PDA

View Full Version : What Separates The Toys From The Veterans

SFC
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
would like to know

zeepaintor
09-19-2006, 08:53 AM
a veteran is like a legend and a toy is a noob. i hope u realise what your asking and why no one has bothered to respond to your thread.

toy = 15 , 16 year old brand new person who scrawls there wack ass ugly tagg on my crews shit and thinks we arent going to find them.
vet = someone whos been in the game X ammount of time and has been a proven writer and someone who will excell in an area of graff.
be it mural based work shows and events or magazine production etc etc...

a toy has no understanding of what he's doing and doesnt really paint for the love of the game.

in my opinion the diffrence between a toy and vet is that a vet sees a future in graff where as a toy doesnt even know why he's tagging in the first place HAHAHAHA...
now that you know this CLOSE.

Lemon
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Veterans are good, toys aren't.

nerdx
09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
toys are people that are part of the "Still Free Crew" stright out the video game.
legends are people that have put time into it and have rediculous amount of ups and
usually a very distincive style.

TesT_NV
09-19-2006, 01:28 PM
lol jokes wit the SFC screen name and the relivance wit the topic

T R E O
09-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Toys=Repping SFC mark eckos crew.AW3S0M3.
Toys are new into graff.Have no understanding why we do it.Why its even around and have been around for decades.Toys have bad handstyles,judgements,lack of understanding.Though there is still potential in them.
Why?Because they will be keeping the generation alive.
How?By practicing everyday.On blackbooks,yards,etc.
Who?The older guys.Bigger people.King shit in the city.Veterans.
But there just fucking toys.They cant do shit.No,got it wrong.How can you be putting them down over and over again.They just need CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.YOU and I were toys.Maybe still are.Who knows.Sure the older guys are assholes,but if you have the heart to keep going,then go for it.You cant come into the forums thinking your king shit.No.Theres always someone better than you.No one is the BEST.This is just a subculture.That everyone has their own point of views.

Veterans=Person that has been in the game for a while.Sees or has experienced for themselves the UPS and DOWNS of the subculture.Has learned different techniques and used those to grow to be the person/writer/piecer/bomber who they are now.Veterans are not the best.There is no best.Veterans know multiple people,and has gained there respect.They are people you can look up to and one day wanting to be as big,famous,as good as they are.Take for example SABER AWR MSK.He was a toy at first.But look at him now.His LA river piece is the largest in the world.He has crazy pieces.
How did he get that good?Practice.Years of it.Has motivated him to keep on going.Loves and respects the game.Gained a lot of peoples respect,yet he has his non-fans(like JAONE).
Veterans are good,but are always improving there style.

Yet again,these are my point of views coming from me.Everyony has there own.I am young myself.I consider myself not a toy nor veteran.Im just another guy trying to get his shit done and up.
$0.02

T_R_O_N
09-19-2006, 06:05 PM
simply put a toy is anyone starting off in graff, no one is the fucking neo of Graffiti, everyone starts somewhere, whether it be from grass roots or someone teaching you along the way. A veteran is someone who really has IMO made somewhat of a name for themself, knows the game, knows their history (it sickens me that some writers in dc dont know who the fuck cool disco dan is, but i digress),and also respects their elders(Graff-wise) (another problem with me, i may be a toy but when i see some toy ass shit over someone thats a vet, it once again sickens me).

FLA BOMBA
09-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Toy: Somebody that does graff just they can feel, and look tough to there friends. Kids that go to the yard and paint every singel car, possibly going over established or vetran writers, and every single weight,and serial number on the car. All in weak stupid block letter handstyles. They mainly start beef out of jealousy and anomosity. Have sections of forums dedicated to there topics.

Vetran: Has been in the game for 8 years plus. Knows about every trick in the book when it comes to doing effects in pieces. Has painted hunderds or even thousands of freights or walls.

ShIfTeD
09-19-2006, 08:16 PM
toys will be kids that first start off, get a magnum and put up their crappy tag, they have horrible letter structure, but yet they go and paint over other peoples work that have rep....a kid who isnt loyal to graffiti, and is more known for gangbanging then writing

a vet is not necisarily someone who has been doing it for ever..but someone who has a good understanding for graffiti, letter structure etc.

a vet will not often go to random spots where other work is, because they know it will be crossed out by toys

KaL1
09-19-2006, 08:17 PM
edit

SFC
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by nerdx@Sep 19 2006, 10:51 AM
toys are people that are part of the "Still Free Crew" stright out the video game.
legends are people that have put time into it and have rediculous amount of ups and

fuck u my name is the only thing i can think my real name is taken bitch

-kosr-
09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Thats great to hear Mark, now can we get a close?

snail
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
The reason people don't 'go easy' on toys is to weed out the bullshit.

If people encouraged every little shitty kid that wanted to get into graff, there'd be nothing left of graffiti. The kids that can't take the punishment of getting their stuff shat on by other people are too weak to be doing graff at all. It's just part of the process.

"if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch."

by the way: just because your art sucks, doesnt mean you're a toy. it just means you suck. toy is a state of mind. Although, 99.9% of people who have shitty art are toys.

In the same idea, just because your art is good, doesnt mean you're NOT a toy.

coke831
09-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by SFC+Sep 20 2006, 05:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SFC @ Sep 20 2006, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nerdx@Sep 19 2006, 10:51 AM

fuck u my name is the only thing i can think my real name is taken bitch [/b][/quote]
look it doesnt matter if youre name was taken youre still a dumbass for thinking it would be cool to make youre name sfc

Special_K
09-21-2006, 06:18 AM
There are 2 kinds of toys, the ones that are just in it for the ego boost and wanna look good for their friends. Then theres the ones that are starting out and are actually trying to learn, improve thier skills and gain the respect of fellow writers.
I was like that only a few years ago and by the standards of most writers i would probably fall only a little above a toy.
Vets are guys who&#39;ve been writing for a while and have learned all they can about graff and payed their dues. A good writer will encourage guys who are starting out and will help them out, after all who&#39;s gonna take over after we get to old to bomb anymore? Im almost 17 and I started about 4-5 years ago and although i wish life could keep going on like this it can&#39;t. Sure i won&#39;t stop writing entirely but after this the daily shit adults need to deal w/ is gonna keep me from going out as often as id like, so bottom line is we need toys to keep trying and eventually they&#39;ll be at our level.
Graff isn&#39;t about hating toys or beefing w/ fellow writers. Its just about putting you&#39;re art up and just uniting as writers.

ShIfTeD
09-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by coke831+Sep 20 2006, 11:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (coke831 @ Sep 20 2006, 11:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SFC@Sep 20 2006, 05:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-nerdx@Sep 19 2006, 10:51 AM

look it doesnt matter if youre name was taken youre still a dumbass for thinking it would be cool to make youre name sfc [/b][/quote]
wow, what a fucking looser&#33; who wrrites sfc, noone i know, just little bitches like sfc here

quit writing sfc..if i saw your work id cross that shit out and go right over it

MicoDOK
09-21-2006, 09:35 AM
As a toy you just made your first mistake. And as toy a toy that&#39;s your job. Toys are the dudes who haven&#39;t gotten an understanding for their tools, or developed a style YET. There are more than one level of toyhood. There&#39;s the "first wallers" who put up the ugly shit that people cant stand. Then there&#39;s the "comin uppers". That&#39;s when your style tends to try to come out, but you&#39;re not good enought with your tools, and cant put what&#39;s in your head out there YET. A vet is someone who knows their tools, their styles, and the scene. They go over toys, that&#39;s how it works. There&#39;s always a progression, and in some cases there&#39;s a change of name. In your case that&#39;s probably a good idea. If you&#39;re really trying to get into this life you gotta respect it. Using a video game name is about as bad as you can get. A slap in the face of graffiti ARTISTS if you will. So draw, paint in your backyard, and learn. CHANGE YOUR NAME though man... You&#39;ll get gone over if you&#39;re writing that even if you don&#39;t suck, which i&#39;m assuming you probably7 do at this point. Stick with it, learn, and observe.. -Me

The Prophet
09-21-2006, 11:15 AM
hell yeah snail. true that, i know alot of people that just suck, but they got heart for what they throw up. they dont just do it to brag about it those are the real toys no matter how good they are if u ask me. ;)

SFC
09-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by ShIfTeD+Sep 21 2006, 06:55 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShIfTeD @ Sep 21 2006, 06:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by coke831@Sep 20 2006, 11:32 PM

look it doesnt matter if youre name was taken youre still a dumbass for thinking it would be cool to make youre name sfc
wow, what a fucking looser&#33; who wrrites sfc, noone i know, just little bitches like sfc here

quit writing sfc..if i saw your work id cross that shit out and go right over it [/b][/quote]

i fuckin said thats not my name and this is for OPINIONS
yall need to talk to the dude whos name is trane
and quit thinking yall are tough shit just cus yall are ranked higher
i dont spend my whole time on the computer like yall punks
im out writing

DISP DA<
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
than lets see your shit,If it says SFC im gonna laugh my ass off.

-kosr-
09-21-2006, 08:41 PM
"Fuck all you toys&#33; Me and my boy cope two are going out, Im gonna get some mad Still Free Crew ups while you losers post on the internet"

:lol: toys never learn.

Tade
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Veterans are the writers who new kids look up to for inspiration and ideas. the whole "Toy" thing is stupid. graffiti will always progress, and get more complex, and more intricate. Seen, cope2, delta, t-kid 170, blade, saber, ewok 5mh, cycle, mare 139, daim... all were new to graff at one point. they just got up, and got their names seen by everyone. everyone starts out as a newbie though. ragging on new graff writers isnt gonna help graffiti progress. it&#39;ll only discourage new kids from practicing and getting their shit up.

*570 Ambush
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
toys are the ones that see awsome hands and dont understand it or why its good, or why a sweet throwie is good, and dont know can controle and go around writin over good peices to get there names out and dont think they wont get found, and tells everyone what they do, and writes there tag on there arm at school so everyone can see and think its cool (i know this cuz in my area people are actually starting and doing this). a vet is basicly the oppisite-can controle-they know whos better-they conceal themselves to everyone but graffiti writer(and maybe there girl)

CoKKeYONe
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Special_K@Sep 21 2006, 05:18 AM
There are 2 kinds of toys, the ones that are just in it for the ego boost and wanna look good for their friends. Then theres the ones that are starting out and are actually trying to learn, improve thier skills and gain the respect of fellow writers.
I was like that only a few years ago and by the standards of most writers i would probably fall only a little above a toy.
Vets are guys who&#39;ve been writing for a while and have learned all they can about graff and payed their dues. A good writer will encourage guys who are starting out and will help them out, after all who&#39;s gonna take over after we get to old to bomb anymore?
Graff isn&#39;t about hating toys or beefing w/ fellow writers. Its just about putting you&#39;re art up and just uniting as writers.
i&#39;m down with you

there are kids in my town about 10-11 yrs old, they write STILL FREE, GHETTO, GANG, MAFIA and other shit like that. I fuckin played getting up but i never wrote
still free or something similar. Then they go over
every piece and tag (they went over my friends piece). I&#39;m just wondering why they have no respect for others???
When i started i wanted to learn more and more and i asked couple of vets
for advices. Today it&#39;s all about beefing :angry:

westce
11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
alot of the shit that "pioneered" graff in the 70s was wack toy stuff

-testify-
11-27-2006, 06:48 PM
shityness

St Mikal
11-27-2006, 10:44 PM
toys:
- demonstrate a very basic level of creativity and ability to visualize their letters
-usually want to rock a name that sounds ill or mean something.
-try to make their style more complex than necessary
-think better tools make a better writer
-have a very basic style that has not gone thru the evolution of time.
-have styles or throw letters highly infulenced/copied off their favorite writers (Sice?)
-have generic looking shit

vets:
-have a high level of creativity and visualized images
-make meaningless letters seem bigger than life/have personality
-have appropriate level of complexity to their styles
-can write equally well with any tool they have at their disposal
-have multiple stlyes, conversions and different styles for different places/locations
-have an evolved style (multiple refinement) (VFR)
-have a unique look/stlye

CaNs
11-28-2006, 12:24 AM
well i feel like there are different ways in which to be a toy. as far as my skills go i would consider my self a toy, but as far as my knowledge and morals and up&#39;s i would not consider myself a toy, also my handstyle isn&#39;t that bad, but i think that handstyle is the least important part of graff.

CaNs
11-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by SFC+Sep 21 2006, 05:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SFC @ Sep 21 2006, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ShIfTeD@Sep 21 2006, 06:55 AM

Originally posted by coke831@Sep 20 2006, 11:32 PM

quit writing sfc..if i saw your work id cross that shit out and go right over it

i fuckin said thats not my name and this is for OPINIONS
yall need to talk to the dude whos name is trane
and quit thinking yall are tough shit just cus yall are ranked higher
i dont spend my whole time on the computer like yall punks
im out writing [/b][/quote]
ohhh strike&#33; one of the key marks of a toy is the overuse of slang. i hate it when people do that, goddamit everyone who does that STOP&#33; I CAN&#39;T UNDERSTAND YOU&#33;

explosivo_420
11-28-2006, 12:30 AM
"MASE" (1979) (THE ORIGINAL NY GANGSTA GRAFFITI WRITER) showed me a magazine of his from way back in the day talking about can control.

"CAN CONTROL SEPERATES THE MEN FROM THE BOYS, TRUE SOLDIERS FROM THE TOYS"

Grigory Rasputin
11-28-2006, 07:43 PM

Excalibur
11-28-2006, 07:45 PM
yep yep, that&#39;s how you start, and if, if, you become a legend, that&#39;s what people are gonna look for, your origins

cwazy
11-29-2006, 07:15 PM
there something i dont understand
if you dont tag but fraffiti respect other righter and that your letter structure and can control is not that bad and if you just started your not a toy?

Klone
11-29-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by cwazy@Nov 29 2006, 07:15 PM
there something i dont understand
if you dont tag but fraffiti respect other righter and that your letter structure and can control is not that bad and if you just started your not a toy?
what? :blink:

nitemare
12-08-2006, 01:37 AM
A TOY--&#62;PLAIN AND SIMPLE A WACK ASS WRITER(MOSTLY JUST BEGAN)..DOESNT UNDERSTAND WAT GETTIN&#39; UP REALLY MEANS(AND I AIN&#39;T TALKIN BOUT DA GAME)

A VET--&#62;SUM1 WHOSE BEEN IN THE GAME 4 A WHILE..BEEN CAUGHT UP.

A KING--&#62;SIMULAR LIKE A VET. BUT ALSO IS MASTER AT ALL FORMS(TAGS, HITUPS,PEICES).AND LOTS OF THEM (AND OF COURSE BILLBOARDS)

&#092;/&#092;/&#092;/&#092;/&#092;/&#092;~--&#62;ME IM A VET. U KNO BEEN IN THE GAME BOUT 4YRS AND STILL DONT PLAN ON STOPPIN<------------

RemoZ
12-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I see my Skill at a TOy level but i see my knowledge and Respect at a High level. I&#39;m not really into doing Murals at all.(lack of skill is to blame :) ) I&#39;m more of a bomber than anything so other than getting my name up people will always see me as a toy in the way you guys put it.

nitemare
12-10-2006, 11:30 PM
hey ur getting it...boming is just toy level and nothing but

so good luck

minor crimes
12-11-2006, 04:01 AM
toy = toy

veteran = veteran

Socrates
12-11-2006, 04:39 AM
this thread is sooo stupidd

u4ia one
12-11-2006, 12:38 PM
hmmm toys are ones with no style, kids using others names [non original in all aspects]. toys make the mecca look disgusting toys think they are fresh when in acuallity they have no letter structure. toys get written over. then come back now a days with bravado like they are worth something. if i see some one that is shit i instinctivly think they are a tweenie starting out yet thats not always true. u can be writing for 15 years with a peanut throw and some wack straight style, up all over and in my eyes u are still a toy.15 yrs and no evolution of style.give it up.

i have been at it for 14 yrs many name changes and a a organic off the dome style yet i not sure am a vet im a writer
:ph34r:

why am i posting this response its so TOY&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

canowoopass
12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
what are thee ranks ?? and hwo do u guys get on the side of a bridge and own the gov

nitemare
12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
theres only really 2 ranks toys and kings (veteran is basically u been in da game and all that shit)

yea how do u get da bridges

westce
12-12-2006, 11:34 PM
^^ you dont

rayraytoast
05-10-2007, 09:24 PM
a toy is some1 who doesn&#39;t even know wut toy means. if u do but nothin else.... ur only oy.

<SMK>
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by canowoopass@Dec 11 2006, 07:06 PM
what are thee ranks ?? and hwo do u guys get on the side of a bridge and own the gov
You gotta use a rope and shimy down...In my eyes i see a toy as being some one that dosent go out and try ti hit shit up you can have a shity peice, bomb tag whatever but get off on bilboards and all that fun shit but if you dont have any evolution after about 4 years GIVE IT UP :ph34r: :ph34r:

war terror
05-11-2007, 03:08 PM
its basically this...

toys THINK their the shit

vets KNOW their the shit

war terror
05-11-2007, 03:32 PM
dub post

Aska.
05-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by nitemare@Dec 12 2006, 04:41 PM
theres only really 2 ranks toys and kings (veteran is basically u been in da game and all that shit)

yea how do u get da bridges
you sound like such a tool.

writer
05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
DOUBLE POSTING :@

writer
05-16-2007, 08:08 AM
DOUBLE POSTER WAR TERROR

YEAH I AM A TOY BUT I WANT TO LEARN IT I AM MEBAY A NOOB THATS HOW WE ALL START I DONT TAG CHURCHES OR OTHER SHIT THAT ARE FUCKT UP BUT I TRY AND TRY AND I WILL GET BETTER THATS HOW IT IS

acidconceptone
05-16-2007, 01:22 PM
you come one here calling somone on a doubble post and then do the same thing? trying to get the post count up are we?

anon df-mb
05-17-2007, 01:04 PM
in my opinion i dont care if the persons style is good or cheap as long as the guy has mad heart and goes out eveeryday hes got my respect.but if i had to say what separates vets from toys is letters,color and style.

SpLiTbomber
05-19-2007, 02:06 PM
color has nothing to do with your skill

when all else is broken down its your style and general knowledge of graffiti. you can have the illsest style, but if u dont know anything about graffit in general, may it be past or present history, or street knowledge of the art, or if ur a stricktly pencil and paper artist... you can beh labled as toy

eulo-partylenin
05-20-2007, 02:47 AM
ok you know what toys are just people who arent that good at tagging like me im toy but i dont do it to be cool or anything i do it cuz its fun and its theripudic

tense
06-11-2007, 11:53 PM
theres only 2 types of writers, KINGS AND TOYS, if ur not a king ur a toy, its not a insult, its just u need too practice ALOT inorder to become a king.

Sick!
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM
SFC aint shit its from a fake game that marc ekco put real legends and shit into it
People who play it think they legends just cuz they beat the mutha fuckin "game" even tho they are major toy and ddont have they own style and probably bite off of seen and them

bountyhunter113
06-12-2007, 08:52 PM
yea,being a veteran jus mean u been in the game for real long time, dont necessarily mean ur really good

Sick!
06-12-2007, 09:00 PM
bounty where u from in chi town? im goin in two weeks close to july 4th....

Rogue
06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Well this kind of thing is up for debate.

What is a toy exactly. I mean, I know people who can sketch insane drawing on paper, but almost never tough a can. Are they not toys since they don't paint? Just because you can sketch well means nothing, it all matters how good you are in the streets.

Look at Cope2. His bombs are easy to do, nice and easy, but he is still a legend. Why? If you look in the toys forum, people who do simples are still called toys, but is this only because of the small number of ups they have?

You are only a toy if all you do is sketch, and never get up. Don't take this the wrong way though, I mean if your shit is terrible, stick to sketching. But if you can do really nice simples, you can go out and paint. A true legend is only formed by numbers, style isn't everything, but it still matters.

Tagger101
06-12-2007, 09:18 PM
it aint only toy and king
toy is someone with no style or knowledge whatso ever
if he does his reaserch and practice he can be a graff artist
king is someone (nomatter how much style) gotten up and is known
through out the fckn world
to many people usin the word toy in to many wrong senses

soul_731
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
a veteran is like a legend and a toy is a noob. i hope u realise what your asking and why no one has bothered to respond to your thread.

toy = 15 , 16 year old brand new person who scrawls there wack ass ugly tagg on my crews shit and thinks we arent going to find them.
vet = someone whos been in the game X ammount of time and has been a proven writer and someone who will excell in an area of graff.

a toy has no understanding of what he's doing and doesnt really paint for the love of the game.

in my opinion the diffrence between a toy and vet is that a vet sees a future in graff where as a toy doesnt even know why he's tagging in the first place HAHAHAHA...

Ok, so lets say I figure out what its all about.. and I still suck... Still a toy?

That's why I don't agree with you. I know why I spend my entire pay checks on paint, I know why I practice every day trying to get my own damn style. I'm still a toy, and a pretty damn shitty one, but I know why I'm doing it and I think that oughta earn me a little respect.

Not every toy doesn't understand, Not every toy is doing it cause "it's pretty."

tense
06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
im doing it cause i love seeing my tags around, gives me a sense of accomplishment, like i just did something that ive been told all my life not to do but i did it anyways and i got away with it.

mai87142002
06-10-2008, 11:33 PM
may i offer my opinion i understand the rankings and the reasons why.
but i love graffiti so much and all the kings, knights and toys with the love of the art. but i would like to be seen as a student because no matter how long i have been doing what i love. i always want to learn more and there is so much to learn.

graffiti is my religon.:D

desokidd
06-10-2008, 11:55 PM
toys are people who tag over other people shit.
toys have no flow in their hand syle.
toys have shitty throwies.
toys are new to the game.
toys need more work.
veterans have flow in their hand style.
veterans have a good throw.
veterans know how to respect others.
veterans know the game.

Olick
06-11-2008, 12:56 AM
toys are named trane

basically ur a toy until a vet tells u ur not a toy.

simple.

sham->
06-14-2008, 12:18 AM
toys=people who make shit tags, pieces, whatever and know it's shitty, and make excuses for why it's not good. just acknowledging that your work is garbage shows you can't prove shit or hold up your name.

veterans=in my opinion shouldn't be compared to toys. veteran really means experienced. they could be writing crap all the time and have enough bombs up to be called a veteran, while a great writer can be considered a king, but has been writing not long enough to be called a veteran.

youngprophecy
06-14-2008, 12:46 AM
toys=people who make shit tags, pieces, whatever and know it's shitty, and make excuses for why it's not good. just acknowledging that your work is garbage shows you can't prove shit or hold up your name.

veterans=in my opinion shouldn't be compared to toys. veteran really means experienced. they could be writing crap all the time and have enough bombs up to be called a veteran, while a great writer can be considered a king, but has been writing not long enough to be called a veteran.

i agree but a toy can work and improve to where hes a king or veteran and they can show signs of improving

hammer_time
06-14-2008, 12:59 AM
this should be moved to general discussion

@youngprophecy

so you live in jackson michigan, and write diaz, if your name is on this account or the email registered to this account thats pretty close to enough for a warrant....

youngprophecy
06-14-2008, 01:01 AM
i was just thinking that to

sham->
06-14-2008, 12:59 PM
agreed!

the change to general discussion

had to move up the page to realize this was still in tools n tips

unreal180
06-15-2008, 09:13 AM
i bin wrighting for about 6/8 months
my stlye is improeing like everyday
im a toy unlike half the people on this site i can admit that
but i have respect i no what im doing and i dont make myself out 2 be anyfing im not
any help on getting better?

HRbN
06-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Practice Practice Practice and more practice

hammer_time
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Practice Practice Practice and more practice

its all you really can do, you can have everyone in the world tell you how to move your hand, but it takes practice to actually do it, and as much time as you put in trying to understand HOW to do it, you could have figured it out on your own...

may the straight lines be with you.

Tokenkaligreens
06-18-2008, 04:35 PM
skill is equal to the amount of effort put in. As simple as that, you only get what you put into it. LOL Im stoned I hope that makes sense.

HRbN
06-18-2008, 05:46 PM
nah thats very true to. If you spend the time on a peice to go back and do all the right cut backs and clean the shit up then its gunna look way better had you just finished it and been done.

Why is this still in tools and tips? where da mod at?

~Star~
06-18-2008, 06:17 PM
everyones saying toys go over established writers work.... i am a toy , been writing for less than a year, have about 5 throw-ups, which i think are decent and other people think are wack :P and a shitload of tags i did with window writers, sharpies, and homeade mops, yeah compared to a majority of this forum, my shit is crazy wack, im a straight up TOYYYYY, but i dont go over other established writers tags, i have respect for graffiti, and i love it, don't do it to be "bad-ass", i do it because it's well... fun?

HRbN
06-18-2008, 06:26 PM
I think the real difference lies in someones attitude like displayed above. Im still very much toy. I know this. But i have a deep respect for the graff of others and the streets themsleves. I know whats up, and i know the game. But im not throwin down bad as crazy shit.... yet.

So while many of us are still toy or toyish. Its the person that makes the difference. And the toys that share my attitude and love for the game are the ones who will be the next big writers, we may not be yet but we on some next generation shit hah cause i need a generation to improve my shit! lol The ego trippin idiots are the ones who wont progress or will just give up and quit in a year

Thats my 2 pesos anyway

~Star~
06-18-2008, 06:29 PM
I think the real difference lies in someones attitude like displayed above. Im still very much toy. I know this. But i have a deep respect for the graff of others and the streets themsleves. I know whats up, and i know the game. But im not throwin down bad as crazy shit.... yet.

So while many of us are still toy or toyish. Its the person that makes the difference. And the toys that share my attitude and love for the game are the ones who will be the next big writers, we may not be yet but we on some next generation shit hah cause i need a generation to improve my shit! lol The ego trippin idiots are the ones who wont progress or will just give up and quit in a year

Thats my 2 pesos anyway

When you say "I think the real difference lies in someones attitude like displayed above." is that an insult or a good thing? sorry i'm relatively SLOW

hammer_time
06-18-2008, 08:02 PM
both

RezOner..
06-18-2008, 08:19 PM
lolz volcom

Backalley Abortion Doctor
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
About eight years. I really think, somehow, your intelligence comes into play in graffiti. It seems like I never see drooling idiots with talent. Most established writers:

a) have been writing several years (Most worth looking at, at least 7. With the exception of Die.)
b) don't speak out of their ass about sibjects they have no knowledge of. (Meaning anything at all, not graf-related)
c) Have a sense of humor.
d) Speak their mind.
e) break the mold of typical graffiti ideals.
f) don't run around spouting "Graffiti should be legal! Marijuana makes you graf better! Fuck whitey! Graffiti is ART just like everything else"-
g) realise arrows are unecessary at best.
h) Won't have to read anything I've written here.

Slushi
06-18-2008, 08:46 PM
"Graffiti should be legal! Marijuana makes you graf better! Fuck whitey! Graffiti is ART just like everything else"-
I lol'd

hammer_time
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
About eight years. I really think, somehow, your intelligence comes into play in graffiti. It seems like I never see drooling idiots with talent. Most established writers:

a) have been writing several years (Most worth looking at, at least 7. With the exception of Die.)
b) don't speak out of their ass about sibjects they have no knowledge of. (Meaning anything at all, not graf-related)
c) Have a sense of humor.
d) Speak their mind.
e) break the mold of typical graffiti ideals.
f) don't run around spouting "Graffiti should be legal! Marijuana makes you graf better! Fuck whitey! Graffiti is ART just like everything else"-
g) realise arrows are unecessary at best.
h) Won't have to read anything I've written here.

Very Nice
cheers to you....

but there are unfortunatly a lot of idiots who have skill
see; cope2

Backalley Abortion Doctor
06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Cope's a prime example. if you're a retard, you end up overweight with 20 years of no improvment, a name you jocked from someone else, and a throwup you got from someome else.

Be weary, kids.

Baron
06-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Having your own style and mastering/perfecting and actually getting up and being active to me, makes you a veteran

BTA-Click
06-27-2008, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=*570 Ambush;603591]and tells everyone what they do, QUOTE]
i dunno bout that dude, i know some pretty dope writers that tell everyone what they do, its just cuz there not afraid to get caught.

kroc_oner
07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
imo theres to versions of toy a experienced toy who is steadily progressing style isnt bad but not sick yet who has respect gets up doesnt go over people better then them knows history has a original ish name and then theres toys who dont take crits suck have bad styles get up but barely with sharpies cant paint and have no can control

MEH2
07-01-2008, 01:16 PM

best explanation ive ever heard..

RAWKET
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
i would say time in the game.............the first 3 years odds are you'll be toy with improving skills ......the next 3-7 years youll start getting a few props and should be breaking through the toy persona ...(alot take advantage of this time to destroy the city and become local kings) after about 10 years of activeness and traveling you will start to get more notoriety and respect from out of towners ....and possibly sell a canvas or two......after 11 years of actively painting you should have mastered your style or have enough styles to earn your respect ....art show offers will slowly start coming your way..
after 12 years in the game....you should find the best toy your city has to offer and fuel his passion for graffiti art and hopefully his passion for running around and painting on everything in sight will rekindle your love for vandalism -RAWKET

saucy
07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
i would say time in the game.............the first 3 years odds are you'll be toy with improving skills ......the next 3-7 years youll start getting a few props and should be breaking through the toy persona ...(alot take advantage of this time to destroy the city and become local kings) after about 10 years of activeness and traveling you will start to get more notoriety and respect from out of towners ....and possibly sell a canvas or two......after 11 years of actively painting you should have mastered your style or have enough styles to earn your respect ....art show offers will slowly start coming your way..
after 12 years in the game....you should find the best toy your city has to offer and fuel his passion for graffiti art and hopefully his passion for running around and painting on everything in sight will rekindle your love for vandalism -RAWKET
sounds like your speaking from experience? ha

hammer_time
07-02-2008, 12:10 PM
someone who will excell in an area of graff.
be it mural based work shows and events or magazine production etc etc....

^^none of that has anything to do with graff...
this description could go in the "what seperates real writers from hipster, culture jockers" thread....
also art shows have nothing to do with being a vet IMO

RezOner..
07-06-2008, 08:14 PM
if you cross kids out then bitch out from writing a tag, your a toy.
if you beef with people for no reason too.

Piggy
07-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Some toy here tags SFC all over with shitty non-steady flow. He thinks hes in the crew.

HRbN
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
you think your in the crew

hammer_time
07-22-2008, 03:56 PM
im the one who put trane down with the sfc.......

CAN-KILLER
07-25-2008, 09:45 AM
a toy is someone who beefs with a veteran just to get fame.

SAID
07-25-2008, 02:50 PM
fuck yes.
respect before everything.

n_noodles
07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
toys get there mom fucked, veterans fuck toy's moms :)

Twist Up That Green Game
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
id say im a toy. i meen ive only been doing this for a year and a half i do my little throwie thing hit trains and box trucks but youll never see my ass going over anyone better than me that shits just dissrespectfull. still though for a toy im deffinatly not bad and im allways trying to progress so maybe in a few years youll see my ass in some book somewhere who knows.

injury
08-12-2008, 04:20 PM
if you don't have paint on your hands at the end of the night...

garbage down tha way
08-13-2008, 01:00 AM
toy and veteran is a pretty wide gap.

cans905
09-07-2008, 01:13 PM
i think what everyone, or mostly everyone is saying about a toy is not true. Im fairly new to this, but i took lots of time to read, and practice to start and develop my own style. I also have respect for other writers that are better than me, and would never even think about going over them just to get known. i use these peices, as an inspiration, but also a way to teach myself different techniques used and how they made their peices come alive. And if u never have the love for the game, you will never progress, and usually will quit writing very soon.
KTA crew, especially Pac and Havik inspire me to keep writing

simple zen
09-07-2008, 06:04 PM
i think only toys call toys toy. instead of callin' heads toy, i just simply go over their shit with something better. why waste my time and paint drawing an arrow to something and writing toy under it? middle school kids in my neighborhood do that shit to each other.

Cesk
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Veterans realize that you dont have to put a 2pac song in your youtube video to be cool... :)

illadelph
09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Toys keep babbling about why toys are toys and writers just write and don't worry about what anybody else thinks or says....just write and bomb and do your thing and fuck what everybody else says....nobody else matters....let your work speak for itself.....just practice and write and write and bomb and write....fuck everybody else.....

Cesk
09-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I would say the toys,kings,veterans statuses are whats killing the graff community.. Cause usually someone that calls someone else a toy is usually a toy, tbqh.

Tiros1
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
toy is the fucking 13 year old rugrat in my neighborhood writing FACT THC (oh lord @ thc as a crew name)

he's so ignorant that he'll go and put his F next to an ACT sticker

act is an RTDK OG that's been writing longer than than this kid is alive

this kid actually has the nerve go pour bucket paint over me and my crew's burners in this chill spot

WTF

if this kid wasn't 10 years younger than me i'd find out where he lives and
put his bitch ass in ICU

Cesk
09-09-2008, 03:32 PM
toy is the fucking 13 year old rugrat in my neighborhood writing FACT THC (oh lord @ thc as a crew name)

this kid actually has the nerve go pour bucket paint over me and my crew's burners in this chill spot

WTF

put his bitch ass in ICU

For someone who's 23 you're pretty immature... Most of what you said sounds like bs..

gumball
09-28-2008, 09:12 PM
toys are begginers still havent got there shit down
vets are people who got control down and a style of there own

but in my area there are people we call scrubbies which are retarded toys which enjoy taking and using someones tag and my other shit they also enjoy writing thug-lyfe everywhere for example i saw some tag that said gum and it had one mof my throwies near it and it was near my area and i was like wtf i never hit that shit up and not only was it not mine but it was fucken terrible i wanted to throw up at its sight so one day i founf the kid bragging about how he was amazing at graff and i soon figured out he did it and was taking credit for my shit and i kicked his ass

gumball
09-28-2008, 09:14 PM

WTF

put his bitch ass in ICU

yo u from poland i see a bunch of shitty THC tags around ursus whenever i visit in poland

osnapizzel
09-28-2008, 09:18 PM
lol poland bitch tits kick his ass fuck it...its like yo bitch welcome to graff

tha wite rabbit
09-28-2008, 09:47 PM
screw poland...
AMERICA WORLD POLICE!!!

Hobbes
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
"We used to call dudes like you toys, but now we just melt the plastic" - Mighty Jo

seems toys only care what makes a toy, writers just get up and are probably too busy getting up to come on BS everyday for the most part.

Toys = too concerned with image to really get up.

HaLo_07
09-30-2008, 05:04 PM
More like this...

A Toy is just a person that not only starts out writing but has no knowledge of "How-To" do certain things or Knows whats going on in graff culture or doesn't know the history.

In my OWN opinion, not somethin people be bitin off of other people...

It's a state of mind, not so much how you write.

Saber of MSK...He can piece and do burners so easy it's like breathing to him.
BUT He even admits he's not the greatest Tagger.

And take IZ the WIZ...Throw-Up Master...His shiit was infamously known for his Throw-ups just Like Cope2.

Then you got Fafi, A Character writer. She does only Characters pretty much.

But they all started out rough, there shiit wasn't appealing the first time around.

So you can have madd nice works of art, or Throw-up styles or tags...

But shiit don't matter if you don't keep your shiit alive and kickin.

Being A TOY is a state of mind...and the lack of life support to your shiit on the street.

If your shiit is hot...I don't care...If I seen your shiit on the street MADDD times, more than just one time. Thats what matters.

Fuck, the people's B.S. thinkin there hot shiit, just str8 up, get out there and show people up if they call you a Toy.
Make your shiit worth havin to be seen, every ones got style. So let that shiit grow.

kas2-srbcrew
10-07-2008, 12:11 AM
to me a toy is a writer wit a wack style. it doesnt matter how long u been graffin 2 b considered a toy, some ppl get out of the toy phase in as little as a year, others stay toy til 2-3 yearz. a veteran iz sum1 who haz been writin for a while and has a unique style, often hated by toyz who wanna be like them. toyz dis veteran writer'z work often cuz they want attention. wen i go down my blockz and see certain toyz dissin veteran'z work, i juz laugh, not cuz itz funny raggin good shit, but how desperate *****hz r for alil recognition.

Cesk
10-07-2008, 05:39 PM
to me a toy is a writer wit a wack style. it doesnt matter how long u been graffin 2 b considered a toy, some ppl get out of the toy phase in as little as a year, others stay toy til 2-3 yearz. a veteran iz sum1 who haz been writin for a while and has a unique style, often hated by toyz who wanna be like them. toyz dis veteran writer'z work often cuz they want attention. wen i go down my blockz and see certain toyz dissin veteran'z work, i juz laugh, not cuz itz funny raggin good shit, but how desperate *****hz r for alil recognition.

I tried to read your german, but a lot of it was repetitive, the only thing I don't agree on is that toys hate on veterans, that my friend is wrong.
I'm 3 quarters done of my toy phaze and trust me, I respect the veterans more than my own mother.

kas2-srbcrew
10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
first off, not german lol but yea most toys i encounter are disrespectful, there are some that r like u and respect veterans and those r the toys i would rather see get up.

NoFUckingTalent
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
More like this...

A Toy is just a person that not only starts out writing but has no knowledge of "How-To" do certain things or Knows whats going on in graff culture or doesn't know the history.

In my OWN opinion, not somethin people be bitin off of other people...

It's a state of mind, not so much how you write.

Saber of MSK...He can piece and do burners so easy it's like breathing to him.
BUT He even admits he's not the greatest Tagger.

And take IZ the WIZ...Throw-Up Master...His shiit was infamously known for his Throw-ups just Like Cope2.

Then you got Fafi, A Character writer. She does only Characters pretty much.

But they all started out rough, there shiit wasn't appealing the first time around.

So you can have madd nice works of art, or Throw-up styles or tags...

But shiit don't matter if you don't keep your shiit alive and kickin.

Being A TOY is a state of mind...and the lack of life support to your shiit on the street.

If your shiit is hot...I don't care...If I seen your shiit on the street MADDD times, more than just one time. Thats what matters.

Fuck, the people's B.S. thinkin there hot shiit, just str8 up, get out there and show people up if they call you a Toy.
Make your shiit worth havin to be seen, every ones got style. So let that shiit grow.

Fuck that, if your shit is wack, I don't care how up you are, you are toy.

I remember awhile back seein' a few flicks of this wack dude who some people had said he was writing for like 10 years and never improved, I'd consider that a toy still.

Toys have no knowledge of letter structure, no true style, no style because they have not been in the game long enough for their style to derive from anywhere.

Even if you get mad up, some people will never notice, if you don't do it right (or write?)

A vet has been in and out of the game, fallen off, come back on, been arrested, been up, beat the buff, etc.

Toy is just kinda like "hehe, i'm writing on something haha someone will SOO see this!" and then a week later, their shitty tag on the back of the building gets buffed because its so ugly.

but if they hit the back of buildings enough, and start doing a better job, they'll start movin' to other spots, getting more style, etc.

Being up is only part of the game, its no excuse for lack of style, and certain ups are more valuable. For example, if you got a guy that has 20 ups on some dumpsters by gas stations, then a guy who has maybe 3 nice throwies in real high-traffic areas that people HAVE to look at, and maybe even get in the paper for it...I'd rather have them 3 throwies.

But a true writer will get up anywhere and everywhere.

HRbN
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I think your all a bunch of toys, ya fucks.

Just kiddin guys :)

NoFUckingTalent
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm pretty toy actually...trying to become an action figure soon though!

simple zen
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/2576576221_e8742119dc.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2337/2583298381_842abc764d_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2156/2542169575_ecfa342fe4_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3183/2522518591_00fa9d6b0b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2412/2445825225_c97a984faf_o.jpg
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/28/jesus_agrees_gtfo.gif

TrandomnesstwO
04-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Well fuck I bomb I tag usually tag...I dont think Im the shit Im just...a writer but I go far and wide with bike on daylight so consider me a writer with balls but A KRINK THAT GOT ITS NIB RIPPED AND NOW THAT PART OF TORONTO WILL CONSIDER ME A MAAAD TOY CUZ i GOT A FUCKED NIB BUT FUCK THAT I CAME TO GO ON A MAD MISSION AND ILL WRITE NIB OR NO NIB.
(Also someone writes Nibs in that are check out my youtube channel same name as my bs username.)

Slushi
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Well fuck I bomb I tag usually tag...I dont think Im the shit Im just...a writer but I go far and wide with bike on daylight so consider me a writer with balls but A KRINK THAT GOT ITS NIB RIPPED AND NOW THAT PART OF TORONTO WILL CONSIDER ME A MAAAD TOY CUZ i GOT A FUCKED NIB BUT FUCK THAT I CAME TO GO ON A MAD MISSION AND ILL WRITE NIB OR NO NIB.
(Also someone writes Nibs in that are check out my youtube channel same name as my bs username.)
I'm not touchin' this one..

trowel
07-09-2009, 01:23 AM
if you don't know why you are toy:

Watch Kings Destroy (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=481FE0B27C84552B&search_query=kings+destroy)

imho,
"toys" try to impress people. "vets" just do...

The most important thing is, you are going to be toy for a long time, deal with it...Just sketch, paint, practice, paint some more and eat taco bell...

the last part is irrelevant...but taco bell as we all know is god manifested into a delicious fast food restaurant...so it can't hurt :)

some good guidelines to stop "looking" toy(i know you all do this, don't lie):

Don't Brag. Writers are shadow warriors...what ninja would give himself up?
Stop tagging your backpack with whack ass shit. again, this automatically brands you toy and violates rule #1.
You don't have to act like a thug to be a writer...this makes you a stereotypical toy...and a douche bag to boot.
TEACH YOURSELF how to do things, get your fucking hands dirty...stop asking for hand outs, its for your own good. As you start to get noticed friends will help you out with tricks and tips...no sense being a greedy pussy, skills come with time they must be acquired not created.
Don't call someone else a toy...because the world works as follows: Someone will always be better than you...so, in all technicality, you can be considered toy to that person, so there is really no sense in calling someone a toy to try and make yourself look good is there?

Remember, Graffiti is a way of life, we are a very intricate culture which should stay bonded fairly closely...For the most part the only people who approve of writers are other writers, so, if you want to move up in the ranks be humble and stop trying to impress everyone....let your shit speak for you.

Happy writing, don't get caught...don't act, just be.

k'n1ve
07-09-2009, 02:03 AM
^^^well said...

Mr yarbles
07-09-2009, 02:25 AM
when I was toy I used to try and find everyone that wrote
I woulda sk all around and shit and was never relucatant to tell people what I wrote and drop a tag
Now though
I try to keep it to myself and the people who write that know me.

but the main thing that sperates toys from vets is skill. mos def.

but ay man if a toy is a toy
I aint not gonna call him a toy

skull-e
07-09-2009, 01:55 PM

we've been over this before, you AREN'T known in toronto, at alllll.

dior
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
^^^ lulz toronto has so many ups on canal street espicially from cause and a nother guy i forgot the name tho

JayAyDubZed
07-10-2009, 06:55 PM
In the same idea, just because your art is good, doesnt mean you're NOT a toy.

I know dude who started tagging like a month or 2 ago and he things he's the shit and is gonna go start bombing and thinks he knows what he's doing. His style is not bad and his tags are pretty good for the amount of time he's been writing but yes, his mind frame is VERY toy. He needs to learn that he can't go out and start piecing 3 weeks are he does his first bomb -_-

KASE2
07-12-2009, 06:29 AM
hahah wow kuz theres not billions of fuckin random ass things you can make your fuckin name, dont you think SFC was available 4 a fuckin reason, change your name 2 sumthn like staceyDickFuck or sum shit, or "clown possum bottom eater" i can gurantee that those rnt taken (yet)

trowel
07-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Toys are the guys like you who sit around and bitch at each other over the internet

:)

get back on topic you little twat bags.

ReKoNe~!
07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
toys suck and ppl who dont suck arent toys
:)?

wrekstyle
07-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Skills and fuckin balls!

Dsub
07-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Simple, no need for huge discussions.. three things:

Style

Etiquette

Determination

If you lack 2 or more of these qualities, chances are you're a toy!

Darko
07-28-2009, 12:55 AM
a vet is someone is good
a toy is your punk ass still fags crew

B.S. POLICE
07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
deez nutsss

Buz
07-28-2009, 07:54 PM
i love the advice you guys are getting out there. it's helping me in the fact that i started to tag about almost a year ago but I'm still very horrible at developing a stye that fits my weird lifestyle and personality. i understand that it is going to take years put i cant grasp anything that has to do with hand style or bombing. it is very frustrating to see guys who are throwing up some dope pieces and im still stuck at square one. any idea's on how to get to square two?

Thrice
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
There are many different categories of toys, but it mostly comes down to skill. I accept im a toy, but unlike most writers im no artist, so i got that going against me.

This thread is a bit useless if you ask me.

Thrice
07-28-2009, 08:03 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/1zx4o3p.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/fn8bys.jpg
Im a smart ass

klk79766
10-28-2009, 12:15 AM
zhang2 (http://zhang2.edublogs.org/2009/09/)zhang53 (http://zhang53.edublogs.org/2009/06/)zhang9 (http://zhang9.edublogs.org/2009/09/)zhang93 (http://zhang93.edublogs.org/2009/10/11/plan-is-careful/)zhang14 (http://zhang14.edublogs.org/2009/06/25/in-mexico-do-not-just-wear-a-guest/)

kmcdon3960
10-28-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.asdlabs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/asdlabs-banksy-1.jpg

opte one
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
id say a toy is an inexperienced writer,who isnt very good. doesnt know history or anything. and soemone who trys to act all thug because they tag.

and a vet is someone who keeps himself to himself and his crew,and gets up with great skill and style.

Nyc Sno
11-03-2009, 07:06 PM
post count

charles bronson
11-04-2009, 09:50 PM
toys: suck, never put in any work, disrespect the older heads, blow up spots, just generally have no real idea or respect for anything. you can be good and be a toy. its the mentality

vets: been around the block, understand how to keep spots chill, dont disrespect people for no reason. have a vast knowledge for the game

my.favorite.addiction
11-04-2009, 11:03 PM
simply put:
its not what you've done,but how you acted about it.

prefer
02-10-2010, 07:19 PM
simply put:
its not what you've done,but how you acted about it.

shut the fuck up you woudnt know what the fuck it takes to be a toy or a king to save your fuckin life grow the fuck up

Ages24
02-14-2010, 06:13 AM
haha prefer good thing you're banned

streetology973
02-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Being experienced is all about history humility and style. A toy is a person who doesent have all three. I mean up are important but if you got no style it's pointless. You gotta know when to beef with and who not to and when to just shut the fuck up. History i mean if you really do graff you should wanna know what was before you anyway. -YOU JUST GOT HIT WITH SOME STREETOLOGY

Armored Bulletz
02-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Being experienced is all about history humility and style. A toy is a person who doesent have all three. I mean up are important but if you got no style it's pointless. You gotta know when to beef with and who not to and when to just shut the fuck up. History i mean if you really do graff you should wanna know what was before you anyway. -YOU JUST GOT HIT WITH SOME STREETOLOGY

in that case there a lot of toys jocking the LI thread..

streetology973
02-14-2010, 08:49 AM
in that case there a lot of toys jocking the LI thread..

i would agree biner mite be the only real writer in there

Armored Bulletz
02-14-2010, 08:53 AM
iv never seen so much drama over a silly little forum lol

streetology973
02-14-2010, 09:20 AM
lol could be the erie thread -__-

bug
02-23-2010, 01:58 AM
I am actually fairly new to tagging. so im a toy? great, well id like some help to become a veteran . ive got a few notebooks of just drawing after drawing. but i just recently tagged a little secret spot and it was a lot harder than i thought. any tips? ive been wanting to do this since about 15 and now im 18.
and im guessing a veteran is anyone who just like in any type of art is able to make mistakes and noone would even notice.

sodi
02-23-2010, 02:55 AM
So of course I wanna be a vet right? Can I still be a vet if I bomb heaps?

ToNiC
03-12-2010, 09:17 AM
...a veteran is anyone who just like in any type of art is able to make mistakes and noone would even notice.

Lol Cope2 for the loss.

You could say that. I've noticed a lot of crowned up writers with bad 3D or shitty fills and no one says anything because of who they are.

sinetist
05-23-2010, 01:33 PM
even vets were once toys. so u cant say shit.

CrookOne
05-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Toys=Repping SFC mark eckos crew.AW3S0M3.
Toys are new into graff.Have no understanding why we do it.Why its even around and have been around for decades.Toys have bad handstyles,judgements,lack of understanding.Though there is still potential in them.
Why?Because they will be keeping the generation alive.
How?By practicing everyday.On blackbooks,yards,etc.
Who?The older guys.Bigger people.King shit in the city.Veterans.
But there just fucking toys.They cant do shit.No,got it wrong.How can you be putting them down over and over again.They just need CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.YOU and I were toys.Maybe still are.Who knows.Sure the older guys are assholes,but if you have the heart to keep going,then go for it.You cant come into the forums thinking your king shit.No.Theres always someone better than you.No one is the BEST.This is just a subculture.That everyone has their own point of views.

Veterans=Person that has been in the game for a while.Sees or has experienced for themselves the UPS and DOWNS of the subculture.Has learned different techniques and used those to grow to be the person/writer/piecer/bomber who they are now.Veterans are not the best.There is no best.Veterans know multiple people,and has gained there respect.They are people you can look up to and one day wanting to be as big,famous,as good as they are.Take for example SABER AWR MSK.He was a toy at first.But look at him now.His LA river piece is the largest in the world.He has crazy pieces.
How did he get that good?Practice.Years of it.Has motivated him to keep on going.Loves and respects the game.Gained a lot of peoples respect,yet he has his non-fans(like JAONE).
Veterans are good,but are always improving there style.

Yet again,these are my point of views coming from me.Everyony has there own.I am young myself.I consider myself not a toy nor veteran.Im just another guy trying to get his shit done and up.
$0.02

WORD, i'm probably considered toy due to my lack of skill but i've been writing everyday anyways.

massacreman
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
a vet is someone who knows the scene, has the right connections, knows his history, gets up, and has skill

Stoked2PaintNY
05-24-2010, 01:18 AM
hate the people who think a vet is some1 who dont give a fuck, just take a look at bucket, bombed harder then i ever will but will i make vids of me day bombing and showing my face? nope so i prob wont get caught as easy as he did. do ur shit and shut ur mouth, people will still see it without u blabbing about it ya kno?

ARRA159
06-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Experience. thats it.

vulpes
06-27-2010, 10:18 PM
i know for a fact i am a toy seeing as how in my understanding a toy is a beginner. like any person starting in any activity...like a rookie sports player. but i agree with most of these guys trashing this shit because the fact that you had to even ask this question labels you an unbelieveabe douche. odds are youre trying to troll anyway and i suppose i fell victim to it but i dont really care. you have no respect for anyone and thats the complete opposite of what graff is about. we all gotta start somewhere but asking the 'difference between toy and king' is really only gonna get you flamed. so congrats asshat.

extinct
06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
from a toy... ....there 2 types of toys... tryhards... an people who want 2 learn, people who only joined this forum to get known throughout the community and get their feedback... I want to learn and take the vancouver streets with a lil bit of knowledge..i know alot about the history of graff, and have watched most of the classic nyc movies...so jus because your a toy doesn't mean you can know sumtin bout the thing yall love an live for
pce
-EQS

Dr01d1
07-01-2010, 02:07 AM
I think its lame how most toys love to cross each other out for no apparent reason. They might not even know you, they might not even want to fight or battle. Just for the thrill. If I had a dime for everytime I walk around my neighborhood and see a handstyle crossed out from a graffer I respect like Atomik Crome or Ox I would be rich.

friday
07-01-2010, 03:54 AM
toys have no respect....

DONT.TRUST.KNOW.ONE
07-23-2010, 07:43 AM
toys have no respect....
*thumbs up*

also,
-can control.
-knowledge.
-smarts about the system, racking, spots, etc.
-KNOWING HOW TO USE A FUCKING MARKER [guess that's included in knowledge].
-and not telling everyone that you do it!

Phat 2
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
toys squeal when they get caught when good guys keep their hat on

toys go in the toy forum, veterans use the main forum :P
jokes

urapeicashit
07-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Unda 2 months u a toy. After dat u ready to do a
masterpeice. Well I was neva a toy cause my mom
sed I'm good at anything I try. So dats my story. But yea
after about a month u r probrably ready to be a king.
Dis stuff is da shit, imma tell all my friends at camp!
Oh yea, it's not a fat camp, it's an arts n craft camp my moms
signed me up ta go to. It's mad lotta fun!

MERTAone
07-29-2010, 10:28 AM
to the kid right above me idk if your joking or you a mothafuckin doofus but thats all incorrect. im in my 6th year fucking with graff and i started drawing before i could talk and im still not trying to say im anything more than toy. and arts and craft camp probly fuckin sucks so dont tell all your friends about it cuz i dont wanna see their macaroni-and-construction-paper portraits. and people who type out "hood slang" like dat iz all mad wack faggotz homefriez.
phat 2 and dont tell know one-props thats how i define it too

zachatnca
05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
toys are kids that talk about getting up but never do, and they try to hang with all the vets. fucking toys...

writingis4life
06-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Toys are new vets have cred