PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous "terry Stop"

Nyc Sno
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM
** i did not search so stfu if u already seen it

i recommend everyone to read this

It is reasonable and legal for a cop to approach you and ask you questions. Cops on patrol and beat cops (cops walking a foot path) can stop you in what’s called a “terry stop.” Cops do these sorts of stop when someone “looks funny” (reasonable suspicion) – if you swerve when you drive or look out of place in some way when on foot (yes, some times this involves discrimination) the cop can stop you.

HOW TO DEAL WITH A TERRY STOP:

Part 1: Questioning and interrogation.

During a terry stop the cop can ask you anything he wants such as:

“Where are you going?”
“Where are you coming from?”
“Where do you work?”
“What school do you go to?”

Even if the cop seems friendly or like he’s making idle chat he’s not. He’s actually interrogating you and it’s something they are trained to do. By asking these and other questions the cop is hoping that you’ll slip up and volunteer some sort of information which he can further use to question and ultimately build reasonable suspicion.

For instance, if you tell the cop that you’ve just came from a party at a friend’s apartment not only have you opened yourself up to further questioning (“How much did you have to drink at your friend’s party?”) you’ve also just implemented other people.

Other lines of questioning may assist the cop in running a background check on you. Again – if you have warrants out for your arrest or prior convictions on your record this will bring the cop closer to cuffing you and hauling you off.

You can not be arrested simply for not identifying yourself – but IF the cop is able to establish reasonable suspicion that you’ve committed a crime (you’re drunk, there is fresh vandalism nearby, etc) he can haul you in and hold you until you’ve been identified and possibly charged.

It’s best to simply provide the cop with your name and address (verbally). You do not have to produce any ID (unless you were stopped while driving) or give the cop other information such as your social security number.

More on what to say to a cop below.

Part 2: Searches.

During a terry stop the cop may only search your person (pat you down, frisk you) if he feels that you may pose a threat to him. This search is ONLY on the outside of your clothes supposed to be for weapons. For instance, the cop can pat you down and “feel” an object in your pocket, but unless it feels like the barrel of a gun or the handle of a knife he cannot empty your pockets. He’s not even allowed to remove items from your pockets that do not feel like weapons. (Course, this is a moot point – obviously if the cop “feels drugs” or whatever he’s going to pull them out and charge you – but it will stand up in court that the cop did not have reasonable suspicion to search your FOR drugs and your lawyer can pressure the judge to throw the case out.)

If you’re calm, polite and appear to have your senses about you the cop isn’t not constitutionally allowed to search you.

NEVER submit to any search from a police officer. Sometimes when you’ve been pulled over in your car or are stopped on the street the cops will ask, “May I search your car,” or “Would you submit to a search?” No matter how innocent or drug and weapon free you might be, ALWAYS decline a cop search. The cop may become hostile. He may something like, “What have you got to hide?” Stick by your guns and don’t let him wear you down into submitting to a search (they will try several times to talk you into it.)

Trust me – if the cop has even the slightest reason (probable cause) to search you HE WILL. If he asks to search first it’s because he’s trying to get you to relinquish your rights in the hopes that he will find something with which to incriminate you with. When they ask, that means they have nothing to go on. Asking to search you is their last straw at finding some reason to arrest you.

Part 3: Exercise your rights.

During a terry stop a cop cannot detain you for more than a reasonable amount of time for him to establish suspicion of a crime.

Obviously the circumstances weigh heavily on what is a reasonable amount of time. For instance if you’re at the scene of a shooting or some other serious crime then it’s reasonable for the police to hold you until they are able to ascertain that you had nothing to do with the crime. In this case the balance of suspicion falls in their favor. If you’re just walking down the street, minding your own business a cop has a much smaller window of time in which to stop and talk to you before allowing you to move on.

Be polite. Be firm.

If you are approached by a cop and asked to identify yourself, state very firmly, but politely that you are in a hurry and do not have time to talk with them. If he persists in wanting you identify yourself then comply by showing him your id or telling him your name and address (your not required to produce ID unless driving a car).

If he tries to ask you questions (such as where you’re going, etc) reiterate that you are in a hurry and do not have time to speak with him. Say, “I’m sorry officer, but I really must be on my way.”

If the cop tries to keep interacting with you (asking questions, sizing you up) ask him if you are under arrest. Asking a cop if you’re under arrest is the MOST legitimate question you can ask the cop. It’s your right to know what your “status” is when interacting with the police and they are required to inform you. (This is why they announce when they are placing you under arrest and read you your Miranda rights.)

The cop may come back with some question or comment of his own like, “Do you think I should arrest you,” or, “How would you like me to arrest you?” Ignore his comments and ask again, “Officer you did not answer my question: Am I under arrest?”

The cop will have to admit that you are not in fact under arrest – this is when you ask the cop if you’re free to go. Continue to ignore the cop’s questions and ask if you’re free to go until he eases up and agrees that you’re free to go.

It’s also effective to ask the cop if he has observed you doing anything wrong. If he admits that he didn’t see you break any laws then you’re free to go.

Ultimately interacting with cops is about defending your rights. So many people never know how to address cops and wind up incriminating themselves and others.

FWIW, don’t be cocky and say something like, “I know my rights!” Trust me – the cop is going to know your rights way better than you will (he’s trained to nullify your rights) and you’ll just piss him off.

The cop isn’t required to let you know your rights until you are placed under arrest (This is when you’re read your Miranda rights and told that anything you say can and will be used against you.) By knowing exactly what you’re required to say to the cop as he’s doing his “terry stop” you can better defend your rights.

A cop is always less likely (and able) to mess with those people who exercise their rights when interacting with them. If the cop sees that you’re not a push over and that you’re just trying to look after your rights (rather than be standoffish) he’ll let you go on your way.

The ACLU has more information about interacting with cops here:
http://www.csuchico.edu/pot/bustcard.html

FuLa
03-21-2006, 06:13 PM
too much read...basically everyone must understand this:

a cop stops you.

ask him if he's detaining you and that you don't consent to any searches because you believe in your right to privacy(if he tries to search you in any way) IF he asks questions that might incriminate you in any way shape or form& threatens you in anyway, DON"T ANSWER THEM, ask for a lawyer, the cops' playing tricks on your ass...NEVER admit to drinking even if it was only one beer, DON't!...

I don't even know what I wrote cause i'm tired as hell beyotches...but use common sence.

BRAINE
03-21-2006, 06:17 PM
good contribution, sno.

Nyc Sno
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
thanks
its a good read and helped me out a couple imes

Puffer
03-21-2006, 06:20 PM
interesting..its good to no

Paint Magic
03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
nice

JETc17
03-21-2006, 06:22 PM
thanks, its all really good to know

FuLa
03-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by FuLa@Mar 21 2006, 06:13 PM
too much read...basically everyone must understand this:

a cop stops you.

ask him if he's detaining you and that you don't consent to any searches because you believe in your right to privacy(if he tries to search you in any way) IF he asks questions that might incriminate you in any way shape or form& threatens you in anyway, DON"T ANSWER THEM, ask for a lawyer, the cops' playing tricks on your ass...NEVER admit to drinking even if it was only one beer, DON't!...

I don't even know what I wrote cause i'm tired as hell beyotches...but use common sence.
Oh yeah...AND if the cop actually HAS something against you (a traffic violation, gun and blood in your hands, victim 3 feet away, etc.)
DON"T LET IT GO ANY FURTHER...let them charge you for what he stopped you, NOTHING ELSE, if they're arresting you, let them arrest you and SHUT YOUR MOUTH, don't talk to anybody unless its your name or you have a lawyer..

most cops WILL try to do pile as much shit on your ass....go on YouTube and search for "flex your rights" that's some good shit in there..

bla!
03-21-2006, 06:39 PM
no this is an usefull thread. thanks for that info.

FWBMeth
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
haha my names Terry

manrz
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
well said

koper
03-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Nyc Sno@Mar 21 2006, 06:07 PM
Ultimately interacting with cops is about defending your rights. So many people never know how to address cops and wind up incriminating themselves and others.
That quote seriously sums it up well

Very good article. Everyone should read this, STICKY THIS!

>x]
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
nice info...but did you sit here an type this or copy paste? :blink:

tha boy in da corner
03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
''Remember officers' badge & patrol card numbers''
i can't remember these shits and i've gave it a try as hard as i can...
(i had the opportunity to try it on the field a few times)

damn weed...<_<

*edit*

oh yeah and please specify the fuckin place you&#39;re from cuz if ur in australia and im in ougandha... it&#39;s useless
;) thank you

Lil Joka From 401
03-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Hey thanks much bro, that helped me alot. i wish i kne this stuff earlier when i got stopped by a pig 2day. but o well i guess i kno now, thanks

***PEACE***

gun runner
03-21-2006, 07:01 PM
didn&#39;t read anything after the first post but the first time i got pinched we ditched the spot, and i was walking back to my car about an hour later. two beat cops come out of an alley, see the paint on my hands and arrest me on probably cause. once im cuffed and waiting for a cruiser the cops pull my blackbook and a couple of my markers (that were in my car) out of their bag. keep in mind im still about a half kilometre away from my car, so theres no way they could&#39;ve legally gotten them. start asking me about the blackbook, flipping through the sketches and telling me how they were gonna bring me down for anything that even resembled one of my sketches. i ask them how they got them, and they say "you left your doors unlocked, we&#39;re legally allowed to search your car". i humour them a bit and ask them questions like "i thought you needed a warrant or an arrest for that?" and of course they come back with "well, we already got our arrest, you didn&#39;t notice the handcuffs?". add this on to the fact they never read me my rights upon arrest, and those cops fucked up royally. showed up at my court date for mischief under 5000, told the judge about the flawed arrest and illegal search, and the case was thrown out within 5 minutes.

just thought i&#39;d throw that out there...ahh and another piece of information that comes in handy...police officers are legally required to answer with either a yes or a no if you ask whether or not their cops. i dont know how cops on stings get around it, but if some guy on the street comes up to you and says "you know where i can buy drugs?", if he is an undercover all you have to do is ask and they legally have to tell you.

What Happened to the Letters?
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
he copy pasted

screw_loose
03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
close.

i had to say it.

tha boy in da corner
03-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by screw_loose@Mar 21 2006, 07:27 PM
close.

i had to say it.
:lol: you like saying this screw dont you?

FLA BOMBA
03-21-2006, 07:37 PM
thanks for the advice.

SpLiTbomber
03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
definatly sum good advice

screw=close whore

chas
03-21-2006, 07:42 PM
good to know everyone should no this

BullshitTantrum
03-21-2006, 07:48 PM
depending on what state your in if a cop wants to search your car he can. in ny state its legal for a cop to search your car without a warrant and telling them no will only give the cop probable cause.

BRAINE
03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SpLiTbomber@Mar 21 2006, 07:39 PM

screw=close whore
hahahaha. word

chas
03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by BullshitTantrum@Mar 21 2006, 07:48 PM
depending on what state your in if a cop wants to search your car he can. in ny state its legal for a cop to search your car without a warrant and telling them no will only give the cop probable cause.
what state do you live in?

HevyD
03-21-2006, 08:32 PM
if you are detained and are being interrogated in the station should you just not answer any questions at all?

chas
03-21-2006, 08:34 PM
it is best to remain silent remember anything you do or say will be used against in the court of law ive memorized the meranda rights.....

MacDreRIP11104
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
if your in a car and a cop pulls you over.... dont stop... burn rubber down the block they wont catch you if you can drive.

Aer
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by MacDreRIP11104@Mar 21 2006, 08:58 PM
if your in a car and a cop pulls you over.... dont stop... burn rubber down the block they wont catch you if you can drive.
Good advice dumbass.

chas
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
LMAO

screw_loose
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by BRAINE+Mar 21 2006, 08:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BRAINE @ Mar 21 2006, 08:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SpLiTbomber@Mar 21 2006, 07:39 PM

screw=close whore
hahahaha. word [/b][/quote]
story of my life.

\(SIN)/
03-21-2006, 11:47 PM
imagine how many topics would be closed if screw loose was a mod? nothin against you though, there is some really stupid topics lately.....

good topic though, never been stopped by a cop except for skateboarding, but thanks though cause it could happen

manrz
03-22-2006, 12:09 AM
i know that thats gonna do me well one of these days

screw_loose
03-22-2006, 12:27 AM
i wouldn&#39;t close them. i would just delete them.

\(SIN)/
03-22-2006, 12:41 AM
you know what i mean though, and if so, why dont you say *Delete* instead of *Close* ?

Nyc Sno
03-22-2006, 05:09 PM
bump its good fro people to read

screw_loose
03-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by &#092;(SIN)/@Mar 22 2006, 12:41 AM
you know what i mean though, and if so, why dont you say *Delete* instead of *Close* ?
delete.

tha boy in da corner
03-22-2006, 06:33 PM
in the news they were saying that cop cars airbag system has been modified beacause ppl getting pulled over can pu theyr car in reverse (probably more like suv or bi ass american cars) ans slam right into theyre front bumpers so the airbags pop open&#33;:lol:
it&#39;s not really useful since they have your plate number but if you have like 10pounds of coke in the trunk... its better to get charged with the cop car smashing then bail thing than to get charged with the whole drug thing&#33;

cL1.
12-08-2006, 12:34 PM
nah
my sister-in-law was training 2 be a cop and she told me that a cop cant frisk you just for the fuck of it

if they do, you can ask them why, but dont ask too many question&#39;s or they&#39;ll think your nervouse about something

kila
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Thanks, i am defintley going to need and use this info one day............................................... .

kila
12-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks, for this information. i never new about this terry stop. i will defintley use this information in the NEAR future. Thnks

AT AT
12-08-2006, 07:36 PM
search please

Fits
12-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Does that apply in Canada too?
cuz the laws in the states compared to Canada are different

-kosr-
12-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Good read, know about all of it already though. The laws are basicaly the same in canada, theres a thread for a canadian version, the first post is similar in size to a book.

NosE2
12-08-2006, 09:40 PM
just a few weeks ago, i was riding around with some people in my crew, and we werelooking for somewhere to paint. we all had bookbags full of paint ok. so were driving and we happen to be on a college campus, and we see a cop behind us. one of my friends has 6 unrelated warrants, so any sign of police he books on occasion. so we decide to pullover on a sidestreet and get out and actlike were walking. well of course right when we get out theres a college party (im assuming thats why the cops are there) so we start to head back to the car, and my friend ran. we get in the car, and my dumbass friend reverses into a oneway, because the 2 cop cars in the middle of the street had us blocked in. as soonas we get away, lights flash and we get pulled over. all of us were drunk, and there was a bottle of vodka in the backseat. so we hid the bottle, and the cop just fined my friend for a violation, and thats it..we just showd respect and acted like there was nothing wrong.

sorry for being so long, but yeah just be polite and firm and they wont be assholes.

T_R_O_N
12-08-2006, 10:42 PM
dont say your nervous...that just leads to futher suspision.

acidconceptone
12-12-2006, 04:07 PM
got arrested for asking if i was under arrest..... so :( but ya kno ur rights and kno how to deal with cops they are people too (sometimes)

ShIfTeD
12-12-2006, 04:13 PM
bla bla bla...rights rights rights

okay so he finds a can of paint...stickers...and a marker and an ounce of dro on you

you go to court

its your word against the cop...and who do you think the judge is gonna believe?

if he didnt have probable cuase to search you....then he can just make up a lie

Slushi
12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Respect tha police.

NyLa
12-13-2006, 08:22 AM
great post sno. i only wish the police in my area new my rights, cuz they do whatever they want. i&#39;ve been locked up more than bobby brown, and those damn court appointed lawyers don&#39;t do shit.

vidorone
12-13-2006, 09:14 AM
dose this apply in the uk or just the us or what ..?

snap_pxc
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Man all i know is if i&#39;m goin bombin, and i see the popo and they tell me to come talk to them, I&#39;m outie
if they pop u for painting they often trace all the graffiti u&#39;ve done back to u
I know of a guy who got popped for 10 half faces and got some shit like a 2 year sentence.
I see cops I&#39;m gone

Exit-
12-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks a lot, some good stuff to know.

i aint buffin
12-13-2006, 09:13 PM
ok u all should read this

police wont question u for nothing at late nights un less these 3 resons
1-if you are out with 3 or more people =suspition of gangs
2-if you dress wierd or suspisiously like..wearing a dorag massive baggy clothing and carring baggag or been out on curfue -just be smart and wear something casual
3-if you are in a abnormal areas or some one has called 911 or reported you-or a crime has happend in a area-or loitering

Best thgings to say when cops do ask you questions at a terry stop

1-be polite&#33;&#33;
2- first thing to ask him -- HELLO officer How may i help you? --
3-if he askes what are u doing/where are u going/what are u doing out at this time
just simply say this--``im in a hurry going somewhere``-- and if the cop is like where somewhere just simply say--``i would rather not say``--then most likly the cop will ask u some GAAY SHIT question like -- ARE U BEEN A SMARTASS TO ME /WHY dont u want to tell me are you scared something bad will happen?--reject his question with your own question by saying this politly--- Officer. are u detaining me or am i free to go? --
because its your legal right to know if you are been arrested or free to go-- if he says NO inSTANTLY ask WHY in a confused manner--LOL HE HAS TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION-- and if he further harrases you (like)--whats in your pockets--dont answer that question if ur life depends on it...--- he has no reason to frisk u if he dident have any suspition of drugs or wepons that is the only time when there are actually leagal to sarch you only in suppion of drugs or wepons... and if the cop hasent fucked off yet jesus crist man you realy need to stop wearing dorags and G-uint shirts and long tees..------------------------- &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; NUMBER ONE REASONE WHAT WILL SAVE A BOMBA....--if the cop askes u whats in your bag dont answer that question....NEVER EVER ANSWER THAT QUESTION--right away reject his question with one of your own -- OFFICER I KNOW THIS IS YOUR JOB AND ALL BUT I REAL HAVE TO GO IM IN A HURRY....say that in a anctious manner..then after that ask him if i am free to go NOW&#33;.... like your impatiant.. and if he askes to search your bag tell him i do not consist of any searches....then the officer will most likly say have a good night.. beacuse he knows that you know your own rights and thats a good thing

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHEN A COP IS QUESTIONing YOU NEVER EVER LOOK DOWN because it will make them think that you are lieing

i tested this in real life
and i watched this vidio clip called FLEX YOUR RIGHTS almost 1 billion times untill i remebized it word to word.

RustyBurrito
12-16-2006, 04:32 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=85...lex+your+rights (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8520847761350501823&q=flex+your+rights)

There&#39;s the link to the video. Go to 22:00 in the video for a graffiti related one&#33;

tha boy in da corner
12-16-2006, 05:14 PM
hahahahahahahaha i just love how the cop put on his hat...

*edit* alright i let go my hate against cops... :lol:

gotmiak
12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Sno are you from chico?

reivax
12-19-2006, 02:35 AM
I hope the tips work out good.

noam12
12-20-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks lol whenever cops call me over im usally a smart ass, but becasue of u i have a reason for it now ^_^

kill
12-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Nyc Sno@Mar 21 2006, 06:07 PM
but unless it feels like the barrel of a gun or the handle of a knife he cannot empty your pockets.
so if got a marker in ya pocket he can say dat its a barrel of a gun

Z FUSE
12-21-2006, 03:08 AM
hmm prolly he culd make up some shit like that yea..then he can search you and all that..fuck magn they should teach this shit in school&#33;

Bruce_1nR
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Ok, my parents are 5-0 and I asked my mom about this shit....it comes down to this....FUCK THIS BULLSHIT, the POLICE WILL MAKE SHIT UP IF THEY WANT

All this bullshit about, "I do not consent to a search" dosent mean shit, the cop will simply write (in his report) that he had a reasonable suspicion to search.

faime
12-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bruce_1nR@Dec 21 2006, 12:06 PM
Ok, my parents are 5-0 and I asked my mom about this shit....it comes down to this....FUCK THIS BULLSHIT, the POLICE WILL MAKE SHIT UP IF THEY WANT

All this bullshit about, "I do not consent to a search" dosent mean shit, the cop will simply write (in his report) that he had a reasonable suspicion to search.
dat tru dey said ah bee in possesion of ganja ,paint and tools of vandalism

an he didnt evn seach me

Fits
12-30-2006, 11:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What&#33; can u spell that again, this time in fucking english

TURF
06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
good info..but thas true/messed up how they make stuff up jus to search you..

all the cops in my city are assholes so I'm screwed

EgoZen
07-01-2008, 01:51 AM
By us a cop must identify himself too with yes or no...
That`s always nice when you meet new writers ("writers") to
ask if they are cops and say to them if they are cops they must identify
themselves...

Rambooboo
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
wat would happen after that would the arrest you under suspiscion but yeah i had a run n with the skool cop hate that pig remember if you are a minor the cops have to have parents consent and or a lawyer for them to question you i shot myself in the foot this past year because i did not no my rights and com service sucked wakin up at 6 on saturday for 3 hours a day five saturdays in a row were not fun

HRbN
07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
uh ohhh there a new girl on here..... turf meet the BS Assholes haha im sure one of them will speak with you soon. haha

WoeInfinite
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
uh ohhh there a new girl on here..... turf meet the BS Assholes haha im sure one of them will speak with you soon. haha

haha, why do they always scare the girls away..i havent seen salo or jackjill in here in FOREVERR

illadelph
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What! can u spell that again, this time in fucking english

WORD!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?! LEARN HOW TO READ,WRITE AND COUNT.....THEN COME AND SEE US....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! IF CAS U DON UNASTEN DAT MEN YU BETA LRN 2 REED N RIT MKAYE KILLA DOG HOMES YO FAM G MONEY CUZ BLOOD GANGSTAH.....

unreal180
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
is it the same hear in england?
coz last friday me and ma boy was on our way 2 scope out a spot for later in the night
and we was walking through the tunnel and i was taking a pic on ma fone of some shit and hr pedle police came by on there bikes and fort we was bombing it
then he asked us wer we was going and wat we was gonner do
then he asked 2 see inside ma bag and it had ma black book in there and shit loads of beer
he didnt do anyfing but was he aloud 2 look in ma bag?

TRITE
07-31-2008, 05:20 PM
yo so heres a thought i had during a late night session, if your out bombin and u feel the heat comin down on u, couldnt you just ditch all your caps?? that way if the pigs come and grab you they got nothing to say even if they do find your cans, cuz when they turn all your shit insideout they wont find any caps, nothin to spray with no crime right?? just a thought, could be totally wrong, lemme know what u think

unreal180
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
i got told u can carry cans wid the tops still on
so if it was wid gold or any other paint that dont use tops then probs yeah

TRITE
07-31-2008, 05:33 PM
^ thats what im sayin man i mean worse comes to worse and you do catch a case for that shit, u can just tell the judge "dude there were no caps on me, how i could i be sprayin shit" just say u found the cans or something, i mean fuckers get off on technicalities with the fuzz all the time, so how they gunna pin some tags or throws on u if u aint even got the caps to spray em right? i mean at the very least itd keep them fuckers from disrespectin u or ur shit wit ur own goddamn paint or sumthin, cuz we all know fuckin cops are fucked up like that

Hobbes
08-01-2008, 10:30 PM
idea...

say you have your brand new cans in your bag, once you pull one out to use it, keep it in your belt, and then use it up and rid it. If you get stopped, the paint in your bag they find will be unused.

Of course the problem with this is getting caught with the paint and if they decide to arrest you anyhow and you didn't ditch the used can in your belt, they'll find that.

But hey, it'd work to your advantage in a lot of situations.

Thats if your using a bag, you should learn to conceal 3 cans on yourself at least which is good for bombing, just suck your stomach in.

AnteUp
08-02-2008, 01:43 AM
so if a cop persists to ask you questions. can you just say, "i'm in a hurry" and leave? or will it be like fleeing from a cop or something?

diggy64
08-19-2008, 01:07 PM
so if a cop persists to ask you questions. can you just say, "i'm in a hurry" and leave? or will it be like fleeing from a cop or something?

They have the option to detain you or not at that point (or they can claim later that he was keeping you there just under friendly banter). If he/she choose to detain you they must have a reason to do so (which many others have mentioned is very discretionary for the officer).

Ask him what he wants, answer his/her questions, then ask if you can leave now. Best bet. Or just change the subject to something less obtrusive like the Yankees and shit (shifts the focus away from you and makes them feel like you're a good person). Don't ask for badge numbers, ask what did I do wrong, ask how long on the force, salary, etc. - it makes them uncomfortable. Tell em you need to volunteer in the morning and you have to get going.

rone
03-09-2010, 11:14 PM
"flex your rights"

Jenkins.
03-10-2010, 01:43 AM
The only thing i care about is how much lawyers cost and all the stress that comes along with that aspect.
And never miss a failure to appear, seems obvious enough.
But in some situations you might run for awhile.
It is almost impossible to get granted bail once you have a failure to appear, trust me..

rush2
03-10-2010, 10:24 AM
ahhh
lawyer bills suck

unbannable
04-05-2010, 01:27 AM
keep in mind this is for the united states and will differ slightly from country to country.

so if you are not in the U.S dont assume you dont have to tell me your name unless you look it up and are sure.

also, i ma in toronto canada and woudl like to see one of these for canada (to lazy to google)

p.s go leafs go

CanalSt
05-01-2010, 07:23 PM
This is what happened the other day when I snuck out of my house. I wasn't wearing nothing abnormal, just a light hoodie. Cop comes up. He said what is your name? Officer I have to go. What is your name? Blah blah.OK were do you live? Sorry officer I have to go. Son, what is your adress? Blahblah. Where were you before? Officer I have to go. Go where? Officer, am I under arrest? He looked at me like arghhh and said no. Officer have you seen me do anything illegal? No, I can't say I have. Good, because I haven't. Am I free to go officer? Yes, and he just walked away pissed because he probably could fill his monthly quota or something lol.

I Learned all this from NYC sno's post... You dont even have to read the whole thread just this part

zachatnca
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
ive taken law classes on my free time just to learn my rights. it's saved me at least 25 trips to the precinct, its amazing how cops disregard a lot of your rights.