PDA

View Full Version : The Punk Rock Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Jet
01-31-2008, 11:59 AM
yeah you don't know what crust is.

crusties don't care about fashion. they don't spend hundreds of dollars to buy plaid bondage pants, boots, distressed shirts, leather jackets, pounds and pounds of metal studs and spikes, patches, buttons, and hair color.
Thats not crust. Thats whatever you want to call The Casualties.

Crusties hold house shows, always wear the same clothes, which usually come from thrift stores or old as hell shows, don't wash them, don't wash themselves, tattoos and piercings perhaps, hair is usually dreaded and not colored or spiked. Smoke. Drink a lot.
#1 Killer of good local scenes?
haha. Crust is basically underground punk and is what is keeping punk alive.
I say again. You don't know what crust is.

well this could debate forever but I will go on with my point of view.

In Miami there is a crust house called the Firefly, they have local shows, a library, and cookouts all the time.

However, all the shows they have only have the exact same 4 or 5 crust bands, they will not let any other type of band play, they are assholes to everyone that's not wearing a brown shirt with a nausea patch sewn on, and they are some of the most closed minded people I've ever met, roughly on the same level as organized religion.

I think you misunderstood what I was talking about the Ebay clothing

hee is an example of what I'm talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PUNK-BONDAGE-PANTS-CRUST-DIY_W0QQitemZ220197477031QQihZ012QQcategoryZ57989Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

these sell all the time for $70 +, and they are usually shorts but it's standard crust uniform. True, "real" crusties make their own clothes and sew all their own patches, but at least half of the crusties I've seen pop up in the last 6 months have dove-in head first to the culture purely because it's hot right now, so they buy bikes and ride them everywhere, and buy patches from crustpunks.com (seriously, I geard a kid ask a crusty wherer he got his COnflict patch and that's the website he endorsed)

so to the crusties that sew their own clothes with stolen fabric and stolen dental floss and get all their patches from distros and touring bands, I can respect that. but to all the fashonable fuckers who were listening to Operation Ivy and Lefrover Crack 6 months ago and now only listen to Rabia and Caustic Christ. Fuck off.

no beef with Vagrant, I just miss the way kids would actually dance and half fun at local shows and no be too cool to be friends with people that didn't dress exactly the same as them.

Vagrant
01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
i don't really think this is a debate that will go on forever, considering I agree with most of what you just said.

you are correct about the e-bay clothing. i've never seen anything like that, and its fucking sickening. I was talking about the usual plaid zippered bondage pants by the company Dogpile or Tripp NYC or something:
http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=399&idproduct=76772
And ultra-studded and painted leather jackets. You know, the type of stuff usually worn by "street punks" or whatever you want to call them.
Those pants you showed are a damn disgrace. They look like shit too.
You are completely right about real crusties making their own clothes and sewing on their own patches. Stolen fabric (or thrift shop items) dental floss, and patches purchased at distro tables at actual shows of the band they want a patch of.
You are completely right. But what you don't realize is that the house and lot of "crusties" that you mentioned don't count and you even said so yourself. When talking about clothing you said "real crusties". That house and group of assholes in Miami are not real crusties. They don't deserve to be called crust, and therefor you cannot judge Crust-Punk on that observation.

Forgive me for saying you don't know what crust is.

If you want to experience a true crust house, come up here to Appleton Wisconsin. Our local house is the shit. They get bands from all around to play (when the owners of the house aren't touring themselves) they are friendly, outgoing, talk to everyone no matter what color shirt their wearing or what patches they have on if any, let anyone come to shows, put on GOOD shows, and generally make fools of themselves for others amusement. Granted they are a bit more Thrash than Crust, but from what you described in Miami, they're definitely on the crust list.

Jet
01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
good to hear.

I actually do get glimpses of decent crusties every once in a while at Food Not BOmbs. I have a lot more respect for the vagrant (no pun intended) folk-crusties than I do the metal-ish ones. I love FNB and riot folk and all that stuff and do actually run a small local distro myself but it's mostly punk and hardcore, so I must say I envy the scene you have up there and I think I will have a fresh start on crusties when I move to Boston, hopefully they're better then the ones here...

cast LI
01-31-2008, 07:11 PM
yo jet are you from NY?

Vagrant
01-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Jet, I love you. You have very good taste.

cast LI
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
on the subject of making your own shit

just repainted my vest. banksy obviously on the back. and world inferno friendship society on thje side

everything else on here i put on myself. the jacket was stolen from H&M and then i ripped off the sleeves.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0872.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0877.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0881.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0883.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0884.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0885.jpg

5Funerals
01-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Jesus Fuck.

Crust is good but it is deffinitely not what keeping punk alive. There shouldnt be such distinctions between the different subgenres. Its all punk and the intentions are the same. Everyone is working for the same thing except for the idiots who pose but dont know shit.

elcs
02-01-2008, 01:41 AM
yes, there should be such distinctions between subgeneras. each subgenera is an entirely different style of punk rock all with entirely different messages and goals. hell, even crust punk is a broad term encompassing bands from crass to nausea to skitsystem to his hero is gone.

Vagrant
02-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Nazi Skinheads have the same intentions as vegan Crusties?

eska
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
not even reading every page of this thread, so i have no idea what's going on after page 1, but all i have to say is if you say you're some huge punk and you dont listen to GBH or 7 Seconds then get your head out of your ass

STR-WHO
02-01-2008, 10:51 PM
leftover crack,leftover crack, leftover crack, leftover crack, leftover crack

5Funerals
02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
eska I think that could be debated haha. And I dont think 7 Seconds and GBH are bad either.

Anyways,
Im not saying that the subgenres shouldnt be classified separately im just saying that I want to go to a show with a grind band, a ska band, a hardcore band, and a pop punk band all playing on the same bill. The unity is dead, atleast where I am at.

cast LI
02-02-2008, 08:49 AM
5 funerals.... if thats in any way related to bomb the music industry...i love you.

Vagrant
02-03-2008, 11:21 PM
My local house has had Thrash, Grindcore, and Pop Punk all on the same night.

Jet
02-06-2008, 04:59 PM
ok I decided this thread should be like the hip hop thread and givve out CD's.

I don't ahve any uploaded yet but I'll link a few:

Crass- Stations of the Crass
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ye5236fb

Subhumans- The Day The Country Died
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=f883gg50

The Briefs- Hit After Hit (sooooo good!)
http://megadownload.net/file/rs/14184828/the_briefs_-_hit_after_hit__2000_.rar

everybody should post their favorite albums.

cast LI
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
ohh alright. i thought maybe cause you said food not bombs but then i realized how stupid i was to think its only in NY

the one here is awesome like last year we were fixing this house that was completely destroyed with graff.

and fuck yeah! world inferno! and gogol bordello!

start wearing purple!

Jet
02-06-2008, 06:09 PM
all your sanity and wits they will all vanish

I promise

it's just a matter of time!

Jet
02-07-2008, 06:29 PM
can someone upoload the We Know You Suck album by JFA?

I can't get the full torrent anywhere.

elcs
02-07-2008, 10:22 PM
i think i have it on my computer still, i'll check

elcs
02-07-2008, 10:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YpifgqO-L._AA280_.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?614bx7o9m5z

cast LI
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Feb 27th / 28th - Flogging Molly @ Irving Plaza

h!de7
02-11-2008, 11:03 AM
the new anti flag CD, Under Attack, is amazing.
i like dead kennedys, like MTV get off the air
and california uber alles.

yeaaaaaaah cool stuff.

Jet
02-11-2008, 12:24 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YpifgqO-L._AA280_.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?614bx7o9m5z (http://www.mediafire.com/?614bx7o9m5z)

thank you!

and to this kid abouve me: anti flag is shittttttty but you can't go wrong listening to Dead Kennedys. I went to see Agent Orange last weekend and they covered Police Truck, shit was nuts.

Vagrant
02-11-2008, 01:07 PM
anti-flag = sellouts

cast LI
02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
anti-flag sucks dick.

sex without condoms
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
pfft flogging molly is super shitty.

if your looking for irish punk why not go for the toasters or something.

cast LI
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
you meant he tossers?

teh toasters are a ska band

sex without condoms
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
i know who the toasters are.
and yeah i meant the toasters.

and personally yeah i know the toasters and they refer to themselves as punk not ska even though i can agree with you on them being ska.
but seriously fuck flogging molly.
anyhow.

cheeyeahh beetches
http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v73/115/0/514703630/n514703630_42480_6532.jpg

cast LI
02-11-2008, 08:26 PM
oh well to each his own

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_1001.jpg

blow your brains out on live TV!!!!! blow your brains out!! do it! do it!!!!!!!!

bomb hte music industry ftw

sex without condoms
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
i miss more of the femanist punk rock.
i want more bikini kill

and i miss the Runaways

Joan Jett<333

vegimite on toast
02-12-2008, 11:00 PM
i know who the toasters are.
and yeah i meant the toasters.

and personally yeah i know the toasters and they refer to themselves as punk

you dont know what you're talking about

sex without condoms
02-12-2008, 11:57 PM
w.e

anyone like melt banana ?

JetBlack
02-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Toasters - Ska band from NY
Dead Kennedys - MOST UBER PWNAGE BAND TO EVER GRACE THE EARTH (under statement)
Flogging Molly - Pretty dope.
Gogol Bordello - Super crazy cool band that is combining the gypsy with the punk.
Anti-flag - Meh.

Just wanted to clarify all the bands being discussed. I also think we should use this thread for Psychobilly. I mean it is like punks crazy hick cousin.

also:

KINKY SEX MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!

vegimite on toast
02-13-2008, 02:23 AM
w.e

anyone like melt banana ?

i only liked bambis dilemma
none of the other albums

cast LI
02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Toasters - Ska band from NY
Dead Kennedys - MOST UBER PWNAGE BAND TO EVER GRACE THE EARTH (under statement)
Flogging Molly - Pretty dope.
Gogol Bordello - Super crazy cool band that is combining the gypsy with the punk.
Anti-flag - Meh.

Just wanted to clarify all the bands being discussed. I also think we should use this thread for Psychobilly. I mean it is like punks crazy hick cousin.

word. horrorpops.

i worked at a resturaun this summer and one day this group of like 5 psychobilly people came in and it was amazing. monstrous elvis hair, the biggest chops ever seen, shitty tatoos, and cowbooy boots. respek!

whatadizaster!
02-13-2008, 05:31 PM
punks dead

go with ska!

Jet
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM
you got it backwards buddy.

there are hardly and good ska bands left.

and Horrorpops are pretty shitty, I saw them live a couple times and they really blow live, their CD's are ok.

anyway the Horrorpops guitar players band (Nekromantix) are AMAZING they were really good live and really pushed the psycobilly genre into the limelite after the Cramps and all that stuff.

sex without condoms
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM
my friends were having a fight today about whether the stray cats are psychobilly or rockabilly
any opinions?

and Vegi i completely agree except i liked some of the songs on Teeny Shiny and Speak Squeak Creak

STR-WHO
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
punks dead

go with ska!

yeeeeeeeeeeeee boi

whatadizaster!
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
you got it backwards buddy.

there are hardly and good ska bands left.

and Horrorpops are pretty shitty, I saw them live a couple times and they really blow live, their CD's are ok.

anyway the Horrorpops guitar players band (Nekromantix) are AMAZING they were really good live and really pushed the psycobilly genre into the limelite after the Cramps and all that stuff.

yeah, you cant find anyone close to slapstick, but i like the way streetlight's going.

AMansNotACamel
02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Blink 182!

vegimite on toast
02-13-2008, 10:35 PM
fuck yeah!

sex without condoms
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
yeah, you cant find anyone close to slapstick, but i like the way streetlight's going.

i gotta agree with you partially on this.

even though your above statement of " punk is dead, go with ska!"(or w.e it was) is ridiculous, I must agree with you on your Streetlight Manifesto statement. they are pretty kickass.

and just for kicks...

we're gonna have a tv party tonight!
Alright!
we're gonna have a tv party alright!
Tonight!

whatadizaster!
02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
black flag!

edit :)

sex without condoms
02-14-2008, 12:18 AM
we've got nothing better to do
then watch tv and have a couple of brews.

Jet
02-14-2008, 09:20 AM
don't talk about anything else.

we don't wanna know!

We're dedicated

to our favorite shows!

sex without condoms
02-14-2008, 03:33 PM
isn't it

we're gonna watch
our favorite shows!

kausone
02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
7 seconds
leftover crack

whatadizaster!
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
choking v

sex without condoms
02-14-2008, 05:06 PM
7 seconds
leftover crack

7 seconds, so good.

i don't think a single one of their cds is bad. they are all so amazing.

Jet
02-14-2008, 06:57 PM
uggg I can't listen to 7 seconds at all. Can't stand the voice

and I checked the lyrics for TV party and it is "dedicated"

(I thought waht you said was it for a long time and I was listening to it at work and I was just like woah! that's not what it is at all!")

kausone
02-14-2008, 07:42 PM
minor threat?
old afi?
bad brains?
dillinger 4?

cast LI
02-16-2008, 01:46 AM
good man kaus, just add gorilla biscuits and we're set lol

im not sure i like streetlight anymore, like all the fuckin hype and 4 years to put out an album that sounds exactly like the other one. big dissapointment.

whatadizaster!
02-16-2008, 01:50 AM
nah. first album had some good shit but i didnt like every song on it. i can listen to somewhere in the between all the way through. the horns are amazing. plus seeing them live will only make you love them even more

cast LI
02-16-2008, 02:19 AM
i've seen them live 4 times. being from jersey, they play in NY alot.

you should check out the arrogant sons of bitches. they're broken up, but absolutly amazing.

whatadizaster!
02-16-2008, 02:28 AM
shitty recordings <3
definately amazing btw.

Incite
02-16-2008, 02:33 AM
i laugh at people who dislike a punk rock band once they go mainstream

they're on their dick one day, the next they act like they never like them

kids

cast LI
02-16-2008, 12:26 PM
whos that directed too?

Jet
02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't care if a band gets popular. I care when they change their sound to get more popular.

Against Me is a perfect example. They started getting big before they started sucking hardcore.

anyway go listen to Iggy Pop.

JetBlack
02-17-2008, 01:17 AM
Well going mainstream is usually associated with making shitty music, so why not dislike them for it? I mean, Weezer was always one of my favorite bands. They were always pretty popular. Became main stream but kept making good music.

On the other hand, TSOL started out a kick ass band and then went through a like hair band phase when they got some popularity. So if someone asks if TSOL is a good band, Im gonna say yeah, but they made some shitty music too. Doesnt mean Im not gonna listen to old TSOL. I shall. Because they kick ass.

PROMO
02-17-2008, 10:06 PM
good man kaus, just add gorilla biscuits and we're set lol

im not sure i like streetlight anymore, like all the fuckin hype and 4 years to put out an album that sounds exactly like the other one. big dissapointment.

I can't agree more. They should have never rerecorded keasbey so that way we would have somewhere in the between plus one more new album.
wait a minute my tv doesn't work

JetBlack
02-18-2008, 08:54 PM
I got a question for the punks. Its a gay question, just give me shit about it later.

Ive been putting patches onto my jacket for a while, and it was getting pretty dirty, so I decided to wash it. And when I took it out of the drier, all my patches were all frayed and the seams had torn out. So I was wondering, do I wash it in cold water instead? Or hang it to dry? I just dont wanna have to resew all my patches again. It took way too long the first time.

PROMO
02-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Be a man! Don't wash it!

Are they stitched on or ironed on?

JetBlack
02-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Stitched. And it was startin to get pretty dirty so....

PROMO
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
idk maybe like a gentle cold wash or do the old fashioned way by hand. Also let it air dry. Drape it over a chair or something

Vagrant
02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
should have either spot washed by hand or not washed it.
personally I wouldn't have washed it. Punks are supposed to be dirty.
did you hand stitch the patches on? if so, it frayed because hand stitching is generally weak because you only use one thread. use a sewing machine or hand stitch it a second time so the stitches interlock.
If you don't want to do that then stitch a border around the patch before you sew it on. Thats not as strong as using a sewing machine but its better than a weak single thread stitch.

Talking about sewing and using sewing machines isn't gay. its part of punk culture. DIY.

cast LI
02-24-2008, 07:08 PM
word.

my jacket has like 18 hours of work on it lmao

JetBlack
02-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I dont think the problem was that I ran it through the washer, I think it was because all my patches shrank from their first wash. I think I might just cold wash it and hang it to dry next time. Or maybe just like get into the bathtub with it still on. Whatever.

I think I might start a camo vest soon. How do you guys make sure your backpatches are on straight?

Scream Out
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
just make it crooked, it looks dumb if everything is perfect about it, you'll just look like a boy scout

aka, eyeball it and hope for the best

cast LI
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I dont think the problem was that I ran it through the washer, I think it was because all my patches shrank from their first wash. I think I might just cold wash it and hang it to dry next time. Or maybe just like get into the bathtub with it still on. Whatever.

I think I might start a camo vest soon. How do you guys make sure your backpatches are on straight?

i stenciled the back of mine. just put the patch on with safety pins to make sure its straight then sew the edges down and when your done, take out the pins.

nefore i learned how to sew i used to put patches on wth studs haha i'd just lift as many stud belts as i could and pull all the studs off. now i have like 5000 pyramids and nothing to do with em

cast LI
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
heres teh stencil. i touched it up a little bit cause i got lazy when i did it originally and it was a lottle sloppy. white is primer and black is some oil based artist paint i stole form michaels. stencil done with the freezer paper/iron thing

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0872.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc205/pooptart666/IMG_0877.jpg

pretentious asshole
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
just make it crooked, it looks dumb if everything is perfect about it, you'll just look like a boy scout

aka, eyeball it and hope for the best

Or, you could just stop worrying about being fashionable and buy records instead of patches, go to shows, start a zine, book a show, or something as equally as productive.

JetBlack
02-25-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah. I own enough fucking records, Im a DJ. And Im in a ska-punk band. So now Im going to put a back patch onto my jacket. Shut the fuck up about it.

AMansNotACamel
02-25-2008, 01:59 AM
so you can't be punk if you don't wear a patched up jacket or if you sign a contract to allow yourself to eat. Every band progresses, obviously their sound changes, and I'm sure, if you were in a band getting paid $0 you would rather change your sound a bit to make more cashmoney. When you think about it a bands head should be thinking, fuck the fans they only like us cas their friends like us, a record company offers mad moola to do what we normally do with a little bit of tweaking Lol.

pretentious asshole
02-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah. I own enough fucking records, Im a DJ. And Im in a ska-punk band. So now Im going to put a back patch onto my jacket. Shut the fuck up about it.

Ska-punk, heh, what an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with patches dude, you just sounded really lame asking about it. :cool:

JetBlack
02-25-2008, 03:46 AM
I have no idea what you people are talking about. But I dont see why people have to like prove their punk-ness before they talk about sewing patches. I listen to the music. Way before I got into the fashion. I also like hip hops style, I also like Psychobilly and rudeboy fashion. I listen to the music, Im into the scene, so Ill dress that way if I want to. I dont. Because I dont need a genre to tell me who I am. But if I want to, I dont have to prove it to anyone. If you want to point your finger at a poser, go find a Greenday fanatic with studded bracelets or some shit.

Whatever. It feels like Im constantly preaching on this thread. And ska-punk is the bomb.

cast LI
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
yeah up ska punk.

but on hte backpatch thing just use safety pins to line it up even and then sew it

Mr Tasty
02-26-2008, 12:22 PM
live365.com is a good punk radio station

rasta or die
02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
anyone ever listen
to Gorilla Biscuits?
orr
The Business.

cast LI
02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
yeahhhhhhhh

gorilla biscuits in ya fuckin HEAD!

one mo time and you'll be DEAD!

vegimite on toast
02-27-2008, 01:13 AM
http://www.opendemocracy.net/content/articles/955/images/2.%20Get%20your%20strength%20thru%20Oi%21.jpg

Vagrant
02-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I've been meaning to flick this for a while.
It's my old studded jacket. It had more patches and buttons on it but they got taken off and put on other things.
Its actually fake-leather, which was cool because I was a vegetarian at the time.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/vagrantone0/StuddedJacketFront.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/vagrantone0/StuddedJacketBack.jpg

weak0ner
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
punk is dead, well in my city anyway.

Vagrant
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
im sorry

ps. the DFA in your signature isn't refering to the band is it?

elcs
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM
DFA is sick

Vagrant
02-29-2008, 02:49 PM
fuck yeah

Whenever I listen to DFA in my car I get pulled over for speeding...
or wreakless driving.......
or vehicular manslaughter

JetBlack
03-01-2008, 03:26 AM
Underground Army, much?

Btw, dope jacket. So whos touring, where the shows at?

cast LI
03-01-2008, 01:40 PM
anyone in hte NY area

strike anywhere at the knitting factory on march 1

flaming tsunamis, the fad, tomahawk chop @ mccoys in commack NY on march 22

JetBlack
03-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Im actually like way on the other coast. But if anyone knows any LA shows...

Oh, and INDK pwns. I know this now.

whatadizaster!
03-04-2008, 02:28 AM
lol ^
good man

PROMO
03-04-2008, 09:03 PM
How about that new dang-fangled Black Flag? Anybody ever here of them?

elcs
03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
How about that new dang-fangled Black Flag? Anybody ever here of them?

i have a black flag tattoo...

cast LI
03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
flaming flaming tsunamis show got cancelled

is anyone on LI or in NYC knows an available venue for march 22 it would be rad

wafflecakee
03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
i cant believe the things we say!

elcs
03-05-2008, 02:26 AM
gorilla biscuits was fun live...

JetBlack
03-05-2008, 02:48 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGD976KP
Morning Glory - The Whole World's Watching

Gorilla Biscuits sound like a fun show. My band is playing the 21st. Our first and possibly last show. I wanna do something memorable though, you guys got any ideas? Maybe break my friends guitar over someones head? Punch everyone in the crowd that comes up to me in the face? Strangle someone with my mic cord? I mean, Im open to whatevers....

AMansNotACamel
03-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Being a cunt in general is always a good start. Play Averal Levigne songs, piss on the crowd, get mad drunk, be racist/homophobic, mime obviously etc.
Anyway, Frenzal Rhomb is ballin, stoked I found a cd of the punkest band on earth in my car after I got sick of Necro.

JetBlack
03-09-2008, 04:28 PM
I think I can handle that.

Anyone have any give up the ghost?

cast LI
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
nah

but you can pull a ASOB and fill your mouth up with beer then shower everyone in the crowd with it.

also before you play get so drunk that you cant even tell what your saying anymore. and if anyone requests a song, by all means do not play it.

wafflecakee
03-10-2008, 08:18 PM
i wish id seen gorilla biscuts live... the closest thing ive seen was defiance, ohio playing things we say. That ruled though, best show ever.

cast LI
03-10-2008, 10:46 PM
defiance ohio owns shit

look up this bike is a pipe bomb and johnny hobo and the frieght trains.

johnny hobo broke up but he started a new band called washing machine wingnuts or some shit. ig ot got the name but they're really fuckin good too.

elcs
03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb is great.

Jet
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Wingnut Dishwashers Union is Johnny Hobos new band I believe.

wafflecakee
03-11-2008, 01:34 AM
of course i know them! im kind of a folk punk nut...

cast LI
03-11-2008, 08:14 PM
yeahhhh thats it.

folk punk fucking owns.

i think im goin to murphey's law on st patricks day this years yeahhhhhhh boy

sex without condoms
03-11-2008, 08:24 PM
i wish id seen gorilla biscuts live... the closest thing ive seen was defiance, ohio playing things we say. That ruled though, best show ever.

gorilla biscuits is amazing live.
oh so amazing.

BoRe-719-
03-14-2008, 11:38 PM
yeahhhh thats it.

folk punk fucking owns.

i think im goin to murphey's law on st patricks day this years yeahhhhhhh boy
yo nice avatar gb owns
?rebel spell?

cast LI
03-14-2008, 11:48 PM
ehhhh not really a fan. they seem like a joke. or the casualties.

its like grrrahh im so mad capitalism global warming war rahhhhh fuck george bush rah anarhcy garhhhhhh.

as opposed to songs about donkey kong hahaha.

thats the only thing i dont like about the general punk scene is like all the guys who are all about being pissed off at the government and they dont even know why.

just have a good time! get drunk and rock out haha

5Funerals
03-16-2008, 12:29 AM
myspace.com/karatechrist

Vagrant
03-16-2008, 04:31 PM
lots of good bands listed.
anyone who likes Defiance Ohio, TBIAPB, and Johnny Hobo, I recomend Punkin Pie. They are formerly Rosa, but went electric.

cast LI
03-16-2008, 05:24 PM
wanna hook my up with a torrent or getfile or something?>

pm me for my s.n

5Funerals
03-17-2008, 07:58 PM
www.slsknet.com

anything on plan-it-x is dope

my favorite band right now: Jawbreaker

JetBlack
03-18-2008, 07:11 AM
One of the songs I wrote for my punk band is all about Halo. Its called Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game. And I got another one how being a nerd doesnt help getting chicks. So I definitely got the non-punk issues covered.

I agree, I hate crazy political punk that people that dont even know the issues listen to. I do like the Casualties though. Theyre just gnar, I dont care what the songs are about.

cast LI
03-20-2008, 12:44 AM
ew haha i hate the casualties. they're the reason so many shmucks exist. its liek dur warped tour im so punk rawk check out my bootz.

definatly feeling the video game songs

YO I FOUND ZELDA TODAY. ORCIRANA OF TIME! N64 SUCKKKK MY DICKKKKKK!!!!!

whatadizaster!
03-20-2008, 12:51 PM
whachu talking about? the casualties are
punk
as
fuck

Oaklander
03-22-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.myspace.com/warkrimerules

cast LI
03-23-2008, 12:18 AM
whachu talking about? the casualties are
punk
as
fuck

hot topicXcore

JetBlack
03-23-2008, 02:56 AM
lolz.

First show was a success. No one was expecting me to go hardcore because Im usually pretty quiet and withdrawn, but I made all those cunts hit the pit. We had a 30 second song called 30 second song, and we had to play it twice. The Bad Brains cover also went well.

I dont care if anyones interested, Im just letting you know.

Anyone listen to the new Subhumans yet? Im wondering if its any good.

cast LI
03-23-2008, 10:11 AM
im interested lol you got recordings or anything i wanna hear the band

i was supposed to go see the fad and the flaming tsunamis and the tomahawk chop yesterday but i had a rugby game. soooooooo pissed.

JetBlack
03-25-2008, 04:55 AM
Yeah. Well we arent any good. And we're still just kinda starting up. We werent even really prepared for the first show, but it turned out ok. But probably in the next month or two we'll have some stuff recorded and Ill post it.

I was surprised how quickly you can get a punk band together though.

cast LI
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
punk bands are so fun to get together

im missing another show next weekend for anothier rugby game. gaheyyyy

its some event called second annual unityfest (first anual was 2 weeks ago) and its like oi bands and ska bands

JetBlack
04-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Leftöver Crack was fuckin dope. Definitely a fun time. Plus I went with a couple little cutie girls who were fucking the crusties up. Showed them motherfuckers.

9th and C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cast LI
04-26-2008, 11:19 AM
where at?

TECKN
04-26-2008, 11:29 AM
black flag and the clash are good, nothing else much

cast LI
04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
thanks for your awesome cnotribution to this thread!

JetBlack
04-26-2008, 03:45 PM
East LA. It wasnt even a venue, they just played some empty hall. It was dope though, but it got to like 102 degrees in the motherfucker because there was only 3 windows in the whole joint. Stza passed out for like 5 seconds during Gang Control. No one cared.

Does anyone have a link to some Lower Class Brats?

cast LI
04-26-2008, 11:31 PM
haha thats fuckin sick.

i haven't seen them since they played with world inferno last summer. btu taht was technically "crack city seven" cause leftover crack is banned from playing public places in NYC haha

Oaklander
04-28-2008, 12:23 AM
leftover crack is playing up here soon

XskeletorX
04-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Hardcore is definitely my favorite sub-genre of Punk and my favorite style of music. Fuck you to the idiots who just posted "punk sucks" or "punks trash" on this thread, I dont go around saying "trance sucks" or "hip hop is for fags"
ect. Anyways to the people who actually care about this thread heres what I primarily listen to...

Favorite Bands:
Infest
Gorilla Biscuits
DYS
Minor Threat
Descendents

East Coast HC/Punk:
Antidote
The Abused
Crippled Youth
Bold
Youth of Today
Cro-Mags
Judge
Mouthpiece
Shark Attack
Project X
Urban Waste
Reagan Youth
Sick of It All
Side By Side
Warzone
Up Front
Cause For Alarm
Agnostic Front
Beastie Boys
SSD
Negative FX
Last Rights
Slapshot
Siege
Deep Wound
Have Heart
Impact Unit
Gang Green
Jerry's Kids
Floorpunch
Guns Up!
Mind Eraser
Scapegoat
Bracewar
Kid Dynamite
Paint It Black
86 Mentality
The Faith
Void
SOA
Chainsaw To The Face
Teen Idles
Bad Brains
Cruel Hand
Outbreak
Government Issue
Government Warning
Wasted Time
Misfits
Ruiner
Think I Care

Midwest HC/Punk:
Ringworm
Integrity
Negative Approach
The Necros
Die Kreuzen

Westcoast/Southwest HC/Punk:
The Circle Jerks
Black Flag
B'last
DRI
MDC
7 Seconds
Agression
RKL
Stalag 13
Dr. Know
Ill Repute
Bad Religion
Badmouth
Bad Reaction
Broken Needle
Brotherhood
Shook Ones
Pissed Happy Children
Ceremony
Champion
Creatures
Finish Him
RAD
Crucial Intent
Dead Kennedys
Duke Nukem Forever
The Faction
Inside Out
Chain of Strength
Limp Wrist
JFA
Lack of Interest
Mindless Mutant
NOFX
Sabertooth Zombie
Stand And Fight
Suicidal Tendencies
The Adolescents
The Germs
Uniform Choice

International HC/Punk:
Punch Out!
Comeback Kid
Get Fucking Dead
Gallows
DS-13

I listen to more bands too, just not as much as the above.

Also, if you are into Hardcore or Punk check out my band, PM for the URL

cast LI
04-28-2008, 05:56 PM
good shit

XskeletorX
04-29-2008, 07:49 PM
dude, just hand wash that shit, throw it in the tub for a while and then hang it to dry

cast LI
04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
hahah what?

Oaklander
05-04-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.myspace.com/ssxhc

htto://www.myspace.com/virulencerulez
(http://www.mysp)

unreal180
05-07-2008, 06:00 AM
i like all old school punk coz thats wat ma dad used 2 listen 2
but i like this new kinda punk but im not proud of likeing it

RFI. SPit
05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Just uploaded this for a friend-

Melt Banana - Cell Scape

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/coldyron/5bc17236.jpg
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AILD9EB1

Noise-core punk band from Tokyo with a female singer.. they're pretty nuts.

cast LI
05-12-2008, 05:56 PM
mmmmmmmmm melt banana. thanks rfi!

anyone who likes that should listen to the locust too.

and of course magrudergrind. 62 trax of thrash!

OfesOfor
05-14-2008, 12:41 PM
the mongoloids anyone?
trash talk?
outbreak?
wake up call?

cast LI
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
anyone in new york / jersey / long island / conneticuit(?)

the fad and the flaming tsunamis at Dueces Wild in hicksville. may 24. doors at 1. $10

thizard of oz
05-15-2008, 03:55 AM
i thought punk died along time ago

Cham
05-15-2008, 01:02 PM
I hate the locusts.....stay bumpin gorilla biscuits... and S.T.F.U. so good

OfesOfor
05-15-2008, 01:22 PM
i lost respect for gb
if you start off straight edge hardcore
stick to it..
i saw there reunion show in worcester... weird lineup

TronMzero
05-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Anti-Flag's been my favorite band for awhile.

Anti-Flag sucks now.

here are my main favorites:
Misfits
Black Flag
Bad Brains

lots of oldschool shit.

im into hardcore punk too.

damn i didnt noticed this post:

i lost respect for gb
if you start off straight edge hardcore
stick to it..
i saw there reunion show in worcester... weird lineup

Stick To It! is so good.
they're local, I saw them at Islandfest 2 fridays ago a couple towns away from me.
my friend booked the whole show.

like The First Step, etc.

cast LI
05-18-2008, 06:04 PM
where in NY you at?

OfesOfor
05-18-2008, 08:24 PM
word
when i said stick to it i meant "if you start off as straight edge hardcore, stick to it"

anyone go to fireworks/set your goals last night in allston mass

drunkenshits_one
05-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Anti-Flag sucks now.

here are my main favorites:
Misfits
Black Flag
Bad Brains

lots of oldschool shit.

im into hardcore punk too.

haaa bad brains, good times with that music... same with misfits

my main arsenal when it comes to punk usually starts with crass, subhumans, and flux of pink indians

thats all i listen to most the time

cast LI
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
only old misfits is good. but you cant go wrong with bad brains!

KevinFlys
05-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Can you simply tell if Runescape (http://www.usfine.com/Runescape-Powerleveling-c-90.html) is a great game maplestory powerleveling (http://www.usfine.com/Maple-Story-PowerLeveling-c-98.html) or not without you becoming a member? The answer to that would be, NO! Well you can make a few predictions about Runescape (http://www.usfine.com/Runescape-Powerleveling-c-90.html) and see the moral of the game when being a regular user and not a member but becoming a member brings a whole lot of additions to Runescape that you would never see if you were not a member. Being a member of Runescape (http://www.usfine.com/Runescape-Powerleveling-c-90.html) has so many benefits and I will try to list them all here for you. Runescape tells you them, but I'm going to detail it a few features for you here. runescape money (http://www.money-runescape.net/)

simple zen
05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
i used to like punk rock but then i learned how to play the drums and then the guitar then i thought to myself... damn, punk rock is untalented. same beats, power chords, blah blah blah. seeing punk rock mosh pits these days is mad funny.

cast LI
05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
sweet post bro!

Lucas
05-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Punk fucking blows dead bear. I used to be into that shit and it got old fast misfits, addicts, exploited...yada yada yada.. In the words of Napalm Death( real musicians ) PUNK IS A ROTTEN CORPES...

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle
05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
FUCK THAT! punk is alive as long as people want it and i was just at a show (local bands)
andbeleave me...its alive and in the pit

cast LI
05-28-2008, 04:19 PM
word

Mean Mr.Mustard
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
haaa bad brains, good times with that music... same with misfits

my main arsenal when it comes to punk usually starts with crass, subhumans, and flux of pink indians

thats all i listen to most the time

first person who makes some sense, flux of pink indians rapes all

AMansNotACamel
05-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Punk fucking blows dead bear. I used to be into that shit and it got old fast misfits, addicts, exploited...yada yada yada.. In the words of Napalm Death( real musicians ) PUNK IS A ROTTEN CORPES...

I'm fair sure that playing a musical instrument actually DOES make you a REAL musician. Just because people play conservatively doesn't mean they wouldn't rape all over somebody who just solo's all the time. People who say things like you are extremely homosexual groupie cocksuckers who have probably never studied music in their life loL.
Do the Infectious Grooves fit into everyones narrow minded definitions of punk?

A//resistance
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
punx not dead // it just smells that way

drunkenshits_one
06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
i've been really into a lot of horror punk lately...

penis flytraps, graves, miguel and the living dead, midnight creeps, cancerslug(if you define it punk)... i just got a few cramps albums on vinyl the other day for dirt cheap (like 50 cents an album!)

Jet
06-03-2008, 12:19 AM
first person who makes some sense, flux of pink indians rapes all

don't forget Anthrax, not the metal band.

drunkenshits_one
06-03-2008, 12:42 AM

yep!

anything on crass records is really fucking cool... omega tribe, conflict, flux of pink indians, anthrax, the snipers, etc...

A//resistance
06-03-2008, 10:20 AM
amebix is the shit too...

pretentious asshole
06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
I have no idea what you people are talking about. But I dont see why people have to like prove their punk-ness before they talk about sewing patches. I listen to the music. Way before I got into the fashion. I also like hip hops style, I also like Psychobilly and rudeboy fashion. I listen to the music, Im into the scene, so Ill dress that way if I want to. I dont. Because I dont need a genre to tell me who I am. But if I want to, I dont have to prove it to anyone. If you want to point your finger at a poser, go find a Greenday fanatic with studded bracelets or some shit.

Whatever. It feels like Im constantly preaching on this thread. And ska-punk is the bomb.

Ska punk is gay. Psychobilly is gay.

pretentious asshole
06-09-2008, 03:07 PM

Anarcho is gay.

A//resistance
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Ska punk is gay. Psychobilly is gay.

operation ivy was the shit...

pretentious asshole
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Okay.

ghost city
06-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Raw Crust Fucking D Beat

A//resistance
06-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Raw Crust Fucking D Beat

disclose was the shit

Oaklander
06-13-2008, 10:03 AM
bay area hxc

cast LI
06-13-2008, 01:11 PM
long island hardcore

and thrash

A//resistance
06-13-2008, 11:41 PM
i've been listening to a lot of spazz lately... i get into moods sometimes where i'll only listen to a certain band... like i went a week listening to nothing but contravene.. and when i got from under the ashes by framtid i listened to it about 100 times.. went through the GISM phase quite a few times too haha

cast LI
06-14-2008, 12:04 AM
common enemy is where its at right now

Oaklander
06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I saw MDC yesterday. Really Good.

mopin dopin mike
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
hardcore and anarcho-punk are the shit

Virus_805
08-26-2008, 11:12 PM
The Havoc, Cheap Sex, Antidote, Tome and Bootboys, Chaos U.K, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Adicts, Agression, illrepute, The Unseen, A Global Threat, The Virus, Externalmenace, The Casualties, Total Chaos, misfits, Defiance, G.B.H, Lower Class Brats

kojack
08-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Being an ex-punk rocker I still enjoy a lot of that shit. I mainly got out of it just due to lack of fresh shit in the genre, as in my opinion most of the best punk and all of its subgenres was put out from about 75' to 89'.

sidandnancy
10-21-2008, 10:30 AM
does anybody have a link to the Ice and the Iced "we've had enough" 7 inch?

i downloaded it it forever ago from KBD but now i lost it and i'm dying without it.......

Jet
10-21-2008, 10:35 AM
not the whole 7" but a download for We've Had Enough

http://www.freewebs.com/thatcrsbeat/Dope%20Tunes/Ice%20And%20The%20Iced%20-%20We%27ve%20Had%20Enough.mp3

XskeletorX
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Infest

Nem
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
charles bronson!

Cesk
10-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I listen to Sum 41, thats punk right?

Canser Kills Kids
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM

i seriously lafffed out loud there

blaje
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
my favorite punk bands gotta be Choking victim or Leftover Crack!

NerseOne
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
i am not punk. no i am not.

Vagrant
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
i was excited to see new posts in the punk rock thread

but then i read them

now i'm deeply disappointed.

osnapizzel
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
lol you cant be serious

Cesk
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
lol you cant be serious

fucking obviously that i'm not serious, real punk is like simple plan, tokio hotel, etc.,

NerseOne
10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
fucking obviously that i'm not serious, real punk is like simple plan, tokio hotel, etc.,

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol
funny guy

XskeletorX
10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
i was excited to see new posts in the punk rock thread

but then i read them

now i'm deeply disappointed.

what disappointed you?

the descendents. best punk rock band ever

Facedorateur
10-21-2008, 09:59 PM
dopnt listen to punk/rock
listen to the oldies and classik punk : the ramones, elvis costello, rancid, good riddance, NOFX

propertea
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
anarcho punk is the best, subhumans, zounds, crass, flux of pink indians

Cesk
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
dopnt listen to punk/rock
listen to the oldies and classik punk : the ramones, elvis costello, rancid, good riddance, NOFX

You sir deserve a kick in the nuts.

Jet
10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
indeed.

anybody check out noiseisforheros.com? pretty decent blog starting up....

the snazzy boys mp3 is worth downloading

sidandnancy
10-22-2008, 01:55 AM
thanks for the link

Vagrant
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
anarcho punk is the best, subhumans, zounds, crass, flux of pink indians

I am no longer disappointed.
I am greatly pleased.

And yes The Descendants are awesome as well.

Aus-Rotten
Antischism
Anti-Product
Nausea

vegimite on toast
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
^^^^^
stisim
anarchy
anti-system
gg allin
one way system
exploited (even tho they wack)
oi polloi
sacrilege
conflict
discharge
MDC
amebix
antisect
reagan youth
poison girls
axiom

Jet
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
MDC yes, GG Allin no.

articles of faith discography vol 1.
http://rapidshare.com/files/41830545/AOFCV1.zip

vol 2.
http://rapidshare.com/files/41822344/AOF_CV2.zip

vegimite on toast
10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
FUCKIN THANKS FOR UPLOADIN AOF
theyre sick bro

i just threw gg allin in there cause the dude was lookin for anarchist type bands, gg lived that lifestyle pretty hardcore, so i thought that he fit

vegimite on toast
10-22-2008, 12:01 PM
by the way, zshare.net is a better hosting site
rapidshare can get congested and it doesnt let you download

Jet
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
trust me i would never use rapidshare for my uploads, those were from an outside source...

but yea GG Alin lived a certain type of anarchic lifestyle, but to classify his music as anarcho punk is quite a stretch. He had no values and wasn't presenting and messages like Crass or MDC would, he just tried to offend people.

on that note, GG Allin used to be pretty good, this 7" is worth a download:
http://www.kbdrecords.com/2006/11/05/gg-allin-gimme-some-head-7/

totally different style.

vegimite on toast
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
that sounds nothing like the other stuff ive heard of him
very classic sound

reminds me of wayne county

cast LI
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM
crass fucking sucks

blaje
10-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Local Shit like:
Second hand Sex
Pumpkin Slut
Martin Luther&the kings
Theres No Tomorrow

XskeletorX
10-22-2008, 04:53 PM
I can't stand Anarcho...and I'm an anarchist hahah. MDC is dope though because they have an Anarcho mindset but they're a hardcore band. DRI also has some radical political views.

A//resistance
10-22-2008, 07:12 PM
I can't stand Anarcho...and I'm an anarchist hahah. MDC is dope though because they have an Anarcho mindset but they're a hardcore band. DRI also has some radical political views.

crass is OG.
always be a follower of crass rex

wafflecakee
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM
passion//revolt

but what do i know im a folk punk.

Arcade
10-22-2008, 08:43 PM
NOFX
Operation Ivy
Rancid

vegimite on toast
10-23-2008, 02:12 AM
^those bands are gay
except for maybe op ivy

Vagrant
10-23-2008, 08:38 AM
passion//revolt

but what do i know im a folk punk.

i love you
with every part of my being
including my peepee

XskeletorX
10-23-2008, 04:40 PM
crass is OG.
always be a follower of crass rex

Crass is pretty terrible, never got into them.

blaje
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I like crass...just think they're over rated.. i prefer stuff with more than 2 drum beats

Vagrant
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
well they still deserve their props for being pioneers
original '70s British punk

its the same as giving respect to oldschool graff kings

cast LI
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
but the oldschool graff kings are still good by today's standards

dondi, case2, seen. all fuckin burners.

crass has always sucked. i get no energy from them at all.

anyway up the folk punks!

Vagrant
10-23-2008, 06:43 PM
you're not a real punk unless you have an inverted flag on your wall

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd274/vagrantone0/other%20pics/Flag.jpg

ps. def up the folk-punks. and the thrash-punks. and the crust-punks... i think i'll stop now

cast LI
10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
did you shit on that flag?

looks like it smells really bad

wafflecakee
10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
burning flags!

A//E

Vagrant
10-23-2008, 10:49 PM
did you shit on that flag?

looks like it smells really bad

no but that would have been a lot easier than rubbing it in the dirt like i did.
looks good against my brown wall, if i do say so myself.

XskeletorX
10-24-2008, 03:18 AM
hahaha thats so dope

FOEone
10-27-2008, 02:12 PM
I saw this band play at a collective in Greensboro earlier last week. Super-dyke hardcore, trash-yer-face-off punk rock 'n' roll. Totally ripped me a new asshole. Their singer gave me a "PRO-CHOICE // ANTI-CHRIST" patch. Pretty rad. Check 'em out.

http://www.myspace.com/turboslutsavedmylife

A//resistance
11-02-2008, 12:31 AM
amebix touring usa.
how great is that?
no godz no masterz

calculating infinity
11-03-2008, 09:07 PM
i didnt even know there was a punk thread still
who was at the fest this weekend?
i worked the door at a venue for one of the days and i hadnt seen so many passports in my life
havent had so much fun in a long time

XskeletorX
11-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Disgust.

Vagrant
11-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Vassline
Thrash-Metal from Korea
Look 'em up.

da_crazy_caucasian
11-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Isnt punk just dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun everyone hates me fuck society-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundundundundundundun...clash!

Vagrant
11-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh man, you just totally burned us.
What the fuck were we thinking?
Thank God you came along and saved us.

FOEone
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Isnt punk just dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun everyone hates me fuck society-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dundundundundundundun...clash!

That's it. You nailed it.

You can go buy your leather jacket now.

da_crazy_caucasian
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
It was just a joke. I have metal-head friend who hates punk and that was basically his description, I just thought it was funny.

FOEone
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Ah. Gotcha.

da_crazy_caucasian
11-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't understand.

Azn_Sluse
11-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Punk is probably the least elaborate genre, it's literally just three chords.

But it's about having fun

thaEEZYway
11-05-2008, 05:46 PM
ive been listening to a lot of streetlight, catch 22, suicide machines, operation ivy, etc

FOEone
11-06-2008, 03:16 PM
holy shit, last night i went to go see the star-fucking hipsters play at a skatepark. their guitarist is sturgeon, aka stza, from leftover crack. we hung out all night, and nico, their singer, invited me back to the after-party. i got fucking wasted-ass drunk with sturgeon and got to share some drugs with some new friends.

fucking incredible show, and an even better party.

cast LI
11-06-2008, 08:24 PM
It was just a joke. I have metal-head friend who hates punk and that was basically his description, I just thought it was funny.

isn't metal just DUN DUN DUN FUCK JESUS DUN DUN DUN KILL A CAT DUN DUN DUN MARILYN MANSON DUN DUN DUN THE BEAST IS COMMING DUN DUN DUN SPEED METAL SOLO dur deedly doo dee dah dun geecheeweechee wah wah skirrr derr dir dee dirrr dirrrrrrrrrrrrrr CYMBALS!

have you guys every tripped on ambien before?

TASR
11-07-2008, 08:05 AM
I saw the dropkick murphys and the briggs live, pretty sick, got trashed, couldn't hear shit.

calculating infinity
11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
holy shit, last night i went to go see the star-fucking hipsters play at a skatepark. their guitarist is sturgeon, aka stza, from leftover crack. we hung out all night, and nico, their singer, invited me back to the after-party. i got fucking wasted-ass drunk with sturgeon and got to share some drugs with some new friends.

fucking incredible show, and an even better party.
star fucking hipsters just played a house show at my friends last weekend and stza came out and played a few leftover crack songs (one dead cop and rock the 40 oz) before their set and it was crazy, there were like 100 crusties in the house singing along. dude spent the night and is really nice. he by far has the best voice in punk.

anyone ever see videos from the donut social?

skid6
11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
its all about dystopia,the minutemen, snfu, slaveco, 50-50, repulsion, achagathus, disrupt, massgrave,and a fuc of alot of bruce cambel and oldschool grind crust punk.
BOOYAH

skid6
11-13-2008, 12:24 PM
holy tits theyres alot of idiots out on this thread talkn smack. all i gota say is you dont know anytihng til you play shows and start up yer own underground scene in yer own towns. thats what its all about suport DIY and all those arragant naysayers that come on here to buitch about punk STFU you dont know shit you never will end of point. i like everything from hiphop to grind and to be hounest they got alot of simalarities but yea gota open yer ears and shut yer mouths. LIVE PAINT SKATE CREATE

cast LI
12-07-2008, 12:17 AM
so i went to a show in some house otnight. got completely hwasted.

some of the bands there were tomahawk chop, one short fall, crucial dudes, and some band from detroit that i forgot. anyway so i was mad drunx and passed out then woke up halfway through THC's set and i used to be in teh band so i jump up and start moshing immediatly. during their last song i got thrown out of the pit and went through a wall. like i'm a big dude (5'8" 235) and just put a massive fucking hole in this kids wall. his dad came home and the dude said his girlfriend came over and pushed him cause he cheated on her. so the dad was like hah that sucks and leaves. i proceeeded to get more shwasted and i dont even know how i'm typing right now,.

i thought that story was pretty unk rock

cast LI
12-07-2008, 12:21 AM
that destroit band was called the swellers. they fucking rule.

also ink and lead was there

DaBluntHead
12-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Yeah , I always felt like you were a go-through-walls guy.

I was fuckin' right.

cast LI
12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
hahah i gotta figure out how to get the picture from my phone to teh computer

Scheme*119
12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPIpputRkJU
crass documentary

Scheme*119
12-07-2008, 02:44 PM
ive been listening to a lot of streetlight, catch 22, suicide machines, operation ivy, etc

youre alright in my book

cast LI
12-08-2008, 01:09 AM
^^ bump.

keasbey nights all the way kids. read up.

cast LI
12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
also, crass sucks.

propertea
12-08-2008, 01:29 AM
yeah crass sucks and family friendly third wave ska is good, i think you might have it backwards my friend

op ivy rocks tho

appache
12-08-2008, 09:35 AM
kid - yer lookin at crass from a point of view of the 2000s , probably watch too much tv and video games

anarcho punk back in the day was something never herd before and these people were saying things that alot of people wouldnt even have the balls to talk about

also keep in mind thaat such lyrics were not exactly <<acceptable>> back then...

funny how nowadays talkin bout being a drug hustla and treatin em bitches like shit is where its at....Ha!

props to em crusty punk writers!

(and save me yer bs, i also listen to rap - not just crust/grind)

appache
12-08-2008, 09:39 AM
its all about dystopia,the minutemen, snfu, slaveco, 50-50, repulsion, achagathus, disrupt, massgrave,and a fuc of alot of bruce cambel and oldschool grind crust punk.
BOOYAH

there ya go, you understand where its at
hahaha massgrave fucken kills - they had invited us to play in bc a while back - but our band broke up before we could make it out there

props to that other dude for mentioning VASSLINE

Yellow Haze
12-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Crass sucks

Get some of these down ya:

Sex Pistols
Sham 69
Stiff Little Fingers
The Clash
Dead Kennedy's
The Lurkers
The Saints
Generation X
Billy Idol
Public Image Ltd

cast LI
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
hahahaha go back to the mall

apache i fully appreciate what crass did for punk i just really dont like listening to their music.

Scheme*119
12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
heres some good ska for ya(just a heads up, most of this stuff is chocking victim/loc esque)

hang me while im a schizo by the stupid stupid henchmen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA6XXIJnxM8

gasoline by no cash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6eIpyx-89g

gimme heroin by morning glory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MMNsGr8RJw

blue feelings by dancehall satan(probaly one of my favorite skacore bands)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCGlbCpLMs

turn tha gun by evil empire(not as hard as the other shit but still good)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT-8Xol6Co4

zombie christ by star fucking hipsters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT-8Xol6Co4

infested by chocking victim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czdXIBB53gc

the ballad of froggy mcnasty by voodoo glow skulls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEPQ6n4S8w

cast LI
12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
^^you fucking win.

all about the crack rock steady beat.

Scheme*119
12-08-2008, 08:13 PM
crack rock steady, are you ready to stop the rotten blue menace, lets go kill us some cops