Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Phat2 vs Phillip McDougal : "AMBER"

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Msfyt, Jul 12, 2010.

Share This Page

?

Poll closed Jul 15, 2010.
  1. Phat2

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. P McD

45 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

2. stylz 27

stylz 27 Member

3. 4HER

4HER Member

BBBUUURRRRNNNNN.
    sick fill, McD.

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I keep complicating shit >_<

5. IllLogic

IllLogic Senior Member

lol

6. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

lol

7. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

8. B.S. P0LICE

B.S. P0LICE Senior Member

9. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

11. del4sel

del4sel Senior Member

looks like you took 300+ hours on that shit

12. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

del4sel I see a whole lotta talking and no writin' buddy.
    I admit I overdid it, plus my material's kinda cheap (paper bleeds through and bad markers... you do the math)
    the problem is that I overdid it when I should'nt have
    and nah, imma keep on battling, it's great practice and hell, everytime you lose, you learn something new from ur mistakes... I've got nothing to lose nowatimean ?

13. B.S. P0LICE

B.S. P0LICE Senior Member

battles are a great way to keep pushing yourself and get your skill up keep going man everybody looses sometimes

14. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I know dude, exactly, you gotta learn to lose to win later. although I thought I lost enough. heh apparently not. cheers to phil though... t 'was cool
    congrats :)

15. Nescer1

Nescer1 New Member

phatz sketch just looks...sloppy

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

stylz nah, m no hater... u got the wrong guy
    and biting is progression? not really
    biting if anything is only ok for your first 2-3 pieces just to learn how to put your letters together and how to build structure, and even then I wouldn't call it biting. it's more of a... um analytical copying if u know what I mean, just to analyse how lettering is done by others so that you can start making your own shit.
    this is my opinion...

and since this thread is in the main battle section of the forum, it would be better if we take this whole shebang over to the beef battle in the toy section, eh?

17. 4HER

4HER Member

Yo your sketch is whack but you got exactly the right attitude to progress. Good on you. I suggest keeping it black and white for a while (nothin wrong with just usin a biro), get the letters going nicely, then start working on simple fills..

18. tickz

tickz Senior Member

****Bangs head upon table-twice!!****
    it was me with the progression shout!! before I get misquoted here, let me explain myself!!
    I was referring to the "toy" stage or beginner years. when I started (and this was a looooong time ago) I just straight copied pieces out of subway art, understanding the basics of letter structure,flow,cohesion,symmetry and just plain "dopeness" is all important how ever you begin to understand the culture is fine, as long as you are aware that down the line your original bites become influence and from that grows style.
    In my eyes, bites are fine as long as the person doin it understands whats happening (as you do stylz) (and readily admit it!)
    I was flattered that someone was biting me. ive only recently got back into it and I could do with all the confidence I can get, and stylz if there are any pointers I can offer you,just ask

I basically agree with Phat2's comment above and am sorry for the hijack of your thread-this should be discussed elsewhere really!

peace and paint!!

19. EsKoNeR!!

EsKoNeR!! Elite Member

im deleteing all of this nonsense biting bullshit talk tomorrow. phillip won. end of story. if there was biting involved take it up through pms. its all usless bullshit talk in this. its suppose to be comments regarding the battle piece. and all im seeing is the same bullshit reply over and over again.
    good job phillip. phat2, like you said in your first post, you complicated things. end of story.

20. PREA672

PREA672 Elite Member

phat2's brain got smashed out on the pavement on this one