Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Parkour Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -=J=-, Nov 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. -=J=-

-=J=- Elite Member

Ok so whats parkour?

Parkour (or 'le parkour'; 'freerunning'; 'pk' or 'pking') is the sport of fluid urban movement. Invented in 1988 in the Lisses suburb of Paris by a small crew of traceurs including the ledgendary David Belle and Sebastien Foucan who recently featured in the BBC documentary 'Jump London', the sport (or art) of pk is essentially a conbination of running, athletics and acrobatics in urban environments.

It includes such techniques as the tic-tac (wall step/run); kong (a form of vault); and precision (two-foot to two-foot jump) among myriad others. Most watching traceurs pk would describe their movements as series of of actobatic techniques fluidly integrated into a continuous run from A to B, past, over under and through any obstacles in their path. However, that would be during a run (most of which are filmed, as with skaters). Most often, if you saw traceurs practicing they'd be honing individual components of their technique.

Certain individuals have chosen to explore alternative forms of parkour, such as running through traffic or passing through crowds quicky, while others, such as Team Ryouko or Xyndicate have attempted to blend pk's unique ideals with other forms of martial and athletic arts.

What are everone else's views on it?

Also post your vids and pics!

2. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

can you teach me to parkour over the internet

please please please please

3. ACTION NEWS...

ACTION NEWS... Elite Member

Hahah Havoc.

I dig it. I'm attempting to learn parts of it for easy escapes from cops.

4. -=J=-

-=J=- Elite Member

lol ... erm u need to learn the tech's. First check this link its probably the best fundermentals page there is

The Parkour Fundamentals

5. ACTION NEWS...

You get what i meant. I got lazy vaults and stoic lands down. I'm trying to get rolls and cat leaps.

6. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

ahahahaahhahahaha omfg i didnt even know what "parkour" was until i jus saw that horible video. lol, you kids have got to be the dumbest group of little faggots i've ever seen, it was like jackass for pussies. anybody can jump over picnic tables and handrails (you obviously have to much time on your hands)...your just complete morons your video sucks, that song sucks, and you all just suck at life

7. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

.......wtf? rolls and catleaps??? please all our you parkourest get a life

8. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

9. ACTION NEWS...

Dude. Shut the fuck up. No one cares what you think. You are the one that tried to start the "Starman" crew, so shut up. Go back to selling yourself so mommy can get enough money to get her fix.

10. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

k dumbass, ill do that and leave you and your fairy flying boyfriend to do your thing (so you can get your own fix of semen)

11. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

beos loves the parkour

12. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

someone parkour all over his face

13. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

>peace, im bout to go jump through a hoola-hoop

14. stigma 2k6

stigma 2k6 Senior Member

fuck parkour? wtf is parkour? im gona slash u with a dirty needle or watch u get it by a pack of wild boars :lol:

15. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

...um are you talking to me dumbshit?

16. stigma 2k6

stigma 2k6 Senior Member

my veiw on this is me beheind u with a needle filled with bleach :lol:

17. stigma 2k6

stigma 2k6 Senior Member

we hate it cuz its french

18. AMAZ tbscrew

AMAZ tbscrew Elite Member

go put stars next 2 ur gay bombs...and think u can make other people do it 2 join ur world wide crew...dumbass..no one wants u here...go work on the star shit...

19. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

k actually i will cause unlike you fagot "member" ass whos probley never logged out of this forum in his life, my bombs are sick...even with the stars probley way sicker than any shit you've ever done (try waiting a few minutes before you reply)

20. STARMAN

STARMAN Senior Member

..with me?