Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Cap Cleaning

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by slavetopaint, Jun 12, 2004.

Share This Page

1. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

Hey, for those of you take the time to keep track of your caps when your out hittin shit up and you dont feel like forkin over 20 bucks (that you probably had to steal from an old woman) for more little plastic thingies; here's a good way to keep em' clean.

1. gather caps
    2. get a can or bowl
    3. some mineral spirits or paint thinner
    4. and air compressor if possible
    5. about fourty minutes of your time

just let them soke for a half an hour, and just blow them out with the compressed air, or if the compression is a prob. just blow in them and watch it on the inhale. I know it seems kind of obvious but not many people take the time to clean their caps or even keep track of them.

2. jade

jade Elite Member

why dont you just hold the can upside down and spray with the cap on and clean it out when its letting out pressure from the can

3. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

i was thinkin the same way to clean my old caps

4. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

well im just sayin for the ones that get clogged bc you forgot to clean them out right after they were used, you prob. know there isnt always time on the spot for cleanin your shit out.

5. glue

glue Elite Member

does paint thinner taste good? thats what i thought

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

an easyer way:

1. throw old caps away
    2. go buy new caps.

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

AMEN

8. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

i dont like the taste of paint thinner. at all. the worst ive tasted as far as graff goes is an oil based ink marker from the dollar stores... shit actually stained my teeth for a day and burned my tongue lol...

the upside down can thing is wak... it will spray paint for a while and will lower the pressure in your can also.... i just keep some empty cans around at home for unclogging caps... when im out painting i blow in the caps after use when possible... u get painted lips but u save money!

9. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

I just went to the trouble of putting some of my old caps in Mineral Spirits, a couple of nights ago. I find NY thins clog retardedly fast. I personall don't have the dough to fork out for new ones because I am currently unemployed and not living with/supported by my mum and daddy like many of you. So, this information isn't useless. I've yet to try nail polish remover, but I've heard it works (it has also been mentioned on this board by Flow).

10. syze

syze Member

fuck

all you have to do is when your finished painting you flip the can upside down and spray untill the air looks clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. syze

syze Member

or if your not poor go buy new ones?!!

12. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

ok yes, we have made many points on this thread so far, let us review class.

1. if you dont like paint thinner, don't do it...there are some people dumb
    enough to try it.
    2. though caps are reasonably cheap, there are times when you have the chance
    do some nice stuff...and may not have the time to get new caps or wait for the
    UPS guy

13. .limit.

.limit. Senior Member

gotta agree with him man

14. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

ive put my caps in white spirit it did the job

15. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

i put them in my ass

and fart

16. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

really good idea, hadn't thought of that one. though farting does sound quite tempting....*ponders*

17. KaRkUs

KaRkUs Member

just buy new ones or if u cant afforhere is to unclog nibs, it doesnt need to be repeated countless times here -.- if it said once its said

peaceout

18. don't let your caps too long in the paint thinner 'cause after a while the cap become shit 'cause the thinner kind of start eating the plastic of the cap...

I gotta say that buying new cap may be a good way....but you gotta have enuff dough which is not the case for everyone....

19. canaru

canaru Senior Member

i get sponcered a bit from a local graff shop and get really good deals....... 30 german outlines for 10$ CAN.... its all i need i got 4 pink dots and those ones never clog on me so im set........

20. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

good shit

how'd you get sponcered ?