Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Phat2 VS NouveauP Deism tripple entry battle

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by EsKoNeR!!, Aug 20, 2010.

Share This Page

?

Whos the Illest

1. Phat 2

19 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. NouveauP

75 vote(s)
    79.8%
  1. EsKoNeR!!

EsKoNeR!! Elite Member

2. EsKoNeR!!

EsKoNeR!! Elite Member

SOrry Phat. I just had to go with Nouv...
    But on the straight letters, that s and e sure look familiar. ;)

3. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

nouv that piece has a killer scheme... the throw is more of a simp though u gotta admit... nouv for the mawfuckin win!

4. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

u should poll each battle alone dude... not all together. can we redo this please? now that the thread's still fresh and everyone haven't been on it yet =\

5. GRAW

GRAW Member

voted nouveau just because of the piece

6. DeTwizzle

DeTwizzle Senior Member

Phat, I dig that hand style but went with Neuvo b/c of his str8 line throw. You both need work on your pieces though.

7. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

Thanks for the love guys!
    Yeah, I'm not the best piecer. I tried to have fun with this one though.

And as for my throw, yeah I realize it's more of a straight letter, but my throws just kind of look like that. I don't sketch out the bars or anything, so I still consider it a throw. And I'm not sure if Esk means my throw or not when he says the E and S look familiar, but I dunno who he means. I've rocked that E for a while now, the S is a little different from my normal style, but I thought it flowed better in the name. But if it looks like a bite, completely unintentional.

Good entries, Phat. This one was really fun.

8. VOODOOxDOLL

VOODOOxDOLL Member

9. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah it was real fun. I don't wanna come off as a hater man, and even though it's a friendly battle and I'm not counting the votes but I have to get this off my chest

I wish you did something more style worthy in your piece nouveau. I mean technically that's not even graff. where's the style where's the flow. where's the playing around and bending with the letters. that's just a word in western script u got up there
    and your characters are all up in the way of your piece like the M for example.

I REALLY wish you had put some effort into your piece. it seems to me like u barely even gave it a thought and just made a 5min sketch to get it over with =\

i guess what I'm trying to say is that you didn't put any effort into it, you didn't come up with anything original, it's nothing anyone haven't seen before. and the element of "you" doesn't exist in it if you know what I mean. I can't see YOUR style in there. this is a piece any other writer can do.

and your throw up is a straight letters piece.
    so I don't know bro

sorry if my post seems hateful, just speaking my mind

10. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Phat: u'v probly answered this before, but do u do ur throws n handstyles on a table? Or an assatate or something? Looks good like,

11. VOODOOxDOLL

VOODOOxDOLL Member

phat, that is most defiantly graffiti. most original form. graffiti is not always who can do the craziest piece, its about flow. nouv completely captured that.

12. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

13. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

The piece was more about cleanliness, execution, and theme. I think the character was more important than the M in the piece, so he stayed there. As far as it not "being graff," that's just ridiculous. Letters are letters. And although those letters are based off of common fonts, I did modify them. And I can cite numerous examples of this. Ichabod comes to mind. Simple block letters with a skull character (sometimes).

As for my throw. It's a throw. Two colors. Drop shadow. No sketching, no shape building, no rulers. Block styles aren't uncommon.

But on any note. If you'd like a rematch, just pick the word. I'll "follow the rules" this time.

14. RENOT*OTSIM

RENOT*OTSIM New Member

yo, nouv merked this!

15. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah it's about flow... now please do point me to see the flow in the piece? they're straight block letters. flow is in all the ankle battle entries... look there for flow, not here
    and nouveau and I made this battle for the point of practice, he said he's not the best piecer and he's looking to practice. Doing block letters / roller style isn't gonna help. that was the whole point... to practice flow. it wasn't about cleanliness or theme.
    lettering is key

dangeri, I use them whiteboard markers on my closet (because I don't have a whiteboard), u can use them on any sleek surface and just wipe it off with a tissue... better than wasting lotsa paper on try ins and outs

P, let's do another piece battle only black n white. we'll put it in the toy beef battle thread (even though it's not beef, but it's the only place it could fit) and let's see some killer lettering this time bro. due by tomorrow, we just post our flicks when we're done

pick a word

16. the fat kid

the fat kid Member

phat youre not quite on his level, everything ive seen both of you do his is just better imo.

nouv, the ontly thing i didnt like about your peice is the characters are too much of it, i think they should compliment it but not take it over.

17. VOODOOxDOLL

VOODOOxDOLL Member

where is the flow? dont get it confused dude, i like your work it shows alot of potential. with that said, everyone of nouv's pieces simple as they may be, all proportionately flow. the funny thing is not everyone can pull off straight letters.. i was just statin my opinion, take it how you want.

18. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

the fat kid if we weren't close in levels we wouldn't be having this thing.
    and voodoo it seems that we have different concepts of flow. I personally can't see any serious flow when you're talking about block letters like the case here. I mean, get my drift dude... they're block letters, where does flow come in with stright BLOCK letters? they're only squares and edges, no curves.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  19. VOODOOxDOLL

VOODOOxDOLL Member

those block letters do have style, yes they look like basic western script fonts. in my opinion i would rather put an entire spot on smash with a HUGE simple, over a large technical piece, but thats me an my opinion. everyone has there own style an i just put my opinion out there on the fact to open your eyes to the art form. which it aint easy, i could bust some wicked pieces, but i couldnt do simples for shit. in the real world simples are where the money is at, look at EVERY company LOGO. look what kind of "ups" that is. but again these are my thoughts.

20. the fat kid

the fat kid Member

i picked my words appropriately, i said "youre not quite on his level" meaning, close but not as good as far as im concerned, if you were to say im not quite finished moving, it doesnt mean you have a warehouse of shit left, you may just have a couple things to move.

thats all... you sound bitter about all this, so in your head i think you think youre fairly superior to him, however if you look at the battles youve been in with him you get less than half the votes he does most of the time.

the moral to this story is that there is always someone better, if there werent what would we have to aspire to be, thered be nothing.. so, just keep doing what you do and get better, maybe one day youll be good enough to win these and can move up in the proverbial ranks.