Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Or Artist?

Do ya think it's what the artist looks like, (physically) or his artwork? respect either way? Its kinda one sided for me, but post what you think.
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
    <span style=\'color:green\'>Lucky Buddha</span>

Why would it matter what the artist looks like?
    You tell me that nothing matters.
    You&#39;re just fuckin&#39; scared&#33;
    You tell me that I&#39;m better.
    You just hate yourself&#33;
    You tell me that you like her.
    You just wish you did&#33;
    You tell me that I make no difference.
    At least I&#39;m fuckin&#39; trying&#33;

What the fuck&#39;ve you done?&#33;
    - &quot;In My Eyes&quot; Minor Threat

in my town there is one artist that kills and is fucking amazing i found out recently who he was and i kinda lost respect for him cause he looks like a pussy but u gotta love the pieces he does

(THE ABOVE POST SHOULD BE TOTTALY DISREGARDED
    ANYTHING SAID IS 100% FICTIONAL
    I DO NOT DO NOR CONDONE VANDALISM OR ANY OTHER ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES)

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

van gough had 1 fucking ear. did ne1 dis his art??? NO&#33;&#33;&#33;
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>i do all my pieces with ketchup and mustard..</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>k i just took a huge crap and really defaced my toilet seat, i juss started writing and i just wanted to know how do i actually wipe my ass? does montana make toilet paper spray? and should i clean my ass wif rusto or krylon? i searched and cuddnt find a thread on dis i realllllyyy neeeeeed to kno thx uj very much kk </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>does it have to be 4 letters? y does everyone want 4 letters? </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>how about when you tell you girlfriend that you can get it up cause you ran outa paint and walmart is closed</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>
    anyone who says tagging aint for white ppl should choke on a dick
    +1&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Why would it matter what the artist looks like?
    agreed

he lost an ear and then ppl threw him in an asylum.
    it took a lot of time for ppl to see he had mad skills.

know what youre talkin about before you talk
    i voted life cus if you look close hies is actully really good...
    -cess

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

lol

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

he was thrown in an asylum because he was fuking insane. that duznt mean his shit waznt fucked up while he was a great artist dick licker.
    </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>i do all my pieces with ketchup and mustard..</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>k i just took a huge crap and really defaced my toilet seat, i juss started writing and i just wanted to know how do i actually wipe my ass? does montana make toilet paper spray? and should i clean my ass wif rusto or krylon? i searched and cuddnt find a thread on dis i realllllyyy neeeeeed to kno thx uj very much kk </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>does it have to be 4 letters? y does everyone want 4 letters? </td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'> </div><table border=\'0\' align=\'center\' width=\'95%\' cellpadding=\'3\' cellspacing=\'1\'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id=\'QUOTE\'>how about when you tell you girlfriend that you can get it up cause you ran outa paint and walmart is closed</td></tr></table><div class=\'signature\'>
    anyone who says tagging aint for white ppl should choke on a dick
    +1&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Ugh, close
    You tell me that nothing matters.
    You&#39;re just fuckin&#39; scared&#33;
    You tell me that I&#39;m better.
    You just hate yourself&#33;
    You tell me that you like her.
    You just wish you did&#33;
    You tell me that I make no difference.
    At least I&#39;m fuckin&#39; trying&#33;

What the fuck&#39;ve you done?&#33;
    - &quot;In My Eyes&quot; Minor Threat

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

you don&#39;t see the artist you see the art.
    so it don&#39;t matter.
    Saer One GRC
    www.nicekidnice.com

Banned
    Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

yeah an artist&#39;s appearance is completely unrelated to the quality of work they produce, which is all that they should be judged by (atleast by us)

Originally posted by koper@Nov 30 2005, 09:53 PM
    yeah an artist&#39;s appearance is completely unrelated to the quality of work they produce, which is all that they should be judged by (atleast by us)
    true words man
    &quot;Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.&quot;
    <span style=\'color:green\'>Lucky Buddha</span>

Yeah but sometimes once you see the artist it&#39;s kind of weird because you pictured him or her different. Like it shouldnt change what you think of their shit but its just awkward once you see what they really look like.

whats it matter what they look like,what are you people,gay or some shit?

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I can&#39;t believe someone is going to try and use Van Gogh as a reference.
    hahaha

He only ever sold one painting when he was alive.
    Every gallery thought he sucked, his brother was the only one to hand up any of his artwork in a gallery.

van gogh rools

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

art is the only place i can go without discrimination or bounds on who you are or what you do.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

more importantly, what the fuck are you talking about?

Artist more then Art.

YA I SAID IT&#33;&#33;&#33; lol.
    And I&#39;m not talking about physical appearances lol. MENTAL.

I have met writers I looked up to and seen that they where total assholes. its a big deception. and i have never thought of them the same after that.

You are your art.
    <span style=\'color:#FF69B4\'>[perl, my lil pet in training ^w^]</span>

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Alot of good points... An artist should only be judged by his work, but if hes an ass, then the quality of his work goes down for me.... I dunno why. And sometimes when Im stoned or on shrooms some work just seems like it didnt take alot of effort or its simpler than I thought and then I lose respect for it too. Thats one of the things I like about drugs, it makes you look at stuff from a new angle. Atleast for me anyway.
    Keep Some Fucking Honor, Never Snitch.