, 12:09 PM
a marker i just made last night was to get a cream bottel and get a shampo cap that comes up and down and in the litterl hole of the cap put a nib from another marker i have not used it yet but my friend did he likes it i will be saveing it for my first bomb

skan.nashville
06-18-2004, 02:34 PM
cause hishand is sick with the MARKER *hint hint*

mr. she77
06-18-2004, 02:45 PM
not that it matters but since it isnt your you should put it in the TAGS TAGS TAGS thread, een though its mostly beef now haha

-> DUMB ONE <-
06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
ya she77 is right

mr. she77
06-18-2004, 04:13 PM
im always right biatch

ESNED
06-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by oblong@Jun 16 2004, 06:52 PM
those new triangle kiwis are not even close to the good old round screw on lid on
i like the 30mm nib more then the round 10mm nib

HeTaK-hst
06-18-2004, 05:32 PM
i put purple and red construction paint in my otr(hard to buff)mix with a little bit of brake fluid and i do a hole(un trou)in the middle of my nib big like the hole(le trou)in the shoes polish(la connerie pour les soulier)

chus francais so si vous comprener pas toute c normal

peace out

xianx
06-19-2004, 01:38 PM
im about to mix some pratt and lambert brand paint with some water and mix it up to see of its thick enough, then put it into my empty OTR flowpen. ill post results. if it doesnt work ill try paint thinner, but i dont have any right now.

xianx
06-19-2004, 01:47 PM
forgot to mention the paint im using is "interior acrylic latex" paint

xianx
06-19-2004, 02:43 PM
is there a way to get the pump system out of the OTR flowpens..without cutting anything off? ive cleanded the thing best i could but i cant figure out how to get the pump system out.

xianx
06-19-2004, 03:08 PM
nevermind im an idiot, i never realized it would be taht simple lol.

ESNED
06-19-2004, 04:34 PM
use ink fools

Logik
06-20-2004, 02:31 PM
I racked a magnum44 yesterday, i can&#39;t say that it is the best marker i&#39;ve used. Personally my paint one flows alot easier and this one is spotty, it leaves dry marks after the first stroke. Anyone know how to correct this or if it might just be my bad handstlye? :huh:

oblong
06-20-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Logik@Jun 20 2004, 02:31 PM
I racked a magnum44 yesterday, i can&#39;t say that it is the best marker i&#39;ve used. Personally my paint one flows alot easier and this one is spotty, it leaves dry marks after the first stroke. Anyone know how to correct this or if it might just be my bad handstlye? :huh:
no, magnums are jsut fucking brutal and they will fade in under a week in direct sun

ESNED
06-20-2004, 08:44 PM
no i think its just ur handstyle

Logik
06-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Nah, i got it flowing it requires a little more pressure than i first assumed. :D

oblong
06-20-2004, 08:48 PM
haha

Demur1
06-20-2004, 11:45 PM
does anyone know how to take apart berol pens so that the nib doesn&#39;t smash apart and shoot paint on your hands. i tried it once and totally fucked up

stwza
06-22-2004, 06:38 PM
If i don&#39;t have paint thinner, what do I use to thin canned paint for markers? I don&#39;t wanna use water, could I use rubbing alcohol or something?

oblong
06-22-2004, 06:59 PM
my favorite
no questions asked

flow is controllable by squeezing
drips also