Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Post-graffiti Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scratch, Dec 26, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Scratch

Scratch Senior Member

I thought itd be nice to see other peoples thoughts on this...

Im pretty sure its called post graffiti, correct me if im wrong

personally, post graffiti has been angering me lately, because ive been seeing it EVERYWHERE....

is there really any point? i mean, ur not really gettin ur name up, so is it even really gettin u anywhere, or is it just graffiti without the art?

2. _Sic_

_Sic_ Senior Member

wtf post-graffiti ? are you talking about handstyles and stickers ?

3. Scratch

Scratch Senior Member

4. ACTION NEWS...

ACTION NEWS... Elite Member

It's graff, but it's overly artistic, and less about our preconcieved notions of graff.

5. _Sic_

_Sic_ Senior Member

charac heads dude

6. artcrime99

artcrime99 Senior Member

Oh you mean street art well why not?not everyone does it for fame some for fun or the rush and not the fact that there name is up everywere.

7. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

graffiti isnt just about getting your name up though, everybody does it for different reasons, some for the rush, some for the fame, some becuase its self expression and osme because its how they want to show there work and art. i personally dont mind seeing that stuff, something like that takes a lot more skill and work than just a throw-up. as for you saying its "graffiti without the art". i think youll find its graffiti, with a hell of a lot more art

8. ares

ares Elite Member

Graffiti without the art? If anything heads bash street art for being too art-fagish. And of course theres a point to it, you just can't seem to comprehend it.

9. _Sic_

_Sic_ Senior Member

its called being dope

10. `~SNEK~'

`~SNEK~' Elite Member

i like street art myself... i do it (wheatpasting, stencils, etc.) but i only like it becase its another form of graffiti and it makes it only better.... if you dont like it it doesnt mean everyone else doesnt like it too...

11. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

I think this kid's hating on stenciling...

Actually i dislike stenciling to since any faggot can print off an image (that someone else made)--cut out the black part or whatever of it--then spray it somewhere

Freehand takes skill--Mad mad mad skill to be a king of freehand (it seems like)

Props to them!

12. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

street art is graffiti, id rather see that charc, as opposed to a 100 foot leagle
    those charcs are very artistic, and give you something to look at as opposed to a 10 yr old scribble..

13. `~SNEK~'

`~SNEK~' Elite Member

i make my own stencils... i hate the fact that some people would use giants stencils and say that they made it.... i dont get other people up... they can do that themselves...

14. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

seeing art on the walls is better than seeing nothing... so i guesse its fine

15. chas

chas Elite Member

stenciling and wheatpasting im cool with but with that gold guy people shouldnt say thats not graffiti cause it is take obey for instance there stencils everywhere you go they do this just to see people go hey i see that all the time then they keep there eye out for that image look at my avatar thats a film company that makes movies there promoting there company and proving a point there all over bakersfeild victorville las vegas there everywhere so yes its an art

16. `~SNEK~'

`~SNEK~' Elite Member

17. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

lol that pisses you off?!?!!?

stay far away from montreal then

i love it all
    who gives what the form come as, as long as it illgeal

18. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

hey, we do what we do and they do what they do who cares, personaly i like it its new and if any thing it might help graffiti get a better name, we cant be bad asses forever we do have some talent, well most of us.

19. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

lol that pisses you off?!?!!?

stay far away from montreal then

i love it all
    who gives what the form come as, as long as it illgeal [/b][/quote]
    Oh you have to be kidding me.
    Os Gemeos post-graffiti?
    Fuck no.
    Os Gemeos is a writer duo in sao paolo,and they are REAL graffiti, not post graffiti.
    One example of post graffiti would be Above.
    Post graffiti:
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.socalgraffiti.com/subscribe/abovesticker.jpg
    Obey
    alostshot.com_weblog_2004_images_obey_hug_bombs_lrg.gif
    (I really dont like that he stuck a poster over a throw)

Os Gemeos:
    awww.duncancumming.co.uk_photos_bcn0331.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.graffiti.org.br/osgemeos/images/osgemeos370.jpg

So you're trying to tell me that Os Gemeos isn't REAL graffiti?
    Pfft, go educate yourself.

20. GeSuS_KRiST

GeSuS_KRiST Moderator

its called street art and theres a thread for it but most street art have meaning other is just characters its a change in the normal system its not about gettin your name up its about putting somthing colorful in a rather dull place to make it more alive