Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Whats everyones take on Solar?

Personally, I think hes tryin to cash in on everything Guru related, Guru owned the Gangstarr label and any merch associated with it, so all profits go to Solar.

Would a man on his death bed be thinking about awards and tributes?

My theory:

When Guru was in some financial troubles Solar stepped in and said I'll help you out a little, you join 7 Grand records. So Solar benifits financially from his cash cow MC. I hate to think it, but Solar and Guru might have been a couple. Either Solar was obsessed with Guru or just wants to seem to be so close that he gets all the monies involved.

READ THE FAREWELL LETTER, GURU IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A WORDSMITH, THOSE WORDS AREN'T ELOQUENT

i highly doubt he wrote the letter. seems odd

and his fam said hes been in a coma since febuary so...
    Parking spaces are just like woman.. The good ones are always taken, so when no one is looking, slip into a disabled one

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

He mett his moment of truth ... now the song has more meaning yo
    Quote Originally Posted by AteskOne View Post
    pulse i must say i like your style.

http://adelaidehiphop.blogspot.com/

Keep up with underground hip hop worldwide. Updates daily

taking a steamy dump on your moms hairy chest
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by KidReny! View Post
    RIP
    why do all the talented rappers gotta die...........

why not lil wayne?
    Furrreal, RIP Guru, its strook me after hearing this that him and primo settled there stuff
    And I was listenin to Full Clip and I thought to myself, someone should really make a full clip for guru, but a sumone actually good..if only Big L could come back and repay the favor

RIP Guru Big L and Gang Starr..would have loved to hear a new updated formula :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    whenever i see smokers' screenname i think of a crayon thats sharpened on both ends
    Quote Originally Posted by zaco View Post
    smoker those last two have got to be the best style ive ever seen. if i was walking through town and saw that on glass window id shit myself and take a pic

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

There are only 2 MC's still rhyming to this day (I believe) who I'd want to see make a Full Clip to Guru, those would be Rakim or Nas.
    About the letter, it's weird yeah, and numerous people claim to think Solar has done some ghostwriting in it.
    "Like Inspectah Deck's verse on 'Triumph', I bomb atomically
    but a lil' difference is the walls is where my bombs will be".

Quote Originally Posted by explosivo_420 View Post
    Whats everyones take on Solar?

Personally, I think hes tryin to cash in on everything Guru related, Guru owned the Gangstarr label and any merch associated with it, so all profits go to Solar.

Would a man on his death bed be thinking about awards and tributes?

My theory:

When Guru was in some financial troubles Solar stepped in and said I'll help you out a little, you join 7 Grand records. So Solar benifits financially from his cash cow MC. I hate to think it, but Solar and Guru might have been a couple. Either Solar was obsessed with Guru or just wants to seem to be so close that he gets all the monies involved.

READ THE FAREWELL LETTER, GURU IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A WORDSMITH, THOSE WORDS AREN'T ELOQUENT
    theres youtube videos of gurus nephew crying about how solar and his wife pretended to be his parents, and wouldnt let the familiy to see him

hes making a movie and a book about his life,
    fuck solar it wont even mention primo
    that letters suspect

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

written by guru in a vail, co shop. rest in peace.

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Bumpin tons of guns rest inpeace

I feel bad about hearing about this 2 days late, I was just listening to Moment of Truth when I clicked this thread. R.I.P Guru and Big L.
    lol, internet
    Quote Originally Posted by SMIL View Post
    i paint ever where my name is nick williams i am elusive mon, you can rip this chedder cheez yo, i paint in edmonton alberta canada n ya mon marc ecko bit my friends shit cause we iz that good mon, ill fuckin wreck you toys, and g , next time i catch you bickerin imma vamp your ass toy,
    -smil
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip McDougall View Post
    It's an obvious troll, guys..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbal View Post
    Dude no way that kid is dead serious
    syne7

taking a steamy dump on your moms hairy chest
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by DicesST92 View Post
    There are only 2 MC's still rhyming to this day (I believe) who I'd want to see make a Full Clip to Guru, those would be Rakim or Nas.
    About the letter, it's weird yeah, and numerous people claim to think Solar has done some ghostwriting in it.
    NAS for sure, idk bout Rakim I heard him a couple off times but he doesn't catch my attention he's good but I just don't think so,(imo) and ya from what I heard I agreee...fuck solar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    whenever i see smokers' screenname i think of a crayon thats sharpened on both ends
    Quote Originally Posted by zaco View Post
    smoker those last two have got to be the best style ive ever seen. if i was walking through town and saw that on glass window id shit myself and take a pic

if anyones gunna do a rip song it shud be primo and group home

Quote Originally Posted by the cannabis evangelist View Post
    if anyones gunna do a rip song it shud be primo and group home
    Yes.

why does this happen to all the good rappers why not to the ones that suck like jay z,Wayne and other fakes.

also the fact that solar is talking about movie deals instead of talking about a rest in peace posse cut should tell u his intention

unless all proceeds go to gurus foundation/son he can eat hiphops dick

atleast if guru was siting here right now he could look back and say he stayed true to the scene and never compramised his belifes for a profit
    Last edited by the cannabis evangelist; 04-23-2010 at 02:08 AM.

Part of the "farewell letter" sounds like some legal contract bullshit... it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't often give a fuck when famous people die, but damn. Rest in peace Guru.

Quote Originally Posted by mear 1 View Post
    why does this happen to all the good rappers why not to the ones that suck like jay z,Wayne and other fakes.
    jay-z wasnt a fake he maybe a little washed out now but his old shit was tough specially tht shit wit big l

Quote Originally Posted by downunder View Post
    Part of the "farewell letter" sounds like some legal contract bullshit... it's pretty ridiculous.

I don't often give a fuck when famous people die, but damn. Rest in peace Guru.
    word i could care about patrick sweyzee or michAL Jackson
    but you know guru would of continued to contribute know matter how much or little his shit would of sold

and jay z is exactly wat im talking about with compramising belifes . if he was on his death bed hed be thinking'' wow i wish i woulda put out more ish like reasonble doubt instead of umberella''

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Yeah Guru was Representing that Raw Hip Hop shit he remembered that rap is some thing you do. Hip Hop is a life style. Ya gotta clear ya mind outta that violence shit and get more into becoming heads on the rise. Unity
    Quote Originally Posted by AteskOne View Post
    pulse i must say i like your style.

http://adelaidehiphop.blogspot.com/

Keep up with underground hip hop worldwide. Updates daily

TO me its just bitching, i think what mathers is that we lost a big General in the game, and us next generation, should keep up with those type of dudes. If you get what i mean, its our time, fuck the past, we the future

Fuck solar that snake bitch, he admitted he wrot parts of gurus fairwell letter
    flickr.com/photos/soap905