PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113

walkwiththelion
07-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Is there a logical progression of things as far as learning goes? Like first you leanr handy's and tags, then you learn simps, then throw ups and eventually pieces? Just askin'.

proNYNJA
07-10-2009, 09:03 PM
yes, but i went backwords, i first learned simps, then i learned handys and last my throwie, still dont know howda make a decent piece though

zenne
07-11-2009, 01:54 AM
take it a day later with ur bulky pro camera during the day, and if someone questions you just say i like graffiti art so im taking pictures of it.

if anyone asks you anything, tell them to shut the fuck up and mind their own business. your not doing anything illegal. and hah, i would totally jack paint if i saw little kids bombing around here. im 6'2'', 200 pounds, so i got shit made for me lol.

proNYNJA
07-12-2009, 02:49 PM
when i went to my local graff shop yesterday, i saw a fucking 4th grader buying paint, thats about the only person i could jack paint from xD

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-12-2009, 03:08 PM
youd steal from a 9 year old??? your a dick.

proNYNJA
07-12-2009, 03:11 PM
no i havent seen any nine year olds, im just saying that a 9 year old will be the only person i could probley jack paint from with phailing epicly, becuz im a small dude.

JustChillin
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
nynja do u go to The Basement?

EGO31
07-12-2009, 10:25 PM
just wanted to see what you guys do when you take pics of stuff.
depressed? :confused:

depressed tht you had to ask that question. Photography is not illegal. Surely the thought of taking flicks the next day, is not an absurd concept. Logic people, logic.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-12-2009, 10:32 PM
its not but it can be rather suspicsious if a cop or someone sees your ass...................

RhodeIsland
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
when i went to my local graff shop yesterday, i saw a fucking 4th grader buying paint, thats about the only person i could jack paint from xD

Im a small kid n i've still robbed paint from people bigger than me, just use a blade, meet some Dominicans they can get you machettes.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
guns work muuuch better...if im gonna rob you im not just gonna take your paint..im also gonna take your wallet,your watch,your coat and your shoes...i wear 11.5.but i dont usually do it unless i have beef with them.theres only a few cats that paint here anyways.

walkwiththelion
07-13-2009, 12:45 AM
do they make a graff magazine you can subscribe to, bout the only way ima see decent graff around this town.

BigBlueViolence
07-13-2009, 12:49 AM
day in the lyfe has subscriptions, I think.

PYT!TLC!
07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
depressed tht you had to ask that question. Photography is not illegal. Surely the thought of taking flicks the next day, is not an absurd concept. Logic people, logic.

I guess i was just paranoid. You don't see a kid with a camera taking pictures of dumpsters and walls around my town very much though. =/

JustChillin
07-13-2009, 02:08 AM
Im a 4'9 fat white kid. My homies say my name should be Muffin but they just trippin. I got bitches on lock where I live. I rob paint from anyone I dont care. They know not to fuck with me because Im the hook up where I live. I got everything from butterfly knives to ak 47. I go hardcore when I write cus its all I got my trikkas.
:D

zenne
07-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Im liek s0 h4rdc0r3 guise.

fix'd.

you can subscribe to juxtapoze, but thats like minimal graff, mostly street art stuff.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-13-2009, 04:35 AM
jux gots some pretty interesting stuff outside of graff.i like it...

proNYNJA
07-13-2009, 06:05 AM
well probley if i do rob paint its either gunna be 4rm home depot or i'll run up onto a guy while hes painting grab his cans and book.

and JustChilln, i dont go to the basement becuz they dont sell paint to a minor unless your like a regular customer. there is a shop like a block 4rm me where all the cholos in my area kick it at and they dont give a fuck so they be selling paint to anyone that walks in. they only sell ironlak, mtn hardcore, and mtn 94 cans at the spot i go to buy paint so im probley gunna start going to the basement to get like mtn gold, and belton cans. the one problem is, i dont know where the fuck the basement's at. xD

zenne
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
jux gots some pretty interesting stuff outside of graff.i like it...

yeah, its one of my favorite magazines. they have a really wide range of art.

SilverEra
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Anyone use Paint shop pro 9 or anything other then photoshop for stencils? I cant find the any options for the black/white or does anyone know any filters/options? asdfl;llkkk im soooo lost.

JustChillin
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
well probley if i do rob paint its either gunna be 4rm home depot or i'll run up onto a guy while hes painting grab his cans and book.

and JustChilln, i dont go to the basement becuz they dont sell paint to a minor unless your like a regular customer. there is a shop like a block 4rm me where all the cholos in my area kick it at and they dont give a fuck so they be selling paint to anyone that walks in. they only sell ironlak, mtn hardcore, and mtn 94 cans at the spot i go to buy paint so im probley gunna start going to the basement to get like mtn gold, and belton cans. the one problem is, i dont know where the fuck the basement's at. xDits on ventura blvd in sherman oaks.
www.basementlosangeles.com/
so then do u go to 33thrids or Maintain? Im just trying to find out cus I need to find a closer shop. So far all of them i found I have to take a bus and bust a mission to go to.

medacog1
07-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Making things flow is so hard...like around my Town their is a writer(he write jones, or Jonas) whoes been writing for like 13 years (more or less),and he still does tags around my town. and after seeing how they flow so good, ive been trying to get mine to flow....but it doesnt work....is it just the name i wirite (TONIK) or is it possible to make anything flow?

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-14-2009, 01:01 AM
it jus takes practice dude.keep working on your letters.i posted shit in the progression thread of my shit from like a year back.and yeah it was fucking horrible.from what you said jones has been writing 13 somethin years.it all takes time.

http://i30.tinypic.com/24vmpfp.jpg

BigBlueViolence
07-14-2009, 01:21 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/ei1qtf.jpg

medacog1
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Dude man i just looked at this...thanks for doing my name..but i dont think i could be quick enough to have a style like that..

JustChillin
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
When you battle someone who decides who wins? (In the real graffiti world, not bombingscience)

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-15-2009, 10:10 PM
usually a 3rd party who isnt in either crew of the people who are battling(if their from different crews of course).a neutral person who's been around a while and knows whats up basicly.

proNYNJA
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
just chilln get some1 thats like a veteran writer that isn't biased towards one person.
and i don't know any stores in burbank, just ask the people you go mobbin wit where they get their supplies. otherwise just rush the home depot spray paint section and rush out.

Fear Itself
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
i was using 3 montana hardcore cans and all 3 leaked a fuckload, and my ny thins wouldt even fit, but anyway, anybody want to pm me with what i did wrong to make them leak alot. thanks

imaDOPE1
07-16-2009, 11:06 PM
its not what you did wrong. the cnas were shit or you were using the same cap that was fucked on all the cans.

medacog1
07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Well i was going for a walk along time ago and i saw a tag with a pentell, but it wasn't just his name but like a story..it was an apology to his Ex girlfriend but like it had his whole handstyle in it like every letter went with every letter.. but does anyone else have anything up that tells a story like that?

Azul
07-18-2009, 10:05 PM
what in your experience is the hardest staining ink recipe?

KelisOne
07-18-2009, 10:25 PM
Any tips on how to colour neatly? I've already seen that post on the first page but just need some more indepth tips.

Facedorateur
07-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Depends on the kind of paint u use, you might want to do 2 layers of shitty paint to have a nice coloration.

Also

I got sprayed by a skunk while tagging in a high grass area, so my question is, how do i get the smell out?

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM
tomato sauce should do the trick.you should bathe yourself in it.do you have a olive garden or a valentinos near by?they always have a pretty good stash of the stuff.ragu quality and up...

LeaksOne
07-20-2009, 02:46 AM
tomato paste.

fixed

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-20-2009, 02:48 AM
dont question romero niggha.for he is always right.

LeaksOne
07-20-2009, 02:50 AM
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-january/bow_down.gif
forgive me o mighty mero

but on a serious tip i did that before you changed juice to sauce. sauce or paste should work just fine. sauce is less expensive

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-20-2009, 03:22 AM
http://themoderatevoice.com/wordpress-engine/files/2009-january/bow_down.gif
forgive me o mighty mero

your penance shall be 30 days in solitary confinement in hellgate or until i find something more creative to do with you...

Facedorateur
07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys, it worked pretty good (my family made me sleep outside tho)

JustChillin
07-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I want to start racking up on paint. Theres the place in my city thats like a home mom and pop shop version of home depot. It doesnt have any cameras. But when I walk in the 1 cash register desk is right there by the sliding door. It is summer like 100 degrees so its not like I can walk in with a jacket because that would seem pretty suspicious. At the same time so is a kid walking in by himself with a backpack. what should I do? Are there any other ways?

BigBlueViolence
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
You're the maniac, *****.
You figger it out.

Mr yarbles
07-21-2009, 12:44 AM
robbing a mom and pop store blind is just kinda cold hearted imo

JustChillin
07-21-2009, 12:48 AM
real answers please. If your just gonna post some smart ass remark dont post at all.

Mr yarbles
07-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Fuck you I wasn't makin a smart ass remark you stupid shit
If you need fucking help on how to shoplift you're the fucking stupid one shit
Can't anyone do shit for themselves anymore?

I mean shit go in there and beltline 2 or 3 fucking cans that's about the only way.

JustChillin
07-21-2009, 01:50 AM
i was referring to bigblue, not you, so relax alittle.

CrustOner
07-21-2009, 02:08 AM
where do you live, JustChillin?

BigBlueViolence
07-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey "maniak",
if you didn't ask skull numbingly stupid questions,
I wouldn't give you smart ass answers.

JustChillin
07-21-2009, 03:02 PM
where do you live, JustChillin?san fernando valley

BomberJordan
07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know where i could get caps from? I'm not talking about on the internet or anything, im not trying to have anything sent to my house. i just want to be able to walk into a store and buy them. Any stores have them on long island??? If not i guess i could go to the city, but even then what store is the best?

proNYNJA
07-21-2009, 11:36 PM
maniak, wear a backpack, half of the san fernando valley goes the summer school, scartch that, half of L.A. just don't get caught stealing, and if u do, RUN!

BomberJordan, ask around like the guys that you mobbing with and such, or people u know that write, if u dont know anyone, go to the Long Island picture thread and PM a dude that post in that thread and ask him if he knows.

now for my problem: okay my dad found my paint and threw it out, i was amazed he didnt kick my ass but still, thats like $30-$50 of paint he threw out but im not gunna stop bombing, whats some paint thats, great for bombing, but cheap?

SrsBizns
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
I just get the rusto kind at OSH for like $2 a can. works for me.

JustChillin
07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I dont think your gonna find CHEAP paint that is great for bombing. your osh and krylon cans are cheap but really shitty and should only be good for tagging but if u use em to bomb then whatever it wont be the best but it still gets the job done.

PYT!TLC!
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
bomberjordan - I live in the picture-perfect suburbs, so i can't really help you with this. but if you look around walls and shit where lots of graff goes down, i've heard that there might be caps on the ground. but nynja's idea is good so maybe you can try that.

pronynja - rusto goes for like 2.50 at my local home-depot. colorplace is cheap i think too.

my question might be skull-numbfuckingly stupid, but my mom found out more about my graff antics, and she's really close with her co-workers. so she asks one of co-workers about it, and apparently one of them knows a graffiti muralist.
my mom calls the graffiti muralist up for a small conversation, and tells a little about me. he said that i should practice in my backyard for awhile before i touch any walls, and he also said to not get arrested to my mom.

this made for a shockingly awkward conversation with my mother. should i be really fucking happy that a muralist gave me advice, or really fucking nervous that my mom knows that i might be illegaly doing shit and totally fuck me up?

quip
07-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Ha, dude you seem to be asking a question that only you have the answer to...

MY situation is that my mom knows of my writing, but not that I am doing anything illegal... She is under the impression that I make stickers only for shipping out to other people.

But... take the muralist's advice in practicing a ton and when you do decide to take to the streets... do so in places where your mother would NEVER come across... if your mom is the type to kill you if she finds your scribblings

JustChillin
07-22-2009, 03:10 AM
PYT i would take advantage of this. Your mom seems to be cool with it, shes just concerned if your taking your graff out into the streets. If shes supporting you then convince her to buy you cans therefore you can practice in your backyard (like the muralist said) and then save some cans on the side for when you want to go bombing. I dont know if your the one to lie to your mom and tell her your not doing it illegally.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
real answers please. If your just gonna post some smart ass remark dont post at all.

just fucking do it.you dont need help from internet people.you need to go out and do it.if it has no cameras and no sensors then you should be cool.and if they try to stop you just run or walk out depending if they try to grab you or not.and dont take any more that 4 or 5 cans at a time.any more and they get suspicious and might put in even more cameras.also a bookbag is a dumb idea.like woah.

JustChillin
07-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Ok well i racked my first can. I could only get one though cus i already looked weird enough with one bulging through my shirt. :/

What do you do if you accidently go over some ones tag with your throw? I did this the other day but i went over a highly respected writer i dont know if he would get mad or not cus it was his tag.

Eon 1
07-22-2009, 11:05 PM
If it was a tag they most likley wont get mad but if it was a piece that he threw up then uoi will most likley have beef..
But overall it depends on how the writer is...some people might get mad..
Im just saying I wouldn't care is someone went over a tag of mine...but thats just how I am..

medacog1
07-23-2009, 12:05 AM
I dont know dude... if someone went over my tag i would go over all their tags in town.......but what do you guys think of white tags?
i really dont like the color....but my friend gave me a can of rusto.
And has anyone ever heard of NSF crew?
I saw a tag in my town

SrsBizns
07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
white tags are fine..

CrustOner
07-23-2009, 01:27 AM
are you joking? JustChillin did a throwie? hold on, let me go vomit.

alright, back.

Listen kids. If a person goes over your tag, you need to fuckin' chill. it's really not a big deal. Just do yours again. Now if it was a piece, or a well-done throwie, then that's a difference. But since it's just a tag, don't worry about it.

EDIT: I changed my name to Dpenz, Depends, etc. Thoughts?

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-23-2009, 02:46 AM
to answer chillins question it all depends on if he feels disrespected or not.im not really trippin if one of my tags gets gone over but if i think that person is trying to dis me regardless of what he uses to go over me,wether a tag,a throw or whatever, im gonna be pissed.but you might have beef.if you cant burn it dont touch it.

SilverEra
07-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Does anyone know where i could get caps from? I'm not talking about on the internet or anything, im not trying to have anything sent to my house. i just want to be able to walk into a store and buy them. Any stores have them on long island??? If not i guess i could go to the city, but even then what store is the best?

In some arts crafts stores / sections, look for the adhesive spray glue or whatever they're called, [they have a cap with a orange part where the spray comes out] they're resto fats. It helps whenever you go to a store you look for it, I used to get like 20 a week from various stores i'd find myself at.

If I remember the name ill look up a pic and post it on here.
Here's one of em, just look for any spray adhesive, if the caps orange just take it lol
http://i25.tinypic.com/33e7jgj.jpg
Look for these.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb182/B-RENT187/rusto_fat_caps_s.jpg

graffboyz
07-23-2009, 08:34 AM
allright i have a major question , im part of a few graff forums and they all say " the only way to get a good letter is to start from a keyboard letter at first" i mean say in the 1950's up to the 80 - 90's who came up with this idea of doing keyboard letters in the first place?
before the internet how did the pros get good letters?
(im just wondering why everyone says do key board letters first to get dope letters and what happens after you do dope keyboard letters whats the next step?)

proNYNJA
07-23-2009, 08:52 AM
you do keyboard letters so you learn about bars and proportions, chances are backing when they didnt have keyboard letters they looked at how the stock letters were shaped.

after u learn how to do proper bars and proportions the next step is to start bending the letters and shit so it starts looking less like keyboard letters and more like graff letters. but then again some people can do pretty tight bombs wit stock letters.

medacog1
07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
how do i go further with my handy? like anyone who saw my name in the toytag section ?
My letters are just TONIK but a little slanted. but how do i go further with it?

graffboyz
07-23-2009, 09:22 AM
you do keyboard letters so you learn about bars and proportions, chances are backing when they didnt have keyboard letters they looked at how the stock letters were shaped.

after u learn how to do proper bars and proportions the next step is to start bending the letters and shit so it starts looking less like keyboard letters and more like graff letters. but then again some people can do pretty tight bombs wit stock letters.

ok thanks anotherthing is when will i know how to start bending the letters?

quip
07-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I changed my name to Dpenz, Depends, etc. Thoughts?

Like the adult diaper? Yeah dude that's sweet
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/Prime8Graffiti/adultdiapers.jpg

slipyslipyslipymegeee
07-23-2009, 10:03 AM
In some arts crafts stores / sections, look for the adhesive spray glue or whatever they're called, [they have a cap with a orange part where the spray comes out] they're resto fats. It helps whenever you go to a store you look for it, I used to get like 20 a week from various stores i'd find myself at.

If I remember the name ill look up a pic and post it on here.
Here's one of em, just look for any spray adhesive, if the caps orange just take it lol
http://i25.tinypic.com/33e7jgj.jpg
Look for these.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb182/B-RENT187/rusto_fat_caps_s.jpg

thats a stock fat cap and you cant do flares with tose as clean as it would from real rusto fat ive tried it out before the small elmers cans with the small cover has the best cap=]

CrustOner
07-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Like the adult diaper? Yeah dude that's sweet
http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv53/Prime8Graffiti/adultdiapers.jpg

i know. :( that's the only downside about it.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-23-2009, 03:16 PM
allright i have a major question , im part of a few graff forums and they all say " the only way to get a good letter is to start from a keyboard letter at first" i mean say in the 1950's up to the 80 - 90's who came up with this idea of doing keyboard letters in the first place?
(im just wondering why everyone says do key board letters first to get dope letters and what happens after you do dope keyboard letters whats the next step?)

store signs,out of caligraphy books and lettering books,comics,other writers stuff.subway art....i mean whereever.you get alot of inspiration from all types of letters.i get alot of inspiration from caligraphy.thats how i got into graffiti in the first place.

proNYNJA
07-23-2009, 04:09 PM
i was into graffiti in 5th grade. ever since then ive been sketching on paper different types of bombs, i never really started doing major shit like bombing, and tagging the city till like middle of 8th grade.

anyways, erm you start bending the letters when 1) some random guy that writes sees your simps and thinks u can do better, or 2) u post them on these forums and we say u can do better

LeaksOne
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM

some of the first graffiti writers got the style and letters from comic books so thats how everything came to be

TrandomnesstwO
07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
The pic with the adult diaper freaks me out.

Epoc
07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/PaintStains/SpecialtyPaints/PRD~0481042P/Krylon%2BDecorative%2BInterior%2B%252B%2BExterior% 2BPaint%252C%2BAerosol.jsp
this is this right?
http://www.nerd-music.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/krylon2.jpg

W_G_O_N_E
07-23-2009, 05:22 PM
what do you guys mean by keyboard just like the keyboard i'm typing on or what?

quip
07-23-2009, 05:48 PM
The pic with the adult diaper freaks me out.

Ha ha sorry dude

BomberJordan
07-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Thanks alot man, ima deffinatley try that out and keep my eyes open next time i'm at a store. I like the krylon tips for fill in's but i never know what angle to put them at when i'm just outlining, thats what i rly want the caps for

slipyslipyslipymegeee
07-23-2009, 07:12 PM
um dose someone want to help me with etch im scared of it

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-23-2009, 08:18 PM
if your scared dont use it.simple as that.i dont use it...im not into tags that way.especially something as destructive as etch...but if your gonna use it jus remember to never do anyting above eye level.ever.

edit:its mad illegal btw.dont get caugh with it ever and make sure you dont get it on your skin.3rd degree burns..god help you if that shit breaks in your pants and gets on your dick or something.plus its just a dickmove.they have to replace the whole window if you use that shit.and windows cost something like 500-2500 dollars.well inside the felony range in damages.plus alot of cities have laws against just carrying it.personally its just not worth the risk of using it for some tags that will themselves eventually be replaced...what i would do is just sell that shit to some dumb kid for money for paint.id rather get up with throws and straights and shit instead of a window tag...

EST2007
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
thats a stock fat cap and you cant do flares with tose as clean as it would from real rusto fat ive tried it out before the small elmers cans with the small cover has the best cap=]

dude its all the same cap.. and yes you CAN flare with them.

slipyslipyslipymegeee
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
thanks mero i got to bottles ill just keep a lil just for fun sumties plus we have trains so yea sell the big botle what would you sell it for? 22 oz?

JustChillin
07-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I actually got some pretty fat caps off the elmers adhesive spray. They were great for filling in my throws.

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww141/Davon2093/0723091835.jpg

slipyslipyslipymegeee
07-23-2009, 10:20 PM
see! thats what im talking about thsoe osne there they arebetter than the orange dot shit

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-23-2009, 11:54 PM
thanks mero i got to bottles ill just keep a lil just for fun sumties plus we have trains so yea sell the big botle what would you sell it for? 22 oz?

look up the prices online.i think 16oz worth is anywhere from 20-25 bucks so about 5 cans worth about...depending on how much you have and how stupid the kid is.me id never use the stuff...maybe if he's a hard sell id get a few markers or something...unless you bought that shit...

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
if you stole it its all profit sell it for whatever you want.

medacog1
07-24-2009, 03:40 AM
http://i29.tinypic.com/2enw968.jpg

Has anyone used anyof these?

Speedy
07-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Those are great on rust.

medacog1
07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
but also like on USPS box's, and metl doors and glass windows.

JustChillin
07-24-2009, 03:36 PM
why do you need so many of the same caps? Cant you just use one cap over and over again?

BigBlueViolence
07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Yeah, until it clogs up.
Buying multiple caps is a long term investment

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
duh.he obviously doesnt get up much...

JustChillin
07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
your right i dont..just started using my cans.

BomberJordan
07-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Hey, does anyone know any tips for sound proofing my backpack. when i go out at night to write i park my car somewhere generic and then walk to some shady spots but my cans always make noise. I read about putting magnets on the bottom of the cans to stop the bead from moving inside it. but are there any other lil hints you got?

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-24-2009, 07:24 PM
dont use a backpack.its mad suspect.i use like a regular grocery bag,double down.try not to move the cans to much is the best thing.colorplace seems to clack the most.magnets only work if the balls inside the can are metal and usually there not.usually their just marbles...you best bet is maybe wrapping them in a shirt or something like that or maybe a tubesock or two.the main thing is to not have them move around alot...i really dont have that problem to often idk i guess i just dont move my cans too much.if you keep them upright the whole time that should help too if the balls are shifting.the cans making noise is the least of your problems..no ones gonna know unless their like right next to you...and if a cop sees you with a bookbag he's gonna check it regardless of it theres cans in it or not.so dont trip on it too much.just keep them upright and try to stop them form moving.and if you have to wrap em up in a shirt or something...

Loki X Sho
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
i can just carry a huge ass stylish hand bag...having a vagina rawwwks

TheMurderousMisterMero_
07-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Dicks everywhere!!!!!

BigBlueViolence
07-25-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey Loki,
have you ever stuck anything graffiti related in your vagina/anus for sexual pleasure?
marker? can? fire extinguisher?

SrsBizns
07-25-2009, 01:33 AM
I did a fire extinguisher once. in the pooper.

BigBlueViolence
07-25-2009, 01:39 AM
That's fucking nasty man, which end first?
I mean, one is big as hell, and the other one is just unpleasant looking.

SrsBizns
07-25-2009, 01:45 AM
sideways.

proNYNJA
07-25-2009, 11:34 PM
^^?!WHAT DA FUCK!? ^^
thats worse then 1guy1jar >.<

anyways, erm, whut do you do to make the color fade, like fade from one color to another?

Xx 1 3i 3i 7
07-26-2009, 01:05 AM
im a nub helpp

k'n1ve
07-26-2009, 02:35 AM
sideways.

i fuckin lol'd

medacog1
07-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Pentel 100ws doesn have a pump system...ad like ami supposed to write gentel to keep thenip pointy. or should i just write however way..even though the nib might squish..?
and can someone give me pointers on how to use it?

JustChillin
07-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Why do i have to add Dot 3 into my ink? Do i really have to use dot3? or can I use any other brake fluid?

BigBlueViolence
07-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Don't put brake fluid in anything,
it doesn't help enough to matter.

Mr yarbles
07-26-2009, 10:33 PM
It's just another youtube myth

but do put some koolaid in
Smells delicious and stains jus a bit harder

JustChillin
07-26-2009, 10:38 PM
just the koolaid powder how much kooliad?

weakfingers
07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
^^?!WHAT DA FUCK!? ^^
thats worse then 1guy1jar >.<

anyways, erm, whut do you do to make the color fade, like fade from one color to another?

Where the two colours meet take the can and while still holding the cap down move it onto the other colour while pulling away from the wall and that will give you a basic fade. Its just shading..

Mr yarbles
07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I'd guess just to pour a shit load of koolaid powder would probably work..

There's no proof it actually stains better but it's amazing for catching mop tags on a bus with hardcore ink cus it'll smell delicious

JustChillin
07-27-2009, 05:37 PM
is there any shit that can actually really thicken the ink?

PYT!TLC!
07-27-2009, 06:05 PM
well I think GROG has tar in it to make it a bit thicker, but for homemade ink i wouldn't know.

maybe you could check this out to help you along:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thickening_agent

walkwiththelion
07-27-2009, 11:16 PM
is there a legend that writes ulcer? I dont care if some random person does, just an established graffiti artist. Lots of people all have the same name. I have been working on the name for a while and never thought to ask.

LeaksOne
07-27-2009, 11:32 PM
well I think GROG has tar in it to make it a bit thicker, but for homemade ink i wouldn't know.

myth! my grog is kinda watery

PYT!TLC!
07-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Oh nah it wasn't grog that i was thinking about. It was the molotow masterpiece ink haha.
And the tar makes the ink only that much thicker, just for coverage.

Mr yarbles
07-28-2009, 03:24 PM
is there a legend that writes ulcer? I dont care if some random person does, just an established graffiti artist. Lots of people all have the same name. I have been working on the name for a while and never thought to ask.

Jus go search flickr
If there's a good writer writing your name he's gonna have some shit on flickr.

walkwiththelion
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
There's one guys stuff who comes up, but i dont like any of his stuff and we are on oppsite ends of the country, plus i been workin on ths hard, so im'a keep doing it.

massacreman
07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
not that i know of, after 1 year of intense graffiti

graffboyz
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM
how do i study graffiti to get better what things should i study?

Queezy
07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Go on a walk around your are and see whos actually putting in work, don't beef with people better than you. Don't tell everyone you write. Practice Practice Practice. Maybe purchase a couple key graff books, and watch these videos all the way through on the real.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTA4NzkyOTY=.html
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3431856308290741123&ei=nFhwSsXUBIzYqAP-wMiqDw&q=Infamy&emb=1&dur=3

graffboyz
07-29-2009, 01:09 PM
thanks and i really like the infamy vid but ive seen style wars like a billion times lol
what would you do if theres no graff in your area?
the police are strict around here

medacog1
07-29-2009, 03:29 PM
What do you guys think og the name POLAR, POLR.PR

JustChillin
07-29-2009, 03:33 PM
sounds cool. If you like the name then write it. who cares what we think of it.

medacog1
07-29-2009, 03:34 PM
YEA I Know..but letter play sucks....and im trying to find good flowing letters

JustChillin
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Well then if you know the letter flow sucks then dont use it and move on lol. If its what you really want to write then try to MAKE it flow. at the same time though dont choose a name you dont like just because it has good letter flow.

proNYNJA
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
thanks and i really like the infamy vid but ive seen style wars like a billion times lol
what would you do if theres no graff in your area?
the police are strict around here

watch graff movies, read a graff book.
and if there really isnt any graff in ur area its gunna be harder to get ur supplies.

CrustOner
07-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Seriously you guys. Try the name OWNR. it has the best flow of all time.. my homie writes it. I wish I had thought of it before him. :(

Loki X Sho
07-29-2009, 07:28 PM
What do you guys think og the name POLAR, POLR.PR

someone here writes it

graffboyz
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
watch graff movies, read a graff book.
and if there really isnt any graff in ur area its gunna be harder to get ur supplies.

yh i do that , but i just order my supplies online

Eon 1
07-30-2009, 07:32 PM
whats the best way to learn how to draw wildstyle letters.

PYT!TLC!
07-30-2009, 07:41 PM
^use bars, then add/remove/alter your bars slowly and gradually. don't go crazy with your extensions at first. then wildstyle letters will come more easily for you.

although i don't have any experience with wildstyle letters, i think that's what you should do lol.

Eon 1
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
^^ thanks I will take it into consideration..ya every time I try to draw wildstyle I always put to many extensions.

joker954
07-31-2009, 10:36 PM
i just got armour etch
can u make that into etch fluid used on windows and shit

Darko
08-01-2009, 04:26 AM
other than Ace hardware / chain hardware stores

where are some places i can buy cans as a minor? or actual graffiti markers, cans and ink like OTRs, Grog, Montana ect.
without having to buy them online?

JustChillin
08-01-2009, 04:48 AM
darko post you tag in the Toy Tags section of the forum and youll get critique there.

And buying paint when your a minor.. you could maybe do that at any local graffiti shop there if your cool with the guys and hang around the shop.

I know at swap meets and flea markets, this mexican lady was willing to sell me deco paint markers but too bad i didnt have any money

Seriously if you really want to get ahold of paint the easiest thing to do is just rack your cans from local hardware stores.

klic
08-01-2009, 06:12 PM
^^ thanks I will take it into consideration..ya every time I try to draw wildstyle I always put to many extensions.

you shouldnt be doing wildstyle

other than Ace hardware / chain hardware stores

where are some places i can buy cans as a minor?

Canada bitch

my question.. my dad recently found out i write and hes really supportive of it and he said hed be willing to set up a wall for me in the backyard to practice. whats the best/cheapest way to go about this, just get a bunch of large pieces of plywood or what?

LeaksOne
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
go to your local hardware store and find the cheapest plywood. around my area you can find it for 5 somethin

Darko
08-01-2009, 06:32 PM
you shouldnt be doing wildstyle

Canada bitch

my question.. my dad recently found out i write and hes really supportive of it and he said hed be willing to set up a wall for me in the backyard to practice. whats the best/cheapest way to go about this, just get a bunch of large pieces of plywood or what?

order a shitload of free cardboard boxes from USPS or somthing

klic
08-01-2009, 06:37 PM
im not from the US

and thanks for the help leaks

how much am i looking at spending for like 7'x16' of the cheapest plywood you can get?

returned
08-01-2009, 06:39 PM
im not from the US

how much am i looking at spending for like 7'x16' of the cheapest plywood you can get?

before you go racking at like home depot or lowes, look around at prices

LeaksOne
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
im not from the US

7x16?? thats hella big. the standard size is 4x8 so two of those depending on your prices up there should run you about 12 bucks

cds_dogg665544
08-01-2009, 06:43 PM
^^
make shure you paint it with bucket paint first else it wont drip at all making you can control skills not improve and the paint will not show up well

LeaksOne
08-01-2009, 06:46 PM
kilz primer

neb3636
08-01-2009, 06:54 PM
partical board is cheaper. Also paint it with bucket paint first so it dosent eat all your spray paint. (absorb it)

LeaksOne
08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
ok klic ultimate answer. ive seen 5 dollar 4x8 plywood in my area duno bout yours. i dont really kno about particle board but two sheets should be about 12 bucks and your guna need primer so the wood wont suck up your paint ive heard kilz has like the best primer but anything should work. other then that enjoy your practice space

Eon 1
08-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Partical board is cheaper but I reccomend using plywood..I have partical board and plywood and plywood is way better..

klic
08-01-2009, 10:37 PM
alright thanks guys. another question, are there any cheaper custom sticker makers than stickerguy.com ? he seems to have the lowest prices out of all the sites ive visited

facethetruth
08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
look some more you lazy fuck.

Crush97
08-02-2009, 11:07 PM
try printing presses or some graphic printing sites try yellow pages if u hav dat in canada

dreaken1993
08-02-2009, 11:12 PM
how the hell i do a fill with an open first letter

Eon 1
08-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Hey can someone help me pick a theme to draw behing my graff. I can't really think of one so I was wondering if someone could give me an idea.

Darko
08-03-2009, 04:26 AM
Hey can someone help me pick a theme to draw behing my graff. I can't really think of one so I was wondering if someone could give me an idea.

if i wrote Neat then id have like some rich guy as a mascot or a angel or somthing

Darko
08-03-2009, 04:26 AM
sorry, double post

sevewon
08-03-2009, 05:10 AM
whats the best way to learn how to draw wildstyle letters.

I dont think theres one person in the world who can answer that question. The best way is practice, practice, practice. Weather it be the fog in the window of the car, concrete about to dry, whatever, make it a habit to constantly practice your handstyle on every serface you get your hands on. Handstyles will always continue to be a true representation on your inner style, unlike graffiti 3d lettering, its always possible for no one to be able to cap your handstyle. Reason being is because that my friend, is truely one of the most original part or any graffiti artist's work that no one can take from you.

Scratch
08-03-2009, 05:15 AM
how the hell i do a fill with an open first letter

fades. if youre talking about open as in the lines dont meet, then fade the fill color by misting more and more as you get towards the open part until eventually the paint is barely even hitting the wall.

dreaken1993
08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
fades. if youre talking about open as in the lines dont meet, then fade the fill color by misting more and more as you get towards the open part until eventually the paint is barely even hitting the wall.

aight thanks

Darko
08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
when im drawing on paper with sharpies, how do i get to colors to fade?
like red to orange to yellow or just like a black to white?

Eon 1
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks sevewon. You put that in a very good perspective.

Darko
08-03-2009, 10:20 PM
when im drawing on paper with sharpies, how do i get to colors to fade?
like red to orange to yellow or just like a black to white?

bbump

Scratch
08-04-2009, 02:09 AM
marker and color fades not with paint are a tricky subject. i'm not even that good at them, but i know basically how to do it.

say youre coloring your piece with a blue to grey fade like i did here

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/slaphousekids/SL730162.jpg

First, I started with the top and colored blue downwards. You should work quickly, cause the colors blend the best while wet. once you reach the point where they meet, you use the grey and "push" into the blue. there really isnt any better way to describe that than with the word push.

To even out the fade, go back with the blue, then maybe again with the grey, etc etc etc.

Legit, the best way to figure it out is to just practice a million times and get your understanding of markers and shit down. Btw, I used Prismacolor markers WITHOUT a colorless blender to do that fade up there ^. personally i dont suggest them.

hope i helped someone or another

Darko
08-04-2009, 02:50 AM
marker and color fades not with paint are a tricky subject. i'm not even that good at them, but i know basically how to do it.

say youre coloring your piece with a blue to grey fade like i did here

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/slaphousekids/SL730162.jpg

First, I started with the top and colored blue downwards. You should work quickly, cause the colors blend the best while wet. once you reach the point where they meet, you use the grey and "push" into the blue. there really isnt any better way to describe that than with the word push.

To even out the fade, go back with the blue, then maybe again with the grey, etc etc etc.

Legit, the best way to figure it out is to just practice a million times and get your understanding of markers and shit down. Btw, I used Prismacolor markers WITHOUT a colorless blender to do that fade up there ^. personally i dont suggest them.

hope i helped someone or another
alright then im gonna try it, thanks

massacreman
08-04-2009, 04:37 AM
nice piece scratch!

Crush97
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
How can i hide my spray paint from my parents??????????also i want stickers to put around town but if dey send it to my house and my parents see it im skrewed PM me if u have an anwer

Zarb
08-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Once again why would you be screwed for ordering free stickers? The last thing there gonna think is that your writing graffiti on them. And just take in the mail before they do..

Fury
08-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Crush - Go to the post office, and pick them up yourself. It's not really that hard and if they send it to your house, then just pick them up before they see it. I thought that same thing but my mom uses the stickers I got to like write notes on them (like sticky notes).

As for hiding paint, I usually hide mine in my room or behind my house, where there's a lot of bushes so people can't see it.

Darko
08-05-2009, 12:39 AM
crush, i put my spray cans in my garage and my parents dont ask any questions

klic
08-05-2009, 05:00 PM
can somebody with a scale tell me how much an empty can weighs? just so i have an idea of how much shipping will be

negennez
08-05-2009, 05:25 PM
lol, i keep all my shit in the wide open, my parents never even ask where or when i got it. as for the stickers...

like a week before you order them, get the mail before your parents do, if they ask why your doing it, just say you felt like it, or your just being nice or some corny shit. i get the mail every day, because i expect mail often. then order your shit, and when you pick up your stuff, they wont ask anything.

Darko
08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
lol, i keep all my shit in the wide open, my parents never even ask where or when i got it. as for the stickers...

like a week before you order them, get the mail before your parents do, if they ask why your doing it, just say you felt like it, or your just being nice or some corny shit. i get the mail every day, because i expect mail often. then order your shit, and when you pick up your stuff, they wont ask anything.

yeah, do that...my dumbass forgot to pick up the mail the same exact day my 'belt buckle' brass knuckles came in the mail and my dad stole them, haha

the weird thing was, he didnt talk about it to my mom or me so he's probably using them for himself...now i have to order them AGAIN

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
i saw a polar in stylelife a while ago he was pretty legit...jus saying.i like the name it sounds pretty cool the letters flow nicely and not to many people write it i think...i might be wrong tho...

medacog1
08-05-2009, 10:55 PM
i saw a polar in stylelife a while ago he was pretty legit...jus saying.i like the name it sounds pretty cool the letters flow nicely and not to many people write it i think...i might be wrong tho...

O man,that sucks .i guess i can wrte a 2 above it..but man it is a good name, flow wise.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
dont worry about it tho he lives in germany or someshit.unless you plan on going there anytime soon i wouldnt trip.

medacog1
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
ok

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
How can i hide my spray paint from my parents??????????also i want stickers to put around town but if dey send it to my house and my parents see it im skrewed PM me if u have an anwer
stop being a pussy and order them.or go to the post office and take some and hide them....do your parents trip that hard over stickers??? thats horrible.
if you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO,get a friend to order them for you and then get them from him or her and hide them.there.problem solved.

Alts13
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
get stuff delivered to a friends house rather than your own, your friend can just tell his parents that it is being sent to him as it is a gift for one of your parents and you don't want them finding it

Darko
08-06-2009, 05:51 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/ojf30n.jpg
NOT MY TAG
but what kind of markers can be colors like: blue, red, lime green ect. and still mark dark surfaces, like in the picture above

and i know im going to sound like super toy when i ask this but...
are fabric markers good for writing on walls?

iPwnF00lz
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
but what kind of markers can be colors like: blue, red, lime green ect. and still mark dark surfaces, like in the picture above

and i know im going to sound like super toy when i ask this but...
are fabric markers good for writing on walls?

Well it depends on how bright the blue red lime green is... and how dark the dark surface is. Just make sure its not a black marker on a black wall, use common sense. A white wall would be good for a black marker or even a gray wall, a black wall is good for a white marker...

Fabric markers is very broad, do you mean like a normal marker instead of paint or ink flow? If so they are easy to buff because it's just marker, for example a permanent marker is easily removed but a staining ink can still have a ghost after it's been buffed several times.

Darko
08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
do you mean like a normal marker instead of paint or ink flow

yeah, what i mean is can i use it like any other marker like if i had a deco fabric instead of a normal deco

medacog1
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Pentel white 100w,, i like them

Darko
08-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Pentel white 100w,, i like them

they look good to me, nd i just racked a few deco fabrics and they work great
=)

klic
08-06-2009, 09:32 PM
am i allowed to send a dead can in a brown envelope like this?
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq26/klic1/Envelopewithcanonit.jpg

it fits haha
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq26/klic1/Envelopewithcaninit.jpg

or do i have to get one of those special bubble envelopes?
http://www.shopcanadapost.ca/index.cfm?app=cart&a=list&categoryID=15 like this

Mr yarbles
08-06-2009, 10:35 PM
You might want to send it in a box
You know how American is right now they think everything oddly shaped is a bomb

You might also have to let them know it could be explosive
Just fill them in on that it's a dead paint can
Idk chances are nothings going to happen but it's always good tot ake precautions

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
you cant send paint over seas unless its on a ship.the place where they store stuff for flight isnt pressurized and the shit will explode basicly.you have to send it by ship and thats probably gonna be mad expensive.if they even do that.idk if they do.

klic
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
i got pretty much all of the pressure out of it so i should be fine for that. i dont think im going to use a box cause they cost so much to ship. i might just use one of those bubble envelopes

edit: mero, im just sending it to the US

medacog1
08-06-2009, 10:53 PM
How do i get the foamy stuff out of these markers so i can make a coool super dark black marker?
http://i28.tinypic.com/6p8dnp.jpg

Darko
08-06-2009, 11:15 PM
How do i get the foamy stuff out of these markers so i can make a coool super dark black marker?
http://i28.tinypic.com/6p8dnp.jpg

put your lips on the end of the tube and start sucking
then press ctrl + w

medacog1
08-06-2009, 11:20 PM
You can go suck a fuck.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-07-2009, 12:05 AM
those are only good for powerboxes and doors.i use them from time to time.they dont last long but they get the job done so fuck it.

Darko
08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
relax, im kidding

medacog1
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
thanks mero..but darko you need to watch donnie darko to get my last insult.

Fury
08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
^ I noticed it.
Tell me, how does one suck a fuck?

EST2007
08-07-2009, 01:19 PM
^ I noticed it.
Tell me, how does one suck a fuck?

yall watch too much donnie darko

Darko
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
why is everyone obsessing over that movie? is it really that good?

EST2007
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
it's a good movie. i said that cuz they quoted it, thats all

Fury
08-08-2009, 02:46 AM
I think it's a good film, but people stress it out like The Nightmare before Christmas. It's nowhere near the Godfather in quality so I don't see why people are like "OMG THE STORY IS SO GOOD BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING WITH MY BRAIN."

I doubt the director even understood the story.

medacog1
08-08-2009, 01:31 PM
what do you guys think of underlining tags with arrows..not like lame arrows but stuff that flows?

Eon 1
08-08-2009, 01:37 PM
^^ Well medacog how do you feel about underlining ur tag with arrows.

Alts13
08-08-2009, 01:54 PM
i don't like a tag underlined by an arrow, it generally looks novice as hell, but then I like nice clean tags, simple not to complicated with no added do das n shit, just look at Bates, he has a dope handstyle clean as hell. The only fancy tags I like are decent philly hands - but it is all just opinion, I'm not a fan of the whole MSK style of handstyle, it doesn't mean they are wack cos they aren't just means I'm not a fan

Darko
08-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I think it's a good film, but people stress it out like The Nightmare before Christmas. It's nowhere near the Godfather in quality so I don't see why people are like "OMG THE STORY IS SO GOOD BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING WITH MY BRAIN."

I doubt the director even understood the story.

i honestly didnt like the godfather, waaay to long

Eon 1
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Are you kidding. The Godfather was a good movie. But I have to say my most fav is "BOONDOCK SAINTS" its a must see.

Darko
08-08-2009, 09:40 PM
as random as this is, id have to say the King Kong 2005 remake has to be in my top 3 favorite movies of all time

cds_dogg665544
08-08-2009, 09:43 PM
how do i delete a thread i made?

ESKiMO2
08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Question: if you get pulled over by the cops and you have a marker and ink on your hands what happens?

Answer: say that you were jerkin off and you were on your way to the hospital cuz your sperm came out black

sketch3
08-09-2009, 01:38 PM
question
why didnt i laugh at the above post?

answer
cuss it was lame

Murphy's law
08-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Question: if you get pulled over by the cops and you have a marker and ink on your hands what happens?

Answer: say that you were jerkin off and you were on your way to the hospital cuz your sperm came out black

You make me wanna punch babies.... like violently... and not in the good way....

BigBlueViolence
08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, that was one of the only questions in this thread I didn't laugh at.

ESKiMO2
08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
I saw it somewhere and saved it to a word document a while ago when I was compiling a graff FAQ... i just thought i'd put it here...

Millertime
08-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Im been writing for a year now got my tag down pack and my throwup but im not sure how should i start getting into wildstyle? any tips

Facedorateur
08-09-2009, 11:41 PM
start practicing, but start with simples, dont start painting them until you get some good criticism.

Zarb
08-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Im sending out a couple markers to someone, can I just put them in an envelope and send them out if they fit?

Abor Rudest
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
yep.

Zarb
08-10-2009, 01:16 PM
k thanks

YOLK01
08-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I'd recommend a Bubble wrap mailer just to ensure their safe. Theyre only about 85 cent

weakfingers
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
Okay in the last month in my eyes I've been getting gradually worse. It seems like everything I draw looks really bad and I am loosing the ability to draw striaght lines. Like Its not that im loosing interest in writing its more like the shit i draw now is super horrible. Like does anyone else get this. I seems like ill spend an hour working on drawing something and it will turn out horrible. Any suggestions? should i take a break for a bit or like... Oh and I've been getting tired with my name, I still want to keep it but its getting old and i hate drawing 6 letters when everyone I write with has 4 and gets done so much faster then me.

Fury
08-11-2009, 01:27 AM
^ I'm pretty sure you can try myspace.com. I heard a lot of good things about it, but haven't given it a shot just yet. Facebook.com is another big one too, but I'm not sure how good it is.

Anyone write "Create"? I was also thinking of writing "twelve" but it might get linked to a gang or something. Any ideas?

Eon 1
08-11-2009, 01:44 AM
WEAKFINGERS- I feel you on that one. Im having the same problem. Can't draw latley and all what not. For me I think its because I started up smoking again.
FURY- Write whatever you feel like but make sure its something that you really want to write and you have a feel of it. And "create is a cool name but don't do twelve. Also graffiti to cops is gang related.

Fury
08-11-2009, 01:54 AM
I just mean I don't want to appear to be more gang-affiliated than I have to and shit. I wanna make sure there's no bomb-ass guy who writes Create and then I look like a bitch haha

Eon 1
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
I just mean I don't want to appear to be more gang-affiliated than I have to and shit. I wanna make sure there's no bomb-ass guy who writes Create and then I look like a bitch haha Well if you really want to figure it out google it or sometimes you can you tube it.

Fury
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM
I did a Google search already for "create graffiti" and all I got was fucking graffiti generators -_-'

Eon 1
08-11-2009, 02:31 AM
I did a Google search already for "create graffiti" and all I got was fucking graffiti generators -_-'LOL thats funny. Im pretty sure there isn't a king/legend named create. All I have to say is write whatever you want as long as no one in ur area writes the same name. I was also thinking instead if "create" you could write "creator".

Fury
08-11-2009, 03:25 AM
I saw a bomb ass piece by Create on the images haha. I think I'm going to look for words that make me feel like it's apart of me, you know?

Eon 1
08-11-2009, 03:49 AM
I saw a bomb ass piece by Create on the images haha. I think I'm going to look for words that make me feel like it's apart of me, you know?Ya I know what ya mean. Thats why I chose NEET for me. Cause I like to have all my stuuf neat and nice.

Fury
08-11-2009, 05:45 AM
I mean like when I see the world and I just feel like that word is me, not necessarily my personality.

What about graff mags? Anyone know of any I could subscribe to or get for free?

medacog1
08-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Man, I can't believe cops actually look at this forum, Like we would actually give out any serious information. that "tank" cat that came on a few days ago..saying his been writing for like 2 years..that stuff he posted was horrible, and now this Asian chick. man this forum is getting sketchy..has anyone ever been caught because of the BS forum?

Fury
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
^ I haven't (yet) and I doubt many will since not a whole lot of people are stupid enough to say anything that could link them to something. I mean, it may help cops out and stuff by seeing graff on the streets and on this forum that could pinpoint somebody, but the odds of catching that person because of this forum are slim to stupidity.

DestroyLA
08-12-2009, 05:04 PM
why do some people add a number at the end of their tag? like Cope2 or like a 1?

Alts13
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
sometimes cos the name may be taken already so they add a number, other times because they feel like it

weakfingers
08-13-2009, 02:54 PM
The original meaning from what my understanding is that if you put a one after your name means that you where the first to write the name and the best to write it. Now with people putting two and ten n' after there shit is kinda wack in my opinion.

Okay my question is whats a hipster style. I hear everyone using that term and I kinda need an example. Are these considerd hipster? Like I like the way it looks so why do i hear so many people hating on it?
Is this considerd hipster style?
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt300/2wayducttape/027202fs6copy.jpg
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt300/2wayducttape/causer.jpg

99%Shit
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, those Causrs are hipster, but not to a ridiculous extent. Plus, dude's been on top of killing every style.

But for some REEEEEEEAAAAALLLLY hipster/artfag ish, check out BKF/Drugs Crew
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drugscrew3/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drugscrew2/

Some of it can grow on you, namely Pandasex and Spray. Enuf is straight goods no matter what anyone says.

Mostly hipster ish with have simpler letters with arrows popping outta nowhere and extensions doing the same. Letters often flow into each other. Letters are sometimes ridiculous things/characters. People hate on it because stacks of artier kids got into graffiti and didn't spend time on letter form, but rather on making it look 'neat'. Flickr helped spread this style.

weakfingers
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Alot of that shit was hurting so bad. I can see now why so many people hate it.
OMG has some of the most weirdest walls.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
i was gonna say panda sex and spray too but you beat me to it lol...that guy otol that posts here has a hipster style goin on to.nothing horrible about it,just not everyone likes it.

Fury
08-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Since I can't think of a name I really like at the moment, is it cool if I just draw my character everywhere for the time being, and when I think of a name, add it on?

I'm pretty sure this is all well and good, but BS doesn't BS me.

Zarb
08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Do whatever you want..thats what graff is all about man!

DestroyLA
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
weakfingers i like it. I guess it looks like a pretty "hipster" style haha. If you like it then thats all that matters. I personally think everybody should be graffin for themselves and nobody else.

TheMurderousMisterMero_
08-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Since I can't think of a name I really like at the moment, is it cool if I just draw my character everywhere for the time being, and when I think of a name, add it on?

I'm pretty sure this is all well and good, but BS doesn't BS me.

mr fangs does it...then again mister fangs is actually totem incognito...yeah characters are dope man...if you have a nice one thats mad original then by all means go for it.

Fury
08-14-2009, 12:25 AM
My character is actually only like 5 lines and takes me about 10 seconds to draw. It's basically like a tag in the way it's so damn simple. One of these days, I might do a big throwie of it with a lot more detailed stuff and some of my other characters.

But that won't be for a while.

Darko
08-14-2009, 02:19 AM
i used to have a character, it was this skull thats smiling and is happy, but its more of my 'legal' graffiti, like i draw him on my school papers (not with my tag of course) just like a signature sort of, but when i tag i dont include the skeleton

weakfingers
08-14-2009, 02:45 AM
i was gonna say panda sex and spray too but you beat me to it lol...that guy otol that posts here has a hipster style goin on to.nothing horrible about it,just not everyone likes it.
Word, when i first started to lurk the net for graff I found otol's account on flickr and the detail on some of the stuff blew my mind.
And is spray popular? Like his throwie is it sapoused to look like trash, is that the look he or she is going for or liek whats up with that?

walkwiththelion
08-15-2009, 01:19 AM
alright my question is, i have several names i mess areound with the one i really like is seven, and the other is dase, i google imaged them and found a few pics of each, neither that i thought were that great. I am of the opinion that if you came up with the name enistead of saw it and chose it and they arent some kind of "king" that its ok to write it unless they live in your city or close by. Am i wrong?

Black Flag
08-15-2009, 11:20 AM
alright my question is, i have several names i mess areound with the one i really like is seven, and the other is dase, i google imaged them and found a few pics of each, neither that i thought were that great. I am of the opinion that if you came up with the name enistead of saw it and chose it and they arent some kind of "king" that its ok to write it unless they live in your city or close by. Am i wrong?

More or less correct. If you really want to be original, throw a number at the end; that way no one can get confused with you.

proNYNJA
08-15-2009, 12:46 PM
okay i just got done moving to a new neighbor hood and i haven't gone out yet, but it seems to me that there are a few writers around here but they all are wack. so i feel like its time for me to go out and show these toys around were i just moved some real graff, but i got one problem, where i live it seems every1 has a frikken dog.
so how do you deal with dogs?
if they bark at you whut do you do?

facethetruth
08-15-2009, 12:56 PM
think about it..

markingz.
08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
why do some people add a number at the end of their tag? like Cope2 or like a 1?

numbers like 1, 2, 3, , 4, 5 stuff like that at the end of a tag usually means there not the first person to have the name so they put a number after their name to distinguish themselves from the rest

markingz.
08-15-2009, 02:06 PM

just thought you should know if you pick seven, theres already a sick seven from tfn crew in nor cal so maybe if you want put like a two after your name.

walkwiththelion
08-15-2009, 02:30 PM
alright. thats good, although i live on the complete opposite side of the country

DestroyLA
08-15-2009, 03:06 PM
okay i just got done moving to a new neighbor hood and i haven't gone out yet, but it seems to me that there are a few writers around here but they all are wack. so i feel like its time for me to go out and show these toys around were i just moved some real graff, but i got one problem, where i live it seems every1 has a frikken dog.
so how do you deal with dogs?
if they bark at you whut do you do?yo pronynja i understand what you mean cus i kinda live where you do but i hope your not painting on residential areas. Keep a little bag of dog treats and if one dog wont shut up just break one in half and give it to him. But usually the owners of the dog wont come out or anything if they know their dog is always barking at something.

proNYNJA
08-16-2009, 12:04 AM
yo pronynja i understand what you mean cus i kinda live where you do but i hope your not painting on residential areas. Keep a little bag of dog treats and if one dog wont shut up just break one in half and give it to him. But usually the owners of the dog wont come out or anything if they know their dog is always barking at something.

thanx, and i don't paint in residential areas, but i walk through them cuz i don't like walking down main streets, in my old neighbor hood there wasnt as many dogs though.

massacreman
08-16-2009, 01:36 PM
dogs suck

for real