PDA

View Full Version : Belief In A Higher Power; Please Remain Respectful

Pages : [1] 2

tonedope
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
yo wuts up its tone, uhhhh people are gonna hate on this topic im sure but i just wanted to here other peoples thoughts on this, i used to be very anti religious and really didnt believe in god, you know, cause it all sounded bogus as hell. but a few instances that i have witnessed in my lifetime have changed my views. the biggest one would be when my cousin mikey was sick with a disease that was very very rare, like at the time only two people in the world had it and they died early after being diagnosed with it, so my cousin basically thought he was goin to die, doctors tried to help him and prescribe medicine for him but nothing helped and he eventually came to realize that it was his time, so he had made preperations to see a priest , the priest gave my cousin these scriptures to read all day everyday non stop whenever he could and his life would be saved. well, thats just what my cousin did, all day he would read these scriptures, when he got back from school he wouldnt do ANYTHING but read, and eventually he got better and better and now its been six months since then and hes fine. this to me at least an example of a real miracle (oh and by the way i never had it in me to talk much about this wit my cousin so i dont know what the name of the disease is but the syptoms include lose of hair, migraines and blistering/bleeding scalps, if you know what it is id like to know. feel free to close this thread, or post comments on wut you think or if anything similar happened to you or someone you know)

GeSuS_KRiST
09-12-2005, 10:03 PM
man i dont know ive OD'd over 4 times, been revived twice from medical teams, fallen from a 3 storie ledge while painting it, commited suicide 7 times, been hit by cars, guns put against me head, tryed to be kidnaped an killed and alot more other shit and im still alive but do i belive in religion no.... i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there

christins (sp) are selffish mother fuckers for saying belive in jesus or your going to hell, which is why i picked the name gesus for street art, was to shove it in there faces and see how they like it when its pressed upon them .... to give them a taste of there own medicine... people who had the close to what a high power might be i think are the indians

as for your cusin and the scroll things.... someone once told me your only as healthy as u belive you are... most drugs are infact placebos an i belive thats what it was in his case

Jugga
09-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Its good to hear your cousin is okay....

I personally don't believe in god or anything of that nature..
I was born into a catholic family and I was baptized when I was 1...
but I personally don't believe in any of that...

From studying religions, I came to realize that the bible along with other religious scriptures are really hypocritical...

tonedope
09-12-2005, 10:11 PM
im feelin that ges, deep.

CHILLEN905
09-12-2005, 10:13 PM
YE GESUS PRETTY MUCH HAS THA SAME VIEW AS MI PEOPLE JUS DONT REALIZE HOW MUCH THEIR HEALTH DEPENDS ON HOW THEY THINKTHINKIN POSITIVE AN BELIVIN IN SOMETHIN WILL HAPPEN MOST OF THA TIME IT WILL COME TRUE PEOPLE JUST DONT REALIZED HOW MUCH POWER THEY ACTUALLY HAVE INSIDE THEIR OWN BODY....IM NOT AN IGNORANT PERSON I WOULDNT JUDGE A RELIGIOJ WITH OUT LOKIN INTO IT ESPECIALLY CATHOLIC BULL SHIT THA STUFF I KNOW ABOUT IT I COULD RAMBLE ON FO A LONG TIME ABOUT HOW BACKWARDS AN HYPOCRITICAL THIS RELIGION REALLY IS I THINK DAT THERE WAS AJESUS BUT OVER THA YEARS PPL AN OTHER BEINGS HAVE MANIPULATED THA BIBLE TO SERVE DER OWN FUKED UP POURPOSE....I JUS THINK IT WOULD BE STUPID FOR ANYONE TO THINK DAT THERE ISNT A HIER POWER OR POWERS BUT PPL NOW R TO CAUGHT UP IN BULL SHIT AN DER OWN SELFISH NESS AN IGNORANCE TO SEPEN THA TIME TO ACTUALLY LOOK IN THESE THINGS ....AS FOR MOST RELIGIONS I THINK DAT DER FOR PPLMDAT R TO LAZY TO LOOK FOR THEIR OWN CONNECTION WIT GOD SO THEY JUS FOLLOW SOMEONE ELSES VIEWS AN OPINIONS......I COULD ALK BOUT DIS SHIT FOR A LONG TIME BUT I DUN FEEL LIKE TYPEN NO MORE.. ..GOOD TO HEAR DAT HE MADE IT THO

Jugga
09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by GeSuS_KRiST@Sep 12 2005, 09:03 PM
man i dont know ive OD'd over 4 times, been revived twice from medical teams, fallen from a 3 storie ledge while painting it, commited suicide 7 times, been hit by cars, guns put against me head, tryed to be kidnaped an killed and alot more other shit and im still alive but do i belive in religion no.... i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there

christins (sp) are selffish mother fuckers for saying belive in jesus or your going to hell, which is why i picked the name gesus for street art, was to shove it in there faces and see how they like it when its pressed upon them .... to give them a taste of there own medicine... people who had the close to what a high power might be i think are the indians

as for your cusin and the scroll things.... someone once told me your only as healthy as u belive you are... most drugs are infact placebos an i belive thats what it was in his case
I agree..

What the scrolls probably did was give him hope...
and that was what saved him...

disposable_hero
09-12-2005, 10:23 PM
chris angel is god 0_o lol jk bet hes rele freakkyyyy

skrooeapatape
09-12-2005, 10:56 PM
for that particlar story.. it could work like a placebo really being convinced what your reading is going to save you n beutiful story etc.. can really have powerful effects to recover and continue to live..

GeSuS_KRiST
09-12-2005, 11:05 PM
"what did she say donnie?"
"she said every living creature dies alone"
"and how did that make u feel?"
"it reminded me of my dog cali she died when i was 8, she crawled up under the porch"
"to die?"
"to be alone"
"do you feel alone right now?"
"id like to think im not but there no proof, so i dont debate it anymore i can spend my whole life debating the pro and cons and in the end there still wont be any proof, so i just dont debate it any more.... its absurd"

"the serch for god is absurd?"

".... it is if everyone dies alone"

scene from donnie darko where hes talkin to his shrink

Mute1
09-12-2005, 11:10 PM

My thoughts exactly man...I always said that if god did exist, which who knows, he may or may not, we r just arrogant fucks if we think a certain organized religion is somehow the right one. I mean...there are shitloads of religions and they all think they are the one true religion...doesn't take a genius to figure out they are probably all wrong. I think you got it right with the indian thing too...they seem to be the most benevolent religion and they treat everything with respect. Christians, Muslims, Jews etc all arrogant. They believe they r right and that everyone else is pagan scum whos going to hell... The funny part is that most of these fuckers didn't even choose what religion to be. It's not like they sat down and looked at em all and thought hmm ya christianity is definitly the right religion. They just got their faith fuckin smashed into their mind by their parents and their grandparents etc. So their faith is fuckin bullshit...

I also agree with u on the placebo thing. If u believe in something strongly enough, the mind is a very powerful thing. Like chris angel says "the mind controls the body"...he may be a scam or whatever but he does some fucked up shit. There are people who can lower their heartrate to near death just by meditating. I think you really can do anything if you have enough mindpower.

Alyte
09-12-2005, 11:33 PM
weeha. here we go.
this is something ALL you people need to read, if you havent already heard of it. Its basically the one most fundamental things about christianity, but also most often neglected.
Most people think of christianity as a religion, when really, if you think about what the bible says, thats not really what jesus wanted. this whole thing is what i call the "religion vs. relationship" thing.
Christianity should be basically a personal relationship with God through jesus christ, and also with other believers ( fellowship..or whatever) and tehn all the other crap is pretty much extra. Like big churches, statues, traditions..whatever. christianity as a religion is retarded. thats where the Nazis, KKK, and all that jazz came from.
um, yeah christians do believe that they are right, but so do most people.
meh. i dunno. studies have shown that prayer can heal people, if they know about it or not...

jape-the-nape
09-12-2005, 11:51 PM
god is a fat cap

sbEr
09-13-2005, 12:03 AM
bible bible bible

bible bible bible

jesus, amen.

Vulture
09-13-2005, 12:05 AM
i got mad fuckin love fer jesus, i use him in my graff all the time

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.

Mute1
09-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Alyte@Sep 12 2005, 10:33 PM
weeha. here we go.
this is something ALL you people need to read, if you havent already heard of it. Its basically the one most fundamental things about christianity, but also most often neglected.
Most people think of christianity as a religion, when really, if you think about what the bible says, thats not really what jesus wanted. this whole thing is what i call the "religion vs. relationship" thing.
Christianity should be basically a personal relationship with God through jesus christ, and also with other believers ( fellowship..or whatever) and tehn all the other crap is pretty much extra. Like big churches, statues, traditions..whatever. christianity as a religion is retarded. thats where the Nazis, KKK, and all that jazz came from.
um, yeah christians do believe that they are right, but so do most people.
meh. i dunno. studies have shown that prayer can heal people, if they know about it or not...
Exactly...everyone thinks their right, so either only one of the religions is right, or none of them are. What makes you so sure it's yours? Becuase your parent's passed it down to you? Because the bible says so?

sibil juggalo
09-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I dont know about this im an agnostic but seriously its something that no one can really give a straight answer for because when your dead you cant be brought back its seems like everyone wants to get all religious now probably because whats happening to the world and they are afraid of whats going to happen when they die i have friends that try to get me into being christian and i tell them its bullshit but if thats what gives them hope then they can do it....i believe there is a place after death but idk bout god maybe we are still stuck in this world just transparent and we cant speak or interact with anything....because you just cant die and your mind and soul just stops...but it seems like people just want to join god because they want their sins to be forgiven....i just dont think i should worship someone that i dont even know exists i just live my life and at least try to be a half decent person because i know alot of people arent

FSH
09-13-2005, 12:44 AM
word....i agree with whot everyone says.....i dunno i always saw religion or at least european religons as a way to escape the fear of death, and to control people into whot u wana do..........im not religious but i persoanlly think that the only religion that make and hint of sense would be buddhism buit i dunno.

snow2skate
09-13-2005, 12:47 AM
PLACEBO EFFECT!!!!!!!!!! . Its just another case of mine over matter that make people beleive this shit. Your friend was just plain lucky. And when the preist gave him that scripture to read, he beleived it wouldnt work and his mind worked harder to rid the body of the disease, this happens all over the world. Lots of people are giving pills that are just like sugar or w.e and the people beleive it has chemicals that will help them, but its just a case of mind over matter. And if gods real, where did he come from? or what created him? and what created that. and so on and so on. And how exactly does some invisible thing live in the sky and is going to raise dead bodies from the grave when a supposed rapture comes? Unless you beleive in the fukn wizard of oz, The bible is fucked up. Some of its teachings are good. but thats all religion is good for, is guidlines to life. and that is why religion was created, as a way to give guidlines to people lives and make them live better lives.. (p.s that supposed light at the end of a tunnel people see when they die, its actually a reaction in your brain. because your heart stops pump slowely..and the blood thats going to your brain goes all wonky and it fucks with your brain. its like taking a shit load of extacy and other drugs.

tonedope
09-13-2005, 01:12 AM
"Your friend was just plain lucky" he was my cousin. and yea ure probly rite it was just so fucking amazing tho

tonedope
09-13-2005, 01:14 AM
it makes you appreciated livin is what im sayin even if it was or wasnt divine intervention

Vulture
09-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by snow2skate@Sep 12 2005, 11:47 PM
its like taking a shit load of extacy and other drugs.
youd know :huh:

the_uniBOMBER
09-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Albert Einstein+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Albert Einstein)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.[/b]

Originally posted by George Carlin+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (George Carlin)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>When are we human beings gonna have a meeting? We took this god thing and ran to the god damn end of the earth with it.

Spirituality: the last refuge of a failed human. Just another way of distracting yourself from who you really are.

Frisbeetarianism is the philosophy that when you die, your soul goes up on a roof and gets stuck.[/b]

Originally posted by Lyden
Believe it or not, Evolution, Creation, Communism, Anarchism All isms are all religions. Perfect Neutrality of Religions is impossible.

Originally posted by Mark Twain
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.

Originally posted by Marquis de Sade
The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind.

<!--QuoteBegin-Martin Luther King Jr.@
Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-Napoleon
"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich."[/quote]

Jugga
09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
George Carlin&#39;s "Invisible man" bit is amazing...

tonedope
09-13-2005, 01:44 AM
i like that mlk one it just sounds good when you say it

bruce
09-13-2005, 01:46 AM
that napoleon one is the best among the ones you listed....

Originally posted by Karl Marx
Religion is the opiate of the people

...Vakerrr
09-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Religion is ridiculous, so i turned to science to explain what i need to know. God is not real.

Vulture
09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
congrats you assured your spot in hell :D

ares
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Religion is the basis for conflict.

southgate
09-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I belief in a higher power... I was tagging a watertower in Detroit and I had to go through a large area of this building to find the stairs at first... even on the last floor I searched altogether for like a half hour.. when I was climbing down the stairs my flashlight dropped and broke.... I went through the building in the totally darkness for sure... it took like an hour but I found my way out... I was literally scared shitless because I was all alone and I could barely find it with my flashlight...ever since then I pray to God every day I go out literally

Mute1
09-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by southgate@Sep 13 2005, 10:08 AM
I belief in a higher power... I was tagging a watertower in Detroit and I had to go through a large area of this building to find the stairs at first... even on the last floor I searched altogether for like a half hour.. when I was climbing down the stairs my flashlight dropped and broke.... I went through the building in the totally darkness for sure... it took like an hour but I found my way out... I was literally scared shitless because I was all alone and I could barely find it with my flashlight...ever since then I pray to God every day I go out literally
WTF? That made you believe in god? What a lame story. It must have been a miracle hey? :rolleyes:

bruce
09-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 13 2005, 09:31 AM
congrats you assured your spot in hell :D
see the great thing about my beliefs is i dont got some fucker in a dress tellin me that if i dont believe what hes sayin im going to be screwed for eternity...

Man Slut
09-13-2005, 03:20 PM
I dont belive in anything anymore i personaly think the whole thing like the bible and god is a crawk-o-shit and i think that the bible was created by man to control man.I think that religion and a higher being is comfort for the weak minded.

i once saw a guy jump out of a 9th story window when i was 7 and man let me tell you there was no magic man in the clouds to save him just gravity and the harsh reallity of life instead of the fairy tale that most bible thumpers live in,now if any of you dont like my opinion you shouldn&#39;t have read it and that is why it is mine not yours

skrooeapatape
09-13-2005, 04:20 PM
well thats normal tho.. theres so man psychological reasons for us to be beliving in god even some i figured out for believeing in jesus.. so can always have reason to belive maybe its just us for these psychological reasons (if you want me to spilll them i can make half a page post)

tonedope
09-13-2005, 05:15 PM
go ahead^

slick dick willy
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
religion is a huge factor in this modern world.
most of the problems that are around are due to the fact
that there is conflict between different values and beliefs.

there are positive and negative situations that occur through the
practice of beliefs and values which are connected to religion.

some people say that not all the stuff in the bible is full blown crazy

Others say, the stories describe in the bible are metaphors of learning
and guidlines of being a good human.

many people have different perspectives of religion.

too complex to explain and understand.......

Push
09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
everyone has their own beliefs. peronally, i believe in God and Jesus.

ACTION NEWS...
09-13-2005, 06:47 PM
There is no higher power. None.

I found the simplest explanation to be this:

There are many who believe that miracles are proof of god&#39;s existence. We hear wild claims that a healing has taken place but we never get an independent testimony from a medical office or a surgeon. We hear second-hand reports that someone was miraculously saved from disaster but we never get an eyewitness account of what is supposed to have happened. We hear rumors that prayer straightened a diseased body or strengthened a withered limb, but we never see X-rays or get comments from doctors or nurses. Wild claims, second-hand reports and rumors are no substitute for solid evidence and solid evidence of miracles is very rare. However, sometimes unexplained things do happen, unexpected events do occur. But our inability to explain such things does not prove the existence of gods. It only proves that our knowledge is as yet incomplete. Before the development of modern medicine, when people didn&#39;t know what caused sickness people believed that god or the gods sent diseases as a punishment. Now we know what causes such things and when we get sick, we take medicine. In time when our knowledge of the world is more complete, we will be able to understand what causes unexplained phenomena, just as we can now understand what causes disease.

Spitz
09-13-2005, 07:06 PM
I belive in god, im christian, but i dont agree on al the views they have, so....

sor
09-13-2005, 07:33 PM
yea im catholic and i believe in a higher power but i really dont believe in the jesus part at times cuz it seems made up but wut do i know im 16

Dr. Coffee
09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
personally, i believe in myself, i have one to life to live it and I&#39;m not going to waste time and worry about what happends when this is over and im gone...

Coffee&#39;s 2 cents

calmlikeabomb
09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
ignore this unorganized excuse for a post hahahaha

I don&#39;t think there is a god...there are too many innocent people dieing for there to be a god, and too many bad people living. but then again, it all depends on your views on what exactly bad and good is.....but every war, god is suposed to be on one side, but most of the time both sides say god is on theirs....hum that had no relevence.....so anyways...I get into arguments alot about religion.....and the creation of man....like this one time, after learning about evelution and all that jaz some dude tried to tell me god made life....and we argued for a long ass time and some how it came to the creation of the world and I forget what exactly I said but it eneded with "so how did god make the world? he shat out a chunk of rock and the enzimes in it turned into life right?" and he was like what ever...wow this is stupid...hahaha what ever....but he tries to say stuff about the people who wrote the bible and shit..and I was like "you realive at the time the bible was written, they still believed the world was flat, and that the earth was the center of the solar system..." and yeah ...I forget this story...hahaha

ignore this unorganized excuse for a post hahahaha

Jugga
09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Stick this in your dome for a second..

According to the bible..
god is all knowing and all powerful.. knows the past present and future..

If he (I say "he" for lack of a better word) knows the future, then your fate is sealed..

therefore you have no free will...

something else to think about...

"God" is a perfect being...
right?...

The definition of perfect is:
[Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind.]

If god is in fact a perfect being..
he has no wants or needs...

Why would he create the universe?

-------------
Just some shit that dawned upon me with a little help from green....
weed gets me thinking of anything and everything...

GeSuS_KRiST
09-13-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 12 2005, 11:05 PM
i got mad fuckin love fer jesus, i use him in my graff all the time

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name&#39;s sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.
"i love jesus cas the bible tells me so"

JESUS CHRIST I LOVE THIS THREAD

the walking std
09-13-2005, 11:48 PM
if youre gonna sin and curse most of the week how the fuck are you getting into heaven?

i believe in reincarnation myself, im going to inherit the body of a pigion so i can shit on you in my next life.

Zealot
09-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Jugga@Sep 13 2005, 06:20 PM
Stick this in your dome for a second..

According to the bible..
god is all knowing and all powerful.. knows the past present and future..

If he (I say "he" for lack of a better word) knows the future, then your fate is sealed..

therefore you have no free will...

Him knowing what choices YOU are going to make does not meen that you have no free will. If God didnt leave it up to you, you would be forced to bow down and worship him. Instead you have choice..

and to calmlikeabomb, if innocent people didnt die and there were no wars God wouldnt be giving us the choice to do what we want.. Im sure if he made sure we were all good all the time you&#39;d be complaining about that too.

As for evidence of God.. look around you. The earth itself is all the evidence you&#39;ll ever need.

swich
09-14-2005, 01:35 AM
i believe in god because i believe in deomons who posses peoples bodys....and the way they are harmed is by excorcisms that use god as the power...so he must be real.

GeSuS_KRiST
09-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by the walking std@Sep 13 2005, 10:48 PM
if youre gonna sin and curse most of the week how the fuck are you getting into heaven?

i believe in reincarnation myself, im going to inherit the body of a pigion so i can shit on you in my next life.
who says theres a heven... a book? a book that has been writen and re writen in so many diffrent ways the real meaning is lost?

i mean people im the middle east are killing themselfs over this do you see any people doing this for jesus, look at the indians the greeks ect. an all of there gods who are you to say theres just god

who are you to say theres a heven or hell.... you only think there is because its been drilled into your brain you be good you&#39;ll go to heven, its a way of mass conrtollling people, controlling the simple minded the sheep if you will

how can u put you belife into a book? i might as well go kick it with harry potter...
you nor i have proof there will never be proof untill judgement day, so till 2012 ima keep an open mind

an as for the whole reencaration thing... ill be the mother fuck that throws the alka seltzer at you....

a pigion what a horrorable choice, the poorest of birds

Vulture
09-14-2005, 09:08 AM
do u know how far the bible goes back? like the oldest book ever writtin

bruce
09-14-2005, 09:32 AM
^^
implying of course that written language was developed wholly to write a book of fairy tales...

cuz thats what yor sayin right?
the bible being the first book and such.

Vulture
09-14-2005, 09:57 AM
i dont know what yer sayin, never finished highschool

bruce
09-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 14 2005, 08:57 AM
i dont know what yer sayin, never finished highschool
really?
cuz you coulda fooled me.

:rolleyes:

skateparadise
09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
man i dont know ive OD&#39;d over 4 times, been revived twice from medical teams, fallen from a 3 storie ledge while painting it, commited suicide 7 times, been hit by cars, guns put against me head, tryed to be kidnaped an killed and alot more other shit and im still alive but do i belive in religion no.... i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there

you didnt commit suicide 7 times.... you attemted suicide 7 times. if you commited suicide 7 times and you were a cat. you only have a couple lives left.

Ume
09-14-2005, 11:28 AM
god isen&#39;t real.

go atheists. -_-

GeSuS_KRiST
09-14-2005, 08:15 PM
ok well 7 VERY good attepts :rolleyes:

as for vulture "do u know how far the bible goes back? like the oldest book ever writtin"

the fuck was that posta mean?

tonedope
09-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by GeSuS_KRiST@Sep 14 2005, 07:15 PM
ok well 7 VERY good attepts :rolleyes:

as for vulture "do u know how far the bible goes back? like the oldest book ever writtin"

the fuck was that posta mean?
yea man, did you like, not take history or sumthin?

Alyte
09-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by calmlikeabomb@Sep 13 2005, 08:57 PM
"you realive at the time the bible was written, they still believed the world was flat, and that the earth was the center of the solar system..."
yes, people did beleive the earth was flat...(isiah 40:22)
and they thought there were only 1200 or soemthing stars (jeremiah 33:22)
and they thought the earth was resting on something in space (job 26:7)
and they knew nothing of atoms (hebrews 11:3)
they thought all stars were the same (1st corinthians 15:41)
and no one would even guess that light moved (job:19,20)
everyone knew absolutely that air was weightless (job 28:25)
that winds blew straight (eccleiastes 1:6)
and that blood was just so you could drain out diseases (leviticus 17:11)
the ocean was percieved as being flat-bottomed (2 samuel 22:16,jonah 2:6)
and that hand-washing should be done in still water when dealing with diseases (leviticus 15:13)

look it up. for a guy just sitting there "making %^4* up" it seems like he got lucky quite a few times...

tonedope
09-14-2005, 08:45 PM
did you look up all tht shit ureself. cause that wouldve taken like a whole lot of time dog

Tony
09-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Alyte
09-14-2005, 09:27 PM
yeah..i checked to make sure it was legit...like, in the past. but i dont have time to do so right now. so if your feeling bored, go to one of those online bibles and see...

tonedope
09-14-2005, 09:29 PM
cool

Mute1
09-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by swich@Sep 14 2005, 12:35 AM
i believe in god because i believe in deomons who posses peoples bodys....and the way they are harmed is by excorcisms that use god as the power...so he must be real.
Wow your one stupid fuck... I can&#39;t believe I just read that. Simply fucks with my dome to know how stupid people can get. I mean.. "GOD EXISTS BECAUSE DEMONS EXIST AND U NEED GOD TO CURE DEMONS SO GOD HAS TO EXIST"

Seriously, do u think its a coincidence that all the people on this thread that believe in god can barely even form coherent sentences or any kind of ideas that aren&#39;t completely dumbed down and childish?

The bible is a load of crap, left behind from when people were just down right stupid. If the bible was truly the word of god, don&#39;t you think that god would have known a little more about the world? No...the bible reflects what people of the time thought and believed in. Shit like, the world is flat, centre of the universe etc.

tonedope
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
swich is kinda retarted

Alyte
09-14-2005, 10:04 PM
(isaiah 40 22 "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..."
(jeremiah 33:22 "...as countless as the stars of the sky..."
job 26:7"...he suspends the earth over nothing..."
hebrews 11:3 okay that one doesnt eork unless you paraphrase
1st corinthians 15:41 "...and star differs from star in splendor"
job:19,20...that isnt even a bible verse..crap..
job 28:25 "..When he established the force of the wind .." umm
eccleiastes 1:6 "The wind goeth toward the south and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits"
leviticus 17:11 "For the life of a creature is in the blood.."
2 samuel 22:16,jonah 2:6 "...The valleys of the sea were exposed" "To the roots of the mountains I sank down;
the earth beneath barred me in forever.."
umm please bear in mind i didnt coem up with all this, i just got it off a site so some of these gotta be a diff vers. or soemthing. im just using NIV.
leviticus 15:13 "he must wash his clothes and bathe himself with fresh water, and he will be clean." umm...whatev

calmlikeabomb
09-15-2005, 02:37 AM
I rember once durring history we got into a big argument and the christan kids were lik, "when we die and your burning in hell and were up in heaven well see whose laughing" haha I laughed in thier faces

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 11:54 AM
I don&#39;t have a religion, nore do I think religions are necessary or beneficial...but I do believe STRONGLY in God and in the Bible...and I read it all the time....

I think going to church or "following rules" is pointless...and just reading the bible and being a good person in side should be good enough. I used to be an atheist myself, a strong anti-religious person, and I used to put up arguments why there isn&#39;t a God, and all of this and that...

But one day I realized that all of this shit HAD to be created by a higher power, and reading the bible...and learning how it was created, made me change my ways. I think alot of people who are against the idea of a higher power just haven&#39;t "seen the light", and that&#39;s not my issue to deal with...nor do I care that they don&#39;t believe in a higher power, because everyone has their own ideas...and more power to them.

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Mute1+Sep 14 2005, 08:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mute1 @ Sep 14 2005, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-swich@Sep 14 2005, 12:35 AM
Wow your one stupid fuck... I can&#39;t believe I just read that. Simply fucks with my dome to know how stupid people can get. I mean.. "GOD EXISTS BECAUSE DEMONS EXIST AND U NEED GOD TO CURE DEMONS SO GOD HAS TO EXIST"

Seriously, do u think its a coincidence that all the people on this thread that believe in god can barely even form coherent sentences or any kind of ideas that aren&#39;t completely dumbed down and childish?

The bible is a load of crap, left behind from when people were just down right stupid. If the bible was truly the word of god, don&#39;t you think that god would have known a little more about the world? No...the bible reflects what people of the time thought and believed in. Shit like, the world is flat, centre of the universe etc. [/b][/quote]
Man, shut the fuck up, you sound like a little kid who read some &#39;big words&#39; in class today, and decided to come to an arguement...

Why the fuck do you care what other people believe??? What is the use of having such a huge dislike and hate of the bible and positive religious beliefs? Fuck you must care so much about what other people do...Maybe before calling the bible a Load of Crap, you should read it, cause I doubt you have, and if you did your mind was probably just to young and incapable of comprehending it...

It&#39;s sad that you hate the bible so much, but at the same time you remind me of countless other ignorant Middle School/High School wanna be revolutionaries.

Grow up.

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 12:01 PM
And just for the record...the bible isn&#39;t the "direct word of God" and again, if you knew even a little about what your so against in this arguement, then you wouldn&#39;t sound so stupid. The bible is just like a history book, and it was written by several authors over a long period of time which is why over the course of the bible, the world "expands". The bible simply documents the miracles of God, and the People of God, and provides positive moral guidlines for people. And how does the size of the world, or whether it&#39;s flat change the value of stories in the bible...it doesn&#39;t, it wasn&#39;t necessary.

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 12:09 PM
What pisses me off is all you wanna be revolutionaries and shit, trying so hard to be against something. Most of you have never even read the bible, and when you did you didn&#39;t have an open mind. You guys are stuck on seeing things from your side of view...believe me, I went through that same shit. But u know what? Why be so negative about something? Why waste so much of your energy being so anti this, anti that. Just mind your own, and stick to your personal beliefs, don&#39;t get caught up with what other people are doing, it&#39;s a waste of time.

By arguing, what do you mean to accomplish? Cause surely you must realize you aren&#39;t gonna accomplish much, you&#39;re not gonna "change" someone&#39;s mind, especailly because most of you have pathetic points and referrances. Just let things be, cause you know damn well that typing on the internet about your negative opinions ain&#39;t gonna do shit. You&#39;re just trying to sound sophisticated and older now that you&#39;re in your teens.

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
My last statement...can you "prove" that the bible is wrong. Can you "prove" there isn&#39;t a God? NO. It&#39;s a matter of faith.

bruce
09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
you know why ppl care?
cuz idiots use the bible and other holy books to fuck shit up...

itd be great if ppl who believed in god and loved the bible just stuck to their own issues...

but the fact of the matter is, we live in a world where religious fanatics run shit...where they use there religions to justify fuckin over other ppl who never did anything wrong to them...

maybe theyre big bearded turban wearers with ak47s...
or maybe there gray haired cattle ranchers signing executive orders...

its kinda hard to ignore something when an ultimatum like yor either with us or against us is shoved down yor face.

you ask others to be open minded and then you insult everything they say?

wheres the reasonin in that...
if you cant stand by yor own opinions why should others bother?

ares
09-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Youth and ignorance do go hand in hand.. I feel what your saying though, especially on the bit about having your mindset locked into what you believe in, but this goes two ways. I can&#39;t even count how many times I&#39;ve dealt with people who go out of there way to preach their shit on you, no matter what you say. They feel its their job to spread the word that they have been taught, which is bullshit in my opinion. The fact that no matter what you have to say, or what you believe in matters to the people who are trying to convert you, because it&#39;s not what they&#39;ve been taught. This is what I can&#39;t stand about most religion, the narrow minded attitude that is taught and excepted by millions of people. Keep and open mind, and don&#39;t follow anything blindly.

Jugga
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I don&#39;t have a religion, nore do I think religions are necessary or beneficial...but I do believe STRONGLY in God and in the Bible...and I read it all the time....

I hope you don&#39;t think that I&#39;m being condescending or derogatory in any way by stating this, but....

That was a stupid thing to say...

The bible is the book of the Christian religion...
how are you going to say that you don&#39;t believe in religion, yet say you&#39;re a strong believer of the bible?

Personally, I&#39;ve read the bible...
I&#39;ve read it again recently (old testament)...
And... I STILL think its bullshit..

I&#39;ve read some of the Tipitaka.. (Buddihst holy book)..
I plan on reading the entire thing...
but the English version of it is 40 volumes long...
and I haven&#39;t found that kind of time yet...

but from what I&#39;ve read, Buddhism makes a lot more sense than Christianity...

I&#39;m going to get my hands on a copy of the Qur&#39;an soon...

I really like studying religions...
Its always a good idea to know your enemy..

metro 519
09-15-2005, 03:25 PM
of course there is a higher power...

Jugga
09-15-2005, 03:34 PM
^ Yeah, Maddox....

:ph34r:

FadeProof
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
who hear has heard or read from the apocrypha???

amet one
09-15-2005, 04:30 PM
as &#39;jesussaves&#39; said it, ill say it the same...jesus saved my life

scary dreams
09-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Jugga@Sep 15 2005, 02:18 PM

I hope you don&#39;t think that I&#39;m being condescending or derogatory in any way by stating this, but....

how are you going to say that you don&#39;t believe in religion, yet say you&#39;re a strong believer of the bible?

but from what I&#39;ve read, Buddhism makes a lot more sense than Christianity...

The bible is simply a book which documents biblical history...

Me believing in God, and beleiving the bible; well, most of it, does not make me a Christian in any way...And if you still think that...then tell me how??? I still have my own interpretation of the bible, I don&#39;t go to church for example, and I don&#39;t follow anyone elses opinions, I just have my own. Now tell me how ANYTHING I said was stupid? And how you aren&#39;t the stereotypical "I"m gonna be a buddhist because everyone thinks it&#39;s more sophisticated" kid?

Jugga
09-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by scary dreams+Sep 15 2005, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (scary dreams &#064; Sep 15 2005, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jugga@Sep 15 2005, 02:18 PM

The bible is simply a book which documents biblical history...

Me believing in God, and beleiving the bible; well, most of it, does not make me a Christian in any way...And if you still think that...then tell me how??? I still have my own interpretation of the bible, I don&#39;t go to church for example, and I don&#39;t follow anyone elses opinions, I just have my own. Now tell me how ANYTHING I said was stupid? And how you aren&#39;t the stereotypical "I"m gonna be a buddhist because everyone thinks it&#39;s more sophisticated" kid? [/b][/quote]
First of all... I&#39;m not Buddhist....
so... that&#39;s out...
I&#39;m an atheist...
I just happen to like studying religions and Christianity and Buddhism are all I&#39;ve gotten to so far, (in depth) and Christianity seems to be more bullshit than the other...
not saying that Buddhism isn&#39;t bullshit as far as I&#39;m concerned too...

And secondly...
Christianity is based on what people interpret from the bible...

That&#39;s why you have your Catholics, your protestants, your eastern orthodox...

they are ALL Christians...
just that... their interpretation of the bible was different from the next group...

You believe in religion..
You may not believe in organized religion..(church every sunday, grubbin&#39; on lord every once in a while... all that shit)..
but you believe in religion nonetheless...

By being a strong believer of the bible and not a strong believer in any other holy book...
you are basically confining yourself to Christianity...

Not being sarcastic by this or anything...
but... please....

tell me just exactly what your beliefs are...
So I could understand where you&#39;re coming from....

so far all I know is that you believe in god and the bible...

FadeProof
09-15-2005, 07:30 PM
I&#39;m Agnostic bitches

calmlikeabomb
09-15-2005, 07:52 PM
^^^congradulations.....have a cookie

people that say that "jesus saved them",
how exactly did jesus save you? you read a book about him, and that "saved" you, but jesus himself didn&#39;t come down and save you.....I hate when people have those things "what would jesus do", how the fuck am I suposed to know...I never met the guy....just because you read about him, doesn&#39;t mean you know anything.....haven&#39;t you ever heard the phrase(or what ever its called)"you can&#39;t always believe what you read"?

Jugga
09-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by calmlikeabomb
^^^congradulations.....have a cookie

Exactly... somebody get that ***** a waffle cone..

ACTION NEWS...
09-15-2005, 08:48 PM
NEW QUESTION.

Does God Like Graff?

GeSuS_KRiST
09-15-2005, 09:04 PM
shut up this is a good thread bruce, evak, jugga, calmlikeabomb, and ares throw up damn good arguments

RMA
09-15-2005, 09:18 PM
I believe in the Groove that gave life to the Funk.

tonedope
09-15-2005, 09:20 PM
^i like that. soul scientists ya herd?

Mute1
09-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by scary dreams@Sep 15 2005, 10:54 AM

I think going to church or "following rules" is pointless...and just reading the bible and being a good person in side should be good enough. I used to be an atheist myself, a strong anti-religious person, and I used to put up arguments why there isn&#39;t a God, and all of this and that...

But one day I realized that all of this shit HAD to be created by a higher power, and reading the bible...and learning how it was created, made me change my ways. I think alot of people who are against the idea of a higher power just haven&#39;t "seen the light", and that&#39;s not my issue to deal with...nor do I care that they don&#39;t believe in a higher power, because everyone has their own ideas...and more power to them.
Typical shit. You throw up no arguments but just say that I shouldn&#39;t be argueing against it at all. Why not? Fuck ..religion is not untouchable anymore. I can say whatever I want. Do I think it&#39;s gonna change someone&#39;s mind? Probably not. Do I care? No..

__:Amok:_
09-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Id rather belive in somthing and be wrong then not belive just incase :blink:

GeSuS_KRiST
09-15-2005, 09:38 PM
but whats the point if beliving in the wrong thing supposably sends u to hell?

metro 519
09-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by GeSuS_KRiST@Sep 15 2005, 08:38 PM
but whats the point if beliving in the wrong thing supposably sends u to hell?
cause you enjoy it&#33;

no matter what any one says id still live my life the way i want to live it for better or for worse&#33;

GeSuS_KRiST
09-15-2005, 10:04 PM
i can digg that, no matter what the answer is i will always live the way i want to... with no regrets my life been one weird turn after another and id never trade anything back

Mute1
09-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeha...if being religious helps u live ur life better the way u want to and helps u get thru life then fuck it, be religious. I just don&#39;t think it has any deeper meanin..its like a comfort blanket.

tonedope
09-15-2005, 10:12 PM
i think people should believe what they want to, and not judge others for there beliefs. does that about sum up errbody elses feelings on the subject? jolly good show chaps. capital idea&#33; tah hah hah

Mute1
09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Also, why the hell did god make billions of other galaxies and planets? There is nothing about this in the bible.

09-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I think since , like someone said, since most ppl are brought up in a religion i dont think god would send u to hell... since it wasnt ur fault ... :huh: either way. I&#39;m a Roman Catholic and i totally agree that half of the shit is whack. I only belive in what jesus said and only afew others. I dont belive that telling a priest what u didnt wrong in confession does anything but make u feel better that u got it off your chest or that singing songs ever did anyone any good. I belive in what jesus said because I think its true. I mean there were eye witnesses accounts of what he did and they could write back then i dont think they were just makin shit up. And he WAS a real person theres obviously loads of proof. And the way I look at it is , how many other religions have as much truth as Christians? I mean is there proof that theres supposadly 1000 Budist gods or Hindu or wat ever? ok im just rambling pz.

//Amok

Jugga
09-15-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Mute1@Sep 15 2005, 09:13 PM
Also, why the hell did god make billions of other galaxies and planets? There is nothing about this in the bible.
Cause people didn&#39;t know that when it was written...

nor did they have plausible explanations for many things that happen in nature...
which explains all the "magic� and "miracles" that were going on in the bible...

Now that we are no longer ignorant to the fact that lighting is just static electricity at its finest, you&#39;d have to be crazy to believe in Zeus...

knowing how wind and shifts in temperature affect tides, currents, and ocean waves.. You&#39;d have to be crazy to believe in Neptune...

People still believe in god cause no hard evidence has been brought up against him yet...

but... the human race is still relatively young...
and sooner or later, you&#39;d have to be crazy to believe in god too...

09-15-2005, 10:31 PM
only question i have is why back in biblical times were there mad angel apperances and god talkin to ppl and "the savior" here n all this miracles n then u think bout nowaday theres none of that stuff.???

Jugga
09-15-2005, 10:33 PM
What are you talking about?...

I saw the virgin mary in my waffle.. :rolleyes:

scary dreams
09-16-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by __:Amok:_@Sep 15 2005, 09:31 PM
only question i have is why back in biblical times were there mad angel apperances and god talkin to ppl and "the savior" here n all this miracles n then u think bout nowaday theres none of that stuff.???
Because, there are so many people out there with fake cases...that the real ones get ignored. And either way, critics will always be against it in every way. It&#39;s a matter of faith really, I mean, what&#39;s so complicated about that? It&#39;s not a matter of science, or proof.

! PrOPeRr ! .aOk.cRu.
09-17-2005, 10:42 AM
For all the people who dont believe in God, whatever that&#39;s your belief, express yourself in that consent. But don&#39;t go off and offend others. As a Catholic, i am completly in believe that there is a higher power, which of course is God. But for some to come and say stupid things evening getting close to God, I find vulgar, and I dont care for it. Watch what you say, cause i guarantee it&#39;ll come back to you.

rezwan
09-17-2005, 04:03 PM
*edit- please explain to me why you put a big picture of a honda in your signature. thats the most obnoxious thing i&#39;ve seen all day.

i dont think people should simply believe whatever they want and let others do the same, although they should understand that each person ultimately makes the decision themselves and all you can do is expose them to new information and ideas which may change their way of thinking.

i currently believe that there is one truth for every matter, and that that one truth isnt always immediately apparent to us, mostly because of all the untruths already in our heads clouding and distorting our view on things. i think that if all the knowledge that we kept within us was true(which probably wouldnt be all that much, since we know so little for certain, but maybe they would be large, all-encompassing truths), that we would intuitively understand the truth of all the little things around us, like observing a plant or a skunk or a person, and possibly that thing&#39;s purpose in relation to your purpose and everything else.
-------
and now onto christianity...
an important message i have for all the christians and bible readers, is that the bible has been distorted so much over the centuries that its not even really worth looking at. at least not as a way to save yourself. you gotta do that yourself.
i know i&#39;ve seen several of them with passages that are worded completely differently. and think about it, it was written like 50 years(?) after jesus&#39; death in a period of war and political turmoil, in an entirely different languge. and then came the crusades and a whole bunch of other wars during which it could have been re-written and we&#39;d never even know. also did you ever stop to consider that the apostles or disciples or whoever wrote it could have been the very same people who brought him to be crucified? just a thought.

it-cant-rain-all-the-timelalala
09-17-2005, 05:50 PM
what is god?
you dont nead a god to be crazy

! PrOPeRr ! .aOk.cRu.
09-17-2005, 05:56 PM
who in the fuck are you? I could careless if you think its "obnoxious", thats why its called, MY SIG. think next time, retard.

09-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by rezwan@Sep 17 2005, 03:03 PM
i dont think people should simply believe whatever they want and let others do the same, although they should understand that each person ultimately makes the decision themselves and all you can do is expose them to new information and ideas which may change their way of thinking.

i currently believe that there is one truth for every matter, and that that one truth isnt always immediately apparent to us, mostly because of all the untruths already in our heads clouding and distorting our view on things. i think that if all the knowledge that we kept within us was true(which probably wouldnt be all that much, since we know so little for certain, but maybe they would be large, all-encompassing truths), that we would intuitively understand the truth of all the little things around us,

^somany key words&#33;^

general experience of the world ...communication, connexion...love...pure

we are complexe being and i believe we created ourselves from what we wanted to be...

what do i want to do rigth now? i want the purest communication and search for it...
i want what i am... purest communication available...

communication is threatened by ignorance ... ignorance is not a state but an action for some people..they ignore what they think as a way to get away easily and feel better but they only feel better because they are afraid to feel bad....

to believe in god or not is not very interesting.... but what is god is more fun

rezwan
09-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by &#33; PrOPeRr &#33; .aOk.cRu.@Sep 17 2005, 04:56 PM
who in the fuck are you? I could careless if you think its "obnoxious", thats why its called, MY SIG. think next time, retard.
more importantly, WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT THERE? you dont have to answer me, just think about it.

"cuz i fucking like hondas, you retard, leave me alone"

i believe we created ourselves from what we wanted to be...

sorry i dont get this.....

but about your communication/connection thing... i read something somewhere that pagans believe magic occurs naturally when all 5 of your senses are working at full awareness, so if your talking to someone like that and conciously using and observing body language, voice, eyes, words, symbols, smell of environment, vibe in air, etc, then you&#39;d be close, know what i mean?

! PrOPeRr ! .aOk.cRu.
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
yeah i like hondas. i already called you a retard. but i WOULD NEVER SAY " LEAVE ME ALONE " I AINT NO MOTHAFUCKIN BITCH LIKE YOU.

Alyte
09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
urgh....i have a huge problem with catholic people who think its alright to swear...

um for you who say " the bibles been manipulated blah blah blah.." what about the dead sea scrolls? the couldnt twist it because then parts between the old and new testament wouldnt line up. and yes, some people have and still do distort it, like JW&#39;s, for example can only read a certain portion per day, probably so that they cant figure out they&#39;re wrong, and catholics twisted it a bunch back when a lot, too. really, God will speak to you trhough thoughts and stuff, the bible is just there to back it up or w/e.

and for you who say "blah blah blah religion is just a blankie to make you feel warm and good inside" personally, i my beleifs drive me almost to insanity, i think its better that way because accusations like that dont apply, and also if you flip it and say religion is just to make me feel insane, it still doesnt apply. ecclisiaste is a very good book.

Vulture
09-17-2005, 10:05 PM
people wonder how people like me can believe and follow God, they say theres no proof, they look at it as just another fairy tale. Close yer eyes, close yer mouth, and open yer heart, its all the proof ya need.

The bibles there ta answer all the questions u need ta know

Jugga
09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Alright.... I can&#39;t open my heart on command...
but I did close my mouth and eyes...

Wow... I never knew god was black...

The Incredible D
09-18-2005, 12:14 AM
gods my homie.

09-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by rezwan@Sep 17 2005, 05:33 PM

i believe we are the architechs of our own existence at small and large scale
meaning our individual lives, the relations we have with each others
and the existence of a humanity... i am what i want, what do i want?
at least i want to know and not ignore..."TO ignore is something i really hate to do..."
ignorANT are not a problem because they are evoluating someways...but ignorER are volontarely "taking energy without giving it back"...

i want a pure communication... what is a pure communication?
it is a communication without ignorance of the other... it is a communication where everything is important.
some people know these things.. but i dont think that they realize how important they are(even i, havent...) or even worst they know it, but ignore it...
even i, havent got my mind clear enough to express how it feels...

from those believes "drips" tons of believes from religion to science to new age...
whatever your believes are... the most important is to be present in your own life trough the purest communication available...

evolution of ones mind can go really fast...if he wants to...

but about your communication/connection thing... i read something somewhere that pagans believe magic occurs naturally when all 5 of your senses are working at full awareness, so if your talking to someone like that and conciously using and observing body language, voice, eyes, words, symbols, smell of environment, vibe in air, etc, then you&#39;d be close, know what i mean?

yeah i understand...id say its a way of saying it since there are so many ways to do so... those could be related to new age movement ... new age...new age
...new aaageee.... they are some pretty stupid things in new age...but there are also basic statement that i think would be the most modern universal language that can speak about reality...

what is reality
what is the base of reality...?

Salafi_Zahrah
09-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Jugga@Sep 15 2005, 02:18 PM

Ashadu an la illah ill Allah, wa ashadu anna Muhammadar rasoolullah,

If you do get a Qur&#39;an get the Noble Qur&#39;an not the Yusuf Ali translation it&#39;s not very good translation. But the English is only a translation the real Qur&#39;an is in the Arabic. With translations there is so much that is left out.

Jugga
09-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Oh, of course...

just like with any text..
a lot of it is lost in translation...

but it gives me the gist of it...
and, its also the best I can do...

I&#39;m not going to teach myself Arabic to read it...

By the way, thanks a lot...
I&#39;m going to keep the Nobel Qur&#39;an in mind when I hit the book store...
hopefully I remember...

amet one
09-18-2005, 01:35 PM
"""people that say that "jesus saved them",
how exactly did jesus save you? you read a book about him, and that "saved" you, but jesus himself didn&#39;t come down and save you.....I hate when people have those things "what would jesus do", how the fuck am I suposed to know...I never met the guy....just because you read about him, doesn&#39;t mean you know anything.....haven&#39;t you ever heard the phrase(or what ever its called)"you can&#39;t always believe what you read"?"""

---calmlikeabomb

read the bible man... jesus is the savior......... god does exist...

09-18-2005, 01:57 PM
he saved them from going to hell....isnt&#39;it?

and "about what would jesus do"....you can say
"what would the wise do?" he would investigate objectively before jumping to
conclusion...

Alyte
09-18-2005, 04:03 PM
exactly, how much of the spiritual world have you experienced? probably none thus far, and thats a reason not to believe in God, but once you do experience part of it, you&#39;ll have no reason not to believe.

rezwan
09-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by it&#045;cant&#045;rain&#045;all&#045;the&#045;timelalala@Sep 18 2005, 08:10 AM

i believe we are the architechs of our own existence at small and large scale
meaning our individual lives, the relations we have with each others
and the existence of a humanity... i am what i want, what do i want?
at least i want to know and not ignore..."TO ignore is something i really hate to do..."
ignorANT are not a problem because they are evoluating someways...but ignorER are volontarely "taking energy without giving it back"...

i want a pure communication... what is a pure communication?
it is a communication without ignorance of the other... it is a communication where everything is important.
some people know these things.. but i dont think that they realize how important they are(even i, havent...) or even worst they know it, but ignore it...
even i, havent got my mind clear enough to express how it feels...

from those believes "drips" tons of believes from religion to science to new age...
whatever your believes are... the most important is to be present in your own life trough the purest communication available...

evolution of ones mind can go really fast...if he wants to...

yeah i understand...id say its a way of saying it since there are so many ways to do so... those could be related to new age movement ... new age...new age
...new aaageee.... they are some pretty stupid things in new age...but there are also basic statement that i think would be the most modern universal language that can speak about reality...

what is reality
what is the base of reality...?
i personally never purposely ignore things, but i sometimes pretend to. the reason i do this is because once i outwardly acknowledge something, i&#39;m usually expected to deal with it. when i do this its usually cuz i dont know how to deal with the situation or just don&#39;t want to. im not the only person who&#39;s like this.

and yea, i agree about the stupidness of lot of "new age" stuff. shitty stuff gets published, its like the music industry. carlos castanada, whos books i hear were a major force in starting the whole thing, wrote good books tho. he basically followed this native mexican/central american shaman around and used natural hallucinagens while the shaman Juan tried to pass knowledge down to him and he documented it.

amet one
09-18-2005, 04:51 PM
who here is accually christain? i am

09-18-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by rezwan@Sep 18 2005, 03:43 PM
and yea, i agree about the stupidness of lot of "new age" stuff. shitty stuff gets published, its like the music industry. carlos castanada, who i hear started the whole thing, wrote good books tho. you dont need them but theyre good
the first and "only" books i read about spiritualité/new age was written by micheal aivanhov ... hes cool ,he speaks very clearly but sometimes hes just weird ... sometimes he says he shouldnt even be saying what he told because it was too early, lol&#33;.. but somehow it could reenforced someones will to know the truth...
generaly his message was about creative visualisatioin/positive thinking...etc..
he was humourous also... neways i dont remember well...
all i know is that he only left question for me to answer most of the time...

! PrOPeRr ! .aOk.cRu.
09-18-2005, 07:37 PM
-Roman Catholic.

Alyte
09-18-2005, 10:10 PM
- 5th generation Plymouth Brethren

09-19-2005, 04:26 PM
i hate life i hate being lonely i hate school i hate people but i hate being lonely i hate not having anything. i wish i could do something more i wish people would listen i wish the phone call was for me. if i wanted to be like you i proabably would but im not because i hate you and how you live and how you force it down the throats. i will fight you until i die. i am going to go fight you right now, after i finish writing crap about you and your twisted views. my drive for your conquering overrides my nature and my knowledge of my nature. i will not just be passive any longer i will not forgot. the magazines may keep glorifying you but the cries of disgust of me will fill the news and your peace will be disrupted. i hate you. i hate myself.

are you? your web site has a cool design(only the design) though...
http://www.clix.to/alyte
next person to click will be 1111&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
oh gaawwd...

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 17 2005, 09:05 PM
people wonder how people like me can believe and follow God, they say theres no proof, they look at it as just another fairy tale. Close yer eyes, close yer mouth, and open yer heart, its all the proof ya need.

The bibles there ta answer all the questions u need ta know
what if your hart is open, what if your eye and mouth where shut what if it was part of your up bringing what if u went to schools for it... then what happens when u look at it and really think about it... you start to question it, do u belive in santa claus for ever? no but for a good amount of years you belive in him untill you get smart enough to beable to question it

all the answers arent in the bible ive looked many many times... the answers are with in yourselfs

Alyte
09-19-2005, 07:50 PM
WHOAAA that was written like grade 6...umm i made that website entirely in MSpaint and notepad...uhhh i tried to close it down buuuutt i couldnt rmember the pass...crap...

Vulture
09-19-2005, 07:52 PM
i never believed in Santa Clause, if he was real id fuckin stab him

Alyte
09-19-2005, 07:55 PM
its funny becuase absolutely no one gets real upset and dedicates their entire live&#39;s to proving the easter bunny&#39;s not real. and seriously buddy, i would pull out some scripture to suggest you clean up ur language but all i can remember right now is "let your yes be yes and your no be no"

it cant rain, yes, i am brethren, a negative one, but still brethren.

Vulture
09-19-2005, 08:01 PM
sounds more like yer my fuckin mom, so what i got a filthy mouth, i still follow God, we all sin, he says "follow and live for me" so thats what im doin, people just show it different.

Fuck Fuckity Fuck

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
umm quit while your behind

Mute1
09-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by amet one@Sep 18 2005, 12:35 PM
"""people that say that "jesus saved them",
how exactly did jesus save you? you read a book about him, and that "saved" you, but jesus himself didn&#39;t come down and save you.....I hate when people have those things "what would jesus do", how the fuck am I suposed to know...I never met the guy....just because you read about him, doesn&#39;t mean you know anything.....haven&#39;t you ever heard the phrase(or what ever its called)"you can&#39;t always believe what you read"?"""

---calmlikeabomb

read the bible man... jesus is the savior......... god does exist...
What the fuck man? How can you say something like that? Just because it&#39;s written in a book, doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s true. Get that through your head.

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 09:14 PM
one fish 2 fish red fish blue fish

Myner
09-19-2005, 09:20 PM
i dont, it is scientifically we evolved from apes, so when the wrote the bible they had no acutal proof. but i do believe in a higher power, after everything ive gone through. and i have had alot of friends that have died and i do believe there are some where looking out for me.but i dont believe in church, people looking for faith to feel better about them self, i really dont understand.

Vulture
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
u dont believe in church?

Myner
09-19-2005, 09:37 PM
no, the hole point of people going to find faith in god, and making them feel better, by thinkin when they die the will be sent to heaven.

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
right shits fucking onesided, and selfish

Vulture
09-19-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Myner@Sep 19 2005, 08:37 PM
no, the hole point of people going to find faith in god, and making them feel better, by thinkin when they die the will be sent to heaven.
ok so if were so fulla bullshit in thinkin were goin ta heaven then i spose u got all the answers? tell us whats gonna happen

Havoc411
09-19-2005, 10:01 PM
if god is real then why do different people have different depictions of him and stories and theories about him?

Vulture
09-19-2005, 10:03 PM
cause people rely to much on stupid shit like the news and other peoples ideas on life and there blinded by the truth

Havoc411
09-19-2005, 10:07 PM
did they have news or television in the times of jesus or muhammad?

Havoc411
09-19-2005, 10:07 PM
there should be a catholic crusade launched against everyone

Vulture
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
no but they had people that craved power so they built cities and temples and forced people ta worship false gods and ever since its twisted people from the real God

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 10:29 PM
vulture have u ever read the bible? the more u tlak in hear the stupider you sound

09-19-2005, 11:21 PM
alot
has been going on around the past few hours...

arguing on gods existence viewed in a premaked way will never lead anywere...
you must synthesize and purify the whole thing(religion, science, etc) to know what god really his ..if he exist
biology and some other science think that the human being is only matter and that we arent even alive.... but we differe from matter because of the complexity of our body and most of all of our BRAIN...
lets say we start from the electron/proton,etc particles(even tough there are infinitely smaller bodies...w-e)
...lets say that they are simple
bodies of energy...those bodies arrange themselves in a way that creates a body that is one the simple particle are still there but they are arranged in a "complex" way to create
a body more powerfull because of the cooperation of all the simple bodies...

...i think im getting away ...but anyways ...what they cant explain is where does that energy comes from...i think every body thinks the same when they really are searching the truth but are kinda speaking different language...

and the goal of philosophia is not to convince people but to build a "language" that is universal... so every one can understand each others... of course that lets place to our humoristic needs...

and im not trying to invent a religion or convince people... im just trying to stimulate your brains like i need it to be(gaawwd.. do i like it)
remind that i pretty much never talk about the same thing... thats because i talk about whats on my mind...intuisively while reading peoples post...that sometimes looks pretty confused, unclear... for answers about a fondamental question...anyways i think im getting away from the topic again...sooo.. i mostly go here because i am having fun writing these things and im learning about myself while doing it...

ziponer
09-19-2005, 11:23 PM
no i think i&#39;ll stick to my athieism and pancakes for now ive sold my soul three times....and maybe if i dont beleive in either heaven or hell it wont catch up to me

Vulture
09-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Gesus is tryin ta be a false god and sound smarter over me, just cuse i state facts he tries ta bring me down so he can take all the glory but he doesnt even have the power ta control the forums. I mean over 70% of the people here voted hes gay

watch this *walks outta the thread*

:edit:
no controlls silly mortal.... watch this

09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
he mostly controls it by deleting off-topic posts...

...well you could be more clear about the difference between the true and false god...
id say that the false god is apparent to the image of the fondamentalist god but what is the true one..im tired..

and id like to know what Gesus thinks about god/higher power...
yes i understood you hated fondamentalism...i think...w-e...
zzz

Alyte
09-19-2005, 11:45 PM
okay, i&#39;ve been losing respect for you ALOT...catholic...i tried not to dock you too many points...swearing..now all this weirdness...and whats with the catholic crusade thing? ever heard of the new world order? nazis?

ziponer
09-19-2005, 11:46 PM
i dont know okay?&#33;??

Alyte
09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 19 2005, 07:01 PM
sounds more like yer my 78768 mom, so what i got a filthy mouth, i still follow God, we all sin, he says "follow and live for me" so thats what im doin, people just show it different.

yeah, thats what Hitler would say, too. and the KKK.

he also said "repent and SIN NO MORE"

09-19-2005, 11:49 PM
Follow the white rabbit...

ziponer
09-19-2005, 11:50 PM
thats great phuck hitlah....hitlah is for fegs&#33;

Alyte
09-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Havoc411@Sep 19 2005, 09:01 PM
if god is real then why do different people have different depictions of him and stories and theories about him?
this might offend...

Satan distorts God into different gods that arent God, if you nkow what i mean. i dunno... this thread seems to be going a bit downhill

GeSuS_KRiST
09-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 19 2005, 10:27 PM
Gesus is tryin ta be a false god and sound smarter over me, just cuse i state facts he tries ta bring me down so he can take all the glory but he doesnt even have the power ta control the forums. I mean over 70% of the people here voted hes gay

watch this *walks outta the thread*

:edit:
no controlls silly mortal.... watch this
hahahaha tryin to be a false god... do you have a clue why my name is gesus

its to throw it in the face of the whole christan socitey to give them a taste of there own med&#39;s they force jesus upon me my whole life so the past 5 years i devoted my time into forceing my veiws on to them onto there bussinesses on to there walls onto there churches

personally i look at myself as a god, i see an hear thing most normal people do not... ive save a uncountable number of lifes working for a suicide hotline, and being a councler for friends and other kids.. when strangers have been hungrys ive bought them somthing to eat when they&#39;ve need clothing ive gave it to them... and theres proof of me existing ... there proof of me helping people.. i find the answer to all of my questions inside of my own mind and find out that in the end we all get what we deserve

so im more real then your god will ever be

as for the whole 70% of the website vote i was gay i have no clue what your tlaking about u have no clue what your talkin about.. over 70 % HAHA your a joke kid over 60% of this website you dont even know exist&#39;s... at a certin time i was probably the most love most jocked head on this site till i became a moderator and became serious...

these arent my fourms to controll but i do keep them in order

Alyte
09-20-2005, 12:01 AM
you see gesus, that "vulture" kid is an example of a...not very proficient christian...we&#39;re not ALL liek that.

what kind of things do you hear and see?

09-20-2005, 12:16 AM
this might offend...Satan distorts God into different gods that arent God, if you nkow what i mean. i dunno... this thread seems to be going a bit downhill
well your not going very far with that....
please tell us is the real god in the bible or is he "in" us?

GeSuS_KRiST
09-20-2005, 12:27 AM
i say the real god is in us...

as for the kind of things i see and hear eh rather not go into it cas then theres going to be a massive amount of beef cas i know someone will say somthing to offend me

09-20-2005, 12:31 AM
lol interresting
...neways im out

Mute1
09-20-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Vulture+Sep 19 2005, 08:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vulture @ Sep 19 2005, 08:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Myner@Sep 19 2005, 08:37 PM
ok so if were so fulla bullshit in thinkin were goin ta heaven then i spose u got all the answers? tell us whats gonna happen [/b][/quote]
At least we don&#39;t pretend to know what&#39;s gonna happen. Why be so deadset on one thing? It makes no sense. You don&#39;t know what&#39;s gonna happen...sure there may be heaven, but there may be ressurection instead...as hard as it is to hear I think we are just gone when we die. People find it hard to grasp that concept because it&#39;s so scary but I think it&#39;s most likely. We just want to believe so bad that there is more to our existence then biological shit u kno...we want to believe there is sumthin deeper like a soul that has to carry on forever but I think this is just wishful thinkin. But yeah, I don&#39;t COMPLETELY believe in this. You never know right? It&#39;s foolish to have "faith" and be so dead set on something that you have no way of knowing if its true or not. Thats why faith is stupid.

GeSuS_KRiST
09-20-2005, 12:56 AM
but arent u being deadsetby saying that and not leavin rooms to think about the fact that there maybe a god i mean dont get me wrong im on your side butjsut seemed like form that post that u belive that theres no religion at all no highpower no higher fourm and i think thats bullshit because highfourms and highers can be anything that get you threw the day although it may not be god but it still does the same thing for you as it does for them.... make sence... its kinda worded weirdly i dont know

bruce
09-20-2005, 01:50 AM
pffft liar
im the only true god.

oh hey look i didnt get struck down for blasphemy.

09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Mute1+Sep 19 2005, 11:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mute1 &#064; Sep 19 2005, 11:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Vulture@Sep 19 2005, 08:59 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Myner@Sep 19 2005, 08:37 PM
ok so if were so fulla bullshit in thinkin were goin ta heaven then i spose u got all the answers? tell us whats gonna happen
At least we don&#39;t pretend to know what&#39;s gonna happen. Why be so deadset on one thing? It makes no sense. You don&#39;t know what&#39;s gonna happen...sure there may be heaven, but there may be ressurection instead...as hard as it is to hear I think we are just gone when we die. People find it hard to grasp that concept because it&#39;s so scary but I think it&#39;s most likely. We just want to believe so bad that there is more to our existence then biological shit u kno...we want to believe there is sumthin deeper like a soul that has to carry on forever but I think this is just wishful thinkin. But yeah, I don&#39;t COMPLETELY believe in this. You never know right? It&#39;s foolish to have "faith" and be so dead set on something that you have no way of knowing if its true or not. Thats why faith is stupid. [/b][/quote]

i could ask "what kind of faith is stupid" tthe one that ignore the other&#33; the one that destroys&#33;&#33;&#33; of course...(yeaah...) like gesus said you positively assure that when we die were just gone...
you are saying that you are stupid according to the "fact" that you said that its stupid to believe something "that you have no way of knowing if its true or not."
you actually said that you didnt pretend to know whats gonna happen.......you should reread your posts before posting...

09-20-2005, 10:04 AM
god made from his own image....from clay...

Havoc411
09-20-2005, 03:01 PM
ewwwww, god is IN me?
i think this thread is dumb cause if you truely believe that there is not god or whatever or if most religeon is bullshit cause they try and push all kinds of ideas into your head, your not being any better by trying to convince everyone that youre right. not directed at anyone in particular, but still, let people think what they want to and if theyre wrong in the end then oh well

snow2skate
09-20-2005, 03:17 PM
If god was real, why would he create things on earth that prove hes not? MINDBENDER&#33;

Havoc411
09-20-2005, 03:28 PM
what proves gods not real?
nobody can prove god is or isnt, its that simple, its all just a waiting game so stop bitching about if you think hes this or that, theres no way to prove your right or wrong. there, this thread is no longer needed, problem solved

09-20-2005, 03:58 PM
YOU need to think about it&#33;&#33;&#33; and thinking is not about some way to get a shortcut...

god is IN me?
i think this thread is dumb cause if you truely believe that there is not god or whatever or if most religeon is bullshit cause they try and push all kinds of ideas into your head, your not being any better by trying to convince everyone that youre right. not directed at anyone in particular, but still, let people think what they want to and if theyre wrong in the end then oh well

not most religion... but all religion are corrupted because they organize themselves to try to convince people or other pathetic reasons...BUT of course... what is the starting point of ANY religions...the search for ultimate truth.. what is their primal conclusion... the ultimate truth is an individual truth... meaning that there is no "truth" that can be pushed into ones head.....and that is why that it is contradictory...

we can suggest, we can stimulate creative behaviors...
which im sure you already do...
and if this thread must die, it will...
i recon its getting boring ... maybe rezwan can bust a nice mind trick...

Havoc411
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
the way i see it is that people have been pondering the question how did we come about to be, and in primitave times when science wasent around they just said "oh we were created by some all powerful being, thats gotta be it" and it took off from there. its just an option for an answer in a time that happened to only have that answer, and people have devoted soo much into that idea that its still around today and the notion that we could use science or other means to find another possible answer is just taboo cause "if it aint broke dont fix it"
im personally not a religeous person and i really dont give a shit, i live my life for me. but until i see some concrete evidence on the religeon aspect or the scientific aspect that makes it 100% beleiveable im not gonna believe in anything. i think theres no point in trying to come up with another possible answer to the big question because you cant convince everyone to believe something, point in case, religeon. if people can still doubt it then its not 100% credible.
holy shit, that was alot of babble for nothing

09-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Havoc411@Sep 20 2005, 02:28 PM
what proves gods not real?
nobody can prove god is or isnt, its that simple, its all just a waiting game so stop bitching about if you think hes this or that, theres no way to prove your right or wrong. there, this thread is no longer needed, problem solved
i think we approaching a point were humanity will not discuss the origins of life any more ...

if god doesnt exist what is energy? we know its coming from the big bang...
it was "invented" in 1930 aprox. so we know science/technology is exponnentially growing just as the humans are being more and more concerned about "humanity"... i dont think we have to wait for our death to know the truth but that you only need to search for it very widely... its a matter of every single individual... but of course every object has his time...

i hope people dont think im trying to convince them of something... because im not really saying anything that you dont know...
i hope so...

Havoc411
09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
im just glad that theres people like you here who can actually hold up in a conversation while talking like a regular human being the whole time and actually knows something about what theyre talking about. im not quite sure i have a grasp on your views in this matter though, if you event have one that is.

Myner
09-20-2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by GeSuS_KRiST@Sep 19 2005, 11:27 PM
i say the real god is in us...

as for the kind of things i see and hear eh rather not go into it cas then theres going to be a massive amount of beef cas i know someone will say somthing to offend me
i agree,
maybe its just they place i am in mentally right now, but im not sure.
im learning about mythology( yeah i miss spelld that)
and different views of god came from all over the earth, and were did all that come from?
so i think god is in you, and can only be what u make of it.

09-20-2005, 09:24 PM
im just glad that theres people like you here who can actually hold up in a conversation while talking like a regular human being the whole time and actually knows something about what theyre talking about.

well...thx...im happy about that too...and i dont know if i know anything but myself...i know myself thats for sure...

im not quite sure i have a grasp on your views in this matter though, if you event have one that is.

i understand how it feels...

all i do is experimenting point of view. so my... «views» should be in constant change(i have some occasionnal down too you know) ... you ask good question... if it was one lol...

i hope people understand the benefits of this activity for both themselves and their environnement...

TipNips
09-20-2005, 09:38 PM
my take on the "GOD" thing is that sumdays i&#39;ll believe that there is A god, but not necessarily tha wun that i was baptized to believe in. i&#39;ve kinda jus picked n pulled frum what i&#39;ve lerned in tha past n made my own conclusion, BUT i&#39;m still learnin. i go to an all girls catholic/private high school, and you&#39;d think they&#39;d b all like "GOD IS GREAT N GOOD N ANYWUN WHO IS AGAINST HIM IS A SINNER N GOIN TA HELL&#33;&#33;&#33;" but it was tha complete opposite. freshmen theology fucked w/ ma hed n i luv it for that. i realized that the pious ass i was in 6-8th grade wasn&#39;t a well grounded as i thought it would b. i swear i&#39;ve tried so many new religions, but i keep comin bak to tha belief that there is sumthin greater than us... like tadae in world religions, i was thinkin bout smilin n how its sumthin universal that we do when we&#39;re happy, AND cryin too... god it sounds fuckin corny, but where tha hell duz it come from. i red this thing bout how its hormones n ur brain tells ya ta do it, but ionno its like theres sumthin else. n i accept both evolution n the theory of there bein a god. i think its a false argument to put evolution vs God. i don&#39;t take the Bible literally, i jus look at it for moral teachings... even tho i think they lied n that Mary Magdalene IS an apostle. i luv hinduism n islamic preachings. i luv taoism n animism... sum of yall mite think i&#39;m a crackhed for even thinkin that they&#39;re all similar, but i don&#39;t think that relgions has to go against religion. i think it all came frum sum central thing, whether it b human kind tryin ta find answers, or a greater bein tryin to send us a messge that we do have a purpose... maybe we don&#39;t have any purpose at all.... SHIT I READ TOO MUCH CRAP... :blink: aight i think thats enuff readin for yall... i&#39;d b surprised if yall kept on readin ma words n haven&#39;t concluded w/ tha thought that i&#39;m an idiot n have dunn too much crack... :ph34r:

09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
i think your doing great... but you should try to separate your text in paragraph in the future ...lol.. its easier to read..im at the library so ill post again back home..maybe...

Threat
09-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I do believe in a higher power, it&#39;s called GOD. The God that is written about in the Bible.
Look around you, nature itself is nothin but intricate design, look into the complexities of the human body, do you guys (girls if there are any) think that it all happened by chance??? somethin to consider.

Havoc411
09-21-2005, 07:33 PM
you think theyve found neandrethal people and other mid ape-human beings by chance? and why dosent it say anything about dinosaurs or pre homosapien beings in the bible? and if god created everything, wha created god?

Alyte
09-21-2005, 09:18 PM
actually, many neanderthal mid-human ape things are just crocks. they would find a human head in one place and a monkey or donkey jaw (wait..im thinking samson..) and they&#39;d put em together.
carbon dating is false, also. i dont know all the sutff behind it but i&#39;m gonna find out some day.
as i see it, God exists outside of time, so they&#39;re doesnt neccesarily need to be anything "before" him, since to Him, "before" doesnt apply. if you know what i mean. Dinosaurs? someday i&#39;m gonna find a map of pangaea (sp?) and see where the dinosaurs actually lived, since the israel was in the centre, and maybe people knew about dinosaurs but just not the people who wrote the bible.

Alyte
09-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by it&#045;cant&#045;rain&#045;all&#045;the&#045;timelalala@Sep 19 2005, 11:16 PM

this might offend...Satan distorts God into different gods that arent God, if you nkow what i mean. i dunno... this thread seems to be going a bit downhill
well your not going very far with that....
please tell us is the real god in the bible or is he "in" us?
Um the real god doesnt "live" in the bible, the bible is just what he told people to write down, or however you want to look at it. but, in genesis is does say that man and woman was created in the likeliness of God. but then satan came and la-te-dah.

09-21-2005, 09:29 PM
god is eternal and created everything that exists

because he is eternal and transcends the laws of time he doesnt need a cause

he may have one.. but logically he doesnt need one

im just being the theist here...

in my opinion both theist and athé are either both rigth or wrong...
because they both defend a cause that has its rigth to be
the athé reject what is negative in religion
and the theist reject what is negative in science

they cant understand fully what the other party is trying to express...
this is why they cant come to an accord

does anyone wants me to post some links to information on philosophia
(im not following blindly concepts without investigating it with all my energy)

skrooeapatape
09-22-2005, 01:18 AM
no i think the generalization would better be
the athé reject what is negative in religion
and the theist reject what is positive (or considered to be true from) in science, or the theist sees it as negative becasue it stumps them (and so they often just interpret it the way they want it to relate it to &#39;gods word&#39; somehow)

..and if you say God logically does not need a casue himself (as you referd to god as a he) Then it would be the same logic that everything without the extra god existed on its own (perhaps in different forms) becasue gods existance (from all the defintions and descritpions ive heard of reffering to god) is more or just as potentially mind boggling as my own and everthing else&#39;s existance. Anyway but i also dont tihnk logic can give good arguments.

but i like your attitude it can rain.. just wanted to address that side..

09-22-2005, 02:54 AM
theist: he believes in god..point...only god ...not the bible (tough the base concept of the bible and god for me is about mutual understanding and not argumentation about its existence or anything they say that does not promote mutual understanding) and wetter its one or another that asks the questions... why do you believe? or why dont you believe?...your not understanding what god really is

and that is important wether we believe or not... you need to try to understand what god is for the believer/n-believer before you have the need to ask him or before he asks you why do you/why dont you believe?
in intention of proving he is wrong or trying to promote your own believes because once you understand what god is there is no need to promote anything but mutual understanding...

if not you will come to say exactly the same thing as the other in terms of mutual understanding...by doing so you lose the very meaning of god and existence and perpetualy try to avoid the truth of the reality of mutual understanding as an absolute truth for a concious evolution of humanity....god or not...

mutual understanding is what composes the essence of god(theist)and of every thing that exists(athé) wether god exist or NOT&#33;&#33;&#33;(agnostick) factual, logical and rationnal truth all in one...bbrraPP&#33;&#33;&#33;

god did say something to the man.. he told him to try to understand

1st paragraph:
my words werent really mine...im not very confortable with these theist/atheist position so its difficult for me to be logical in those case because of the variety of position englobing this and not that...(this is why the simple theist is more probable to get misunderstood by the simple atheist and vice versa and so..... the more they englobe the others...the more understanding there is... the more the world is at peace)

2nd
i dont understand before that: "more or just as potentially mind boggling as your own and everything elses existence..."

so you dont fully understand gods, your own and everything elses existences...

correct me if im wrong...
but you dont really defend anything in a debate on gods existence since you dont understand what he is...

the moments where the atheist/theist affront themselves is a moment of misunderstanding ... this isnt an absolute reality seeing how they actually act when not affronting...again the more the person has a «pantheist» «position»
the more they understand each other...
which leads to hapiness...
(you could object by saying that the absolute reality is affront and not mutual understanding(some only see affront and dont know about mutual understanding) but if you say so... its because of the illusion that you are rigth and the other is wrong...and you need to satisfy your personnal needs...
time will come...)

i hope im not out of the point... because
i worked an hour on the shit

lol i think i looked it over ...wow

Havoc411
09-22-2005, 02:05 PM
aaaaaaaand ive officially lost intrest in this topic

09-22-2005, 05:26 PM
...i need boisson

Threat
09-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Havoc411@Sep 21 2005, 06:33 PM
you think theyve found neandrethal people and other mid ape-human beings by chance? and why dosent it say anything about dinosaurs or pre homosapien beings in the bible? and if god created everything, wha created god?
1.Finding these people doesnt mean that God did not create them (By the way there is no evidence of the so-called "missing link" that would connect Apes with Humans, even evolutionary scientists admit that.)
2.Dinos are mentioned in the Bible
3. The "Who created God debate is a very long one that I personally dont have the time or energy to discuss (if you dont mind) God has always existed, before the existence of time and space.

skrooeapatape
09-22-2005, 07:25 PM
no I said >>from all the defintions and descritpions ive heard of reffering to god is more or just as potentially mind boggling as my own and everthing else&#39;s existance (considering the times when me (or a part of me) even thniks that the existance of thins/anything is mindboggling.. it applies to god going by the defnitions and descriptions ive heard... so your saying i dont know what god is (even tho thats some ways i would know it as the sterotypical defnitions and dexcritions i always hear (cerater inteliigence etc etc) but i guess that youre convinced or u did find him (it whatever) and your saying heis not or has is significantly something other than the common decritions oif him.. so can i ask if theres a way to tell me what it is then (including its attributes) in a sentence or a few words? feeling? can it only be answerd vaguely.. commmunication problem? yea iguessil go into it be it not fighting it but even though thats part of it (it in another sense.. perhaps &#39;whoel picture&#39; or whatever)..im thniknig of letting hgo(if i canput it that way) of my athiest views even tho i feel i can have strong agood arguments still i dont know why i want to stop (is it a pasyh reason becasue i really want to go to heaven not go to hell etc.. THATS the problem i can use my own arguments against me from beliving in god even tho i want to.. i can say "werent you saying that this is why peopl would belive in it and so can just be us for these reasons" but then again so well i dont beclive in hell heaven lets say then it malkes more sense (gogin by what you said to i have to read your letter again) just breifed over it... but yea whatever have views on against for it.. but i think the lets say &#39;really&#39; belicvnig in &#39;god&#39;&#39; sopurce whatever name exists condanly and ev1 should can go to it.. is that just another psycholgical desire i hope not cause id like to belive its true o like you get a nice comfort feeling around you there then again can argue that your deire for it is meant by (why would it not giove u desire for it) but a dfiferent kind of deire actaully its more like letting go (of common ereyday in this life desire) and &#39;god&#39; or whatever the sorce&#39; is is like a peacful desire diffenrt esteteci but inlcides all of you wth your othe types of desires and just pecaes it togethor nam sytni.. hopetr leiof

Havoc411
09-22-2005, 07:44 PM
isnt graffiti sinning?

rezwan
09-22-2005, 09:55 PM
why? because its aginst the law?

skrooeapatape - i dunno if you were drunk when you wrote that or what, but you really need to clean it up a little. like your saying good stuff but it looks stupid at first glance cuz of all the spelling mistakes. still, i know what your talking about with that feeling of comfort all around you. i had that big once and it was one of the events that made me eventually trust and believe in that, and in something else attached and related to it. in fact i was just thinking about it a little earlier today, and for doubting that it was what it probably was, because i had MY (first)experience with it when i was lying awake in bed the morning after a night i did extacy, and i was just thinking today that maybe it was just a side affect cause i&#39;ve only done it twice im not all that familiar with the stuff.

"i feel i can have strong agood arguments still i dont know why i want to stop..... i can use my own arguments against me from beliving in god even tho i want to.. "

well think about it, when people argue, one or both parties usually ends up feeling kinda bad, this i think is a part of what lalala is saying. so what happens when you argue with yourself?.

and one thing ive discovered is that even if you concsiously decide not to argue or whateverit is you do, unless you deal with whatever the root issues(usually a fear, i think) are, then your &#39;subconsious&#39;(whatever the hell that is) will continue with the habit, mostly in subtle ways, everytime you let your guard down, which isnt good.

heavy stuff, i know. but if i can deal with it, why cant other people? am i really that special? hope not

skrooeapatape
09-23-2005, 01:01 AM
cool, but i dont think it would be fear at the root of the issue.. it would be the feeling i get when people really believe they know there is a &#39;god&#39; (especailly mainly taking about from specific imaged gods from religions christianity etc).. and in my head i have al these reasons why it could just be them (even to belive in jesus as well).. so many absurdities i reasoned about &#39;the word of god&#39; etc from common regligions.. and the arguments against god being neccesary.. anyway so with all that in my head mixed with knowing or beliving that so many people really belive they know for sure no matter what and are acting so confident like they know for sure i just feel have to adress that side of it.. also at times the hell idea really bugs me (i can think of good reasons why thats very unreasonable) so maybe that part might be out of fear but then again if i feared it that means i would belive in it so i wouldnt argue aginst it so i guess its not really cause of the hell thing its moe from what i told you.. but i guess hell as well like just case just for thniknig like this lets say i die before i get to be salvated (going on the assumption that its true) but die and so go str8 toh ell for etrever ah dont want to thnik of it.. but anyway dont really belive that that does get to you.. but i think from that &#39;comfort&#39;; feeling is just like tellin me im fine and tnik reaing o whatever happens happens its ok eveyone will i dunno but id like to thnik no one would go to hell forever.. (i think what i really wanted to say was ealrier in the piost th0) ill be back gotta eat

09-23-2005, 11:47 AM
pantheism tolerance (http://www.pantheist.net/members/daanhoekstra.htm)thats the way... you can transpose yourself in other people position
and see yourself... and then again transpose yourself above everything to see if there is something to be upgraded... kinda...(explain the way you see it)

fear is probably at the root of any arguing situation... and you do not really fear hell.. but you migth fear the absence of love...neways..
remember that people that seem confident in their faith doesnt mean they will understand you...and not try to fullfill their need to be acclamed...which isnt human at all...what is human is pure

i think that when people argue with themself theyre not going anywhere at some point... there only going from one position to the other... if you want to know what god is you must merge whit the other position in order to ascend...verticaly

imagine a conic form..... you are, as all of us, at the base ...you can consider all of the superficy as positions against something... the simple atheist/theists positions(when considered as positions...)are on the edges of the base of this cone... because theyre rejection makes them see only a part of the landscape of this base which is why they cannot accept the others view(opposition)... but more and more you approach the middle of the cone the more you understand every point of view(that is made counciously and demand effort)... and realize the beauty of comprehension... this is only an image of what i believe to be the real message of god... and so this is applicable when communicating with yourself, with a person, and the humanity as a «whole»...

so i think everyone understands this simple image of what comprehension is....
i call it a different word almost every day...effective
communication...connexion..God...positive thinking...nature...creative visualisation...absolute truth...free spirit..even human...
all these terms can be related directly to «it» if we have the will to understand each other... its a matter of language if we dont want to understand what the other says we are arguing...
and and if both party can harmonically approach the other and merge at the same time mutual understanding will be made and comprehension will be seen as an absolute truth...

i know it seems like a lot of words to say only one but the base of comprehension could also be seen as variation of the language...if the language is more wide the understanding is way easier(if will there is...)

if you want to believe in god this is what he is about and nothing else ... jesus was not special he just made a choice...

i readed the jesus manga yesterday and jesus said:
«religion is made for the man ...not the man for the religion»...

i hope we answered some of your questions...

my philo teacher considers me as a pantheist...
i still havent researched much on the subject
but it is still a «very comfortable position» as he said...
pantheism:
Any doctrine, philosophy, or religious practice that holds universe [cosmos], taken or conceived of as the totality of forces and/or matter, is synonymous with the theological principle of God.
pantheism (http://www.pantheist.net/)
pantheism religion of science (http://www.pantheist.net/society/oliver_reiser_pan_science.html)
pantheism tolerance (http://www.pantheist.net/members/daanhoekstra.htm)

TipNips
09-23-2005, 07:07 PM
tha thing that i luv about talkin bout a higher power is that people disagree n accept it or fight over it. when they argue about it, i laugh because its like they&#39;re trying to simplify the unknown, n i see that as impossible, but a worthy challenge to face jus for tha kix... :ph34r:

JadedSketches
09-23-2005, 09:10 PM
I just read in the news today that the church is filtering out homosexuals out of catholic schools by observing their behaviours...wow,i hate the church.

09-23-2005, 10:35 PM
i need boisson...

skrooeapatape
09-23-2005, 11:16 PM
de ja vu.. have to work long day tomrow so reply after

btw u go to school in mtl itcantrain??

09-23-2005, 11:20 PM
yeah i go to college in plastic arts... and you?

pSYKAOz
09-24-2005, 12:44 AM
from my quick overread of this thread id like to comment on this that i see often:

religions are arrogant fucks.

ahum no. people in those religions are arrogant fucks. to be christian doesnt mean u hate or think all other religions are wrong. do try and twist the bible to suit your own purpose and not gods purpose is when the arrogant factor enters.

if you are religious then you are here to serve god not yourself. at the same time god is here to help you help yourself.

it would make sense to have a high beeing... then again who is the god/creator of that higherbeing? goes on like that...

used to give myself splitting heaches at age 6 debating this god shit in my head. now i dont even bother. im an arrogant fuck. fuck you god or whataver the fuck that shit is. i like to believe im free to be who i want to be and that fate and god dont exist... haha delusions are sweet..

09-24-2005, 02:16 PM
it would make sense to have a high beeing... then again who is the god/creator of that higherbeing? goes on like that...

what is it that god really create...he created space matter and time...
god is the cause of the universe...nothing exists outside the universe exept god...
so it is illogic to ask who created him...(theist)

im pantheist and i have trouble refuting that argument...because it is logic if you believe in god and accept god is ultimate... but my conception of god is different and so im having a hard time refuting it...

god is the world we live in...
so the universe is as eternal as god...

for me... theist are breaking eternety by saying it was created...thay say eternety was created(im being a jerk rigth here)and break their link to god...

it maybe surprising but alot of us.. already are at some point pantheist... even if we call ourself theist, agnostic or atheist...

even if you dont "understand" the statement above... the important is how we
communicate with the other... and that can embrace the ultimate reality of pantheism... which in my word could describe as tolerance, comprehension, respect...etc for me this is what the world is made of... from chemical interactions to the relation with other people.. to the yet unknown laws of what is bigger than us...

"As participants with our companions in being in the all-encompassing body of God, then, we are responsible to God, the One whose body this is, for the well-being of whatever part of that reality we are dealing with. That this responsibility includes a commitment to working for whatever social transformation is necessary to liberate those who under present circumstances are not free to experience the joys of life, or to contribute their own novel variation on the theme of life, seems to be to be evident, particularly for those for whom a cross is the central symbol of the participation of God in the life of the world."

and this is why some theist/atheist/agnostic share those value... because pantheism is existing in a such subtle way that..
you dont need religious traditions if you dont want them(athéist)
but those traditions can sometimes refere to those same values(theist)
this is when the atheist and theist can merge their position and not be on their guard anymore...

note that.. i am not religious at all...i have my own ways...

god is collecting information about his infinity
hes our energy source at any level for this hard work...
our work consist of redirecting information...
we recieve it, save it, read it in our own way, save it, send it...

you could say that its when we save it that it is sent into the network...

i have a very personnal way to say things sometimes...
but you can see that it always means the same shit...

it looks poetic when i think of it... aww i love writing here:P

http://naturyl.humanists.net/panaware/pan.html

JadedSketches
09-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Damn,some thick shit.

09-24-2005, 05:47 PM
even the thickest rock is moslty made of emptiness...
emptiness represents the infinite potential of what we could be...

its not my words that are thick its you

pSYKAOz
09-24-2005, 05:50 PM
haha i love that last line haha

Kronone
09-24-2005, 06:07 PM
wow.

JadedSketches
09-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by it&#045;cant&#045;rain&#045;all&#045;the&#045;timelalala@Sep 24 2005, 04:47 PM
even the thickest rock is moslty made of emptiness...
emptiness represents the infinite potential of what we could be...

its not my words that are thick its you
I meant thick as in DEEP
I swear to god,every single post results in beef in one way or another.

09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
sorry you took that as beef...
i was only saying that if my word seem deep its only because you can go deep ...its like if my word were the surface of the water...
what

09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
sorry dbl post

sorry you took that as beef...
i was only saying that if my word seem deep its only because you can go deep ...its like if my word were the surface of the water...
but is that surface only englobing me?..i hope not .. i hope that it englobes humanity/universe/god

and trough communications we can dive in a world where words dont mean anything anymore

maybe you or someone can share something to inspire the true meaning of "god"...

strife-306
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by disposable_hero@Sep 12 2005, 09:23 PM
chris angel is god 0_o lol jk bet hes rele freakkyyyy
he&#39;s the new jesus he walked on water...... oo00OOH tghe end is nigh

clockworkfuse
08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
THE CHUMP AINT REAL&#33;

YOP
08-09-2006, 12:19 PM
if ther is a god why did one of my grandperants die then a friend 2 weeks later who was only 19 ?

clockworkfuse
08-09-2006, 12:26 PM
that has nothing to do with god...people die.. its how it goes

ECGA
08-09-2006, 12:45 PM
yeah ^ hes right...when people die thier first reaction is to blame it on someone...thats usually god... humans cant really take the fact that one of thier loved ones dies so they go and blame someone...

so on and so on.... i dont know about god and shit.....too many things in the bible and things that preists say contradict themselves... but as about heaven i think its a load of bullshit...i think it was just created so that people would be good during thier lifetime, and not sin, and more importantly it was created to give people somthing to look foward too once they die...cus i know that i dont believe in heaven and it kind of sucks...you play all these video games and your like o shit i lost a live, let me start over... and as a teenager you feel invincible and you&#39;ll never die...but if you actually look at it... think about that you die. you feel nothing do nothing are noting just blackness forever. your done. and when you have nothing to look foward to once you die its kind of a scary thought.

clockworkfuse
08-09-2006, 12:51 PM
the biggest bullshit hting i;ve ever heard is fucking noah&#39;s arc, liek seriously. what the fuck. 2 of every animal.. thats a fuck load of animals. ttheres like 956546 billion different kinds of insects, and two of each. pretty real. and on some show they thought they found his arc. itwas like.. that the gras here is discoloured, theres some old wood ont he ground over there, this looks like a cage. get fucking real. its bll shit. everything is bullshit. creationism is also one of the lamest things ever

ECGA
08-09-2006, 12:51 PM
sorry for teh double post, but i just thought of a really good example of heaven..

has anyone ever seen The Village???

thats a great example of my beliefs on heaven... they created a story of monsters that eat you to keep people from leaving the village and experienceing the outside world with all the killing, and violence...kind of like i think heaven was to created to keep people from going and sinning...but the monsters were fake it was just a story to keep people in...

its exactly my views on heaven except instead of saying somthing bad will happen if you do, heaven is like somthing good will happen if you don&#39;t. Kind of see where im coming from???

-=AgA=-TrAnCe
08-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Havoc411@Sep 22 2005, 06:44 PM
isnt graffiti sinning?
hhaha i got one comment on that and its no, it isnt.

if a christian tells you to stop painting just say, where the fuck in the commandments does it say, thou shall not paint the wall.
yeah u keep walking fag&#33;

dotone
08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
there is a god. humans are to stupid to have created everything there is today with a divine maricle

koper
08-09-2006, 01:15 PM
i believe there is something out there that triggered the chain of eventes that lead us to be where we are right now. Is that god? Sure. Is he a divine being? No. Only a force of some sort. Something likely beyond our comprehension.

Unfortunately i cant grant that he is omnipotent, omniscient, eternal, etc...

>PhAzE<
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Im not one of those strict cristian bitches that read the bible every day, but I believe in God...

...Not Jesus, I dont really know, I just believe in a God, sometimes Im not sure...

As for the big bang/Gods creation who knows, maybe dinosaurs built the fuckin universe...dont really give a shit.

Thats just me, I believe in A God...

>PhAzE<
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
And the bible...who established it the Jews or something in whatever fuckin language that is...who told some Jew guy to write the bible in this language or who told him what to write?

For all we know, GOD could be like Santa Claus, a decent person doing great things, and was "worshipped" and transformed into a mythical being created by the ideas of man, their ideal creator.

Dont get me wrong...if thats what you believe hey, thats just not me

Like I said I believe in A god, not Jesus...

SpLiTbomber
08-09-2006, 07:29 PM
^ blown out of proportion is probably right

ancient civilizations would invent their own ways to justify things they did not understand, thus leading to the worship of an object or figure. mayans, aztecs, n w/e other south american groups worshiped a sun god, because that was their only explanation for why some years harvests where better n some worse. So they concluded if they made him happy with rituals, gifts, offerings, and sacrifices he would make their corn grow so they wouldnt all starve to death. now of course we dont worship the sun for food, but we have groups like christianity who worship jesus for salvation. We have a problem and due to our societys fear of death we need a way to solve our problem. indians would die without food --- worship sun for good harvest. now most of civilized society doesnt need to worry about food, so it worships jesus christ for salvation, a spiritual belief that if we are bad we go burn in hell...

this was actually something [most probably bullshit] invented in the middle ages.. stupid peasants wiht no education with a ratio of hundreds to one of the rich and prosperous. so wut does society do? invent christianity, a method to keep people in line. priests taught people, if you read the bible, worship jesus, and give all of your savings to the kind you will recieve salvation from the "aggonizing blazes of hell"

then society gets a lil smarter so they took out the really obvius parts like paying to go to heaven etc. now look at all the wierd n wacky theorys people have, and how the church dismissed every one of them.

going back to things blowing out of proportion, look at the story of noahs ark... who heard about the scientists who supposedly found its remains? ok so its a boat. and there was probably a flood, and the guy too a few animals with him. what do people do? say the world was flooded and no one else survived etc etc

its all bullshit, people just need n icon they can think they trust, like jesus... so people just jump on the bandwagon cuz theres already a couple million &#39;believers&#39;

sheeeet nows a good time for one of my favourite quotes... dun dun dun

"the truth is out there" [eerie music from x files starts playing]

RFI. SPit
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
I beleive in no religion, and no god. I reject the idea completely. Religion is one of the worst things to ever happen to this world, it has caused nearly every war there has ever been. Even today, people load them selves up with explosives and blow up buildings in the name of their "god".

Religion is the act of brainwash

Accept it or spit it out. You are free.

Guerrilla876
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
i have tons of views on this. such as, couldn&#39;t the bible have been rewritten a couple of times? we wouldn&#39;t even ever know. And adam & eve. wouldn&#39;t their own children have to conceive? was it alright back then? because now this type of idea seems kind of wrong. get what i&#39;m sayin? and my belief in god . . . well i believe in him. things we&#39;re created somehow, even if it wasn&#39;t from him. so i do and i don&#39;t. i could go on for hours about how i believe in god and yet i don&#39;t. i guess im mutual in a bunch of this ish & conversations like this tend to get me goin for hours.

i&#39;ll be back in here in the future. but any others that think the same so far on how i view it? or any similarities?

start today
08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
i&#39;m christian, but i don&#39;t try to like convert people who don&#39;t believe in God...they have their choices and i have mine. i&#39;m not gonna hate on someone just because they don&#39;t agree with me on everything, and i don&#39;t think they should hate on me just because i believe in God

clockworkfuse
08-09-2006, 10:16 PM
i dont hate on peopel who believe in this chump. but i dont think hes real

>PhAzE<
08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
...And then gospel music was born

lmao

NOMX
08-10-2006, 04:53 AM
i dont believe in god, if hes real he is doing a really shitty job. the only religion that makes any sort of sense is buddhism... and i still dont belive in a few things in that, belive what u want but thats just how i see it.

Monster Island
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
anyone ever see the Elegant Universe? very interesting video dealing with the string theory and such.....sorta confusing but interesting as hell, ive got to watch it a few more times to totally get it.

afek
08-10-2006, 05:45 PM
i believe that we evolved from other species y would god create the dinosoars and not creat us first. and we are alone in the universe we are a daformatey in the chain of species. religon was only created becuase humans dont understand even today win you see some one on the brink of death and they survive we cant explain that so we turn to god for anwsers. thats wat i beleive and religon gives you false hope.

fannypack uprock
08-10-2006, 05:48 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/fannypack_/sucks2.jpg

''SCC''
08-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Where was god when my pops dided
fuck god

>PhAzE<
08-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Everybody dies dude...

Again I dont believe in "God", just saying so dont go out on me

Socrates
08-10-2006, 07:37 PM
why do you even give a shit?
evolution is a crappy unproven theory
the idea of a god pisses me off
fuck philosophical arguments about inconsequential bullshit
fuck speculating on life, why dont you live?

SpLiTbomber
08-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by afek@Aug 10 2006, 04:45 PM
i believe that we evolved from other species y would god create the dinosoars and not creat us first. and we are alone in the universe we are a daformatey in the chain of species. religon was only created becuase humans dont understand even today win you see some one on the brink of death and they survive we cant explain that so we turn to god for anwsers. thats wat i beleive and religon gives you false hope.
very well put

dude, my fucking religeon teacher fucking yelled at me saying that dinasaurs never existed and they wer lies invented by the devil to lead to the disbelief in god.... so did the devil also invent carbon dating, fossils, and prehistoric bones too?
:P

i saw a show once, i wish i knew wut it was called, it was on like scifi about how we are an example of breeding of homosapians and aliens... lil farfetched rite? nahh it gets betta...

thinnk bout it, for thousands of years we wer basicly monkeys, and then in a couple decades/ hundred years *poof* we are humans... so the idea of the program was wut if aliens had spliced their dna with le munkeys/homosapians w/e we wurr... brief pause

i know uv all heard how the possibilites that other life in the universe would b at all similar to us it scientificly a very low chance... but wut if the stereotype &#39;alien&#39; was mix n matched with an ape? hmmm u c wut im gettin at

well that n a whole other bunch of shit about how we are the offspring of aliens

and that reminds me of another very very interesting theory about how "god" is real and not....

the story of adam and eve....

adam is lonely and god takes his rib and uses it to make eve...

now kiddies, wut do we call it wen u take a part of a living organism and grow another out of it?

---*stem cell cloning*---

ahh? u c

so that would make god.... an alien?

iono i think thats a crazy kool concept, thnk of it like a civilization more advanced then us now finds a planet with monkeys, so they splice em wit themselves and leave us b... and ufo sightings, people see em but usually the so called &#39;ufos&#39; go undetected by most radar rite... well if we could evolve to our current technology, would this alien race have grown aswell?

iono now i would add crazy conspiracy theorys on how the gov knows this n hides it from the public, ne one hear about the whole scandal with roswell new mexico? or maybe im thnking of area 54 where the president said that the gov had a ufo but then denied it later, and then the gov always slandered and destroyed ne idea of the gov having aliens or ufos?

reminds me of how the vatican lies about god, the gov lies about whuts really out there

dest-ne
08-11-2006, 01:45 AM
if we did evolve from a lower life form
lets say it was a one celled organism (in which is the most common beliefe in athism)did the chemical compounds that form together to create life just randomly stumble onto each other thus creating a system or program that we call the conciousness? and why is the concept of randomness concidered to be "random" and has rarely been thought as an unknowledgable controlled system by God?

the apsence of evidence is not the evidance of apsence

correct me if u care to waste our time

dest-ne
08-11-2006, 01:55 AM
man i dont know ive OD&#39;d over 4 times, been revived twice from medical teams, fallen from a 3 storie ledge while painting it, commited suicide 7 times, been hit by cars, guns put against me head, tryed to be kidnaped an killed and alot more other shit and im still alive but do i belive in religion no.... i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there

christians can be quite disturbing and try to force people into what has become a cult wrather than a religon. for some reason we have chosen scare tactics which is very hypocritical to the origional concept of the religon itself

as for getting them back by making the name "hip" speling it with a G instead of J
is this a battle between urself and your own consepts of life or are you getting back at those darn tootin&#39; christians that made your life a living hell

either way i dont believe it is called for

but who the fuck am i to say such a thing right?

TAGurIT
08-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by GeSuS_KRiST @ Sep 12 2005@ 09:03 PM
"...i belive its a confort word to give yourself in times of need a false sence of hope, do i belive in a higher power.... yes do i know what it is not but theres somthing out there..."

Same For me

elcs
08-11-2006, 01:24 PM
this is by far the most ignorant thread on bs

ECGA
08-11-2006, 05:00 PM
^ This is not ignorant at all.... Do you even know what ignorant means?????
Your Ignorant for not opening yourself up to other people&#39;s view&#39;s, and hearing what they have to say, or what they believe in.

elcs
08-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by ECGA@Aug 11 2006, 04:00 PM
^ This is not ignorant at all.... Do you even know what ignorant means?????
Your Ignorant for not opening yourself up to other people&#39;s view&#39;s, and hearing what they have to say, or what they believe in.
Whos says that I havn&#39;t given others opinions a chance you stupid fuck. These kids arnt exactly being very persuasive in their arguments while using works like: uv, lyke, u, cristin, and saying that the bible is written in "jewish". They are ignorant. Ignorant = mis/uninformed. This thread is the stupidest shit i have seen on bs.

FaultO
08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
i believe in the little sasquatch on every bottle of kokanee. can you find him? worship him.

clockworkfuse
08-11-2006, 10:29 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/TheWoeKitten/JesusBRB.jpg

RFI. SPit
08-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Hahahah&#33;

clockworkfuse
08-11-2006, 10:59 PM
ha yah.. its not event hat funny, but for some reason, i almost pissed myself when i seen it..

Lester Berns
08-12-2006, 01:34 AM
" A fool believes in his heart there is no God"...

Dont ever think you are bigger than you really are....

that_guy
08-12-2006, 02:56 AM
both life and love are delicate, but also very versetile(sp)

MR3___DOP
08-12-2006, 04:12 AM
No one knows until you meet him. If you say there is no good, you can&#39;t prove it, if you say there is a God, you can&#39;t prove it.

I&#39;m playing it on the safe side.

On the bible, Proverbs has mad wisdom, if you are gonna pick up the bible read proverbs because it has wisdom written by King Solomon way back in the day that can still be used today.

morningglory
08-12-2006, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by SpLiTbomber+Aug 10 2006, 11:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpLiTbomber @ Aug 10 2006, 11:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-afek@Aug 10 2006, 04:45 PM
very well put

dude, my fucking religeon teacher fucking yelled at me saying that dinasaurs never existed and they wer lies invented by the devil to lead to the disbelief in god.... so did the devil also invent carbon dating, fossils, and prehistoric bones too?
:P

i saw a show once, i wish i knew wut it was called, it was on like scifi about how we are an example of breeding of homosapians and aliens... lil farfetched rite? nahh it gets betta...

thinnk bout it, for thousands of years we wer basicly monkeys, and then in a couple decades/ hundred years *poof* we are humans... so the idea of the program was wut if aliens had spliced their dna with le munkeys/homosapians w/e we wurr... brief pause

i know uv all heard how the possibilites that other life in the universe would b at all similar to us it scientificly a very low chance... but wut if the stereotype &#39;alien&#39; was mix n matched with an ape? hmmm u c wut im gettin at

well that n a whole other bunch of shit about how we are the offspring of aliens

and that reminds me of another very very interesting theory about how "god" is real and not....

the story of adam and eve....

adam is lonely and god takes his rib and uses it to make eve...

now kiddies, wut do we call it wen u take a part of a living organism and grow another out of it?

---*stem cell cloning*---

ahh? u c

so that would make god.... an alien?

iono i think thats a crazy kool concept, thnk of it like a civilization more advanced then us now finds a planet with monkeys, so they splice em wit themselves and leave us b... and ufo sightings, people see em but usually the so called &#39;ufos&#39; go undetected by most radar rite... well if we could evolve to our current technology, would this alien race have grown aswell?

iono now i would add crazy conspiracy theorys on how the gov knows this n hides it from the public, ne one hear about the whole scandal with roswell new mexico? or maybe im thnking of area 54 where the president said that the gov had a ufo but then denied it later, and then the gov always slandered and destroyed ne idea of the gov having aliens or ufos?

reminds me of how the vatican lies about god, the gov lies about whuts really out there [/b][/quote]
why do humans think so much of themselves? god created dinosaurs before us cuz he fucking wanted to haha why would we have to go first? heck for all we know he created us to get rid of the earth. :lol:

aliens? that just means something not from your territory. so god in any common concept is an alien.

rolling roks
07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Agnostic
thats what the higher power belief is called right?
but anywho
i grew up until about 14ish
as a straight fanatic christian
but then i started to realize things
like how pushy the church was
all i ever from the adults was
believe in jesus and everythign will be okay etc etc etc
and in youth group
all i ever got out of it was a recruitment program to bring in young people to the church
anybody seen DOGMA?
that movie made alot of sense to me
religion wise
as long as you have faith and your message is right
i think thats all that matter
and i also believe what gesus and a few others said
religion is like a sense of false hope
sort of like a therapy type thing
if you can talk to someone about your problems but not pay them a huge expensive fee
then why not if they both make you feel better?

Gesus that first post about all the shit you ve gone through is crazy and deep

its a big confusing world out there
just dont get mixed up in the wrong shit

N.O.T.E
07-02-2007, 01:05 AM
"why should i be sober when god is so clearly dusted out his mind?"
El-p

Lucas
07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
I was raised Catholic but now my beliefs are in Buddhism.

simple zen
10-01-2008, 05:02 PM
i'ma bump this thread for shits and giggles, and i'm dying to hear what most of these people have to say...

i for one, believe that god is not man, nor woman, and that the afterlife is whatever you truly perceive it to be. bare with this comment, but i truly believe that if you think heaven is nothing but smoking opium while watching porn surrounded by kittens, then it's really that. if you believe everything the bible says, it'll happen. ever heard of the "neverending dream?" well dreams are nothing more than glimpses of everyday life and thought, be it dreams that make sense, or dreams that have to do with thoughts that you have thought once throughout the day, then they reappear in that dream. makes sense to me... if you just think all the time about what it'll be like when you die, it'll basically be like your dream never ends. there is no heaven or hell. there's only your mind, your soul, what you've created.

up until thirteen or fourteen i was a "christian", but i too realized that the church cared way too much about money, and that their image of "normal" is really fucked up. if you don't believe in god or accept jesus as your "savior". you're going straight to hell. how forgiving is "god" then?

Scheme*119
10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
meh, fuck it, i dont care about that shit, im just trying to enjoy myself, dont really care what happens after i die, just living in the here and now

dmt153
10-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Organized religion is straight up bullshit...It's merely a tool used to keep the
masses subservient and in fear.It's utilized to extort money and also to validate the killing of human beings for underlyings motives and profit unbeknownst to the masses...
How the fuck can the capacity of the human mind COMPREHEND these supposed "divine gospels/holy doctrines"??? that's too much of a discrepency
through distortion of human err for me to buy into...
I believe alot of humanities' deficiencies lie in it's inability to cope with it's mortality.That's where religion being a mental crutch makes sense.Trying to come to terms with the idea of never existing ever again is a mentally unstable road for anybody,even more so if you truly love your life including everyone and everything in it...
It only makes sense that people will buy into the concepts of organized religion,regardless if that means believing in a 900 hundred year old man that collected millions of species of animals on the planet because god wanted to flood the earth to teach us a lesson....?! The magic elixir only works if you don't ask whats in it...
This denial only induces widespread apathy amongst the masses,of course religous people(most of the population) aren't gonna be in the habit of thinking for them semselves or trying to generate actual sentient consciousness by evaluating themselves from a depersonalized perspective.The whole point in faith is throwing logic out the window...
The end result is a nation of people who are lazy,dumb,desensitized,excessive,possesive and live vice induced lives with no moderation and are attracted to shiny bullshit...Which is exactly how the men behind the curtain want us...
If they had middle class people who wanted to educate themselves and voice their oppresion through the most efficient means,they wouldn't be able to get away with half the shit they do.We wouldn't have this silly 2 party system,we wouldn't be forking over 35% or our annual income for govt. sanctioned pet projects,we wouldn't have a possibility of some stupid fuckin hockey mom a heart attack away from obtaining the position of commander in chief with a necklace of nuclear codes and an evangelical zealousness.Or our rights and privacy taken away under the guise of the "patriot act" and the gradual instillation of the R.F.I.D. chip,or the economical crisis America is about undergo...Fuck it,i'm done...A good sativa always get's me going...

hazetheone
10-02-2008, 06:26 AM
no!

dmt153
10-02-2008, 06:44 AM
im religious (not them crazy christian types) and i dont live in fear... give money to the church... OR believe the killing of human beings is right....

If you don't have a subconscious fear of death or that your perceived idea of an after life for you and your loved ones may not exist...Then your one of few exceptions to my generalization.
You may not pay a monitary sum to church,but not every religous individual has to fit the bill,so as long as the majority of believers who genuinely believe do, there's accuracy in my argument...
And most people,religious or not will tell me they don't advocate killing other human beings,yet a significant number will support our troops in Iraq,because they either believe in "the fight against terrorism" or they have loved ones fighting (like me),in doing so advocate killing,our troops aren't there to hold bake sales...
Either way I kept my rant in context,while generally evaluating religion and the negative impact it has on people as a collective consciousness.Why you chose to use yourself,personally as an example,I don't know,and to what point,is lost on me...
That being said what is your position on organized theism? What do you specifically belieive in?

Kayone707
10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
If you don't have a subconscious fear of death or that your perceived idea of an after life for you and your loved ones may not exist...Then your one of few exceptions to my generalization.
You may not pay a monitary sum to church,but not every religous individual has to fit the bill,so as long as the majority of believers who genuinely believe do, there's accuracy in my argument...
And most people religious or not will tell me they don't advocate killing other human beings,yet a significant number will support out troops in iraq,because they either believe in "the fight against terrorism" or they have loved ones fighting (like me) either way I kept my rant in context,while generally evaluating religion and the negative impact it has on people as a collective consciousness.Why you chose to use yourself,personally as an example,I don't know,and to what point,is lost on me...
That being said what is your position on organized theism? What do you specifically belieive in?

i chose to use myself as an example because when you mention 'organized religion' and talk about it, you're talking about everyone who's in involved with it (its like me talking down on a specific race, and someone of that race making a comment.)
I'd go further into detail but im bored and sleepy.

dmt153
10-02-2008, 07:43 AM
i chose to use myself as an example because when you mention 'organized religion' and talk about it, you're talking about everyone who's in involved with it (its like me talking down on a specific race, and someone of that race making a comment.)
I'd go further into detail but im bored and sleepy.

You seem to really miss the point stipulated in my last response...

Now let me cross examine your example here...Your saying that my observation on certain negative effects organized theism has on people,is the same as me saying a certain ethnicity(in context with your example) has bad odor or are lazy...Not even close...

1.I never pinpointed one religion or even one denomination,so how is that the same as me talking down on a specific race?

2.many religous people do donate/sponsor/contribute to many religous organizations,which is often encouraged. agree or disagree?

3.I specifically worded it so as to not attack any specific religion,so certain people wouldn't get offended,despite that it seems you might have,otherwise,I don't see the point in you looking for discrepencies in my argument...Why go for a cheap reach?
Furthermore,if I were to talk about religion from an individual perspective,I
would say there are noble attributes pertaining to alot of doctrines,
I may not believe in alot of the concepts literally,but i'm all for the morals behind the stories,I have an aunt that's very religious and prays for everybody and does good,so as not to soil her "pearly gate" report card.
And in that respect,it does no harm...Let's see if you twist that into hypocrisy lol
But because she believes in the concept of inherent evil,she believes that
if she falters in her faith she'll open a doorway for satan or whoever to persuade her to do evil.So in order to stay off the path of temptation she lives a very repressed,mundane,clockwork life.To me that's a game of psychological mindfuck! even more so,I feel saddened because I believe we only live once and she's wasting her one life on misinterpretation and blind devotion...
For the record,my aunt is merely an example,of how shit can get twisted,and DOES NOT set the standard for all you holy trinity,speaking in tongues christians on the board...

"A life unexamined,is a life wasted"-Plato