PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113

skinaone
05-07-2011, 10:41 AM
shit i rarely dis someone but yea how are you a moderator ?

ribcage
05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
practically janitors who get dissed by you goofballs for cleaning up your school playground after you go back to class from recess

hahahaha so true, except jaitors are treated a little worse. and they have to clean up vomit,and not word vomit

Phat 2
05-07-2011, 02:17 PM
shit i rarely dis someone but yea how are you a moderator ?

I was speaking in general, not you personally
and look under my username

skinaone
05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
i know but how did oyu become one

Phat 2
05-08-2011, 06:38 AM
they needed new mods a couple months ago, I applied, was suggested to the admin, and vouched for. so I got it
NouveauP, said, baron, lakim shabazz, salvo, pulsewitthlife, moganone, weakoner, and myself were all promoted

ian
05-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Ayyyooo got a question for all you peeps. Whats the best dollar can and where can i get some? And dont just tell me to rack rusto or any other kind of paint etc. etc. im not down to rack shit at this point in time

skinaone
05-08-2011, 12:35 PM
wallmart hahaha dollar store best paint for a dollar not really sure its just matter of you trying the paint and it all depends on what you like

Fury
05-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Walmart has color place which is basically a dollar. OSH has some cans on sale sometimes for $1.20. I usually just go to Home Depot for my dollar cans, since it's self-checkout. In any case, almost all dollar cans will be exactly the same: extremely high pressure (for no reason), 10oz, shitty paint, but a dollar.

ian
05-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah thats what i figured i guess ill have to browse around, just wondering if anyone had any preferences

skinaone
05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
i like does little cans for tagging around there not that great but perfect cause there pocket sized

nah!
05-08-2011, 05:40 PM
i think i need to change my name now my mom saw one of my papers...

i thougt money

but im thinkin duem(old name from a long time ago) or nuem

weedeater
05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
yo ian, if you have a Freds near you, their dollar paint is fucking dope. specifically the Red, Grey, and Blue. the flat black, and white, i always release some pressure, but after you do they cover like a champ. my suggestion is to go to yard sales, estate sales, hardware warehouse close outs, discount racks of art stores, home depot, lowes. you can get some nice paint at yard sales for pennies on the dollar. might even be able to find a few older cans to send my way haha. also, the silver and gold i use are both dollar cans, they are dutch boy "fresh look", and are both really nice. if you are trying to get some colors that everyone else doesnt have, you should start mixing your dollar cans. thats what i do if i dont have a pink, mint green, light blue, or whatever. just get some "extinguisher" caps off of a couple of carb and choke cleaner cans, and GET THE RED HOSE that is taped on the side. put one can (you want it to be 1/4-1/2 way full) in the freezer, and let the other one hang out outside for 30 minutes. then put both the caps on the cans, and connect them with the hose. push the warm cans cap first, then the cold ones, and youll hear it filling up. i do this alot with my tall cans, i prefer using them, and usually put all my scraps of a certain color in them. it also makes them low pressure, so you can practice details if you want without having to worry about drips and shit.

sorry for the rant, i doubt i even answered your qustion, im baked.

ribcage
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
^yo you should make a turtorial with pics and post it.

But yeah transfering a bunch of shit paint into a 600 ml can is choice if you have the time, but if you dont, just softly release pressure from the shitty paint for better results. If you got shit paint don't try to piece with it unless you have mad bars, just use em for can control. Throwies don't have to have solid fills, and if you got fats you can still make a grimey non solid fill look dope if you fill it clean.

skinaone
05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
i use shit paint for my throws and peices
so its not the paint but the one who is painting

ribcage
05-08-2011, 07:18 PM
hence why i said "unless you have mad bars" ........lol wtf you even talking bout tho?

weedeater
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
1. Get two dollar cans. I got a White (left) Red (right... obviously). I put the white can in the freezer for 30 minutes before mixing. This helps keep it nice and thick, and less liable to come back through your hose and mess up your other cans color, as well as lets the thinner/room temperature paint flow freely.

http://i56.tinypic.com/9std2c.jpg

2. You can get extinguisher/mixing caps off of old wd40 cans as well as carb and choke cleaner. Make sure you grab 2 and the red hose. Should look like this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ufemw9.jpg

3. Put the caps into your valves. I usually twist one into the the can with the hose attached, then twist the other cap into your other can without the hose attached. Then connect the two with the hose. Make sure they are in there good, unlike mine on the left. You are in for a mess if not. I always press the warm cans cap first, then quickly press the cold ones. This gives the warm cans paint a chance to get flowing and build up pressure. Then when you press the cold cans cap will release the pressure into its valve and start the flow.

http://i53.tinypic.com/f3suf8.jpg

4. This was the red we started with.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mhbzva.jpg

5. This is the pink you end up with. Ive noticed that the can that ends up with the mixed color is always a medium to low pressure compared to its original state. Im not sure where the pressure is lost at, and I really dont care, because its always thick and covers extremely well at a low pressure, but you dont lose much thickness on your lines. You'll eventually get used to how much paint you need in each can to get the color you want, it doesnt take too long, and you can always take off the mixing cap, shake, and test it.

http://i54.tinypic.com/vuwps.jpg

ribcage
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
O fasho! is the new to graffit thread closed? If not you should put this in there too so it can be archived.

weedeater
05-08-2011, 08:43 PM
im not sure, ill check that out. i may just let a mod move it though.

skinaone
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
im talking about when people say " i used shit paint to do this do that and thats why it looks shitty" so i said the paint has really nothing to do with how you paint

ribcage
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
ooo lol well yeah, that too:cool:

ian
05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
woord up weedeater, dont have any franks around me (east coast) but ive got a lowes right down the street, and ill keep my eyes peeled for yard sales and such. good looks on that mixing too, are your cans like both half full for that or like the red half full the white all the way and which can does it end up in the warm or the cold one?

weedeater
05-09-2011, 12:14 AM
it ends up in the cold one. and the red was full, the white was about 2/5 of the way full, but ended up being all the way full.

terf1
05-09-2011, 09:04 AM
i just got a small question... after lookin' around the pic's on the forum i'm just wondering how long have you guy's been doing graffiti (if you do graffiti of course)

weakfingers
05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
5 years- 3 of them being completly mad toy and tagging everything with a sharpie magnum under other dumb aliases

To become good at graffiti you really just need to know someone who knows what there doing and to tell you when your about to do dumb shit. The short answer is it takes about two and a half years to become in the scene and decent. It could be longer depending on your motivation or shorter depending on if your willing to learn and progress. Its gonna take half a year to learn the basics. Youl have a throw and oull start to see that bars and simples are good, the second half of the first year your just gonna go wild with bars and make alot of wack styles. at the end of your first year youll have a mini ego and some toy beef in the hood, youll be getting better at painting and youll start to notice your shit is looking wack. Youll have a small brekadown and try to reinvent your whole style. Its gonna be a weird second year and your gonna start to notice all your shit is wack but its clean because your getting better. Near the end of your second year youll slowly work out the kinks of your style and you might get noticed by some people and your shit will start to look proper and decent. the next half of the year youll look back at how wack you where and by that time youll have confidence in your letters and they will be fly and dope.

take note that to get good your gonna have to draw a shit load, think of doing a tag and how many times youve done that, it should be the same way about your peice or throw, your gonna have to draw that well over a thousand times befor its gonna look good. Donot get stuck at the simple bar stage, alot of people stay there and there ego goes on to ruin there graff careers, keep your egos small and learn history and youll do fine, ps graffiti ruins your life.

terf1
05-09-2011, 01:01 PM
5 years- 3 of them being completly mad toy and tagging everything with a sharpie magnum under other dumb aliases

To become good at graffiti you really just need to know someone who knows what there doing and to tell you when your about to do dumb shit. The short answer is it takes about two and a half years to become in the scene and decent. It could be longer depending on your motivation or shorter depending on if your willing to learn and progress. Its gonna take half a year to learn the basics. Youl have a throw and oull start to see that bars and simples are good, the second half of the first year your just gonna go wild with bars and make alot of wack styles. at the end of your first year youll have a mini ego and some toy beef in the hood, youll be getting better at painting and youll start to notice your shit is looking wack. Youll have a small brekadown and try to reinvent your whole style. Its gonna be a weird second year and your gonna start to notice all your shit is wack but its clean because your getting better. Near the end of your second year youll slowly work out the kinks of your style and you might get noticed by some people and your shit will start to look proper and decent. the next half of the year youll look back at how wack you where and by that time youll have confidence in your letters and they will be fly and dope.

take note that to get good your gonna have to draw a shit load, think of doing a tag and how many times youve done that, it should be the same way about your peice or throw, your gonna have to draw that well over a thousand times befor its gonna look good. Donot get stuck at the simple bar stage, alot of people stay there and there ego goes on to ruin there graff careers, keep your egos small and learn history and youll do fine, ps graffiti ruins your life.

holy shit... that was alot more helpful than i was expecting. thank's

Fury
05-09-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll have to go with Weak, except I've done it for like 3 years, with 1.5 of them being dumb as fuck since I didn't know about bars. I'm really lazy when it comes to my name, but I usually paint a simple or throw on a daily basis, just to get my can control and letters down. I used to really suck at transferring shit from paper to a wall, but with time, you get a lot better at it.

ian
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
it ends up in the cold one. and the red was full, the white was about 2/5 of the way full, but ended up being all the way full.

thats sweet, i never knew you could mix spray paints, im definitely gonna have to give that a shot

H1P30N3R
05-10-2011, 01:30 PM
that i s a sick ass break down weak ... I've tried re inventing my style Im at about 2 years just feel stuck like my shit isn't evolving ...I jus have to keep at it

weakfingers
05-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah man, alot of of people sometimes switch names when they get to a major block, a good thing to do is look at alot of diffrent graffiti and bite the fuck out of it. Everyone bites but alot of people deny it, its how new shit get thought of. Your own personal flare will turn the bite into inspiration. Do diffrent peoples names and dont be afraid to do wack shit. You only learn my the mistakes you make.

weedeater
05-10-2011, 08:07 PM
word ian, i dont pay more than a dollar for ANY can unless its a vintage jawn that i find all by its lonesome. usually when i go digging for oldies ill end up grouping alot of user paint in for a dollar a can, if not i have certain dollar can brands that ill buy and mix if i need/want a certain color. ive gotten brand new rustos for a buck a piece before just because i was buying 20+ cans they were going to throw away. i dont want to risk getting caught racking since im currently paying/working off a charge, and i get paid well so i dont mind paying, even though 99% of the time im ripping them off.

ian
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
yeah man i totally feel you on that, i dont wanna risk racking either, its one thing to get caught painting but to get busted stealin some shit just doesnt seem worth it unless moneys real tight which for me its not. What kinda caps work for the mixing? I know you said some extinquisher caps but does that mean like any of those caps that have that red plastic tube with em?

weedeater
05-10-2011, 09:11 PM
yeah, you can find them in the auto section, they are the old wd 40 caps. you can find them on "rubber undercoating" and carb and choke cleaner cans. just snatch one off of two cans and dont forget the hose. its a fun little hobby, i have 6 tall cans i constantly refill, theyre the only ones i reuse, and i usually mix colors when i do so. the newest kick im on is to mix 3 different colors of the same shade per 3 cans, and fade them lightest to darkest when i put something up, usually looks really nice. its a nice trick if you like taller cans, they just feel better in my hands personally, and obviously you have more paint.

-Empty-Can-
05-13-2011, 08:15 PM
ive been stuck on bars for like 3 years. xDD

lol

my oldest sketch with my name is from 06. i guess you could say i started there but i was supper wack until like i joined here. haha

Task977
05-14-2011, 01:09 AM
How do you squash a beef without looking like you gave up? I'm gettin tired of this shit

weedeater
05-14-2011, 06:08 AM
throw hands, or continue to cross them out until they fall off/change their name

Task977
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
What should I expect in a confrontation? I'm mad young

nah!
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
its hard to tell i expect because you dont know anything about him/her/it

Nemo2
05-14-2011, 12:59 PM
What you mean by a confrontation?
If you mean a fight and you going into one with that attitute then expect to get beaten the shit out of, specailly if you proper young.
If you mean beefin with another writer, it depends how serouis theyre taking it, and how good they are. If its a good writer, then expect them to go over ALL your tags, throwies peices.

ribcage
05-14-2011, 01:09 PM
^pff wtf u talking about?

If your mad young, then drop the shit and dont go over dudes shit. Its that simple, if your a youngin you gotta have a little thing called resepect. If you beefin with someone your age/same skill set then man up and get down on some violent shit. But if you beefin w/ someone who better/ more seasoned then you should lay down on the beef and dont fuck wit dude's paint, go/paint somewhere else

Task977
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
^pff wtf u talking about?

If your mad young, then drop the shit and dont go over dudes shit. Its that simple, if your a youngin you gotta have a little thing called resepect. If you beefin with someone your age/same skill set then man up and get down on some violent shit. But if you beefin w/ someone who better/ more seasoned then you should lay down on the beef and dont fuck wit dude's paint, go/paint somewhere else

I have far more skill then the guy I'm beefin with, I just want to stop it. Should I just stop retaliating when he goes over me? His shit is ugly

Fury
05-14-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd personally just get up twice as much in a lot of other different places so he's not able to get all your shit.

Phat 2
05-14-2011, 02:58 PM
if I were you I'd let him believe like he won and just go bomb elsewhere... that is if you really are tired of this shit and dont wanna waste anymore paint.
but if you're DYING for beef like me and actually are having the best time going back and forth ove each other's pieces, and enjoying the competition, I'd say get yourself some thick ass chrome, some thick ass black, some fat ass level5 gold caps and go fucking destroy shit on MASSIVE scale. I'm not talking lifesize, I'm talking BIG BIG top to bottom of wall rollup style block letters ;)

damn, now I'm amped

nah!
05-14-2011, 04:43 PM
yeah use a roller and cover all his stuff

Phat 2
05-14-2011, 05:38 PM
no not roller, chrome... doing a roller is basically cleaning the wall out for him so that he can bomb on a freshly painted wall.
chrome on the other hand is a paint eater, if that guy is dissin that dude on a daily basis, the chrome wouldn't have dried up properly and he'll have a hard time painting

..romero..
05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
I have far more skill then the guy I'm beefin with, I just want to stop it. Should I just stop retaliating when he goes over me? His shit is ugly

you can just let it go, but thats no gaurantee he will stop, if he does, good if he doesnt keep going over him and make it your purpose to cap all his shit, eventually you will meet up in the streets, then take him on hand to hand. scrap it out and who ever wins wins. it seems like he's just a douche who wants beef so he's not gonna stop unless you beat his ass good and proper. if he has a spot he frequents, hang out and wait for his ass to show up and check him.

that's what i would do. but i don't paint.. i just hang out on bombingscience.

skinaone
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
ive been stuck on bars for like 3 years. xDD

lol

my oldest sketch with my name is from 06. i guess you could say i started there but i was supper wack until like i joined here. haha
ahahah im stuck too im like so disapointed i did a peice today im like wtf man im mmmmmaaaaaaaaadddd toooy

ribcage
05-16-2011, 10:28 PM
thats why u use pencil, and then if u got wack shit, you erase yet.

Cynical
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
When people say keep your bars the same width, are they meaning all the bars in the letter the same width? or the entire bar throughout the same width?

Mad toy I know, but shit, never gonna learn if I don't ask.

ian
05-17-2011, 08:47 PM
When people say keep your bars the same width, are they meaning all the bars in the letter the same width? or the entire bar throughout the same width?

Mad toy I know, but shit, never gonna learn if I don't ask.

letters are made up of bars, for example a T is just a horizontal and vertical bar. When people say keep the bars the same width they mean every bar in your entire piece should have the same width, or each line of each letter should be the same thickness, ya dig?

Cynical
05-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah I got that all letters have bars and have a structure, just wondering on if all the bars should be the same, or if they varied in the letter cause looking at some pieces online they're all different but it still worked so I had to ask.

Thanks,

skinaone
05-17-2011, 10:28 PM
thats why u use pencil, and then if u got wack shit, you erase yet.

no shitting? -.-

ribcage
05-17-2011, 10:39 PM
yadada my nig, lol

@Cynical yo not every single bar in all your letters in 1 piece need to be the same width, but each individual bar should have width consistency ya digg? there shouldnt be any flaws in the width of your bar, and since your just starting, i suggest you try to make all your bars the same width to lower confusion

Fury
05-18-2011, 02:08 PM
What ribcage said.

And also, that's just to start you off so things click for you on how letter structure works, and then eventually, you can get REVOK status and have different bar widths or be in jail.

Armored Bulletz
05-18-2011, 03:02 PM
good question.. i would shoot the fair honestly. if you lose so what? a loss isn't gonna change your flow in a tag or a style in a piece. dont be afraid to lose. lose to gain.

Cynical
05-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Alright another question, When developing a tag.. I get I should stick with keyboard letters, but when should I decide to start adding a few tweaks here and there? Because I already have a letter or two I dig already ya know?

skinaone
05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
ummmm it depends on your style

Task977
05-19-2011, 06:27 PM
How do you deal with biters? I don't mean mild biters I mean people who bite your whole name and style? This idiot herb has done that and is now going over local heads pieces and taking out spots in the native reserve and I'm starting to get crazy heat because of it. What can I do?

Fury
05-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Cynical, just try it. And if you don't like it, well, you have keyboard letters.
Task, I'd do a throw over whoever is doing that, and write next to it "DON'T STEAL MY NAME FAGGOT."
If you go over all of his shit and tell him to quit biting you, he should stop, or at least the people he's going over know it's not you.

skinaone
05-21-2011, 07:05 PM
whats the average age in writers on bombingscience ?

ribcage
05-21-2011, 07:19 PM
idk go make a poll thread in general discussion and you might get some feed back

skinaone
05-21-2011, 07:38 PM
sweet another thing i want to make a new thread in the picture gallery
how do i do that

ribcage
05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
same thing you just do add new thread, and then a mod will approve it if its a good idea

skinaone
05-21-2011, 08:01 PM
ahhh ok ok danm i forgot to put a pic ahaha

Phat 2
05-22-2011, 03:31 PM
you know what that age thing is kinda fun.
imma make that poll. but you mans gotta answer truthfully
if it fails, I'll delete it.
I know it's useless, but it's just for the hell of it, if any of the other mods here mind it, just go ahead and delete it
peace

Task977
05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
What do you guys think of hitting playgrounds? I think it's kinda fucked but I see people doin it from time to time

nah!
05-22-2011, 05:02 PM
it encourages kids to do extreme graffiti!

ribcage
05-22-2011, 05:19 PM
hitting playgrounds?! are you fuckin serious? is that a serious question? ...i hope not

Fury
05-22-2011, 07:12 PM
I was thinking about hitting some elementary schools, just to show them kids who's boss

skinaone
05-22-2011, 07:34 PM
theres a difference from hitting ELEMENTARY schools and PLAYGROUNDS i mean like WTF yo playgrounds really ?

ribcage
05-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Most people get a sharpie and go write in the slide at a park or playground, when there 12. Id say most playgrounds, schools, and churches are off limits. Unless its a rich ass school or church that can be seen by the freeway and has a good amount of space on it and your a decent writer, id say its bad

but to each his own I guess... dont let me stop you from writin on a playground

SicK-
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
i think tagging elementry schools is fine. my interest in graffiti started when i would just looked at the few tags around my school. i want that to happen to other kids, help make the next generation

ribcage
05-22-2011, 10:40 PM
^really? I think tagging a school is stupid, but an elementary school really? Seems childish... unless its a tasteful piece/mural

Task977
05-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Ribs, you misunderstood me, I don't want to hit playgrouds. I was wondering who else thought it was fucked. I'm not THAT much of an asshole ;)

skinaone
05-24-2011, 10:37 AM
lol^^^^

Fury
05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I don't hit schools, churches, or individual people's houses. Brings too much heat, and fucked up to people who are just trying to survive.

Task977
05-24-2011, 11:28 PM
How do I flex painting with a curfew? Should I just catch tags until I can get out later? Handstyles get old fast

ribcage
05-25-2011, 12:29 AM
you talkin bout a curfew with you parents? ......cause you shouldnt be worried about breaking a city's curfew if your doing graffiti. If your committed curfew shouldnt stop you from painting what you want when you want

Task977
05-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Parents curfew, I'm still a youngen

ribcage
05-25-2011, 01:45 AM
wait till they are asleep, and then sneak out. Thats what I did when i was young, sure I got a few beatdowns, but they were scarce compared to the amount of times i snuck out and didnt get caught

Fury
05-25-2011, 03:01 AM
My house actually has an alarm thing that rings whenever a door or window is open. Normally, I just leave, come back, and if they wake up, just say "so and so's computer had a virus and needed to print his paper for tomorrow."
I never bring a backpack or anything, just one or two cans and stick them in my waistband.

Anyway, you can either do what I do, or you can catch tags in the day. I do both, just look both ways, do it, walk away.

Cynical
05-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Anyone know of any exercises to steady my hands a bit? Even just for sketching on paper, google's giving me sweet fuck all right about now.

ribcage
05-25-2011, 07:16 PM
^lol. Alright so this is what your gonna want to do, get a brick, or something that ways about the same, and has the same solidness as a brick, so no books or anything with pointy edges. Your gonna hold the brick in your writing hand by the top(so hold it long ways), and toss it up in the air, and then make your hand do a vertical 360 or circle/loop around the brick and then catch it at the top. If might take a few tries before you get it down, but it will stengthen your hand and that entire arm. Ready go.

Cynical
05-25-2011, 07:19 PM
That is probably the most fucked up sounding thing I've ever heard of haha, but fuck it, nothing to lose so I might as well try it when I can find a loose brick.

ribcage
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
yo im dead serious, I still to do it from time to time, i guess you could do it with a 5pd dumbell or something if you dont have a brick... It makes your hand real strong tho, used to do it when I played baseball, makes your grip real good

nah!
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
bricks have sharp edges

Phat 2
05-26-2011, 02:35 PM
^lol. Alright so this is what your gonna want to do, get a brick, or something that ways about the same, and has the same solidness as a brick, so no books or anything with pointy edges. Your gonna hold the brick in your writing hand by the top(so hold it long ways), and toss it up in the air, and then make your hand do a vertical 360 or circle/loop around the brick and then catch it at the top. If might take a few tries before you get it down, but it will stengthen your hand and that entire arm. Ready go.

beware of troll

ribcage
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
bricks have sharp edges
What? they are blunt, but they are not sharp

beware of troll
Lol im serious breh, Idk why he thinks a stronger hand is going to help is handlstyle but it does make your hands stronger.

Any questions?
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/ribcage22/0526111338.jpg

EndingTotalSocial
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
What? they are blunt, but they are not sharp

Lol im serious breh, Idk why he thinks a stronger hand is going to help is handlstyle but it does make your hands stronger.

Any questions?

WTF? :o

Cynical
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Nah, it's just my lines are shaky as fuck and I kind of want to cut down on it, I know it won't produce some sick style just from throwing shit up and catching it,

ribcage
05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
uh if your lines are shaky its cause of your hand movement not your hand muscles. To have better hand movements and no shaky lines you have to practice.

But if you literally want to make your hand stronger i suggest^..... its a brick it ways like 3 pounds, man up

skinaone
05-26-2011, 04:14 PM
ahahahahaha i remember when i lived in NOLA i had to do taht for baseballa haha

toy4evr
05-27-2011, 12:04 AM
so hey everybody i just started doind graffiti or attempting to, but im using sharpies and my birthday is coming up so i was gunna buy the molotow starter set which includes a 12 pack of molotow 227hs and 2 extra finliners a graff coloring book and a blackbook, will the molotow markers bleed through the blackbook paper and other paper? if so is otr ink graphik markers a better buy for s starter set? hope somebody can help:eek:

weedeater
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Nah, it's just my lines are shaky as fuck and I kind of want to cut down on it, I know it won't produce some sick style just from throwing shit up and catching it,

good can control requires full body movement, not just your hand/wrist/arm. make sure you have a solid base, feet shoulder width, and get used to bending those knees and leaning.

viseversa101
05-27-2011, 11:38 AM
also get the flow down by moving the direction of the can but not pressing the tip down a few times before spraying

nah!
05-27-2011, 11:42 AM

brickes are cuboid the vertices are pointy and so are the edges.

ribcage
05-27-2011, 02:01 PM
uh your telling me this why? This isnt a fuckin geometry class fool, the bluntness of the brick helps strengthen your hand, makes your skin tougher and your grip better. you obviously have little baby hand since you can handle brick tossing
http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Jimmy-Clausen1.jpg

bricks have sharp edges
sharp and pointy are 2 completely different things, so stop changing your mind about it

..romero..
05-28-2011, 09:55 PM
wtf is going on in this thread? is there some type of significance about the brick that i don't yet understand? if i unlock the secret as to whether bricks are sharp or pointy edged will that help me king the freeways or someshit?

you want to steady your hand? draw more... your can control sucks? paint more. everyones shit is sloppy at first..the more you do it the more you excercise the fine muscles in your hands.. just like working out your biceps or abs you have to work out the muscles in your hands so to speak, the more you draw the better you get, if you stop drawing for a long period of time (and i can attest to this) your skills will start to deteriorate. the same thing applies with can control.

go paint.

weedeater
05-28-2011, 10:01 PM
yes

ian
05-29-2011, 01:03 AM
how do you guys get clean, crisp lines when you paint? I know the deal with cuts and such but whenever i make a line even if it's somewhat crisp it always seems like theres a little bit of overspray or somethin and some of the color just mists a little past the edges which makes the lines look less sharp. Is this somethin with air pressure? Should i let some pressure out of the cans first?

weedeater
05-29-2011, 01:46 AM
it has to do with the angle you are holding the can at. move your entire body and make sure that the angle you are using to point the cap stays the same for the entire length of the line. when you start altering the angle of the can you get the "mist" effect, and can use it for flares, blending, etc. or it could be the caps you are rocking and have nothing to do with your control. personally i love seeing throws with the outlines dusted at the top and bottom

ian
05-29-2011, 02:06 AM
word, im just fuckin around with pieces and such, tryin to get the cleanliness down. Also somewhat unrelated, but these babies are $2 at a store round me, its sweet

http://www.labsafety.com/images/xl/RUST-OLEUM-Hard-Hat-LSS-_i_LBM56652.jpg

ribcage
05-29-2011, 03:52 AM
wtf is going on in this thread? is there some type of significance about the brick that i don't yet understand? if i unlock the secret as to whether bricks are sharp or pointy edged will that help me king the freeways or someshit?

the brick is just a brick, and will always be a brick

weedeater
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM
ian, snatch those bitches up, get a nice little stockpile going. if you ever dont feel like going out, go look at your paint stash and you will instantly grab 3 cans and your keys.

ian
05-29-2011, 12:27 PM
haha yeah, at this point i have no money though, like literally broke. My first payday is friday tho, so once i get that money, ill be stockin up. Also in case it wasn't clear from the pic those are the larger size cans, not just the normal ones. It's sweet, this place is the shit for paint: http://www.olliesbargainoutlet.com/

weedeater
05-29-2011, 01:33 PM
oh i know, i keep all my paint in old 12 pack boxes, and i have 2 devoted to tall cans, i have 4-5 hard hats in there somewhere. i like seeing people who (if you are going to pay for paint) they hunt down them bargains. im all about some $1 rusto. and i was keeping it on the DL for a while, but if you guys have a lowes in your area, they are getting rid of rustoleum Amber Satin for $1.24 a can. i picked up about 20. most of the fills ive been doin are with that color. it doesnt cover too well, but i cant complain.

Fury
05-29-2011, 02:07 PM
if you ever dont feel like going out, go look at your paint stash and you will instantly grab 3 cans and your keys.

Yup, happens every single time haha. "Damn I want to sleep, fucking tired..." /check paint "...Fuck."

And seriously? Definitely gonna check that out today, thanks man.

weedeater
05-29-2011, 03:14 PM
yezzir, its not ALL the satin rusto, its just the amber satin color, it has a yellow top.

nah!
05-29-2011, 03:58 PM
uh your telling me this why? This isnt a fuckin geometry class fool, the bluntness of the brick helps strengthen your hand, makes your skin tougher and your grip better. you obviously have little baby hand since you can handle brick tossing

ey yo i toss houses u bitch

ribcage
05-29-2011, 09:16 PM
who you callin bitch? byitch!! you cant toss shit witchyour dinky ass baby hands

H1P30N3R
05-29-2011, 09:27 PM
ohh shit son sounds like a throwy beef battle brewin up

ribcage
05-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Im with pesoe on this one

@nah hows about a throwy battle/piece batte/handy battle/simp battle/brick throwing battly? any or all, you pick the word and rules

Phat 2
05-30-2011, 05:32 AM
you guys can beef battle next week. sorry :P

I've got a question here. when using a marker out on the street, sometimes you write on certain surfaces without noticing that they're a bit dusty, either because it's night, or because the dust's color is kinda clear
so you do a tag on it and your marker's nib collects all the dust and gets real dirty and it won't write anymore.
I know that I should touch the surface to check for dust before tagging, but in the cases when you forget, how do you fix the nib or clean it on the spot? without having to actually do a whole operation on it? :P

ian
05-30-2011, 04:13 PM
shove that tip in your mouth and slosh it around a bit, rub your tongue over it some and make sure you keep it real wet, lots of saliva

Phat 2
05-30-2011, 04:22 PM
>:\

seriously now

ribcage
05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
your just gonna have to bleed the nib. Use like a table spoon of rubbing alcohol or paint thinner and that should make it loosen up. Is the nib hard because its dried up?

even if you make it work after it was all dried up if its not a mop it probably wont ever write the same as before

Phat 2
05-30-2011, 05:37 PM
no no it's not dried up at all, it's still brand new and stuff. it just basically wiped the dust off whatever surface I'm writing on. and now the nib's all dirty

ribcage
05-30-2011, 05:53 PM
hmmm, what kind of marker is it? If its just dirty you could probably write lightly on a cleaner surface with it and the ink that goes through will probably take the dust off with it... or you could dab the nib in some rubbing alcohol and that will clean it off

Phat 2
05-30-2011, 06:06 PM
it's the large markwell, but yeah doh! I knew writing on a cleaner surface would prolly clean it, but I'm trying to figure out a reall quick way to do it on the run, without having to look for a clean surface where you gotta spend some time streaking with it to clean it... mmm I guess that would do the trick though. on a piece of paper of something.
thanks man

..romero..
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM
it's the large markwell, but yeah doh! I knew writing on a cleaner surface would prolly clean it, but I'm trying to figure out a reall quick way to do it on the run, without having to look for a clean surface where you gotta spend some time streaking with it to clean it... mmm I guess that would do the trick though. on a piece of paper of something.
thanks man

its not that hard really.. find a smooth surface, i prefer painted bricks (cinderblocks) with a nice smooth finish, or some sort of plastic to wipe it down on...and by wipe it down i mean scribble on it for a second or two and add some pressure to it to allow it to bleed a little bit..this way all the dust and debri on it will come off when it bleeds... thats my advice..

plastics work the best imo... glass collects alot of dust so i would refrain from using surfaces like that lol.

dankbudz
06-01-2011, 09:24 PM
so I has question about rusto paint
i just bought me a few cans, and they change it to a female cap.. im pretty sure they have had this for a while but i havent bought any in some time and had some of their old shit left.

k, so rusto fats are male, figures that shit out. will any caps work with this shit?

i was just going to get some shit off BS and i dont wanna get caps if none will work, ya digg

ribcage
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
yea the male rusto cans been around for a minute now, and most stores have sold enough since that most are fully stocked with the new rusto and only a few old female cans float around.

Obviously male caps wont work on male cans, you can either sex change your caps(pretty sure theirs vids on youtube on how to do it), cop female caps off of elmers spray glue or other random spray adhesive/paint/cleaners/etc cans at stores that have that crap, or you can buy the cap adapter thingys. Idk how well the cap adapters work tho, ive never tried them myself.

But the new rusto fills decently w/ a stock cap as far as stock caps go imo, and even outlines a little decent. You should look around hardware stores/wal-mart(auto section) for spray cans and check em for female caps. The other day I found a female caligraphy cap off this spray foam shit at a home depot

dankbudz
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM
yeah i basically need a fat cap for outlines, ill check those spray adhesives and what not tomorrow or somethin.
I sprayed my can of yellow a few times and it worked pretty nice and i always like the bigger caps for the feel of it, but its just a bummer that they are now female.... no homo

got another question

do you have suggestions for markers off of BS? i was going to get the OTR hard to buff and OTR paint one
i dont know shit about markers, so advice would be appreciated.

ribcage
06-02-2011, 01:34 AM
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh check your pms later for this 1...

dankbudz
06-02-2011, 01:44 AM
haha thanks man

SicK-
06-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Dank dont get those OTR markers there not really that good, i got the huge set and regreted it. Prismas are better and there easy as shit to take

ribcage
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
yeap i dont like anything otr, the "hard to buff" is not hard to buff in the least. Every otr marker ive had ive been supremely dissapointed with

skinaone
06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
otr markers are like for tagging inside like a mall or w.e you feel like it INSIDE
i use them for body work
they come of fairly easlie

ribcage
06-02-2011, 04:51 PM
.... otr sucks

ian
06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
What kinda caps do you guys use for outlines? I currently only have a collection of assorted stock caps and a few elmers fats

ribcage
06-02-2011, 05:51 PM
throws-ny fats, anything else-universal thin or ny thin

Phat 2
06-02-2011, 07:09 PM
i use stock caps for everything.
not acting hardcore or anything, but I really never actually NEEDED to use any caps. just a few skinny caps those few times when I happen to have some mtn cans or stuff. other than that, it's stock caps + can control combo all day for bonus points.

and yeah otr sucks hard, even tho the man behind the brand is pretty cool and nice himself, his products are balls :\
best markers imo are the molotow 640PP... I would recommend them for anyone and for anything.
the grog metal heads are kinda cool coz they dont get ruined etc, the concept is great, but it's hard for the paint to reach the tip when you're writing vertically (on a wall for example) so the lines don't come out as clean as you'd expect them to, especially when you have a fast hand...
and like i mentioned above, I've been using the markwell marker recently, and it seems fine and regular up until the point where i got its nib dirty and it became a pain in the ass.
um what else...
oh yeah but DEFINITELY and BY FAR, if I had to pick ONE SINGLE PERFECT marker for everything... it would forever be the classic, timeless, PILOT JUMBO... by farrrrr my most favorite marker all around

Fury
06-02-2011, 07:49 PM
I usually just use stocks or spray adhesive fats.

ian
06-02-2011, 08:20 PM
yeah thats what ive been using, i just have been havin trouble doin my outlines and keepin em clean

skinaone
06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
i use banana skinnys for pieces
skinny pro for burners
and pink dots for throws

H1P30N3R
06-03-2011, 01:47 PM
l you aint touched a burner since the last time u had ramen noodles ... not hatin just keepin it real in the toy section

AUK
06-05-2011, 08:31 AM
If a hero citizen sees you painting or doing a tag can they run up and grab/tackle you? or can they only call the cops and tell you to stop?

MoF.
06-06-2011, 05:59 AM
naah they cant tackle you thats assult unless your tagging in there longeroom or on tere property and
ANYONE NOW WHAT THEY USE FROM SCATCHERS ON BUSES AND SHTI? SANDPAPER ?

lord_plankton
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
people can hold you till police is coming...tackle..depends on how you mean it, but they can grap your arm hold your legs whatever makes you stay where you are..but most likely they wont..not even tell you to stop..

i use a woodnstick marker shape and fix some sandpaper on its top...

i use whatever cap gets in my hand...i mostly do everything with fatcaps..cant imagine doin bombs, t ups or trains with stockcaps phat, thats bullshit...just like your mod activity. no offense.

nah!
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
well they can make a citizens arrest I think they would just shout at you from across the street then brag about their brilliant crusade against the graffiti taggers

can someone tell me the difference from a piece and a burner?

Phat 2
06-06-2011, 03:14 PM
MoF, you can use dremil tips or lava rocks for that stuff

and lord plankton, check my flicks if you think it's bullshit. 90% of what I post is done with stock caps.
90% of my mod activity on the other hand, is done with my the cap of my cock inside your mom's mouth, the other 10% she's resting for another 90% session

lord_plankton
06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
ahaha, you seem pissed??

didnt mean your pieces or bombs, meant doing em with stocks is bullshit and stupid but i can actually imagine you really do em like that.

your acting fkn stupid. wonder how you became a mod anyhow? your from the mid east or some shit...

stop insulting me. it hurts...

nah, there is none, if a piece is a burner its a burner, at least its how i put it.

weedeater
06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
stocks are cool if you have alot of time or arent in a spot thats going to draw heat. ive cut it way too close using stocks before though. ill stick to elmers.

ian
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
technically a burner is supposed to be a piece with a char and a background that takes up the entire wall/train from top to bottom

Phat 2
06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
burners ARE pieces
the difference between burners and simples (the word you're maybe looking for) is that a burner is much more elaborate, much more professional, has muuuch better attributes in general and in everyway. cleaner, flows better, wilder, better colors, better letters. Most burners are perfect pieces in the way that they are "prefect" and that they have every element you can put into a piece 3D, shines, extensions, a background, a forcefield, a character, details in the fills...etc
burners obviously take wayyy more effort and time, sometimes a whole day, if not more, even by pros.

and yeah yeah yeah lord plankton... whatevs man

skinaone
06-06-2011, 09:25 PM
pesoe read what phat2 said and GTF i allways do them i just dont take pics cause i dont feel like it
last time i had noodles was two days ago :)

nah!
06-07-2011, 11:29 AM
i guessed it was something like that.

ribcage
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
burners "burn" off a wall, thats where it came from.

@skina sorries man but i dont think you always do burners.......

MrSpyrydus
06-08-2011, 07:01 AM
hello everybody. im still a "toy wannabe" if you want to call it this way...i saw on toys forum pieces much much better than mine so i dont even consider myself a toy right now. i just want to ask this question. hope it isnt pointless or such because i am not a native so my english is not the best. i tryed symple writting, and a little bit complicated ones and now i have a question. how to i join the letters to have a "flow" if you want. like with pipes and arrows and things like that. i tryed symple bubble letters and they look...well...at least decent. when i try something more edgy i just mess it up. they dont join together like they arent from the same piece. i dont know how to use the chips pipes and things...and the graffs from gallery are kinda complicated for me to read...not sayng about understanding them. how do i join them? tips tricks anything helpfully. i draw everyday but i cand draw something looking ok without having a photo on my screen... like a have a great model in my head and when i see the paper i just lose it...the paper washes my brain if you want. and id like to suggest a topic with pieces progress if there isnt one. i personally havent found one specific for this one... i would help toys not to bite them. i just want to know HOW TO THINK...and i am very sure this would help any toy out there that want to do good job but its lost on all those cool graffs. i hope you dont find it disrespectful. thank you alot

Phat 2
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
post a photo of one of your best sketches in the toy blackbook thread and see what advice people give you. I can't promise you'll like what they tell you though

dankbudz
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
aiight so... ive never done a true piece before, only painted a few times, simps and throw ups.
but i was trying some practice on cardboard, and i know shit doesnt drip as easily on concrete walls and such. but once you get layers of paint on, like a fill, and 3d, when you throw on highlights and any other thing over the paint does it drip if you dont wait a bit? cause at least for this card board, it was just dripppping.
its gunna be different on a real wall, but im curioius if it has any effect.

also gunna post this shit up once i take a picture.

ribcage
06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
depending on what paint u use the first layers of paint you lay down can bleed through your outline/shines if their still wet, and can drip if you didnt put a clean layer. If you paint one spot too much and it drips and its still wet and you put more paint on top of it its most likely going to drip.

The bleeding usually only happens when your trying to outline a dark color with a light color like black fills and yellow outline if your using rusto and you dont wait for the black to dry some will bleed through the yellow; Or in most cases when your using chrome. Chrome always be bleeding through my black outlines pissin me off and shit, only paint ive used that you didnt have to wait to go over chrome was the molotow burners

Fury
06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Cardboard fucking sucks, just get a plank of wood or something. No, it doesn't really drip, it usually dries pretty fast.
Actually, I watched my paint dry in the sun yesterday, took a whole 5 seconds.

Anyway, switch the surface and you should be fine.

dankbudz
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
hahah, ribcage, and i was using yellow and black rusto.
and i have been trying to get a big plank of wood, but my cars not so big.

Phat 2
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
yeah of course chrome's a bitch... takes way too long to dry, if it's possible, might be better to come back the next day for the black outlines if you got time and it's a chill spot.
, or leave the places you wanna paint with black empty. like if you got a chrome fill, leave the intersections between the letters a spray width empty for your black.
also if it's a chill spot, I'd wait a good 5-10mins between each layer of paint, allowing it to at least get fixed on the wall.
paints are liquid chemicals, its only common sense, get them in contact with each other when they're still liquid and they're most probably gonna get mixed and react to each other (in most times, one -the darkest- will counteract the other)

Fury
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
You could always buy small planks of wood and put them together back at the house, or haul it on top of your car.

dankbudz
06-08-2011, 06:58 PM
yeah i realize, ill figure something out

AUK
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
how can I sneak paint out of my house?
my parents sit near the door (I live in an appartment so only one door and I can't throw it out the window)
its too hot to wear a hoodie so I can't just put it in my hoodie... I tryed just shoving it down my pants but it leaves a huge buldge lol... if I just use my backpack my parents will ask me why I need my bag so
anyone got any ideas?

Ace.K
06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Kill your parents. lol Umm if you can get your bag out you can put a sweatshirt around them to reduce noise. Or just have a friend mule them for you. I just keep mine in the trunk of my car.

AUK
06-11-2011, 03:18 PM
don't think I can get my bag out unless someone comes up with a good excuse why I need it...
I just tried putting a can down my sock and hiding it with my pants it might work but when I walk it might shake the can and ill be fucked

dankbudz
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
if you skateboard or do any sport or anything your parents Would be okay with. then say you have that shit in the backpack, and throw a hoodie over the cans, then whatever else.
You could just find a place to stash a few cans outside in a bag, and grab em when you go out.

you gotta come up with the reason though, if you ask people online, we can only throw out ideas, but we dont know if theyll work. so its best if you came up with it on your own...

AUK
06-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I just stashed some shit outside when my parents left for like 10 mins
if a hobo takes it before I can pick it up i will be pissed lol

Fury
06-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I stash some cans outside, but I kinda stopped doing that. Just find a bush and throw them in there. Make sure they're hidden though, because little kids have taken my cans before.
I just throw two in my waistband and either bike or go for a walk.

ian
06-11-2011, 08:22 PM
what do you have parent like standing guard at the door? Just say you're workin on a project with a friend for school and you need books or some shit

AUK
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
fury - My can was still there when I went out tonight but it was kinda wet since it rained...
ian - uhh sort of... the way only out my my appartment is out the front door and thats also where the living room is so my parents are always there.

also when I went out tonight I found out my only cap was jammed so it was pointless to carry the can around so I hid it in a bush and just used my mop.

lord_plankton
06-14-2011, 10:09 AM
wow your parents suck at parenting. i always take a bag wherever i go, its a baaag, and why dont you just tell em, its something to drink a hoodie for when it gets fresh and so on, why the fuck is a bag suspicioos to them?? are a fucking 12year old troublekid ? and do they never sleep? cuz when they sleep they wont ask for the bag, go to molotow or somewhere else and buy some cheap 150 ml car lack they fit your jeans pocket, dude.

Skope2
06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
AUK, when I used to sneak paint out I'd put a tshirt at the bottom, put some cans in, put a big jumper or hood on top of that then compact it all down so its all tight. It doesn't really move then so makes barely any sound. Even when it does, its muffled by the layers of clothes.

b5stuff
06-15-2011, 01:01 AM
sorry if this should be in the blackbook thread:
how do you know when your done with keyboard style letters and ready to start with more complex styles?

dankbudz
06-15-2011, 01:08 AM
post something in the blackbook thread

..romero..
06-18-2011, 08:34 PM
sorry if this should be in the blackbook thread:
how do you know when your done with keyboard style letters and ready to start with more complex styles?

when your letters cease to suck ass...thats when you know you're ready. and if you have to ask its probably not the right time for you.

honestly, it just starts out with you adding serifs and whatnot to your letters, or curving the bars a bit to give it a bit more fluidity as opposed to just straight rigid letters, or maybe rotating the letters abit etc. you basically just figure shit out on your own. the more you do it, and the more graffiti you are exposed to the easier it is to manipulate letters and such. go slow and do it bit by bit, see what works and what doesnt, play with preportions etc.. just experiment with your shit fool, you'll get it eventually.

Phat 2
06-19-2011, 01:15 AM
my friend once put cans in a lunch kit he uses for school
are you mans in kindergarten? _o

"FrY"
06-24-2011, 02:34 PM
whats pizza box art?

Ace.K
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
whats pizza box art?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pizza+box+art

"FrY"
06-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh okay... thanks mate :)

nah!
06-26-2011, 02:28 PM
i'm kinda worried that if i do illegal graffiti that i could get busted through this site.

(i just sketch nuem and there is a writer in my city called nuem and i bite his shit all the time i even take pictures of his stuff and post it on the internet so everyone thinks ima hardcor graffiti person! :p)

.Cuore
06-26-2011, 02:42 PM
which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Ace.K
06-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Can a person who has the ability to do anything create a door that he cannot walk through?

H1P30N3R
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
what the fuck are you all talking about lol

nah!
06-26-2011, 03:31 PM

.Cuore
06-26-2011, 03:39 PM
^ hahahahhahahahahahhahahahaa.

Can a person who has the ability to do anything create a door that he cannot walk through?

http://operatorchan.org/cp/src/cp8061_mind%20blown.jpg

skinaone
06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
what are writers that arent toys but there not really good
like there not toys but there not kings
GET IT?

skinaone
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
i'm kinda worried that if i do illegal graffiti that i could get busted through this site.

(i just sketch nuem and there is a writer in my city called nuem and i bite his shit all the time i even take pictures of his stuff and post it on the internet so everyone thinks ima hardcor graffiti person! :p)

~~~~

o and will a female valve be able to connect to a male valve because i wanna fill up one of these\/

http://www.fhm.com/imgs/631/400/0/original/Full200908041759306763956_hangoverfixedsheader.jpg x
you are a horrible bitter hahahahaha

nah!
06-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

you are a horrible bitter hahahahaha

:rolleyes:

skinaone
06-26-2011, 04:10 PM
hahahahaha you finaly made me laught nah ahahahah

nah!
06-26-2011, 04:53 PM
no i mean intermediate is when your not a toy but your decent!!

http://www.bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26272&stc=1http://www.bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26272&stc=1http://www.bombingscience.com/graffitiforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26272&stc=1

extinct
06-27-2011, 10:27 PM
The next level up is every other writer... Then ye get fame through style or ups... How come tofe hasn't made any progress...

nah!
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM

I dont walk through doors, i pull them to one side then walk around them

Urbanosity Ltd.
06-28-2011, 10:31 AM
I dont walk through doors, i pull them to one side then walk around them yeah, but that doesn't leave an empty space there, the wall from where you pulled the door would fill it up.. wait, fuck it, if nah! wants to walk around the door, nah! fucking walks around the door

DaFugg
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
This thread is full of usefull information. I personally walk through a doorway. "he who walks through a door" is david motherfucking copperfield or something.

nah!
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
how would the wall fill it up???

manik00
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
hey just wondering if any of you can help me, im looking to start mixing inks and was wondering what you would recommend, i have grog h2b(black) and grog full metal (chrome) just want something nice and smooth and that will give good drips when wanted

Fury
06-30-2011, 01:29 PM
I've never used Grog, but uhh if you have two grog inks, don't you think that you'll get the same result either way?

Ace.K
06-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Hard to buff is ink. Full Metal is paint.

dankbudz
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM
ive seen some tags that look almost like tar, look very smooth, one was on the ground and another ive seen was on a poll and looks less smooth. i was wondering what this stuff is?

sifer-
07-02-2011, 09:41 PM
whats the best can and cap combo for tagging

Mc Satan
07-07-2011, 08:22 AM
graffiti scene is non existent here except for one guy that started doing some tag here recently, so i got no reference point or personal contact except what i see online and when i travel out of the country. Which leads me to my question, I've had my username as a real life nickname for years given to me by some friends, would that be to long of a name to start practicing tagging and throws?
everything on paper off course until i get decent hang of it.

also does my usual drawing style lend itself to graffiti translations or not? http://darkness-intwines.deviantart.com/gallery/

Strange Journeys
07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
if its a long time nickname that people would recognize you as, you probably shouldnt write it

Mc Satan
07-07-2011, 11:01 AM
i wouldnt say i'd be recognized with it its more of an inner circle of friends that gave it to me and know it.

Ace.K
07-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Unless your friends are gonna snitch on you it's fine.

Mc Satan
07-07-2011, 11:54 AM
nah wouldnt happen plus people that know me by that name don't live here anymore, plus graff culture is pretty much nonexistent here except for 1 guy whose tags ive seen here and there and 2 pieces. and about a year ago someone put up the obey andre the giant face everywhere. im pretty sure there isn't even a law against it unless i deface some monument

Phat 2
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
where do you live Mc Satan? remember that a tiny spark is all it takes to start a wild forest fire...
the graffiti scene over here was the same as yours only a few years ago, it's slowly starting to pick up with time.

and to the guy asking, the best can/cap combo in my opinion is any high pressure can (mtn hardcore for example) + a level 5 golden fat cap

Mc Satan
07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
aruba, ppl here go surfing or diving not graffiti :P

Phat 2
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
then it's your responsability to start the fire

Mc Satan
07-07-2011, 08:48 PM
which is why im here i know im worse than toy status but here to learn and practice,at least ive always had some decent drawing skills

on a sidenote think this design could work on a wall?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/214/c/a/basic_arithmatic_by_darkness_intwines.jpg

Phat 2
07-08-2011, 06:42 AM
it could if you realllly work on it.
and listen, take my advice and just sit there looking at photos of simple, straight letter pieces scattered across the forum and try doing stuff like em quietly on paper...
I don't mean any hate or diss here, but you gotta talk less, read and sketch more... look for the simples that are posted in the intermediate thread and see if you can do anything similar.

Mc Satan
07-08-2011, 07:56 AM
oh im not trying to move forward to fast this was just me wondering, for now.

ribcage
07-09-2011, 04:08 PM
take his advice, because the shit your doing now sucks, and it hasnt progressed much. To really start on the path of becoming a good artist you need to look and listen, yeah you can ask questions and what not here and there, but you really need to put in work and listen to the people who have already started from somewhere similar to where your starting... even if your not trying to "move that fast", if you produce shitty work and arent getting any better, different people on here are going to keep telling you the same exact shit and ultimately be very annoyed with you

I happen to think a high pressure can like tall rusto or a molotow tar black burner can with a pink dot is the bees knees. Fat thick lines for throws and major flares for hands, I dig it. Or also for handies I can digg a fuckin medium to low pressure can with a soft thin cap like a grey dot cause you can get some pretty sweet slow moving crisp controlled flares

Phat 2
07-09-2011, 06:07 PM
oh a tall rusto and a fat cap is an orgasm giver
I disagree with you on the skinny cap + low pressure can combo for the handies though... you need to have extra steady hands to pull off clean, flowing lines that way. I say high pressure + fat cap for all kinds of handstyles, bombs, throws...

nah!
07-09-2011, 06:26 PM
if i get a mixer cap(like on wd40) and cut the tube short so it looks like a needle cap will that work for a extinguisher cap?

ribcage
07-09-2011, 06:46 PM
^no probably not...

@phat its all about preference breh, I got my own hand down with a low pressure can and a thin, I just move as fast as would with a fat and put the can real close to the wall. It creates some soft ass flares. Most the time when you see flares the handies are usually pretty big in size, the softness lets you put small flared tags in small places. Idk tho man, you should play with it, you'll probably end up liking it:cool:

Saiko
07-09-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm trying to hit to this huge heaven spot, its visible from miles and has only been tagged once by a king. If i pull this off ill finally get the respect i deserve. My question is whats the best way to go about tagging it? What do i bring, what do i leave, what can,cap combo should i use??

ribcage
07-09-2011, 11:59 PM
oh you know, your gonna wanna bring some little axe cans filled up with paint and then a few female NY thins and bomb that shit bro

Phat 2
07-10-2011, 04:48 AM
well you know if there's some king's piece up there, I wouldn't wanna go over him. I wouldn't want some big head after my shit, ESPECIALLY if I stole one of his heaven spots. heaven spots are valuable

Saiko
07-10-2011, 11:02 AM
well you know if there's some king's piece up there, I wouldn't wanna go over him. I wouldn't want some big head after my shit, ESPECIALLY if I stole one of his heaven spots. heaven spots are valuable
It's actually a long abandoned train track.he did two clear outlines and a clear peice, but left lots of space. The reason why he's the only one to tagg it is because its about 75-100 ft in the air, and really,really old.

Baron
07-10-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm trying to hit to this huge heaven spot, its visible from miles and has only been tagged once by a king. If i pull this off ill finally get the respect i deserve. My question is whats the best way to go about tagging it? What do i bring, what do i leave, what can,cap combo should i use??

You realize that one tag doesn't give you respect that you deserve, right? Guessing by your basic question "the respect that you deserve" is still that of a toy, even if you hit that spot you'll still be a toy.

Saiko
07-10-2011, 07:34 PM
You realize that one tag doesn't give you respect that you deserve, right? Guessing by your basic question "the respect that you deserve" is still that of a toy, even if you hit that spot you'll still be a toy.
*sigh* I realize that. I realize that one H.S wont make me a king.I'm just trying tag somewhere that might just get me killed if i slip, and was hoping to get some advice from someone with experience.

ribcage
07-10-2011, 07:49 PM
so you wan die eh? There many more feasable and intelligent ways then to slip off something your tagging... Do something cooler like swan dive off that shit, or attempt to rob a bank and take as many people(preferably police; but thats personal prefrence) down with you as possible...

Saiko
07-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Thanks anyway, ill improvise.

Phat 2
07-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Next question

Mc Satan
07-11-2011, 09:36 AM
allright guys i need your votes, neses (or variation thereof) or phile (sounds like file)?

Ace.K
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
You're gonna like Neses better dude. I'm telling ya.

Mc Satan
07-11-2011, 11:10 AM
k i just want some votes to see what i have. on a completely unrelated note i just inked somethign im really really proud off. posting it in black book now

asgoodasitgets
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
so you wan die eh? There many more feasable and intelligent ways then to slip off something your tagging... Do something cooler like swan dive off that shit, or attempt to rob a bank and take as many people(preferably police; but thats personal prefrence) down with you as possible...
or fight a grizzly bear while on PCP

Mc Satan
07-11-2011, 01:35 PM
or fight a grizzly bear while on PCP

i want to see that!

Rasm
07-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Man, fuck asking other people what word you should write. Pick whichever one you like. Practice sketching and tagging both words a few times to find which one you like the flow and letters of more. I'll tell you right now that I wouldn't pick a word with two E's and two S's, but maybe that's just me.

DaFugg
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Gotta agree on that. I went through seven or eight names before I got one that stuck. Who knows how long ill even keep it.

Saiko
07-11-2011, 02:43 PM
or fight a grizzly bear while on PCPI've done that. Just without the pcp.

asgoodasitgets
07-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Legend. ^

Ace.K
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Hay guise. I smoked like 2 weeds and i'm so high. I'm so gangster.

OZON
07-11-2011, 03:36 PM
i really want a richard nixon mask so when i go bombing and the pigs chase me i can run and yell IM NOT A CROOK

UrbanNinja
07-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Hey guys i'm new here and this is my first one :). Im still working on my letters and tag. I would like to know more about legal walls. Are they like only for the very experienced? And from the pictures I see, there is no space, just covered in wonderful pieces. Is it ok if a super toy wrote on one of them legal walls?

Finally any tips for not getting caught? Ive setup a bunch of rules for me to follow like, dont write anything related to you, and if you write your tag then make it impossible to read, go to places where people wont go usually, like on top of roofs (I do Parkour too so I can reach there no problem), visit places a couple of times before going to spray, and, spray rarely. Also how to avoid beef, cause I hear it gets really violent. Im not into Graffiti completely, I want to use it to just tag locations where I train for Parkour nothing else and use legal walls to practice.

Mc Satan
07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
cant get any decent markers here unless i order them online in the meantime i did find a good quality set of watercolor pencils, considering usual graff work would it be better to get those orartist grade regular pencils?

Phat 2
07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
if you write your tag then make it impossible to read
don't do that
as a beginner you need to learn how to structure your letters. a BIG part of doing so is writing them in a clean, simple, and LEGIBLE way.
avoiding beef would be a good idea at first... later too, but it depends on what you want, and how your scene is. for example, my scene is whack and it gets uber boring and lonely at times here, so personally I'm a beef digger mostly.
also at first, you'd wanna go to places people dont go to, ie: chill spots... to practice and get good can control that is, but then you have to move out of the basement if you know what i mean and out into the open to get up in the most public, and most popular and busy spots possible.
scouting your spots ahead of time is always healthy. so good on that.

dont go over good pieces if you're not better then them, even if it's a legal wall. that's the rule.
dont look for beef if you don't have teeth strong enough to chew it.

that about sums it up

nah!
07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
i really want a richard nixon mask so when i go bombing and the pigs chase me i can run and yell IM NOT A CROOK

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Richard_Nixon,_official_bw_photo,_head_and_shoulde rs.jpg

cut eye holes

EWL24
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
lol, this is a great idea :D

UrbanNinja
07-13-2011, 01:11 AM
you'd wanna go to places people dont go to, ie: chill spots... to practice and get good can control that is

To tell you the truth im really scared of getting caught. So if id want to learn can control I would do it on a canvas.

I will try my best to stay legal.

What about not getting caught, any more rules to add?

Phat 2
07-13-2011, 01:39 AM
fuck legals son. legal writers are pussies
canvas is useless for your can flow. unless you get a lifesize canvas, that could work. remember that graffiti requires you to move your whole body, not just your hand/arm... yuo gotta dance wit it to get those real nice lines flowin
more on not getting caught: don't carry any identification on you. leave your wallet at home and only take some money in your pockets... probably wear something on your face if its a public spot. umm but mostly the number one rule to not getting caught is running quick, but you said you got that down. so.. cool :)
peace out yo

nah!
07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
ok so i found this abandoned place but there is a problem!!!

1st its next to a busy road

2nd its next to a racetrack and a casino

is it ok to paint?

the only other place i know is this big abandoned warehouse but its miles away

oh and maybe some spots under a big fuckoff bridge

Ace.K
07-13-2011, 08:45 PM
ok so i found this abandoned place but there is a problem!!!

1st its next to a busy road

2nd its next to a racetrack and a casino

is it ok to paint?

the only other place i know is this big abandoned warehouse but its miles away

oh and maybe some spots under a big fuckoff bridge

Inside or outside?

nah!
07-14-2011, 11:57 AM
hmm well its like a open space in the middle with big fuckoff piles of bricks and at the side closest to the road there is a small roof and on the far side there is a little place with a roof

also you can see in from the road side if you try

but the big fuckoff abandoned warehose is a big warehouse with a roof and a 2 story building and outside walls and a mini skatepark! :P

Ace.K
07-14-2011, 12:15 PM
hmm well its like a open space in the middle with big fuckoff piles of bricks and at the side closest to the road there is a small roof and on the far side there is a little place with a roof

also you can see in from the road side if you try

but the big fuckoff abandoned warehose is a big warehouse with a roof and a 2 story building and outside walls and a mini skatepark! :P

I didn't understand one bit of what I just read. Just say fuck it and bomb it if you want. Don't be scared.

nah!
07-14-2011, 02:15 PM
sometimes i dont understand waht i say

UrbanNinja
07-19-2011, 11:11 AM
OK another question. I'm looking at GROG markers, right now i'm gonna stick with markers until I get better with my letters. I see there are two types of refills, ink and metal paint. Can someone here explain the differences and which one can be used on what surface? I looked at the web and there's nothing graffiti specific.

extinct
07-19-2011, 11:41 AM
nah!... spend a day chillen with a friend in the spot... see if anything happens... if nothing... then its good

Ravid1
07-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Hey so I just came up on 20 cans of striping paint in my garage, anyone ever heard of or use it to paint? The difference is basically using a chiseled tip compared to a straight point. Ive been practicin a couple throws with it and since it has a straight chiseled spray it fills way faster and more area only problem is outlines and details. the cans are also larger so they hold more. I feel like I could do some sick fast throws if I just learned to can control with em or if anything just replace the tips.

aaesoo
07-22-2011, 05:56 AM
@ravid1 are the cans Krylon? cause i heard with those ones you can take a knife and do something to the chisel cap and make the spray round. youtube it or something it's pretty simple i think.

in terms of blackbooks what exactly makes something a 'freestyle'? like i know if you do a piece in pencil then go over it in pen it's not a freestyle but would it be if you just did it in pen/pencil?

Phat 2
07-22-2011, 06:07 AM
I'd say a freestyle is when you don't correct a piece you've drawn. whatever your first lines were, if you keep them, that's a freestyle. that's what I think my definition of it is

drakola_hack
07-24-2011, 06:22 PM
i stay 3days search in this book in google to download it and in to now icant find it can some one help me plz or send me acopy of here book the name of book GRAFF: The Art & Technique of Graffiti
plz someone help me

Strange Journeys
07-24-2011, 06:22 PM
what

drakola_hack
07-24-2011, 06:40 PM
how can i find this fuking book ( GRAFF: The Art & Technique of Graffiti)

AsuraX
07-24-2011, 10:52 PM
how can i find this fuking book ( GRAFF: The Art & Technique of Graffiti)
Barnes and Noble or Amazon