Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Jet vs PlanetVegeta - "DENY"

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by BORG, Oct 10, 2010.

Share This Page

?

1. Jet

49.3%
  2. PlanetVegeta

31.5%
  3. Null

19.2%
  1. BORG

BORG Moderator

2. PlanetVegeta

PlanetVegeta Senior Member

i didnt know jet had it in him. very impressed but still want some style out of his letters. you can throw some lipstick on a pig but that bitch is still a pig. i knew he was gonna come with it but i didnt think he'd land it. good job. your "monster inside" still eats doodoo.

3. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

Jet put a lot of time and effort into it. The fill colors are cool but the style is too basic.
    Planet's didn't do as good as he could; due to he did it pretty fast. I like the colors and I'm a wildstylist myself; but the letters could of been better.

When I first heard about this battle, I did a Deny tag for shits and giggles. Then I heard it was only between you two; I "awh'd" and moved onto another sketch battle. :lol

4. Jet

Jet Elite Member

this was my point the whole time, you don't know what style means. You think letters have to be distorted and have lots of ad-ons to have "style" when in reality you're just piling a bunch of random weird extensions and arrows that don't make sense.

My sketch has traditional, bar style connections and extensions, and has a solid structure. just because it's simple doesn't mean it doesn't have funk and style.

5. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

Nothing wrong with sticking to the old school style. I just personally like more creativity; thus the reason why I'm into wildstyle.

This is what I did for shits and giggles if anyone cares to see.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/acrsk/5067120912/

6. PlanetVegeta

Toy. get up on graff not just what youve been exposed to on youtube. there are tons of straight letters rockin shit but yours aint cause your an enthusiast. "burner" not "throw up" that was the criteria for the battle. you threw a damn fine paint job on a piece of shit and you think you got it. BATES is a sick straight letter bomber and probably what you wanna be like when you grow up but his straight letters are confusing you lazy mofos that you can come up with a bs outline but as long as your fill-ins are dope nobody will notice. and guess what? it works! it works all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmme!!!! but not with me buddy. this was a battle that involved burners. and no matter how much time we spent on the shit i still burned.

7. bring_the_MASe

bring_the_MASe Senior Member

true...but how many times are we going to have to look at the same old piece? i could look at all my books that have flicks from the 80's that look exactly like yours ...i personally like to see someone who tries to style their letters and not just does some simple bars ...im not saying yours is bad before you go off on that sht im just saying creating your own style would have my vote as long as it looks nice ....take tickz's stuff for example ...his sht kills imo and i would rather much look at something like his work than a simple bar piece ...just because you have the 'bars' down doesnt mean you own people ...i was hoping for something more i guess ...got any of your own style pieces i can see?

8. bring_the_MASe

and yeah what vageta said ....this isnt even a burner ...you might wanna look up the def

9. PlanetVegeta

it doesnt come up. says we gotta sign in and i dont need every major competing corporation out there with my dater on file.

10. PlanetVegeta

if jet and i werent beefing i would've gave him mad props but he doesnt like me.

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

planetvegeta, I'm diggin the flow and the colors... really cool shit, but I can't see the letters in there. wayyy too intermangled. maybe u shouldda used white for the lines.

12. FlippingChickens

FlippingChickens Banned

in my opinion everything about jet's was better

13. -sKaMe-

-sKaMe- Member

If this was supposed to be a burner then how the FUCK does jet have any votes... Last time i checked burner meant the absolute best you can do. all jets is is a decent oldschool throwie with an okay fill and if that's his best then that's pathetic.

14. PlanetVegeta

i know i needed another outline or a second total outline with background and more fun shit but i really had no time with school and work. so i went with as basic as i could with the wildstyle. i was gonna bring out all of the overlapping by adding small cast shadows behind shit but i didnt wanna delay the battle any longer. oh well. all of your guys comments hit it right on the head with mine. i was lazy and rushed and it showed. but i still burned. that isnt even alotta extensions!

15. bring_the_MASe

again ...BURNER battle ...if it was a normal battle whatever but jet didnt even do the correct piece and im pretty sure jet said burner if im not mistaken?

16. bring_the_MASe

yep quote from original page

and it was set as a burner battle ...his choice and he didnt even do it right ...sad..

17. -sKaMe-

-sKaMe- Member

Hahahahah.. that really is sad. Epic fail on jets part

18. Jet

Jet Elite Member

lol you guys are morons, Borg is the mod who chose burners:

and again, you don't know what a burner is. by definition:

burner: also called a "piece" (from the word "masterpiece"); the most complex form of graffiti consisting of multiple colors, multiple styles, and more elaborate letters.
    -taken from Freight Train Graffiti

my Deny sketch has all those qualities, whoever said it's a throw up is retarded.

I guess I'm just a big fan of old school style, I think dudes like Skeme and Dez burn your heros like augor or revok, but I guess it just comes down to a matter of opinion.

And Vega i have no annimosity towards you, I guess you could just say we have a different opinion on style.

19. bring_the_MASe

http://www.graffiti.org/faq/graffiti.glossary.html

scroll down to burner

and even so the definition you posted says 'more elaborate letters' which doesnt mean straight bars, you only have the 'multiple colors' quality out of what you posted, the only thing complex is the fill ...that def means the piece is complex not just your fill

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  20. BORG

BORG Moderator

lol dont drag me into this shit storm

jet...not a burner, its a simple, and not a very impressive one at that
    planet...i got lost in ur fill, cant define much letters

nulled