Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 323 of 477 FirstFirst ... 223273303313318319320321322323324325326327328333343373423 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 9524

Thread: Long island

fated for doom
    king geedorah and the monster island czars

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by unknown user View Post
    hahhahahahahaahahaha but i think hes being serious...wat happened to gettin up, wat happened to fillins on drop downs, outlines on highways that last 2 days but u do it anyway, what happened to settlin your shit wit other writers, wat happened to long island...your all doing something that means absolutely nothing because graf is only temporary just like your life. i'm glad i do to many drugs to realize how fucked the future is...fuck your sharpies, fuck your battles, fuck your lousy graff stories, fuck your alter ego but most importantly fuck your brains that tricked you into thinking that somebody actually cares outside this mysterious world we call the internet

Graffiti on long Island has been dead for well over a decade now and its NEVER coming back, get over it. Theres no harm in draw offs. Should young writers be battling out on the parkways? that'd be nice.. but that culture is long gone from LI its practically dead in NYC even.

Those of us who are old enough to remember passing through the neighborhoods and parkways in NYC and LI in the early to mid 90's know how bad todays situation is, graffiti is extinct today by comparison. Long Island is waaaay too affluent to have any sort of graff scene worth documenting anyway, the buff is too strong, the standard of living is too high.

Nassau and Suffolk counties are 2 of the safest and wealthiest in the entire nation. Theres more millionaires per square mile living in Nassau county than anywhere else in the United States (look these facts up.) Theres no way the powers that be would allow a graffiti scene to exist and their money is long enough to make sure of that.

So if most of the LI kids are too scared to go out and bomb and they'd rather do some draw offs on the web, I don't blame them. Shit, just take a look around most of the towns
    here, it doesn't feel like graffiti even belongs, its so clean and pristine looking.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown user View Post
    shits always gonna get buffed, now adays they do it a lot faster. kids like you are the reason graff is dead. real kids are still out bombing instead of saying it looks to "prestine" here
    haHAha^^, put up or shut up; go big or go home.

blah blah blah. its not dead there's a lot of heads doing work. it never died and will never die it just evolves into something else. the parkways/highways have graff on them people are still hitting streets. just not as many as there used to be. a lot has changed over the last 10 yrs. just because you don't have it in you do play the game doesn't mean its over. you can not tell whats going on by whats getting posted on this site.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Unknown User bombs hard....

u makeout LI to be like beverly hills or westchester..i understand some parts are really nice and graff has no business being there but there are other parts where lots of dope writers have come from..South nassau especially.

sucka is right...this website is no indication of what is going on in the streets...

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I'm from south nassau, been here almost 20 years now. There aint shit going on.. sorry. I know what it used to be and I see what it is now: NOTHING. I don't even understand how a kid growing up on LI even gets into graffiti in the first place nowadays, theres hardly any to be seen. When I was growing up in my town in South Nassau there was graff everywhere thats how I got into it, names like MadMax DK, Cost KRT, Pork HTE, Semer, What and a bunch of local dudes who only hit my area i think like Pakaso, Pashen, Sirkus and others. I can drive through town after town in nassau now and see almost nothing at all, 1 or 2 tags every 5 miles on the Meadowbrook does not a graff scene make and forget about the streets. Can one of you please tell me which towns in Nassau you think are live because I honestly can't tell and fuck the shit along the train tracks.. I'm falling asleep just thinking about those spots.

And yes LI is one of the most affluent areas in the United States, the crime rate is less than half the national average, the taxes more than double and the average home costs close to triple the national average. When bombing the majority of places here, it's like vandalizing Mayberry. Long Island is the suburban dream, a safe haven. Maybe too many of you haven't been around enough to realize this. Even the so-called hoods here are like disneyland compared to a real ghetto, people who live in those places would kill to be able to afford to live in one of LI's pretend ghettos. If you're not able to
    travel and see whats really going on in America please at least look up some facts on the internet before talking. Things like census information, FBI crime statistics stuff like that.

That being said, once upon a time, many years ago there was a graffiti scene on LI and it was pretty decent. It would be great to see that happen again but things change, you can't reverse time.

Name:  turnz beatle.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  177.3 KBName:  turnz3.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  185.7 KBName:  turnz.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  92.1 KBName:  turnz2.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  121.0 KB

I never post anything in here..Ironicly the word "TURN "came up this week and I just painted the beatle piece at DJ Turnz new studio the other day and the mummy one is from the last studio he had, done a year or so ago.. Shitty Iphone photos
    creepin while your sleeping

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Guess what i am from south nassau too lived there for 24 years..and i remember a different time as well..it has gotten less active and worse i agree..but GK is out there making shit interesting...you sound like you hate LI why don't you move somewhere else...I love LI..i hate the toys but i love where i am from...LI has changed since i was kid for the better and for the worse when it comes to graff...Hempstead is like mayberry? Freeport? Shit even Baldwin is getting bad...Valley Stream is basically rosedale now lol... Also i pretty much am sure what LIRR line is yours that you would ride into the city and noone bothers hitting that anymore so your view might be skewed...pretty sure you answered your own question about why there is no street bombing in LI.....by the way i live in Miami now and i have seen some rough hoods...and i would put Terrace ave in Hempstead right nxt to them....

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

^ nice dude, the mummy character and the vulture one are sick

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

Quote Originally Posted by CFACE NHS View Post
    Guess what i am from south nassau too lived there for 24 years..and i remember a different time as well..it has gotten less active and worse i agree..but GK is out there making shit interesting...you sound like you hate LI why don't you move somewhere else...I love LI..i hate the toys but i love where i am from...LI has changed since i was kid for the better and for the worse when it comes to graff...Hempstead is like mayberry? Freeport? Shit even Baldwin is getting bad...Valley Stream is basically rosedale now lol... Also i pretty much am sure what LIRR line is yours that you would ride into the city and noone bothers hitting that anymore so your view might be skewed...pretty sure you answered your own question about why there is no street bombing in LI.....by the way i live in Miami now and i have seen some rough hoods...and i would put Terrace ave in Hempstead right nxt to them....

I have no problem with LI, I hopefully will be able to relocate soon though.. I'm bored. I'm just referring to the graff scene.. it truly sucks. I'm in Freeport all the time, I have family
    there, no graff scene. I never said the entire island was like Mayberry but I would say close to 90% is, I've been all over. Hempstead is definitely hood in parts, Terrace has been cleaned up
    significantly and thats an extremely small area, that little avenue does not represent LI.

You really can't deny how safe and clean long Island is compared to much of the country, thats a good thing BTW. The affluence and exceptionally high standard of living here though does affect the graff scene which is a bad thing in my opinion.

I am curious in which ways you think the graff scene has changed for the better?
    Last edited by Dizzy Off Paint Fumes; 08-08-2011 at 04:34 PM.

stfu just go paint or sketch. people who complain and live in the past are always the most miserable.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I think you're living in the past with that Wu-Tang symbol.

wu just released a fire album like a week ago, and wu tang is forever; you are wrong

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

I only listen to 80-90's hip hop, i'm with you.

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

some of us choose to exist on our own world.

I started painting from riding the train to queens everyday and whe I found out *****s from da port where writing that just made me paint more and computer against them(I beefed with a few I've been called a toy by some but now they ask me for help to paint)now I just wanna compete agains older writers to get better but all u elders do is just talk about how bad this island is but did you 4get when u started writing you was once a toy in the 80's or 90's when ever you started so I have hope for all these toys painting now adays(if any of the elders wanna compete with me let get paint go to a spot and paint cuz I would love that) it's your art that I like not you

none of you mother fuckizzzzz is walking around terrace or park$ide or them back blocks off clinton.. the Velt.. uniondale... Port Knox.. parts of Baldwin..! doesn't matter where you live or where ya from,, if your grimy your grimy...!! theres herbs and pussies in any hood.. south hempstead is all white, in the 90's you couldn't be from out of town and come strolling through there.!! dudes was fucking you up..!! Fort rock got there hot spot as well...! Inwood is grimy..! Crimedanch will get you.! copaigue will getcha.! bayshore will getcha...! nobody wants to bomb syosset..or old west bury..! theres little pockets everywhere you go..!! you live in the port but you aint on them streets, *****s will get you...! ms13 aint nothing to fuck with... graff on li aint for the streets...we rock the lirr..millions of eyeballs see our shit..! you might not see it cause your sleeping.!! go the fuck to sleep then..! nassau writers have and always will take to the boros..!! FOE-all city..! CEES-all city...! SEMER-HTE always went hard.!! GK getting it in...LAE-all CITY..! ave-swk, all over the trucks..! those trucks go all-city..!! Such-always doing his thing..!! what graff scene art you part of..? phat phaces have always been everywhere.. if all these new jacks would just go out there and paint then there would be a scene... the internet ruined graff..!! to many dudes talk shit...complain...! wine...! just get up off your mothers couch and paint..! dudes is scared...! put some wheels on ya boogie board and cruise down sunrise and catch a tag...!
    the internet is just another outlet for Fuckin Xposure...!if they had it in the 80's and early 90's then it would be full of trains..! Strong Island All DAy...! SIAD..!

Credits
    Earn / Redeem Credits

wooooooo! word the fuck... that was refreshing.!!!!!

so funny how ppl come on here whining and complaining about how too many people whine and complain....take your own advice...get offf the internet....shit will get you knocked anyway...i get high and come on here to laugh at you idiots...and im gonna type the "post" button and then grab some paint...do shit that 90% of u dont do and arent doing...computers hurt my eyes anyway....shout out to CHUCK and the whole Grime Krew...stay up kidsssss

^^^^^^^.^^^^^^.rent a name and still be a nobody...^^^