PDA

View Full Version : How To Get Legal Walls?

SPINage
03-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Spring is here and summer's coming up soon. Me and my crew want to try and get a couple businesses in town to let us paint productions on their walls. I'm sure alot of you have done legals in the past. How do you persuade skeptic business owners to let you paint their property? What are some strategies to use when asking the owners? What type of businesses are most likely to let you paint? Thanks in advance.

Peace!

toon!..
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
i dont care.....no business would let you paint on there building..jus look for legal walls

joker00
03-21-2006, 04:29 PM
usuually there are like jams at the legal and if u good enough of have a hook up u shud get word of it and when u do u will find the legals idk bout all of them but atlest 1

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 04:38 PM
why bother with getting legals just bomb it and hope for the best

MTL113
03-21-2006, 04:45 PM
a guy in my class asked a garage place if he could make a piece on the wall behind and he accepted! so there is ppl that will let u bomb on their property

`~SNEK~'
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
cuz your the retarded cartman in your sig...

if you go bomb shit... and then ask if you could paint it.. youd look madd stupidd...

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 04:56 PM
i dont kmean go bomb and then ask u dumb ass i mean just bomb

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
and dont diss cartman he kick yo ass anyday

FuLa
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
just ask...show previous work, consult your city if there are any laws against it (in the US there will probably be in the downtown or business areas or even residential areas)...

What Happened to the Letters?
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM
fwb, the reason they want a legal is so they can do high quality large peices that will be seen by lots of peoepl without having to wory about the legal matters, not so they can fuckin bomb it...

id say ask aroudn all your local skateshops, if one has a wall facing a parking lot im sure theyd let you do a peice there if your good enough

Why don't you incorporate a large peice of the companies name into the center then do your names aroudn the outsides...id acctually tell them that is your plan if they'll agree to let you paint it, im sure that would help you more cause they'll think oh wow free advertising why not and youll think wow huge open canvas for only me that wont be buffed until a new company comes along in a few years...

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 05:12 PM
or do pieces at a skatepark they legal for me dont know bout u but they will get buffed if they suck shit or have profanity in it

Nyc Sno
03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
i was getting my hair cut and i had put under my finger nails and he was like so u do some graffiti i guess and me sounding sarcastic said i dont know what ur talking about and we both knew i was bullshittin and hes like how long u been doing it im like a couple year and hes like u good and im like yea and hes like can i see an example me being skeptic asked for what and he said the wall on the side of the buisness is kinda oring and he wanted to gie it some life so me and a couple people did a mural on his buisness and now we get free hair cuts whenever we want

obseen
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
thats a cool story

FUTUERS FWBCREW
03-21-2006, 05:45 PM
thats dope yo and getting a leagl wall in your town would be sick yo

koper
03-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I've never done it, however i have given a considerable amount of thought to it, and talked to some people who work for the city, and advised me of some different strategies.

Try this:

Find a building in an excellent location, somewhere in the city that is known for being trendy. Those are the places where: [a] The business owners will be most likely to conform, and [b] There is already likely a concentration of graffiti there.
The trick is to find a business which is really badly vandalised. Like a place that people just keep hitting up, and the business keeps removing, over and over. Then you walk in there, talk to the owner about how much he/she spends on graffiti removal. Then tell them you could make it so that they wouldn't ever havbe to pay for those expenses again, and that you can help advertise for them. This will probably be enough to convince a surprising amount of owners.
Then you proceed to talk out the details, see what they want done, and try to strike a compromise so you still have a ton of creative control. You can even probably squeeze the cost of paint supplies, and possibly even your time out of the owner.

Or if your really crazy just go find a business with a spot you like, keep vandalising it after they remove it. Then walk in and do the same to them. :blink:

koper
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Nyc Sno@Mar 21 2006, 05:38 PM
i was getting my hair cut and i had put under my finger nails and he was like so u do some graffiti i guess and me sounding sarcastic said i dont know what ur talking about and we both knew i was bullshittin and hes like how long u been doing it im like a couple year and hes like u good and im like yea and hes like can i see an example me being skeptic asked for what and he said the wall on the side of the buisness is kinda oring and he wanted to gie it some life so me and a couple people did a mural on his buisness and now we get free hair cuts whenever we want
nice, lets see the wall. I'm a skeptic.

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
thats pretty kick ass, people here are old and crazy, like i hit up a cable box and some old fuck was bitchin at me, i hate people who care unless they cops because how does fuckin graffiti affect them unless u tag any of there property

tha boy in da corner
03-21-2006, 07:49 PM
get a place where the walls outside the buildings and tell em having some beautiful work on it will keep bombers away...
but you shoul do sumthin like puttin props or sumthin for the one who bombed it before so he dont get pissed and cross you...
never did it but that's how i'll do it if i had to

kill
03-21-2006, 11:48 PM
ask owners of places that are heavily vandalized
like mentioned before

`~SNEK~'
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by FWBMeth@Mar 21 2006, 06:46 PM
thats pretty kick ass, people here are old and crazy, like i hit up a cable box and some old fuck was bitchin at me, i hate people who care unless they cops because how does fuckin graffiti affect them unless u tag any of there property
haha... ill stomp on cartmans bitch ass... ***** like 3 feet... and if you gon talk shit... you actually battle me here... so go suck a dick or battle...

FWBMeth
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
wtf r u talking bout how the fuck amm i dissin u. ur messed up unless u got readin problems :blink:

FWBMeth
03-22-2006, 04:27 PM
and why dont u go suck that sesame fags dick u bitch

`~SNEK~'
03-22-2006, 05:24 PM
haha... ur fucking illeterate ^^^ youre like bi polar...

FWBMeth
03-22-2006, 05:25 PM
and you're fucked up u started this beef for no fuckin reason

`~SNEK~'
03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by FWBMeth@Mar 21 2006, 04:56 PM
i dont kmean go bomb and then ask u -----dumb ass----- i mean just bomb

and dont diss cartman -----he kick yo ass anyday----
fuck you yo... FK, RTM, KTS, AND 5 SIX WILL BLAST YOUR ASS ANY DAY....

FWBMeth
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
yeh im scared now :huh:

`~SNEK~'
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
haha... i really dont give a fuck if you are or you arent.. id still burn you...

FWBMeth
03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
pm ur msn and ill show u some my shit

tha boy in da corner
03-22-2006, 06:27 PM
wow fwbyou'Re post whoring it hardcore!

Sier
03-23-2006, 04:12 PM
legals are pretty much gay. thats all i have to say

`~SNEK~'
03-23-2006, 05:14 PM
not only are they gay, so was my fucking day.
i hate my school
its so uncool
then i put some shit on a tray

epik!
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
show the businesses what would in there eyes be art...not like the common styles you see today...like show him something unstereotypedgraffiti like...and fwb you start stuff with everyone

kill
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
legals are for the OGs

sikes1
03-24-2006, 04:53 AM
Ok first off, get a really good sketch, do some mad shading and colors too. Show the owner and tell them you are trying to get into Commercial Art. That's the key there you see, Commercial Art is like doing a business logo and them paying you for it. Like your favorite radio station art. Someone did that, and they got paid to do it. Although you're just painting it for free to get the cred.

Just be friendly and really understanding.

If they say no, who cares there are probably more businesses around anyways.

Hope that helps somewhat ;)

minor crimes
03-24-2006, 07:16 AM
ask some hardware store if they you can and if htey let u ask if u can have a discount off the paint that that store sells so u can get it cheaper so u can actually use it on that mural.

neer
03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
luckily in atl theres a place called little 5 points

theyres walls and walls and tunnels and tunnels of legal spacee

well its not legal but the pigs dont really care

shyone
03-24-2006, 10:57 AM
5 points is closing

everhull
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM
well i usually just bomb walls and hope not to get caught and like people have said go to jams and if you good enough then yer but ask garages they usually let you they let alot of people round this area.

WESTFRESNO-SLENG-VORTEX!
03-24-2006, 11:28 PM
theres this ghetto ass gym in my hood called ''J N' R boxing.''they're cool and shit so they wont rat you out to the cops plus since i'm well known he doesn't charge
me and my homies, unlike those shitty wanabe mobbers ass toys!!

WESTFRESNO-SLENG-VORTEX!
03-24-2006, 11:30 PM
theres this ghetto ass gym in my hood called ''J N' R boxing.''they're cool and shit so they wont rat you out to the cops plus since i'm well known he doesn't charge
me and my homies, unlike those shitty wanabe mobber ass toys!!

WESTFRESNO-SLENG-VORTEX!
03-24-2006, 11:32 PM
shit that came out twice sorry!

Dens_One
03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
I think this pratty much says it all...
http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legals0uc.png

westsida
03-25-2006, 02:43 PM
lol

unknown?
03-25-2006, 03:46 PM
were i live i am in a 10 min walk 2 a legal wall down dere every weekend ! lol

SPINage
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the tips. do you guys suggest requesting a personal meeting with the manager of the business or the owner of the building or randomly walking into the place and asking to talk to the manager right there?

dharrison
04-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Bring them a ton of your sketches and a few concepts for their walls. Maybe, just maybe they'll let you throw up a mural.

x{parkour}x
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
asking a bussiness to paint on their property can be kinda risky, if there dicks when you ask them and they say no they could report you to the pigs as a graff writer

Fazed
01-25-2008, 06:36 PM
ask tattoo places.

j-f
01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
go in their with an idea drawn already on paper
incorporate their business, ensure them that their business is a focal point of the mural and your art is just their to complement it
I dont know about your city but some community centers in my city have these urban art programs that develop local artists and bring them out to graffiti hit areas and paint murals
if you could somehow get in contact with a local community centre or school and see if they want let you represent them then that would help you alot because these are credible places and there would be more trust in u.

Rots takes your Daughters
01-25-2008, 08:44 PM
San Diego has Writerz Blok. It's sort of famous in the socal. Cats come from all over to do prodos there, and they'll let you paint but kick you out if you go over dope cats with whack shit. They even give you buff, and give free DJing/graf lessons. THEN we HAD Logan heights. It was all commish, you could paint Logan anytime you wanted in the business district (Where all the wearhouses and stores are), but you had to get permission from the owner of whatever shop you were painting. There was this guy, who was loaded, and paid all the shops and businesses in Logan to let writers hit them. So the whole part of town was covered in Murals and burners. But the mayor got into some scandals and had to make it look like he was doing something..SOOOO he BUFFED all the legal grad in Logan. ....but not the illegal graf in Logan.

pearson
01-25-2008, 10:01 PM
were i live i am in a 10 min walk 2 a legal wall down dere every weekend ! lol

Me too, that's awesome. Taking your sweet time to do a piece + having good tagging spots between your house and the legal wall + no (or extremely rare) beef = Nice

Spyte
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
independent skate shops would most likely let you bomb on their walls. lots of them around seattle are cool with it as long as your shit doesnt suck.

HRbN
04-06-2008, 09:04 PM
me and my boy did a 4 by 8 peice that went inside the front entrance of a bar. It says T's Bar and Grill in some bubble letters with a 4 color fade. and bricks behind it. It was awhile ago so its not our best work but its tight cause like hundreds of people see it everyday and its got both our names in the upper corners. We go ripped off money wize but its free advertizing for us too... Here it is, its a shitty pic to and it barely even counts as graff but none the less

http://a228.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/39/l_9399ab45aa7dc9ec11a0a11e755d8213.jpg

We get alotta good comments on it, most of which from people who know jack shit bout graff but who cares

CROSS EM OUT AND PUT A K
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
i dont know why someone would want that in their bar

HRbN
04-06-2008, 09:10 PM
dont hate. He came to us bout it so we did the shit real quick like and got it in there. All he said was use alotta color and make it readable by everyone. cause he had a big ass section of grey boring wall

[phenom5]
04-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the tips. do you guys suggest requesting a personal meeting with the manager of the business or the owner of the building or randomly walking into the place and asking to talk to the manager right there?
What did you guys do to get the legal wall downtown?

Allthegoodnamesaretaken
04-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Get fake legal papers, Wait for a day when the stores are closed like sunday or wtv and just do it.
If cops roll up, be like "Sir do you think we'd paint in daytime? We're not looking to get arrested this is all legal look we got papers to prove it'
make sure its closed so that they cant really ask the business owner. If anything happens just bounce, no biggie.
It shouldn't take more then 2-3hours if you know how to paint anyways.

0523jk
05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
化学清洗是采用化学药剂和一定的工艺手段对工业设备清整化粪池 (http://www.bjjjjgd.cn/qzhfc.htm)、管道容器等进行除油疏通菜池 (http://www.bjjjjgd.cn/stcc.htm)、除锈除垢、除焦碳等清洗过程。疏通地漏 (http://www.bjjjjgd.cn/stdl.htm)中拓管清洗工程公司从事油田注水管网的化学清洗、精馏塔除焦炭清洗、疏通下水道 (http://www.bjjjjgd.cn/stxsd.htm)长输管线油改气化学清洗、工业设备开车前清洗等多种化学清洗项目,并研制出H2S抑制 剂、多功能缓蚀剂、WQ两相型原油清洗剂等清洗产品,能够针对不同的设备上下水改造 (http://www.bjjjjgd.cn/sxsgz.htm)、管道制定相应的技术施工方案,达到最好的清洗效果。

SEE (NY)
05-30-2008, 01:09 AM
if you want to do shit liek that, prolly best doing skate parks and and things like that. but dont expect money. why would oyu want to anyway?

seb
05-30-2008, 06:49 AM
how dyou get paid for it?

1nsane
06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Usually councils are looking for people to spray skateparks if u know it is going to be sprayed takke ur black book (or a fake one if u wanna lie low) and show the guy spraying the park and ask if u can help OR if said skatepark is a pile of shit and in dire need of some life say something to the mayor (or some guy on the council) along the lines of hey the skatepark looks terrrible i think it would be a good idea for it to be resprayed and me and my friends will be willing to do it" give him a sample of ur work and wait for a response

hammer_time
06-06-2008, 10:13 AM
or you could just go do it...

Hobbes
06-06-2008, 11:32 PM
would it be unwise to put your illegal name on a legal wall? I mean maybe just a tag outside the piece, 'cause hey its mad cool to have ups like that, in addition to illegal tags like 'hey i'mma paint it whether I got permission or not' but its not cool if you get in trouble for painting your illegal name legally. I guess you could maybe make sure the store owner "knows" you don't do illegal graph and maybe have him sign something.

bountyhunter113
06-06-2008, 11:55 PM
anyone know how many legal walls there are in Chicago and where they at?

(SoS)Viruz
06-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Corner Stores Bro. Like Down here if you good Enough they'll let you do a piece. I even got to do a nice Throwie. Which allot of Crew saw. So just ask around.

lolumad?
06-07-2008, 04:21 PM
skate shops, indie clothing stores,indie hair salons, indie music stores, indie coffe shops, anywhere in an "entertainment district". (basically anything indie)

nero112
06-07-2008, 04:42 PM
something said to me by a member on the site a while back was fuck up the corner store with tags n shit then a few days later say 'we noticed your store has been vandalized me n my friends can do a piece on it n in graffiti theres an unwritten code that you cant go over pieces(theyll buy it )((how ever gay it sounds)) n then say we can do it for ex amount of money heres some of our work ' n works quite well

LoneWolf
07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Best way man,
make a portfolio of some of your piecing and go towards them with a straight clean mug.
tell them how it can benefit them,
Neighborhood artists wont damage their wall if theirs murals on it, it grabs the local attention, tell them u will promote their business along with your piece.
I noticed auto mechanics love havin graff on their shit

Waze
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
show them a sketch?

~~>ANTIK<~~
07-11-2008, 01:11 AM
here's a good idea i heard from a friend who has actually done this and it worked. Just go start doing the wall illegally, its best to choose a day when the store isnt open like saturday or sunday. Write a fake note from the store owner saying that u have permission to spray the wall and that he wanted it done when he wasnt there so he can come back and it would be a surprise. If a stupid nosy person walks by and asks wut u r doing jus simply ask " come on now, do u honestly think we would be doing illegal graff in the middle of the day?" if dey wanna get even more nosy show them ur little fake note and ask them to not call the police because it would just b a huge hastle for no reason. IF the cops show up give them ur note, usually they will just give u a weird look and say ok. If they wanna have proof from the store owner usually they will go back in there car and try to find a phone number to call him. wait till he gets on the phone or gets in his car to call or wuteva he gunna do and RUN LIKE HELL!!!!! my frend has done this 3 times all of which have been succesful

AEROSOL_FEEN
07-11-2008, 02:38 AM
here its pretty easy to get people to let you paint their walls...
just look for someones wall thats all tagged up and tell them you can make a nice piece or mural on it...
they will most likely let you do it for free but maybe if you shit is dope enough they might actually pay you...
also, try to show them pics of past legal works you've done to persuade them more

TMR
07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
just ask...show previous work, consult your city if there are any laws against it (in the US there will probably be in the downtown or business areas or even residential areas)...
in chicago.
if they (grafitti-blasters) find any tags they will cover it or buff it out.
idk of any legal sopts yet.
:/

raven6
07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
If you go to a town you have never painted before and put up a "Muralist looking for work" add in the paper you can get jobs pretty quick.

hammer_time
08-01-2008, 01:07 PM
in chicago.
if they (grafitti-blasters) find any tags they will cover it or buff it out.
idk of any legal sopts yet.
:/

you obviously havent lived in the chi for too long, there is a legal on every blcok in some areas...

Cesk
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I've done like 5 legals, and all I do is look for houses that have a wall that's full of tags and throwies and ask them if they'd let me do a piece in their wall and show them the piece that I'll do. Noone ever said no, so that works.

06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/3/5/633718921826657510-epicfail.jpg

bigdic
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
the real question is

why would you want to paint a legal wall

JayAyDubZed
06-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Alot of people have respect for graffiti thats big, colorful and detailed and looks like it takes alot of skill. So show em what your gonna paint and act like a nice little graffer.

BEDAROC
06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
build a wall around the wall you wanna paint and arm yourself.anyone comin up to the wall to tell you no shoot them in the head.thats how you get a legal wall and keep it.ive done this twice and it works.

lilbmxking
06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
ive always wanted to do a legal wall.. and not use my illegal name

my friends would always say "no they wont let you because they will blame the other towns graffiti on you".. shouldent matter

i want to do one so i can have like a huge canvas and all the time i want
i want to start asking but im not sure where to go

im pretty sure its like kids walking around to sell girl scout cookies

massacreman
06-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I wrote a letter to the town board, and within two months my wall whas there.
:D

KidReny!
06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
really, wow idk if there any legal walls in my home city or in the city im in right now what the letter say?

massacreman
06-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Just that i got arrested but that i want to continue my hobby on a legal way

dim
06-30-2009, 10:28 AM
what you do is one night you bomb the shit out of a store then the next day go to the store owner and tell them you have a way to get rid of the graffiti problem by putting up a mural then the "graffiti kids" wont paint over the mural out of respect as long as its a graffiti mural that is. if that doesnt work you cna always sell your soul to the devil im sure he can help

Asyd
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
where i live alot of the towns have skate parks that were put there by the local government and if you go into the town office and find out who is in control of it and ask their permission usually they will let you bomb the shit out of the skate park... also towns have been known to allow writers to go at the courts and do shit on the ground to cover up the ugly squiggles people do... if you take sketches of work you'd like to put up some towns will let you do it if it will look nice on like public restrooms just as long as they know it isnt crime related and is more artsy that someones shitty handstyle thats already their...

Sect10
08-16-2009, 03:38 PM
If u need to ask ur probly not good enough. Lol no but for real its just asking permission. My boy owns a studio we rocked that joint in and out. Also a lot of bars that host Dj events and shit, bring em some flicks or a blackbook u would be suprised who will let u paint their shit these days. . . .

ShankinHank
08-19-2009, 01:51 AM
the best way to get a legal wall is:
quit wasting your time posting on message boards
quit painting graffiti and jeopardizing your future
study hard
get a good job
purchase commercial property
resume graffiti

funhouseXcast
10-10-2009, 01:21 PM
the best way to get a legal wall is:
quit wasting your time posting on message boards
quit painting graffiti and jeopardizing your future
study hard
get a good job
purchase commercial property
resume graffiti

bump

goonzatwork
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
the best places to scope out for legal walls that I've found to be succsessful are the likes of:

Tattoo Shops, Head Shops, Skate Shops, Music Shops/Studios
another good idea is if you have anyone that owns a buisiness that your pretty closely affiliated with(family, freinds, etc), sometimes that works out nicely. Another safe bet I've done before if you find a building with a lot of graff that isnt buffed a bit higher quality shit it wouldnt hurt to ask somone there. Dosen't always work out, but if you go about things the correct way usually things will come out decent and to your liking

west-dmk
10-11-2009, 09:54 AM
ive never done a legal wall, but if i were to do one i would show the owner a sketch and convince them that it would atract more customers because the building would be more appealing

L33ch
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
How do i gat a legal wall. Im tierd of the fuckin Cops.

rone
10-14-2009, 08:19 PM
heres a thought. why dont u ask them.

my.favorite.addiction
10-16-2009, 01:14 AM
I tried so fucking hard to get one in my city,
I sent letters to the most publicly outspoken council member for murals an pro graff shit,asking what would be needed to get one an he pretty much said "I dont give a shit an am going to now evade the question like a bitch" an proceeded to ignore me.

these muthafuckers want graff to go away but they arent willing to put in any effort but throwing the homies in juvi or jail//

408Bomber
10-16-2009, 02:01 AM
thats pretty kick ass, people here are old and crazy, like i hit up a cable box and some old fuck was bitchin at me, i hate people who care unless they cops because how does fuckin graffiti affect them unless u tag any of there propertyBrings down finacial value of that area.

OOPS!
10-16-2009, 02:23 AM
My family's tax dollars pay for the removal just as much as the next family's.. People are fucking stupid.. they need to learn to mind their own business. One day one of these old arrogant motherfuckers is gonna yell at the wrong guy and get fucked up..

my.favorite.addiction
10-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Are taxes are paying for Blackwater mercenaries anyways so who gives a fuck about some painting//

thedudeman
10-17-2009, 01:32 AM
one tip is you should be an older cat.. it will probably be impossible for you 12-13 year olds to get a legal unless you kno the person or youre very talented.. what person is gunna let some little kid go tag up their wall?? if your older they have more trust in you and see that your actually serious about your art career..

KEPTWO
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
you guys have any tips on painting in peoples room cause this girl wants me to paint in her room what should i do for the smell of paint?
pm me orr just put it on here thankss

ribcage
06-14-2011, 10:35 PM
hmmmm your gonna paint her walls with semen huh? well i suggest just lighting an incense or acigarette afterwords and youll be fine

skinaone
06-14-2011, 10:42 PM
my job is paionting rooms
i use mtn 94 smells delitful
ironlak is ok make sure you use a fan or the AC is on max
open a window
DONT USE INK for details cause they smell like SHIT
dont fill with cans use buckets of paint

beenefupe
06-15-2011, 07:42 AM
glowarticles (http://glowarticles.com/acura-2.html)

toopski
06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
haha tbh either ask around

ask ppl who have done it or what not sometimes hard if ur not well known

or ask the owner ez as that they say no kk bye, they say yes kk paint it

sheistbugzNY
07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
checking craigslist is always good also. If you're anywhere near queens there are a lot of legal walls along the 7 line with a lot of visibility from the train. On 59th st and roosevelt ave theres a ladder to a rooftop above Peters Locksmith(next to the church) that you can tag up and the owner doesn't care, so it wont get buffed out, just painted over by someone else.

zachatnca
05-01-2012, 02:57 AM
i hate legal grafitti, i think a major element of graffiti is the illegalness of it. like banksy said "if graffiti was legal it wouldn't change anything." i dont think any business owner in there right mind would let you bomb there building you would probably have to pay them haha. the first and only time i did a legal piece it was on a huge wall on someones roof. 2 weeks later it was written over by some prick that somehow got up on his roof. fuck legal graf

kwu
05-03-2012, 07:44 PM
^ illegalness? hahah well.. first off quoting banksy on graffiti automatically makes you a faggot. secondly.. a business owner obviously wouldn't permit bombing... the idea behind legal walls is to benefit both the writers and the business owners. And your "legal Piece" must have been shitty enough for it to get disrespected.. and obviously if you got up there other writers could too.

zachatnca
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
^ illegalness? hahah well.. first off quoting banksy on graffiti automatically makes you a faggot. secondly.. a business owner obviously wouldn't permit bombing... the idea behind legal walls is to benefit both the writers and the business owners. And your "legal Piece" must have been shitty enough for it to get disrespected.. and obviously if you got up there other writers could too.

no i got up there because i knew someone who lived there. apparently another artist did too. I'm not going to argue whether my piece was shitty or not. i simply stated my opinion on legal graffiti

kwu
05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
Good, we both agree that it was shit LOL but on the real, legal walls would fall under the same systematic category as blackbooking, canvas piecing, and gallery shows, which all allow writers to showcase their skill on a next level, and just because they're legal doesnt make em any less graffiti. Some of my favorite writers who destroyed our city when they were younger now do collaborative legals with kats from others cities in our downtown and its some of the best shit this city's ever seen, and its there to stay because it's a legal wall. So ye, get your head outa banksy's ass practice your shit and maybe your "legal piece" might run for longer than two weeks.

Vergz
05-05-2012, 04:12 AM
If you want to do sum legal burners you have to find a house or business that already have pieces on it.Those are the people that will most likely let you bomb there shit.You don't want to bomb someones shit that's been rocking for a couple weeks.The best thing is to bomb the shit that's had a piece that been rocking for a min.They will most likely let you go over that person piece.In make sure you have written permission to paint whoever wall your gonna be painting.That will come in handy if the nazi roll up.Plus if you want to could keep the written permission for future legals walls.There are mad legal wall on every block where i live.More people are into graff artist painting there wall with burners instead gang related tags in toys.

subcyde
05-06-2012, 11:55 PM
bring a ladder to a high legal wall it lessens the chance of someone fucking it up and take alot of time doing it

CANADIANA
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
the best legal walls are ones that arent open to just anyone...but just certain writers or crews. my town has two legals that anyone can paint and then theres a few businesses that offer legals but you have to show them what your doing before you start painting.