Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

W_G_O_N_E vs Phat 2 - "HERSTE"

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Msfyt, Sep 27, 2010.

Share This Page

?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2010.
  1. wgone

47.4%
  2. phat2

52.6%
  1. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

2. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

dope fuckin battle. shit was nice from both of yall. ill ass simps, it was hard to choose but somethin made me choose phats. props to both of u for sure though

3. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

phat gmv,they were both CLEAN I just dont like the arrows in wg's peice and i dont like the white part on phat's letters,except on the t that shit looks cool

4. Jet

Jet Elite Member

are you guys high? that second sketch isn't even graffiti

5. Sone3

Sone3 Member

I disagree with you, stating that any art with letters, no matter how simple, is considered graffiti/typography/graphic design.

6. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

please define graffiti for me

its on paper of course its not graffiti

7. Sone3

Sone3 Member

So what's it called then? BLACKBOOK ART?

8. NosE2

NosE2 Elite Member

all yall shut up...theyre both dope...i feel like phat put a shitload more effort into his...hence my vote. but forreal that peeling shit on wgones is fuckin dope..never seen anything like that. props to both of you..

9. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

^thought this shit was about letters man , cuase if your goin by effert i been down on every piece battle for about a year now if that counts. hey phat i am just curious , did you draw a whole new piece after u asked about the backgrounds and characters , cause those letters by themselves , no background woulda looked kinda wierd.....u gonna give me a vote or what , i need all i can get brother.good luck next round

10. Fury

Fury Elite Member

wgone gmv, but only after I stared at both for like five minutes trying to figure out which one I liked more.

Probably the closest battle I've ever seen, sick shit

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

honestly I didn't add anything to the piece after we talked about the background. i got way too lazy to add a background. and just decided to keep it the way it is.

and yeah dude I don't think so, there's absolutely no hate here. but I reckon I've worked fuckin hard lately and I too need all can get lol. so I'd say "may the best man win" if I were u.
    however, I always liked and admired your work. and you're always one head that keeps popping out as a winner among most of the toy battles, which is the main reason I wanted to go against you... makes me feel like I'm testing myself against a tough boss at the end a video game on hard mode lol if that makes sense :p
    your background is ill. the cracks in your lettes are ill. the 3d coloring is ill.
    the only things that imo couldve made your piece flawless are these:
    the T not linking with the E at the bottom
    the top of the E's be straight and not have the left bar sticking out of the top
    and not having an R at the end since u said the word is herste :p

great round, and great entry bro. the voting isn't done yet, so all the best of luck.
    respekt

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  12. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

well u better vote yourself then , gotta vote on your own battle kid.

13. smartjuice87

smartjuice87 Member

phat 2....though it reminds me of a font type, i think he edged out wgone by a lil bit...nice battle

14. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

didn't think u really would...........lmfao

15. Dirty Doug

Dirty Doug Member

wgone gmv, but not by alot both are ill

16. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

Phat- really dug the fill but the letters didn't do it for me, but the whole swore, bandages, and whatnot were really badass.
    And as for you WG, I love the peel off effects and the background were badass, the colors didn't really catch my eye but the fill doesn't really matter that's just on the side so you get meh vote I really like the flow of the simple letters

17. KESKone

KESKone Senior Member

Alright so here it goes.
    IM NOT VOTING !!
    both are so fucking ill i cant make a choice new battle maybe? :D id love to see a rematch go down since we know what yall can throw out there im still putting money on the fact i think you guys could drop even sicker pieces!

haha but if i had to choose i loved the cracks and peels in WG's work and the 3d was sicker than all hell.
    but the Samurai look from Phats piece touched kinda close to heart back when i lived out in hawaii his fill was sick had a fiery type of feel to it. its so hard but id go wit the tokyo flow of Phats piece such a sick battle id really pay like 5 bucks to see them do another battle new word diff style full page piece/mural status maybe even a prody wit like 3 diffrent words haha like phat did wit Nouv [even though that wasnt phats best battle]
    Respect to both yall.
    -KAER one.

18. wider

wider Senior Member

it's been a while i've been a fan of wgone's work. always good letter structure and this sketch is particularly on point.

19. BLES1

BLES1 Member

Seriously nice battle , gotta give it to P tho...respect for the creativity dudes

20. BLES1

BLES1 Member

Gotta give it to Phat