PDA

View Full Version : Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Pages : [1] 2 3

H隦bN
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok, So i know theres an Ink Discussion thread in the big boys section But i figured the little tikes could use a place to learn where to start. That way we can keep the N00b questions here and keep the discussion one for recipes and actualy discussion.

Also I thought it would be cool to get some pics of what people got goin on as far as their "lab" goes. So ill start it out.

Beginner things you kids will need to get into ink making.
-Alcohol (99% is best)
-Pens or other means of inks
-gloves
-small glass jars or other air tight containers
-A ventilated room or station where you dont have to worry about staining anything.
-general purpose mixing container
-a test surface, a couple peices of paper will sufice for now
-Empty markers and mops
-Funnel(s) to fill markers and mops

Optional Stuff- Soy sauce, wood stainer, any sort of dyes (leather ect.), paint thinner so on and so forth.

Most importantly, remember even if you dont start out using them, sooner or later you will be handling volatile and some possible cancer causing chemicals that should not be inhaled or contacted for long periods of times. Such as Naptha or ether ect so Be smart!

Finally heres some pics and the contents of the little station i work off of.
Something like this is an excellent starting point.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5088/inklab1ud3.jpg
http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/659/inklab2wl8.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/3582/inklab3dm6.jpg

Above you will also notice i have, calligraphy inks as a color inhancer and a mortor and pestle for grinding pigments into a fine powder. Be creative and experiment, thats what its all about.

***Bleach should never be used in ink making***

Bazer
07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
its a good thread idea. if you get more than a page full of haters ima have to delete it though.

klic
07-02-2008, 06:06 PM
someone should sticky this

geritto
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
what are the matches for? and what happens if i only used 50% alchahol can i add anything to make it so if i had used 99% or sumthin?

Mr yarbles
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Well if it's fifty percent alcohol then the other fifty percent is usually waterd down
So if you want an ink tat's fifty percen water go for it
I think you can add sme dot 3 to make it stain harder

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 06:46 PM
dot3 makes your INK(ink not paint) dry slower so it has time to set in and stain the surface
theres no way that i know of to get the water out of the lower % alcohols.....but i have heard things about putting it in the freezer(as most of you know alcohol freezes at a much much much lower temp then water)then removing the ice,but its easier just to buy the 75% or 95% bottles...

Mass Appeal
07-02-2008, 06:57 PM
AHERS HOW TO :

HOW TO MAKE A KIWI MOP

1. GET A KIWI SHOE POLISH FROM YOUR LOCAL SHOP....IN ENGLAND THEY SELL THEM IN WILKOS....

2. PULL OFF THE TOP SPONGE AND GET RID OF ALL THE SHOE POLISH THATS INSIDE

3. ( HOW I DID IT ) .. GET A BUCKET AND POUR IN HALF A BUCKET OF PAINT , THEN ADD HALF A BUCKET OF BRAKE FLUID , OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF PAINT THINNER AND MIX IT

4. ONCE ITS MIXED AND SHIT POUR IT INTO THE MOP

5. SCREW BACK ON THE SPONGE

6. TO GET MORE DRIPS TAKE OUT THE LITTLE RED PLUG THATS INSIDE THE SPONGE ( BEWARE , LEAKS LIKE FUCK )

Enjoy...

-------

AHERS HOW TO :

NOW THIS IS A LITTLE THING I CAME UP WITH..I HAVENT REALLY GOT A NAME FOR IT THOUGH..ANYWAY

1. FIRST...GET ABOUT 3,4,5 PERMANENT MARKERS..ANY SIZE BUT MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL THE SAME SIZE !...BUT BIGGER THE BETTER MUHAHAHAHA

2. THEN...TAKE OFF THE TOP AND FIND A WAY TO GET OUT THE INK TUBE THATS INSIDE IT..MOST OF THE TIME THEY HAVE A PLASTIC LIKE TUBING AROUND IT SO DONT WORRY ABOUT GETTING YOUR HANDS DIRTY..

3. DO THAT FOR ALL OF THE MARKERS YOU HAVE...

4. THEN GET THEM ALL TOGETHER IN A BUNCH...MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE ALL EQUAL IN LENGTH..LIKE NONE ARE HIGHER / LOWER THAN EACH OTHER IN THE BUNCH THEN PROCEED TO SALOTAPE / DUCK TAPE THEM ALL TOGETHER..

5. THIS IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT...SORRY FOR SHITTY WEB CAM PICS...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/amkah/cef6f3ad.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/amkah/6964ea82.jpg

THIS IS MY PROTOTYPE DONE WITH SMALLER FEL TIP INK TUBES...SO IT ISNT AS BIG AS MY OTHER..

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/amkah/65cc4ceb.jpg

YOU GET THE IDEA...

ALSO..MAKE SURE YOU FIND SOME SORT OF CAP FOR IT COS THEY DRY OUT QUICK LIKE THAT ONE ^^^^

Enjoy..

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
heres a little ditty for you guys ;)
these are the krink k71 markers
http://www.graffiti-shop.nl/shop/images/k71_group01.jpg
these are might markers(theyre are paint and bleed through versions)
http://www.arromark.com/images/pens/mightymarker_paint.jpg
look quite similar,no?
that because theyre the same thing with the older krink markers you could acctualy take the kr lable off the marker and under it would be the mighty marker lable....
heres where you buy your mighty markers:
http://www.arromark.com/products/pens/mightymarker_paint.html
for the price of two kr markers(i believe it was two)you could get a box of 6 mighty markers....

i have all night and no plans so expect more posts ;)

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Nice Thread Herbn. I use the Soy sauce stuff too.

Im going to have some pic on how it writes in a few.

BUt here what I use for my ink.
-99% Achoal
-3 dot breadkin FLuid,
-3/4 a small package of cool aid
-40 pen
-4 Blue Sharpies
-Black Matalic Ink.

geritto
07-02-2008, 07:05 PM
krink is cool but i aint tryna spend like $8 for a sharpie sized marker where the ink runs out quick and even more expensive to buy more of their ink. o and thanks for the freezer idea but seems like too much work

acereborn
07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
[SIZE="6"]AHERS HOW TO :
3. ( HOW I DID IT ) .. GET A BUCKET AND POUR IN HALF A BUCKET OF PAINT , THEN ADD HALF A BUCKET OF BRAKE FLUID , OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF THINNER AND MIX IT

Thanks for contributing to the thread, I'm sure you spent a lot of time making that tutorial- but you don't mix paint with brake fluid, it's for inks. It slows down the drying time of ink, thus allowing the ink to stain. Paint CANNOT stain a surface.

You should probably edit your post, we need to make sure we have the information right AT LEAST on the first page.

P.S. Good thread idea :)

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 07:30 PM
some random shits:
GHETTO JUNOBO
1/3WHITE RUSTO
2/3THINNER
+
200ML OIL BASED "TUBE" PAINT TO EVERY PINT OF RUSTO
AND A CAP FULL OF JAPAN DRYER

ghetto junobo number two
white ghetto krink
(1/3 thinner,2/3 white rusto)
+
thinned acrylic paint,you choose the color
(1/3 water,2/3 acrylic paint)
+
an assload of mustard powder
(the linchin in the mustar powder lets the oil and waer base paint mix together to get the color of the acrylic paint and the toughness of oil based paint....)

Mythelyne Blue: nice blue stain
Gentian Violet: purple stain
Potassium Permanganate: been told its a black/purple stain. not sure which
Griffen Shoe Dye:stains the color of the dye
Fiedblings Leather Dye: " " " "
Dot3 Break Fluid: adds ghost, more stainage
Woodstain: various colors. best brand is "minwax"
Fish oil Tablets: adds ghosts. more stain
PVC Primer: Purple Stainer. ghetto version on Gentian V.
Shellac: finished product. adds shine. makes waterproof
Iodine: adds yellow/brown stain
Methyl Orange (found in chemistry sets): Orange stain, can be made green

ghetto krink(the most basic of all basic shit :P)
1/3paint thinner
2/3silver oil based paint

http://www.countryclubsupply.com/servlet/Detail?no=8601 = cheap large ammounts of leather dye

www.texasmarker.com =that "candy" ink every ones so crazy about,bleeds through great stains hard has nice colors but fades in the sun....best for insides ;)

mops,markers and where to get them:
kiwi mops=any store basicly
teejuice squeezers(**** mops)=michael's arts and crafts
fun dotter poster markers=ac moore in the poster isle
bingo daubers=cvs,wallmart,dollar store,ect.
houston art window chalkers(larger grog mops)=craft isle at wallmart,next to the window etch at micheal's
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=56/3006&mode=Searching&erec=10&D=bingo&Ntt=bingo&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&y=3&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&x=18&sd=12+Brilliant+Bingo+Bottles = 12 mini mops for 5 dollars
http://www.houstonart.com/paint%20applicator.asp = grog mop(the larger ones of course ;) )
http://markingpendepot.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16 = cheap paint markers....
zig glue pens,poster mans,terra cotta's,wood craft,ect.(otr markers)=arts and craft stores

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
krink is cool but i aint tryna spend like $8 for a sharpie sized marker where the ink runs out quick and even more expensive to buy more of their ink. o and thanks for the freezer idea but seems like too much work
the point was krink buys his markers from another company and raises the price high as shit....but yeah you could always just get some broad sharpie or uni brand paint markers haha

Mass Appeal
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for contributing to the thread, I'm sure you spent a lot of time making that tutorial- but you don't mix paint with brake fluid, it's for inks. It slows down the drying time of ink, thus allowing the ink to stain. Paint CANNOT stain a surface.

You should probably edit your post, we need to make sure we have the information right AT LEAST on the first page.

P.S. Good thread idea :)

Nah..as you can see it says HOW I DID IT .. you can use Brake fluid...because iv used it with that before are it worked FINE...seriously.

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
(Im going to love this Thread! XD)

I just found some wired ass stuff. Like Opps all propes remove, but it contains Ethyl Alcohol, and some other stuff Like Xylene. (NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFOR) Like what are some other Stainers that I could use?

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 07:34 PM
dot3 in paint just makes it leaves an ugly grease mark and take longer to dry....its not really worth the effect ya know...
edit*virus i posted a list of stains and add ins

acereborn
07-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Dot 3? Whenever I used dot3 with paint it just became shitty and greasy, and it wouldn't dry for an INSANE time. I'm assuming putting 50% would make it almost impossible to dry, lol. But that's just an assumption, so I guess it's worth trying.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

smooth_nuts
07-02-2008, 07:41 PM
bleh...your only supposed to add like a cap full of dot 3 to your INK not paint,INK!!!!

noxi
07-02-2008, 07:54 PM
IF you add vinegar it makes inks stain harder. If you add soy sauce, it makes it a lil more opaque and darker. Smells like shit though.

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 07:57 PM
How much Vinger tho??? Like a couple of Caps what?

acereborn
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Experiment, experiment, experiment. I've never even heard of using vinegar, so I can't really answer that for you.

libra25
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
ive heard of vanilla extract in inks i dont how gud it is, i never tried before
vanilla extract is 35% alcohol

H隦bN
07-02-2008, 08:29 PM
dot3 makes your INK(ink not paint) dry slower so it has time to set in and stain the surface
theres no way that i know of to get the water out of the lower % alcohols.....but i have heard things about putting it in the freezer(as most of you know alcohol freezes at a much much much lower temp then water)then removing the ice,but its easier just to buy the 75% or 95% bottles...

You can boil it to get the water out and then cut the sludge you get with more alcohol but use atleats 90% the second time.

Man this shit took off lol glad to see the interest

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Yo Herbn what up with the MAtches???

H隦bN
07-02-2008, 08:33 PM
get steel wool and let it soak in just enough Vineger to cover it. let it soak for like a month and it will turn to a brown liquid, strain it and add it to your ink and it will stain harder. this should not be the primary liquid in your ink though just use like 1/5 parts to your usual alc. mixture.

Xylene is whats in decocolors thats why they last in the sun and weather so well, it can be used in place of or with alcohol. I dont know where to but it on its own though.

the matches are just what i use to mix test colors on that little palette, thats all guys lol. no real importants. and that little cup is magnesium sulfate aka epson salt. im experimenting with its usefulness at the moment as a thickener and will let you guys know if it does anything or not.

The small bottles are something i found at Micheals craft store, there resin dyes and the instructions say to use a drop per resin mold so there very high concentrate and come in a 3 pack of red blue and yellow. retail is 10.49 but theyre 5 fingerable. i suggest them as a color additive but im still experimenting with them to. Details to come.

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks Herbn

you said steel wool huh? I got that stuff layyin around somewhere. But damn a month that a long ass time.

I GOT CLOUT
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
He said A month?

SAID
07-02-2008, 08:58 PM
yo i've been thinking about this for a while.
what if you filled a marker with gas, tagged your shit and just light it on fire?
Won't it create a chemical change and will never be removed?
hmmm.

H隦bN
07-02-2008, 09:01 PM
haha yes not like 2 years, i actually tried BBs like a hand full and just enough vineger to cover them. And it gets gets the same result but in a day or 2, i havent used it as an additive yet though so i dont know the chemical differences it will yeild seeing as one is steel and one is copper. its a thick brown sludge though! gotta be usefull for something. Updates to come!

SORRY GUYS I HAD TO EDIT THE ABOVE POST ITS STEEL WOOL AND VINEGER* ***NOT ALCOHOL*** I miss typed it

H隦bN
07-02-2008, 09:02 PM
yo i've been thinking about this for a while.
what if you filled a marker with gas, tagged your shit and just light it on fire?
Won't it create a chemical change and will never be removed?
hmmm.

You would be setting yourself up for an arson charge. and it would burn the whole wall above it as well as what you tagged making it pointless, NOT A GOOD IDEA. And paint covers burns anyway. Stick with making ink man.

And ive thought about using Vanilla Extract, but never have. So i cant help you there, Why dont you try it out and see if you notice any difference just make small batches of the standard pen recipe and cut some vanilla into one. and test em side by side, that would be the best way to find out.

H3TT1NG3R
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
if ur lookign into really good hydrocarbon based inks, go out and find soem bitumen in stores, or just go pick off a pice of tar from the road. Then heat it up until its goey and mix in naptha(lighter fluid) until it is like paint consistency. If you took it off teh ground ur gunna want to filter it wih a coffee filter to get teh rocks out. Then you can add thsi to alcohol or ethanol based inks by usign mustard powder, or you can add in ur own shit and use it straight.

H3TT1NG3R
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
also for alcohol, id sugest goign to lowes or home depot and buyign soem denatured alcohol
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/thumbnails/01-00399.jpg this is better than isopropyl alcohol beause it is 99.99% puire ethanol, with a little bi of methanol so you cant drink it or make alcoholic beverages out o it

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll do it tomarrow and tell you how it went. Im gettin like 80 of pens and allot of shit so I'll pick upsome Vanilla toamrrow.,

Allthegoodnamesaretaken
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Dope thread! Nice one herbn

geritto
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
also for alcohol, id sugest goign to lowes or home depot and buyign soem denatured alcohol
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/thumbnails/01-00399.jpg this is better than isopropyl alcohol beause it is 99.99% puire ethanol, with a little bi of methanol so you cant drink it or make alcoholic beverages out o it

if its pure ethanol isnt that like gas so it prolly cost alot right?

Haze..
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
no, its a liquid, and thats what backpacks are for.

H3TT1NG3R
07-02-2008, 09:34 PM
no gas is petrolium, a hydrocarbon. this is ethanol, the stuff used in alcoholic drinks. but since tehres a tax on alcoholic beverages, they ptu some methanol in the ethanol to make it toxic, so then you dont have to pay the extra tax. it is almost pure ethanol, which is pretty cheap, i think its liek 15$ MAX

Haze..
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
funny, its free everywhere i go.

acereborn
07-02-2008, 09:53 PM

Wait- So if that is 99.99% pure ethanol, doesnt that mean its only like 95% alcohol? I'm pretty sure that ethanol is 95% alcohol, but since 99% isopropyl alcohol is 99% alcohol, wouldn't that make isopropyl better?

Plus, this should be in the full ink thread right now- it's a bit advanced

Haze..
07-02-2008, 09:58 PM
isopropyl is alot easier to get and is more or less the same

Baron
07-02-2008, 10:14 PM
Xylene is a type of paint thinner, DO NOT USE! It will eat away at all the plastic! Xylene= your markers with holes and paint spilling every where. Use some regular paint thinner/stripper

osnapizzel
07-02-2008, 10:20 PM
its lieka meth lab up in this bitch

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks bro.
Quick Question you know the Ink out of Printer Cartiges, could you use that in your INK or is that like purely water based?

Baron
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Idk, i wouldnt use ink cartiges.

acereborn
07-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks bro.
Quick Question you know the Ink out of Printer Cartiges, could you use that in your INK or is that like purely water based?

Do you mean by itself, or as an additive? Because it's so expensive, I really don't think it would make sense to use.

(SoS)Viruz
07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
As a additive not just by itself. I mean I found it in a old printer in my house that broke so I just didnt want to throw it out you know, So I was going to add it to my ink as a Additive.

acereborn
07-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure what kind of base it is, try googling the printer cartridge label, and look at specifics of it. That way you know it'll mix in with your ink.

H3TT1NG3R
07-03-2008, 05:51 AM
^for the other alcohol question, ethanol is a different alcohol than isopropanol. so no, it is still 99.99% pure, is just a slightly different compound, but is the same, if not better, than isopropanol at dissolving pen ink ect.

SAID
07-03-2008, 07:53 AM
i've heard that the ink out of printer cartriges are really reallyyyyyy thick.
plenty of people wanted to do stuff with it but really didn't bother.

Shiva.
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/spain/uploads/1/cocaine_lab_madrid.jpg
this is my lab

Rambooboo
07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Xylene is a type of paint thinner, DO NOT USE! It will eat away at all the plastic! Xylene= your markers with holes and paint spilling every where. Use some regular paint thinner/stripper
uhhh dude alot of inks have xylene in it like smash ink i have that in a mini mop and it is fine they made that ink for the mini mop and sharpies have xylene in them
as long as there is not a whole bunch of xylene it would take like two years

Baron
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Well if you mix your paint with the amount of xylene that you would paintthinner, it would wat through your marker MUCH faster.

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Yea that Xylene stuff I put a little bit in a pasitc container to see how it would do. It Eat right throught the cantainer. So I recomend you dont even use it.

Baron
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Paint thinner or ethanol for paints. I really want some ehtanol now

drunkenshits_one
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM

i bet that's never happened to you, shit, i'm sitting here with a plastic water bottle full of xylene with all of my caps sitting in it and i've been reusing it for the past year and the plastic is the same as it was before

acereborn
07-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Paint thinner or ethanol for paints. I really want some ehtanol now

Lucky for me I have an ethanol plant within a 15 minute walk to my house :D

And I've heard mixed stories about xylene as well, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't do anything to your mops/bottles, but I just stick with paint thinner.

Baron
07-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Yea that Xylene stuff I put a little bit in a pasitc container to see how it would do. It Eat right throught the cantainer. So I recomend you dont even use it.

i bet that's never happened to you, shit, i'm sitting here with a plastic water bottle full of xylene with all of my caps sitting in it and i've been reusing it for the past year and the plastic is the same as it was before

Oh really now? Well I guess it may have to do with the concentration of xylene and the type of plastic.

On another note; where would one pick up methylene blue? And For the PVC purple goo, do you use it as an additive or do you thin it out?

H隦bN
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Xylene is gunna depend on the type of plastic, it does eat through it but its generally very slowly.

SOS i wouldnt use the whole printer.... lol jk bro, ive heard it used but it is generally very expensive so i havent really tinkered with it.

H3TT- thanks for the tip about tar n shit, i had never thought of that. Thanks for lending your knowledge to the thread as well <3

Also any body else that has a half way decent lab set up and doesnt mind postin some flicks should do so, And any other good pointers on actual set up

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 03:28 PM
YO BOMBING PPLZ!!! I got a update on my INK!!!!

Yo I added that Printer cartridge to my ink and I recommend it. It makes you ink more thinker and darker. And Giddy-er . Also it help with the stain. So i dosen't dry as fast for a better stain. If you have one layin around that you don't use or is out try oping it to get the rest of the ink out. Its nice add-on. (Im going to show pics) Im not even done with it yet I'm gettin' pens and other stuff today. MAN PPL IM SOO HYPE THIS WORKED! ( Thiers a Catch tho. IF you add the Printer Cartage Ink, you'll notice it stays at the top of your ink, that because It has different properties than your adervage Ink. You'll know you did it right when their are bubbles at the top of you ink. But BEFORE EVER USAGE BE SURE TO SHAKE THE INK TO MIX THE CONTENTS.)

Ingerdatins to Tera's Inks
60 Pen
1 and 1/2 cup of 99.9% Acohal
1/2 cup of 70% acochoal.
10 Permantent Ink Sharpies
3 Small packages of Soy SAuce( The ibes that come with the Chines Food.)
3 Dot Brake Fulid.( 1 and 1/2 cap of that)
Black Matalic Ink for a Black Ink Makrer.

(Im going to add more stuff with samples and tell you guys how it went.)

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Here is the Ink with and With out the Ink Carterige.
The Lighter stuff is my ink befor I added the Ink Cartrige, The Dark Writtin is after I added it.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc194/DoubleM41/scan0001-1.jpg

geritto
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
hey uhh i jsut 91% alchahol thats jjust as good as 99% right.

and uh...i got some auto store brand dot3 is that a good as the stuff that u guys have shown in the thread?

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 04:46 PM
You 91% is as goo d as 99.9% But its the next best thing. And yea 3 dot break fliud is good.

acereborn
07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
What do you guys normally use for bottles? My dollar store has squeezable clear 4oz bottles, but I'm assuming everyone else isn't so lucky lol.

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Ummmm, Like I used a Gatorage bottle. Or a Water Bottle Something that has a good type of plastic.

H隦bN
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
I use small glass jars that i copped from a store i used to work at. And a large plastic square on with a lid for doin pen ink

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 06:26 PM
(Yo we need to get more pics in here. To make it hott.)
Where you get those from Herbn. Cuase Like I only got the down grade, glass... PLASITIC

libra25
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/ad9c55fd6f.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3ada77b3b6.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

light drips is just pen ink with dot3(35 blue and couple red pens)
darker drips pen ink with dot3 + ink from printer cartridge + 2 black sharpies

(SoS)Viruz
07-03-2008, 06:34 PM
A yo Libra, the Pinter Cartrige was nice add-on wasnt it?
Im workin on a new mix with Vinger, I'll let you know how that went guys.

H3TT1NG3R
07-03-2008, 06:36 PM
My Lab ish. its in my basement, where my parents gave up on getting out all the ink stains lol
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3348/dsc02473ty0.jpg
left to right
-exatco knife
-wire cutters(for pen tubes)
-pliers(for holdin hot shit)
-water
-buff board
-repirator
-gloves
-steel wool in vinegar
-paper towels
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7700/dsc02475ui8.jpg
- stainers
-syringes
-nibs
-matches(for lighting a candle i use to boil shit)
-random chemicals(i dotn really use them anymore cuz i ran out of good ones)
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/7434/dsc02476rl3.jpg
- box of markers and inks
-funnel
-in teh back this metal box and can i use to heat up inks ect.
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/8153/dsc02477of1.jpg
-denatured alcohol, and lots of paints.

libra25
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
yeah dat shit gud add
i mixxed it real gud

Baron
07-04-2008, 12:31 AM
So i did a little research on ink in the cartridges' composition and basically all i came up with was that it was water based, either dye or pigment (varies), and has an additive that keeps it a liquid until it reaches the paper. So all i want to know are the additives alcohol and the dyes are blue/purple/black and the pigments are reds/oranges/yellows? Or am i wrong?

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 12:55 AM
You can boil it to get the water out and then cut the sludge you get with more alcohol but use atleats 90% the second time.

Man this shit took off lol glad to see the interest

A message for toys(and any people) everywhere...

DON'T FUCKING BOIL ALCOHOL UNLESS YOU KNOW WHATS UP WITH MAKING CANNABIS OIL OR ANY OTHER POTENTIALLY VOLATILE PROCESS THAT INVOLVES SUCH THINGS. ANYONE BOILING ALCOHOL FOR ANY REASON SHOULD TAKE EXTREME PRECAUTIONS IN DOING SO, AS YOU'LL PROBABLY BLOW YOURSELF UP UNLESS YOU REALLY KNOW YOUR SHIT.

Alcohol vapours are very reactive and can even be set off by things such as a static spark from a cell phone...

H隦bN
07-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Word, i kinda forgot to mention that ^^ It is important though lol good call. If you know how to do it and your careful its very do-able though.

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 03:27 AM
It also makes your house smell like a meth lab. That isn't for you herbn, mainly for those who haven't tried it and don't like the smell of meth labs...

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Has anyone tried koolaid or any other powdered dyes in ghetto krink? I've been wanting to try it out for the last few weeks...

Mr yarbles
07-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Never tried it in krink but I ive tried it in pen ink
It gives it more of a pigment if you use grape it'll give it more of a purplish darker coller depending on how much you use
and it'll make it smell tasty
:]

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I've heard of it in ink, but still, paint and ink have vastly different characteristics. Alright, I'll rock the shit with Koolaid soon and see how it does...

Mr yarbles
07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Oh yeah an if your ink is already really dark it probably wont do much for it
My frind told me that it'll bleed through a little better but I've never really seen a difference

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 03:42 AM
Yeah, it's mostly just food grade dye. I didn't think it would work as anything other than a pigmenting agent.

wafflecakee
07-04-2008, 03:53 AM
heres my meth lab
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/wafflecakee/IMG_3489.jpg

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Looks like a lot of your meth may have hit the streets...

wafflecakee
07-04-2008, 04:59 AM
true

(SoS)Viruz
07-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Has anyone tried koolaid or any other powdered dyes in ghetto krink? I've been wanting to try it out for the last few weeks...

You I use cool aid, It help with the stain process. You dont add the whole Packet in just like 1/2 or 1/4 deppendin on how much in you have.

SkuzSCT
07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Sweet, I'm not too concerned with stain though, I just wanna make ghetto junobo. Cheers man.

(SoS)Viruz
07-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Sweet, I'm not too concerned with stain though, I just wanna make ghetto junobo. Cheers man.

No problem man, o and by the way it make you ink kind of smell nice and you cause use what you didnt use for cool aid. Lol.

H隦bN
07-05-2008, 04:25 PM
How well does koolaid work? Does it come out with a decent opaque-ness? Cause i made a red ink but it could be alittle brighter and more opaque

(SoS)Viruz
07-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Yea it helps with the Opaqueness a little bit, Its really use for the Stain really.

libra25
07-05-2008, 04:36 PM
How well does koolaid work? Does it come out with a decent opaque-ness? Cause i made a red ink but it could be alittle brighter and more opaque

post sum pics of the red ink

H隦bN
07-05-2008, 04:37 PM
aight im at work, so itll have to wait till tonight but ill get some up.

(SoS)Viruz
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
WTF you doin on here then Lol. By the Way added the Viniger... Im takin pics of it later to night. I made a small batch... So I'll let you guys know how it went.

H3TT1NG3R
07-05-2008, 08:22 PM
^take pics of the ame ink w/o vinegar and with, then show the buff results of both

remos
07-05-2008, 10:59 PM
heres my meth lab
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i53/wafflecakee/IMG_3489.jpg

snapple and gatoraid....nice

my meth lab is my garage, my parents still dont know im still into this :D

Haze..
07-06-2008, 09:06 PM
for all you people saying you cant mix paints and inks, your wrong, but you have to know what your doing.

1. you need a SOLVENT BASED INK
2.you need oil based paint, not any metallic colors, white works the best.
3.TIP: Garvey looks good in white rust-o.
4.It will leave ghosts if you don't use shitty inks.
5.you get really nice colors, because the white is opaque and the Garvey comes in red,black,and purple. i recommend the reds and purples.
6.Always add INK INTO PAINT, then stir and add more to receive desired color.

I may post pics of my dope ink, i may not, but that was just a tip.

Czar One
07-06-2008, 09:18 PM
no gas is petrolium, a hydrocarbon.

um..Alcohols are hyrdocarbons too just lettting you know.

Rambooboo
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
there are these things called choke cherries in my back yard the fall out of a tree when you mash them up the juices make this amazing ink i will post pix tomorrow it makes this fucsia color

Haze..
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
lol. atleast it wil lsmell good.

Rambooboo
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
they really dont smell good i have it really concentrated it is in a photo canister i will try to find my camera

EgoZen
07-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Bumpidy bump bump

kroc_oner
07-16-2008, 03:54 PM
first get all your supplys togther and sumthing to open your paint can
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0179.jpg

then open the can of paint and inset the funnel into your bottle or w'e
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0180.jpg

fill your bottle with about 2/3 of paint
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0181.jpg

next take our paint thinner and pour around 1/3 till your bottle is almost full
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0182.jpg
now pour about a cap or 2 of DOT 3BRAKE FLUID
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0183.jpg

then clean everything up and close your bottle once its closed shake it up real good
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/garakankro/DSCF0184.jpg

upster
07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
cant people just read that locked ink thread that is sticky?

(SoS)Viruz
07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
This Thread is for ppl Ink labs and Experiments bro. Thats all.
A Announcement- For you ppl who have the Window markers type mops with a Do'em dirty Ninb take out the Pump system. Look it dosen't like like crazy but the Nib is soo fuckin juicy. It made me almost have a Orgi. But seriously do it Just be sure not to have that shit up side down, and make sure you have a good ass cap. Makes good ass drips, but it use allot of ink.

kroc_oner
07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
ya they could but theres no flix so i made it easier

Mr yarbles
07-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Anybody know how to take the top off a white out pen to fill it?
and also andyone know If I can use ghetto junobo in it?

noxi
07-17-2008, 04:11 PM
To take off the top you gotta spin it clockwise. Yes, GJ will work, my GK did.

Mr yarbles
07-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Alright thanks I got it to work
Filled it with somepurple acrylic a little bit thinned out
Turned out really dope
I'll post up some flicks later if anyone wants to see.

CT08
07-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah man post some flicks

klic
07-17-2008, 10:48 PM
haha i just had the craziest idea that probably would never work but would happen if you mixed your ink with glow stick fluid?
would your tags glow in the dark at nite? just something im gonna have to try haha

Baron
07-17-2008, 10:58 PM
only last 4-12 hours, more likely less, might not even combine.

Haze..
07-18-2008, 01:43 PM
haha i just had the craziest idea that probably would never work but would happen if you mixed your ink with glow stick fluid?
would your tags glow in the dark at nite? just something im gonna have to try haha

haha, no way would it work, their different bases, and it would probably jsut fade away from rain ect

kroc_oner
07-18-2008, 02:32 PM
wht about if u mixed it with tht glow in the dark paint

SAID
07-18-2008, 02:37 PM
probably have different bases.
ive tried doing straight up liquid that glows in the dark, failed fucken bad.

IlikePie
07-18-2008, 02:41 PM
It probably wouldn't chemically bond, but it would mix for a while if you just shake it up before you use it. Like spray paint, it thickens and separates, so you shake it up before you use it. Could work, but glow sticks wouldn't work out so well, since they fade within hours. Use glow in the dark paint if you're going to try it.

SAID
07-18-2008, 02:45 PM
you would need the particles that glow in the dark to suspend in the liquid.
thus being very hard to do so.

Baron
07-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Glow sticks contain hydrogen peroxide and phenyl oxalate ester mixed with a fluorescent dye. The hydrogen peroxide is the one in the smaller tube. You can get glow powder and mix it with your paint/ink, but again, it will only last 5-12 hours. http://www.glonation.com/Products/GlowPowder/GlowPowder.html

I would like to know how to make that paint for the watch hands. You know the ones that always glow in the dark?

Edit: Just found out how those watch hands work. Phosphor is mixed with some radioactive (Tritium or promethium) element that continues to charge the phosphor :(

http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=14

Glow in the dark paint can be recharged with sunlight many times for a continuous glow

Scratch
07-19-2008, 12:02 AM
The glowstick fluid wouldnt make it glow in the dark, but the shit inside them is permanent as FUCK.

Idk if it would add to the stain of an ink, but i do know its wicked hard to get off shit alone.

Baron
07-19-2008, 06:09 PM
The glowstick fluid wouldnt make it glow in the dark, but the shit inside them is permanent as FUCK.

Idk if it would add to the stain of an ink, but i do know its wicked hard to get off shit alone.

Phenyl oxalate?

H隦bN
07-19-2008, 06:29 PM
a fluorescent dye.

Probably with the help of the above

H3TT1NG3R
07-19-2008, 09:57 PM
mmm i could use some flourescent pigments and dyes

H隦bN
07-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Indeed

Mr yarbles
07-20-2008, 12:48 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/e3a13.jpg
Here's a flick of the purple wite out pen

I wouldn't fill it with junobo since the lines are really small and it'll be easier to buff and probably wont smear or anything
Try using an ink that soaks in better like some pen ink or **** or something
Also these work on pretty much every surface I've hit roughs curbs and other shit like brick and it always works fine

fonone
07-20-2008, 01:26 AM
does it take like 20 minutes to do one tag though or does it come out reasonably fast

Mr yarbles
07-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Sometimes it'll stop flowing in the middle of the tag it's not too bad though
If you squeeze really hard and push down hard you usually don't get too many problems

(SoS)Viruz
07-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Yea it I hate that. Thats why I removed the Pump system. It works way better with out it. and if I squeez a lil I get sick as drips.

But a qestion for ghetto Junboo. If I get all the stuff Like the Paint, Thinner, 3dot. Can I like add a oil color later when I get one. Or when you make it you have to have everything right then and thier?

Haze..
07-20-2008, 01:54 PM
you can add it later. just shake well

Klaz
07-20-2008, 09:29 PM
heres a little ditty for you guys ;)
these are the krink k71 markers
http://www.graffiti-shop.nl/shop/images/k71_group01.jpg
these are might markers(theyre are paint and bleed through versions)
http://www.arromark.com/images/pens/mightymarker_paint.jpg
look quite similar,no?
that because theyre the same thing with the older krink markers you could acctualy take the kr lable off the marker and under it would be the mighty marker lable....
heres where you buy your mighty markers:
http://www.arromark.com/products/pens/mightymarker_paint.html
for the price of two kr markers(i believe it was two)you could get a box of 6 mighty markers....

i have all night and no plans so expect more posts ;)

yeah but Mighty Markers dont have Krink in them....

good post though, that was interesting haha.

IlikePie
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
Just make some ghetto krink then...

H隦bN
07-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Blue metallic Ink

99% Alc
1/2 bottle Blue resin dye (available at Micheals craft stores)
72 Blue pens (more can be used i just had 72)
half jar of NON acrylic based Blue calligraphy ink. (The real stuff not india ink)
1 jar of Silver calligraphy ink
half a cap of Dot 3
2 caps vineager

Works best out of a bingo dabber, or something similair. WILL NOT work out of a marker or ZIG. the metal flake will not make it through a standard Nib. must be mop like. This ink turns out ill as hell. Ill get some pics up loaded tonight.

Note- This can also be made with all red ingredientes replaces the blues. but blue comes out better lookin as a metallic

EgoZen
07-27-2008, 08:19 PM
What kind of pens did u use?

~Star~
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
i got a window paint marker from staples, i used the white ink that came in it, and i like how it writes so, i need a quick times recipe that i can make with shit i prolly already have? any help-skeez

路jaikone路
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM
is this the white out pen ur talking about?
cuz i was thinking about filling one of those.
http://static.eway.com/catalog/7/3805374_ioe.jpg
also, check these window paint markers i found. they look sick
http://www.elephantproducts.com/images/large/windowMarker.jpg

EgoZen
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Jater they have a valve right?...
My favourites are Edding window markers...
I had 3 now I`m down to two...

I just love how they flow and everything!...
Just pour that shit out, wash the nib and the valve
and put some Illadel ink in it and rock your city!

keenur
07-27-2008, 10:10 PM
jaik .. the dollarama white out pens are better then those ones

and those window markers look exactly like a woodcraft

H隦bN
07-28-2008, 02:43 AM
What kind of pens did u use?
straight up bics. Sams Club has 6 packs of 12 for like 4 bucks if you dont have large pockets :P So just follow the pen ink recipe and add the stuff i mentioned. Also this formula needs to be shaken before each use cause the metallics will seperate.

BadUncing69
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
where can i find a window marker, those look way better than the glue pens

Hobbes
07-28-2008, 11:46 PM
i got a window paint marker from staples

They look just like those ZIG postermans too which you can get at michaels I think, or maybe hobby lobby, if you can't find that window marker I'm sure you could find that, but heck you can find nearly anything you need at micheals/hobby lobby.

Is it just me, or are those 2 stores a graff writers dream?

Does anyone ever boost paint in mass amounts from those stores? I bet it wouldn't be too hard but maybe not worth it. I'd HATE to get banned from those stores, especially the entire chain never mind just 1 store.

路jaikone路
07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
k i just bought a whiteout pen. i have no ink at the moment and i wanted to know if i can use the white out.

same thing with the kiwi shoe polish, do u have to put ink in or can u use it with the shit in it already?

-GEKS-
07-29-2008, 10:09 AM
you can, shits so easy to buff tho. but who really cares ha

(SoS)Viruz
07-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I've seen those Window Markers on the Net but not in stores. Where can you get them???????

But A guys Dose anyone know if a Burn Makers Ink is good. Like a Molotow Burn Marker.

EgoZen
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
straight up bics. Sams Club has 6 packs of 12 for like 4 bucks if you dont have large pockets :P So just follow the pen ink recipe and add the stuff i mentioned. Also this formula needs to be shaken before each use cause the metallics will seperate.

That`s cheap, by us they are a little bit harder to get or I better say to
find for such a good price...

Anyway I mixed a new colour today...
Zenstar Crunk in Pinky Pink
http://a55.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_4e786b0cff8b4cfe001371d4e015225e.jpg

and filled a MOP with it (an Erdal, same as kiwi but cheaper!)
http://a505.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/35/l_a22a2f169946cc3e678768b78bae45c8.jpg
http://a878.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_adff5457a36e56c43b0ea54f0dc4abed.jpg
http://a702.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/53/l_2d939466ee09f603b0a4c626aac34a4d.jpg

路jaikone路
07-29-2008, 12:47 PM
has anyone ever used the zig two way glue things?

H3TT1NG3R
07-29-2008, 12:52 PM
^yes, and they are the sex

acereborn
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Yeah, they work decently. But you have to turn the valve the opposite way you normally would to open it, lol.

路jaikone路
07-29-2008, 12:56 PM
i posted this in the ink discussion thread and no one has replied to it. im not sure if this even makes sense but from what ive been reading, im trying to put shit together. k so, i got some whiteout pens and i want to fill one with ink. i dotn have any ink. can i mix rubbing alcohol with acryllic paint and put it in the pen?

路jaikone路
07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
nvm

Wallace
07-29-2008, 01:03 PM
everyone has

i posted this in the ink discussion thread and no one has replied to it. im not sure if this even makes sense but from what ive been reading, im trying to put shit together. k so, i got some whiteout pens and i want to fill one with ink. i dotn have any ink. can i mix rubbing alcohol with acryllic paint and put it in the pen?

no, you thin acrylic with water

路jaikone路
07-29-2008, 04:07 PM
i have the pen, im gonna wash it out. now the paint. how much water should i add?
this is the paint i have:
http://www.michaels.com/online/images/product/thumb/cp0229.jpg
or i could use this:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1436/700344626_3140f2f770.jpg?v=0

H3TT1NG3R
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
^the second picture will be better, just add more and more water into it until it flows smoothly, and you liek the consistancy. u could use the top paint, but i think it isnt as permanant, and the second one u can mix for more colors

SAID
07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
hettinger is right, but the paint doesnt really matter. One or way or another the paint is going to get buffed, but yes, the second choice for better quality.

EgoZen
07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Damn did you read my post?!!?!?
NOT MORE THAN 30%
Why?
Because:
Acrylic paint will NOT form a stable film of paint if it has been diluted with more than 30% of water..

My post from the ink discussion thread (it was the answer to all your questions...
But did you read them?)

buy a tube of acrylics and add not more than 30% water....
Even though acrylics can diluted with water they become
water resistant when they are dry

btw: both are the same actually...
Open both up and you will see what I mean...

And actually:
Dry acrylic paint is generally non-removable.Although isopropyl alcohol can lift some fresh paint films off. Toluene and acetone can remove paint films, but they do not lift paint stains very well and are not selective. The use of a solvent to remove paint will result in removal of all of the paint layers, acrylic gesso, etc.

Sure it is going to get buffed as all of the stuff...
Add propolis and it will stain... ;)

a little info...
You know what people say that junobo is latex based...
There was a time when Acrylics were called Latex paint...
Just search in the home depot for outside colours(they say acrylics
or latex on it..) they are easy to find because they are in the same bottles
like those little acrylics but bigger ;) and they have many different colours ;)

noxi
07-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Anyone know how to make Ank? People say its GK but how would they make the paint flow through markers so well. Ive made blue gk and put it in a zig but all it did was streak.

BadUncing69
07-30-2008, 02:43 AM
how can you make grog more darker?

keenur
07-30-2008, 12:16 PM
jaik kids in philly use white out pens with the white out in em .. but personally i think you should fill them with some white rusto door paint .. LOTTSA THINNER .. and a drop of dot 3 brake fluid .. and i know a place in our city where you can get the rusto door paint so just pm me .. i dont wanna say on forums

Mr yarbles
07-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Where the hell is the flow regulator in a white out pen?

duke101
07-31-2008, 08:02 AM
And actually,
dry acrylic paint comes off with soap and water.

EgoZen
07-31-2008, 09:14 AM
Funny I have some acrylics dried on my pc screen and I had to scrape them of with a
scalpel..
I did not get off with window cleaner!

And I also have soem acrylics on my pants and shit is still in it
and won`t go off even after 3 washes

H3TT1NG3R
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
there is no flow regulator in white out pen per se. on the metal tip, theres a spring, so when u push in, it flows out, kinda liek a water bottle wiht the nipple caps

Mr yarbles
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Oh damn
Anyway to make them flow better?

H3TT1NG3R
07-31-2008, 09:35 AM
i geuss thin ur paint or use ink

geritto
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
what happens if u use too much alchaol?

kwestion
07-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey just a small question. I was wondering when you transfer ink to a marker would you have to replace the nip or can you just use the same one.

example:
I have a red molotow marker. I want to put white grog inside it. Would i have to change the nib because it is already soaked in the red? or can i just let the white soak through the nib?

Thanks in advance

TAGurIT
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Your station looks like a meth lab XD

Mr yarbles
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM
Wash it off with water
or jsut put the ink in
For a little bit it'll come out whiteish red but the white will soak through pretty quick

Bazer
07-31-2008, 03:04 PM
y
o
u

c
a
n

d
e
l
e
t
e

y
o
u
r

o
w
n

p
o
s
t
s

r
e
t
a
r
d

路jaikone路
07-31-2008, 03:24 PM
jeez

EgoZen
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Zenstar Baby Crunk:
http://a597.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_e3d3d00643f8609b86ba882f865410b4.jpg

http://a468.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/9/l_376a050fd4177118239eeadf6f2ce8fb.jpg

keenur
07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Hey just a small question. I was wondering when you transfer ink to a marker would you have to replace the nip or can you just use the same one.

example:
I have a red molotow marker. I want to put white grog inside it. Would i have to change the nib because it is already soaked in the red? or can i just let the white soak through the nib?

Thanks in advance

you dont have to change the nib but if you want to clean it .. just soak it in some kind of alcohol

H3TT1NG3R
07-31-2008, 09:23 PM
nah grog white is oil based, ud be better off soakling it in paitn thinner for a day, then i guess trying to clean it out with water and or acetone. THEN you can use inks

~~>ANTIK<~~
08-01-2008, 01:27 AM
i was jus thinkin hav u guys ever heard of pomagranets?? *sp* der these fruits that are really known for how their juice will stain ur clothes like wen i used 2 eat dem wen i was little i wud always ruin my shirts by gettin juice all ovr dem... dat shit staind hella hard!! its like a red juice im gunna make red ink n a few dayz nd im gunna add dat shyt ill let u kno how it works

H3TT1NG3R
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
^good idea. but im not sure how it will stain walls, cuz clothign is ALOT different

H隦bN
08-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Figured id bring back this thread with some more beginner stuff, mostly to people who are just starting or just setting up there lab but there should be some nuggets of knowledge any one can appreciate

Sorry for the crappy pics my cameras flash is broke :(

Additives:
BB Juice
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/830/bbjuiceoi2.jpg
Dump a whole bag of BB's in a small glass jar. then fill the jar with vinegar enough to fill about a quarter inch over the BB's. Put on the lid and stash it. After a day or 2 you'll notice a definate difference in the liquid. It'll work now but the longer you wait the better. This stuff really helps with opaqueness and helps stain better too but smells like balls when mixed :/

Steel reserve-
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6628/steelwoolfk3.jpg
Drop on pad of steel wool in a jar. fill the jar with enough vinegar to completely cover the wool. Cap let sit for a long ass time. *2 - 3 months* Its yeilds a similair liquid to BB juice but is a dark grey in color rather than a brownish.

Resin Dyes -
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1629/resindyerh2.jpg
Found at Micheals Craft stores, comes in a pack of 3 colors for $10.49 works great for adding to colored pen bases such as red and blue. Pack also comes with a yellowish orange color.

Metallica -
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/6510/silverly4.jpg
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2492/liquidgoldlp6.jpg
One easy way to make cool metallic inks is to use one of 2 things either Speedball brand calligraphy ink, silver is bad ass and mixes wonderfully. *make sure it doesnt say acryillic on it* Blue Pen ink comes out tight as hell with this stuff.
The other choice is gold leafing liquid. Which actually also comes in silver and about 3 different tones of gold. And is Xylene based! So its some pretty serious stuff. These mix differently with different inks so experiment to find the best one. I tried to get a pic that would show how opaque this gold shit is but it didnt turn out real good but thats it on the lid and running down the jar.

Tips for Tots

-Always Label everything, It may not be a big deal in the beginning but after you amass tons of jars with similair looking inks you want to know the difference especially sense you are mixing chemicals and reusing jars.

-Never smell your ink! Sounds funny but seriously... that stuff stinks anyway.

-Clean up is easiest with what ever the base of the spilt ink is duh.. no soap and water here kiddies.

-Make base inks... lots of them. Not everyone does this but if you make a ton of pen ink as use them as "Base inks" it makes life easier. I generally like to have a large batch on hand of both strictly blue pen ink and one of strictly black pen ink. And sometimes a batch of red. This way you can use that to start from and then add additives to little parts and see what works before destroying an entire batch of ink.

EDIT: When making a base ink out of pens try to use less alcohol than you normallly would, they will come out alittle thicker and may be more of a bitch to make but it makes a huge difference when cutting in additives and such and you can always add more later.

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/4140/lab1nh9.jpg

Happy ink making! :)

EgoZen
08-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Lovely post!

H隦bN
08-09-2008, 02:00 AM
Bumpo

Offset
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Is there anything cool I can do wtih fabric dye(tintex)?
I found a shitload the other day.

Cesk
08-09-2008, 03:53 PM

example:

Thanks in advance

Nah man, when its that I usually get a shot glass (for like vodka shots) i fill it put with thinner, I put my nib in and I leave it there for like 4 hours. And voila :D
Itll work man :]

H隦bN
08-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Is there anything cool I can do wtih fabric dye(tintex)?
I found a shitload the other day.

I personally have never used it but im sure it could be used, especially as an additive, or maybe even a base i dunno how it would work on say.. metal though. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes

letsgobombin
08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
anyone know if poster paint could replace acrylic in the acrylic paint mix? is it the same thing?

FLIP FLOP
08-10-2008, 01:54 PM
if u use tintex you need to try very hard to get every bit of the powder out cuz it will clog up your nib. i used it once tryed to filter it through a coffee filter but it didnt work. it can be a very good colour if you do it right though.

Offset
08-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I'll run it through a sock a couple times. Do you think that will do the job good enough?

H隦bN
08-11-2008, 09:48 PM
If it wouldnt filter through a coffee filter then i doubt a sock will work better....

Made a bad ass purple metallic ink, pen based. With powdered glazing pigments. Pics and details tomorrow

fonone
08-12-2008, 05:14 AM
got some little bottles of 50ml woodstain, had all colours like black, red, green, blue, purple etc etc and added them to some grog, deff made it better. i'm going to try do some with some pen ink aswell, i assume it will work just as well.

FLIP FLOP
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
where did you get the little bottles of woodstain?

Vagrant
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
From the little-bottle-of-woodstain-fairy.
Her name is Google.

I think its French

Spark391
08-16-2008, 05:51 AM
I'm having troubles of getting the ink fully out of tubes, like I get a normal ink, but it seems that there are a lot of pigments and shit still left in the tubes. Why is that so? Maybe I should use stornger alcohol?
And will shoepolish mix with pen ink?

Mickey69
08-16-2008, 07:13 AM
where did you get the little bottles of woodstain?

hardware store? ive seen little bottles of feast watson woodstain.

oh and.

How much potassium permanganate should be going into an 8 oz /250ml ink recipe?

cheers.

Spark391
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
potassium permanganate

How much does that stuff cost? And how much does it help with your ink mixtures? They sell it in chemestry stores i quess?

Mickey69
08-16-2008, 06:57 PM
fairly cheap...they sell it at the chemist, ask the people there, and get the crystal form, it stains black.

Ketamine
08-18-2008, 05:11 AM
That looks like my friends living room...
he cooks meth.

fonone
08-18-2008, 06:21 AM
what a thug.

Rambooboo
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I'm having troubles of getting the ink fully out of tubes, like I get a normal ink, but it seems that there are a lot of pigments and shit still left in the tubes. Why is that so? Maybe I should use stornger alcohol?
And will shoepolish mix with pen ink?
not shoepolish shoe or boot DYE!!!!!!!

H隦bN
08-20-2008, 09:40 PM
take the left over pen tubes and put a rubber band around them then put them in a new jar with just a tiny bit of alc (just enough to cover about a quarter inch of the bottom of the pens) and it should pull the rest out after a day or 2. Then use this as an additive because it wont be as concentrated as the original. Thats what i do

fonone
08-21-2008, 07:38 AM
i spilt pen ink all over my desk and carpet... hahahaha. fuck.

H隦bN
08-22-2008, 12:06 AM
been there lol

EgoZen
08-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Baron
08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
What happens when you work from the trunk of your car you ask? A mess. My GJ started leaking and now it looks like i got toothpaste everywhere. My pen ink with silver tint leaked and it stained my backpack pretty good. The brake fluid ate through the bottle and its gone. And to cap it off I had some crayons in the car (i think they came with the car). For some reason they ended up on the dash and after i got back from work they melted ALL over my dash, going down 2 sides in an ugly purple/brown color getting into the carpet and the door.

I'm stuck between green pen ink with silver tint or gold?

Offset
09-01-2008, 03:11 PM
What happens when you work from the trunk of your car you ask? A mess. My GJ started leaking and now it looks like i got toothpaste everywhere. My pen ink with silver tint leaked and it stained my backpack pretty good. The brake fluid ate through the bottle and its gone. And to cap it off I had some crayons in the car (i think they came with the car). For some reason they ended up on the dash and after i got back from work they melted ALL over my dash, going down 2 sides in an ugly purple/brown color getting into the carpet and the door.

I'm stuck between green pen ink with silver tint or gold?

What are you using to tint the ink?
EDIT: My vote is gold

H隦bN
09-01-2008, 07:20 PM
ide use silver because it will lend its metallic properties without changing the color of the ink. Gold tends to change the inks color more, and what are you using?

(SoS)Viruz
09-01-2008, 08:23 PM
A I was wondering. I have my own Ink, and I wantted to know can I mix my OTR Cold Sweat ink with my Real ink to use it?

H隦bN
09-01-2008, 09:51 PM
depends on whether the bases mix or not, try mixing just a little bit in a jar and see if the just blend together or seperate. It'll be easy to tell

(SoS)Viruz
09-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Ight man. Thanks.

Im probobly going to get some Grog, and Zombie, and MOLTOW Ink and Try mixing them and doing muti- batches with each then trying one with all mix and see what it dose.

fonone
09-02-2008, 09:34 AM
grog is shit... the only good thing is that it's opaque. it washes straight off with alcohol and fades after a month. I assume molotow is pretty shit aswell, all of the aerosol paint brand markers are

Baron
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
ide use silver because it will lend its metallic properties without changing the color of the ink. Gold tends to change the inks color more, and what are you using?

Cant find it online but i know its in michaels. Its a liquid silver ink i believe. Last time I added it was sheer accident and it came out beautiful. I don't think it mixes with the ink but a simple bearing in a marker would fix that. It comes above the ink when you write, and a little goes a long way. Thanks for the tip about the gold too. I guess I'll do silver/green now.:D

(SoS)Viruz
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
grog is shit... the only good thing is that it's opaque. it washes straight off with alcohol and fades after a month. I assume molotow is pretty shit aswell, all of the aerosol paint brand markers are

Yea Grog is the Shit I got my hands on a lil a while ago and I have been stuck on it. Im ording some more of that shit. But Zombie is ILL NASTY, it Stains real Nice, dosent fade that fast or at all, DOSEN'T SCRAPE OFF. Which mean it gets into the surface good, and leave a nice ass Stain. Look into it. I recommend it.

Baron
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Holy hell batman, staples doesnt have green pens!

H隦bN
09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
haha, is the the caligraphy ink by chance? cause ive used that shit before and it came out pretty ballin. I Recently stumbled across powder craft pigments too for like adding to glazes and just about anything else but theres a few bad ass metallics that make ink look sic when you add some of it. And there handy cause some of the colors are like mettalic red or purple so it adds a different hue too.

Baron
09-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Yeah it is. I just need to find a damn store that has some green pens in bulk. I tried asking an employee but he was high as hell on meth

Facedorateur
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
I need help, ive got a recepy for my markers but i need to improve it:
-acrylic paint
-oil-based wood stainer
-2 caps of brake fluid
It works great on wood and you cant wash it off with water, but you can smudge it.
How do i make it dry faster.

noxi
09-03-2008, 09:43 PM
take out the brake fluid. Plus acrylic and oil based paint or wood stainer dont mix.

Baron
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
First off, Facedorateur, you have no idea what you are doing. You have no recipie at all. what you have is a luquid shit. You clicked on this thread saw different ingredients and thought they could all combine. Well you sir are a dumb ass. Acrylic is water base, it mixes with neither woodstainer or brakefluid. Your oilbased woodstainer mixes with nothing and your brakefluid is useless. Dont add it to oil based materials its pointless. Even if you had something that brakefluid would be good with 2 cap fulls is too much. You don't even give the ratios of the ingredients.
No shit you can't take it off with water, you can't even take sharpies off with water. I bet a little bit of thinner would take it right off. If you cant even make a recipie were even 2 of the ingredients makes sense then you need to sick with buying your paint/ink.
Dumbass.

H隦bN
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Haha chill homie, im sure he didnt know, And after all this is a "beginner" thread.

He is right though, yo shit aint gunna mix right. Just read through the beginning of this and the other recipe and ink discussion threads and that will give you a pretty good idea of what can go with what. This is Chemistry homie!

Sive
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
hey im have been making an ink with pens and alcohol, i added some china ink ( india ink ) what else can i add dats easy to get. Also i was thinkin bout gettin som acrylics cuz they have nice colours but how can i make it stain harder ?

noxi
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Go search, there are plenty of posts that informs you on stuff like that. Plus, india ink can be buffed by water.

And, does anyone have a good homemade black ink recipe? I dont have anything like marsh or pilot ink so i was wondering if anyone knows any recipes that can be made from things at walmart. Ive searched but the only black ink i can find is with things like pilot ink, corio, marsh, or w/e. Thanks

H隦bN
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
tar is quite useful in black inks, cook it down to a goo and then cut it in with one of your regular inks. if you use enough it should be more black than purple. Black is tricky cause most blacks are based in another color thats why black pens turn out purple ink.

And Sive, india ink sucks its easy to find but its a water base so not real good for staining. Start at the begining of this thread there should be plenty of staining recipes between this and the ink recipe thread, if you still have questions after you read them ill hook you up with some answers

Sive
09-15-2008, 08:28 AM
aight thx... Also i was thinking on doing an ink and adding some nail polish to give it a glossy effect has anyone tried dis?

Subconcious
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I just read through all 11 pages and... nobody posted any of the pics they were supposed to post...

Anyway, I'm pretty new to markers/inks/all that jazz so wtf is ghosting? And how is Smash White?

simple zen
09-15-2008, 04:32 PM
what inks should i look for when i go to michaels?

FLIP FLOP
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
the only non water based inks they have (that i know of) are little bottles of alchohol based dyes. i never tried them but they might be useful. you also might want to look for silver caligraphy ink but i dont realy know anything about it.

MontanaPainter
09-24-2008, 08:24 AM
hey im have been making an ink with pens and alcohol, i added some china ink ( india ink ) what else can i add dats easy to get. Also i was thinkin bout gettin som acrylics cuz they have nice colours but how can i make it stain harder ?
dont add india ink

pen ink is a killer as is

H隦bN
09-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Sub - Ghosting is when the ink shows through after it has been painted over leaving a "ghost" of the tag.

Sive - Micheals doesnt have much as far as usuable inks go, but you should look for resin dye which comes in a little plastic bag w 3 little bottles in it. 1 red 1 blue and 1 orange, they make good additives in pen ink. especially if you use the blue w blue pens red w red ect.

Sive - not sure about the nail polish, people have metioned the idea but no one has come back with results. Art supply stores sell alot of paint additives for oil and acrylic though that add a glossy finish and they do mix into pen ink because ive tried them. Also the have a slow dri chemical that i use alittle bit of rather than dot 3

And for all you noobers india ink sucks, unless you boil it all down to black pigment and then add it to alcohol or naptha (Concentrated lighter fluid found at lowes/home depot) Other wise its just dirty water.

H隦bN
09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Go search, there are plenty of posts that informs you on stuff like that. Plus, india ink can be buffed by water.

And, does anyone have a good homemade black ink recipe? I dont have anything like marsh or pilot ink so i was wondering if anyone knows any recipes that can be made from things at walmart. Ive searched but the only black ink i can find is with things like pilot ink, corio, marsh, or w/e. Thanks

Blacks are tricky without the stuff youve mention, i would do your best to try and cop at least one of them if your gunna be mixing a black ink. If not you could try a REALLY dark woodstainer or a black leather dye, also adding tar after it has been cooked down to goo if helpful, if you use the leather dye though you should be getting close.

Baron
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
the only non water based inks they have (that i know of) are little bottles of alchohol based dyes. i never tried them but they might be useful. you also might want to look for silver caligraphy ink but i dont realy know anything about it.

Make sure to read what kind of calligraphy ink you are getting because some of it may be water based.

Queezy
09-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Michaels has metallic leafing liquid which is xylene based, they have copper, silver, gold(different shades). Silver works dope, add a splash and your set. They also have the Pumpable glue pens which work great, sharpies and prismas for your blackbook.

H隦bN
09-25-2008, 01:45 PM
The only down fall to those is that xylene doesnt mix with alcohol. So if you try and mix those with pen ink it will turn out like shit. Trust me i tried, even tried seperating pigment from the liquid xylene and its a no go. You can fill a metal marker with them like they are though and its basically a deco

Queezy
09-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I probably should've mentioned that haha

H3TT1NG3R
09-25-2008, 05:56 PM
or you can add it to ur gk, and get some sick metallics. or if you want, u can add lecithin, or acetone as your ink base, then xylene will mix right in

H隦bN
09-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Word^ just thought id mention that it doesnt mix with alc for the little ink tykes lol. What exactly is lecithin? And where is the best place to buy Acetone? hardware store or something?

H3TT1NG3R
09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
acetone is nail polish remover, or u can buy it in cans like thiner at hardware stores. lecithin is the shit that is in mustard powder, it makes oil n alcohol or water mix

H隦bN
09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
oh right on, where might you find lecithin?

simple zen
09-26-2008, 12:59 AM
is the ghetto krink with half paint thinner and half paint good to put in a zig posterman? the big ones?

lance uppercut
09-26-2008, 01:11 AM
No lies here folks this recipe will manufacture INK! this will get you into trouble if you do this BE CAREFUL!
First of all let's talk about supplies:

1 Case Regular Pint size Mason Jars ( Used for canning)
2 Boxes Contact 12 hour time released tablets.
3 Bottles of Heet.
4 feet of surgical tubing.
1 Bottle of Rubbing Alchohol.
1 Gallon Muriatic Acid ( Used for cleaning concrete)
1 Gallon of Coleman's Fuel
1 Gallon of Aceton
1 Pack of Coffee Filters
1 Electric Skillet ( If you don't know what iam talking about i will have pics later)
4 Bottles Iodine Tincture 2% (don't get the declorized it won't work)
2 Bottles of Hydrogen peroxide
3 20 0z Coke Bottles (Plastic type)(with Lids/caps)
1 Can Red Devils Lye
1 Pair of sharp scissors
4 Boxes Book Matches (try to get the ones with brown/red striker pads)
1 pyrodex baking dish
1 Box execto razor blades single sided
1 digital scale that reads grams
2 gallons distilled water \
1 Roll Aluminum foil tape

That's what you would have to go buy if you wanted to make INK!
First things first -- the Iodine Crystals. Take one 20 oz, plastic Coke Bottle and pour 4 Bottles 2% tincture into it.
Add Hydrogen Peroxide to this. Use only 1/2 a bottle of Hydrogen peroxide. After this you know, the gallon jug that the Muriatic acid comes in take the cap off and fill this cap level with the acid. Add the acid to the coke bottle (Place in a freezer for at least 30 mins).
While the Iodine crystals are being made we are going to extract the Phsuedo from the Contacts. You are going to need a towel for this so go get one. Take the pills out of one box, add it to one of the mason jars fill with rubbing alchohol just enough to cover the pills let set for 3 minutes. Remove pills and take the towel and wipe the top coating off the pills this will remove the wax. Do the same with the other box of Contacts as well, after this add those wiped off pills only 10 to a clean mason jar. On top of this add 1 bottle of Heat do the same for the other box of Contact. Let theese two mason jars with pills, heat stand for 30 minutes. Then shake the jars till pills are completly broke down then let the jars sit again for 4 hours or until the Heats is completly clear . Once clear cyphon the heat off (Not the powder stuff at the Bottom you don't want this it will fuck your dope up).
Well anyway syphon the heat off with a piece of the sergical tubing syphon this into a pyrodex baking dish place in microwave on high till the heat is almost evaporated. Take out of microwave. Now plug up your electric plate set the pyrodex dish on this on about 180 deg continue evaporating till you get a white powder on the pyrodex (Carefull not the burn the phsudo if it turns yellow it's burned) after you get it dried take a razor blade and scrape this powder up. (put this asside for later use)
Now we are going to get the red phosphorus from the book matches take a pair of scissors and cut along the edge of the phosphorus do the whole four boxes of match book matches then take 1 small coffee cup will work to this coffee cup add about 1/4 the way with Acetone dip the match book strike pads into the acetone for 10 seconds this will loosen the phosphorus so it will be easier to scrape with the razor blades. ( put the phosphorus in an empty match book box to let dry. Now it's time to get the iodine crystals get a clean mason jar on top of this place 1 coffee filter and pour the contents of the iodine +muriatic+Hydrogen Peroxide into the filter ( do it slowly don't over pour) well once you get though with the filtering on top of the coffee filter will be a black substance ( This is iodine crystals) dry them by wraping in more coffee filters till you get a pretty good thick pile around the original filter place on ground and step on it to get the rest of the liquids off save this for the cook.
next take your digital scales wiegh your pills first say you had 2 grams of pill powder then weigh out an equal amount of iodine crystals then for the phosphorus devide the total weight of pills by 3 3 will go into 2 1 time so if you had 2 grams pill powder you should have 2 grams iodine crystal 1 gram phosphorus Now its time to make the cook jars you will need 2 clean mason jars with lids 1 foot surgical tubing poke a hole in both jar lids place one end of the tubing into each jar lid and seal with foil tape (buy this at walmart for about $ 1.60 well anyway seal off the tubes as well as you can so you should have 2 mason jars with lids that have surgical tubing foiled taped and sealed. ok this is the cook in one mason jar add distilled water in it fill it half way close the lid on it. now get you hotplate hot first at 180 degreese F when the plate get hot then its time to add the Iodine+pill powder to the other mason jar not the one with water in it once you get both Iodine and pill powder to the jar add 6-10 drops of distilled water to this place it on the hotplate now add the phosphorus once you put this in the jar there is going to be a imediatereaction place the other lid with hose onto the jar screw on tightly then turn your hotplate up to 400 degrees f let this cook for 1 hour to an hour and a half the best way to tell when it is done is when the contents of the cook jar doesn't boil anymore once this has happened turn the hotplate off and let the jar cool so you can touch it now its time to see if we have dope once it has cooled open the lid and you should smell rotten egg like smell if it has this smell congrads you have dope now we have to remove the dope from the black goey substance to this jar add about 1/4 cup of distilled water and seal the jar with a lid that has no holes in it and shake the jar till all the substance on the botom of the jar has come off into the water
next take another clean mason jar and place a coffee filter and filter the cook jars contents though the filter now on the filter is your phosphorus save this for another cook later on just putt it in a dry coffee filter and put it somewhere dry and safe now you have a jar filled with a yellow honey looking substance if its this color you have done good at cooking the dope now to this add colemans fuel fill the jar about full just leave anough room for shaking now add 1-2 table spoons red devil lye let the jar sit for about 5 mins then place lid on the jar and shake the hell out of it then sit the jar somewhere to rest for about 30 mins Now we are going to pull the dope out of the coleman fuel and the product is going to be 90% methamphetamine to do this fallow what i say exactly syphon the coleman fuel into an empty 20 oz coke bottle syphon off much as you can trying not to get the substance off the bottom of the jar once you have the coleman fuel in the coke bottle add about 4-6 coke bottle caps of water to this now add one drop of muriatic acid to the coke bottle place lid on bottle and shake the hell out of it place upside down so it want fall and get your hotplate hot 400 degrees f on top of the hotplate place a clean pyrodex bowl on it now take the coke bottle still upside down and loosen up on the cap let the water drain into the pan don't get any coleman fuel into the pyrodex bowl now the water will evaporate while it is doing this take a coffee cup add acetone to it fill it 1/4 the way up now once the water has dried on the plate take plate off with gloves and add a small amount of acetone to the pyrodex bowl it will sizzle swirl it arouund and if all works out good ther will be cirle crystals all over the pyrodex bowl scrape up with a razor and enjoy INK! :-) This with 2 boxes of Contacts will make anywhere from 2-3 marker refills....

Vagrant
09-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Get all the little ink tykes hooked on Crystal Meth... awesome.

H隦bN
09-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Right.... ink huh

Olick
09-26-2008, 10:36 PM
did no one noticed the candy ink website posted up? =O

kroc_oner
09-27-2008, 06:44 PM
dont click tht shit u will strt to hate life

Queezy
09-27-2008, 06:46 PM
hahahhhaaa

EgoZen
10-03-2008, 11:44 AM
bump this bitch

Sanc_one
10-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Guys... just tell me a recipe for ink which is cheap and flow fine with that window markers. Thanks.
http://shrani.si/f/y/kj/4yA4YkTk/fluorescentchalkmarker.jpg

Aker.ATK
10-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Here's a question for you guys. I've got a bunch of window markers and a lot of acrylic paint, and i want to make those two work together. Any tips?

Vagrant
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
thin the acrylic with water. no more that 30% water.
there you go.

perfect paint recipe for a window writer if its a bingo dauber style nib and not a solid marker nib.

Aker.ATK
10-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Awesome, thanks! actually i have no idea what kind of nib it is, but i'll give it a try (:

H隦bN
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
if it looks spongy itll work. Sanc same goes for you

Sanc_one
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Acryl definitely not flow good for window marker with pump system. I tried this and didnt work. Any other ideas?

H隦bN
10-06-2008, 06:31 PM
ok so its like a pump marker nib. like a molotow... it might work if you thinned the shit out of the acrylic but it would probly be streaky. Pen ink would work if maybe youve got a decent recipe. Woodstain is one other option or a mix of stain and something else like pen ink or pvc primer or the like. its just gotta be really thin whatever it is

Aker.ATK
10-07-2008, 12:58 AM
oh sucks... yeah it is the same system as a paint marker basically, so that won't work.. well i'll try some ther stuff from the ink recipe thread

Justinm
10-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Anyone know if dot 4 brake fluid works? I got that shit laying round...

H3TT1NG3R
10-07-2008, 08:32 PM
yea add like 8 drops to a cup of INK. never use in anythign but ink.

Mickey69
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
ur not supposed to use DOT4?

Vagrant
10-07-2008, 09:50 PM
frankly i dont see why it would matter.
the only difference between 3 and 4 is the boiling point.
they're made out of the same things.

H隦bN
10-10-2008, 02:06 AM
found some pretty tight mini mops at Staples today. there 98 cents a piece.
The nib is kinda weak and would tear up real quick on rough surfaces but you could easily replace it with some thing else. they work damn good on smooth surfaces though. its a one inch nib with a pretty fat resevoir and work real well with thinned acrylics. also in the pic is a stamp pad refiller thought it was gunna have a better nib but i was wrong but it also could be made better. Only problem with the little mops is that they leak at the seams of the cap so taping it up is a must.

well i had pictures but ill have to uplaod them tomorrow cause my scanner camera thing is not behaving. The called envelope moisteners though if someone want to find em, there next to the white out in staples. office max does not carry them.
heres the 98 cent ones
http://www.staples.com/sbd/img/cat/std/s0204628_std.jpg
^1 inch nib, palm sized over all

and heres some that come in a pack of 4 for 10 bucks, you can probly find singles though..
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/6c/ec/86/36863992-177x150-0-0_.jpg

Zire
10-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Just got some of that nero ink, its fucking good but it stinks well bad and if you spill it good luck trying to clean it. and vagrants right about the brake fluid.

denaaa
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
yoo just wondering can i make GK out of rust paintt or any outdoor house paints cause i have maddddddd cans of that shitt