Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits

View Poll Results: How did you get into graf?

Voters
939. You may not vote on this poll
  • Siblings

52 5.54%
  • Friends

359 38.23%
  • Internet

63 6.71%
  • Other

465 49.52%
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 112126272829303132 LastLast
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

mummy
    Name:  mom-graffiti1.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  173.3 KB

From the book Graffiti Underworld: Villains, Vandals, and Visionaries

Cornbread: "I got into graffiti when I was incarcerated at a Juvenile detention facility. I insisted that the head cook Mr. Swanson put cornbread on the kitchen menu. They served us white bread everyday"

Hael TKO: "There were a lot of gang blocks on the walls of the East LA neighborhood I grew up in. That influenced me. That was the first graffiti I ever saw. It wasn't until high school that I noticed the different styles of writing. Hazard, State St., 18th St. The drifters, those were the gangs that were around at that time when I was growing up."

Ghouls: "I was real young when I started writing on things. At first I did “civilian“ graffiti. I wrote band names or girls names with crayons or markers, whatever I could get my hands on. In junior high I was into skateboarding and punk rock and generally running a muck. Tagging seemed a natural expression of those interests. I was in high school when I saw the book Spraycan Art, and started seeking out graffiti in my home town. I started spray painting in 1992."

More stories, flicks, and audio from inteviews at Http:www.GRAFFITIUNDERWORLD.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0MtQSQUAo

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I got into graff my freshman yr wen i saw my dude sketchin sum shit up in his black book ever since then i went with it n havent looked back

my brother.. i was only 10 he got caught many many many times and he stopped when i got to high school i started to graff again

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

When i was around like 6 i went with my parents to Washington for for bs i cant remember but i kept seeing graffiti around and starred at everyone in amazement good time Since then its the type of art that interested me the most. But have actually tried drawing it like 2 to 4 years back... now im here.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i saw it around and i was always interested in it. then i saw style wars, and definitely got more into it. i was like 12 when i first started but didnt really get serious until later on. then i met other writers and was totally down. it's more of a lifestyle now than anything

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

My cousin was bored one day so he used the 'Graffiti Creator' online. He told me about over email or the phone or something. I messed around on it for a while, then joined the forum. After that, it was on!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

hahaha r u my couzin ^^

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

This one guy came to my school, and he was like insane. So from there i knew that i wanted to learn to graff. ive been teaching myself ever since.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Just saw it around on the street and as the lil boy i was i found it dope, so i wanted to do it also.

Saw a documentary or some shit, was called Kings and Toys or somethin like that. really inspired me and i got into it afterwards

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I've always been interested in graffiti since I can remember. I remember driving down the highway in PHX AZ, my head would be swiveling look at all the art. Too bad a lot of it is clean now, car rides are a lot more boring when I go back to AZ.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

i saw a music video that had graffiti in it. it was just a couple throws that are only seen for a few seconds, but they just looked so damn cool. i went and got a black and red sharpie, and wrote 'one blood' with drips while taking a shit in bubble letters.

lmfao thats gotta be the most boring post in this thread haha
    I sever heads, just to sharpen my skills

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

A friend of mine asks me if I tag and I said yeah. I tried to show him a shitty alphabet but he he was like" That sucks man, lemme teach you how to really tag." And that's how I got started.
    Writers in the 760 pm me.
    (S)ick
    (S)treet
    (K)ings

drugs

toopski

the guy who made this account got me into this 6 years back

I got into graff from my love for hiphop and I was already into illegal shit and my hate for a lot of shit also my love for myself

i came out the woon with a pen and a black book and a art to rack

seeing it up in cities and reading "the yard" section of 12 oz.

Riot!