Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wikileaks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newz12, Dec 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Staff Member
    newz12

newz12 Administrator

Unless you are living under a rock, you have probably heard about the massive diplomatic cable leak.

It seems that since that release Wikileaks is under a serious attack from the US Government: their site domain was removed, massive DDOS attack against their server, Interpol arrest notice, Paypal account for donations closed... the list is growing larger every day.

What do you think of all this?

Personally I think that Wikileaks is doing something really useful here, giving the citizens a tool to monitor what is going on inside governments. After all, governments are serving citizens, not the opposite.

What is dangerous there is the growing censorship campaign on the internet by the US government. Wikileaks and about an hundred of other websites were simply "deleted" from the interweb in the past 2 weeks. Many of these sites were hosted and registered outside of the USA... Seriously I don't have a good feeling about all this.

2. bait

bait Senior Member

the dude who posted the whole thing is hiding somewhere,he also said i he gets killed his followers will release such documents fucking WW3 gonna happen,so shits dangerous

3. cpyrte

cpyrte Member

yeah, dude has a torrent out called "wiki insurance" and in the event that the dude gets killed the password to the secured document will be released and all hell is gonna break loose. The US is in a tough ass position with this one. But from what I heard they're suppose to release cables about UFOs next.

4. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

5. Asis

Asis Senior Member

If you think about it, the major push is not from the U.S. government. The U.S. gov. accepted wiki leaks, although very unhappy, and went after Pfc Manning for his role in releasing classified information. Now, this guy released documents about other countries like Libya, Russia, Jordan etc..., and those countries aren't so happy about what he has done nor are they as patient as the U.S.. If he is going to be killed it won't be from the U.S.. He pissed off numerous other countries that don't follow the same human rights rules as we do. I agree with giving information to the public, but there comes a point where his actions jeopardize lives of Americans overseas (civilian tourists too). It will be interesting to see how more countries react to what he is doing. As Sec. Def. Gates pointed out that it is well known that the U.S. keeps secrets and does not disclose everything to everyone, but the reasons why countries come to us is because it is in there best interest to support us. That is most definitely true.

6. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

i knew the polis came on here to try and bate cunts into graffiti prosecutions.

i didnt think the FBI gave a fuck about what writers think but fuck sake clearly they want us not to read wikileaks so much they made a fake account to spread such ideas.

i mean thats the only plausible explanation for such a fucking RIDICULOUS statement.

7. bait

bait Senior Member

haha that pretty fucking hilarious

8. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

so what is this whole thing, what kind of information was released

9. Asis

Asis Senior Member

Classified material from how different leaders of countries travel to manuscripts of Boeing 767 maintenance requirements. Basically, if it is classified or above and he could get his hands on it either published or is threatening to publish it. In reality he can be considered a new age cyber-terrorist who is holding classified material for his own personal benefits.

10. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

spoken like a true yank, your not gods chosen people what makes you more important than the rest of the world

11. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

12. Staff Member
    newz12

newz12 Administrator

Don't think this file contains info of that importance. Probably only all the unreleased "leaks" they have, plus maybe some embarrassing stuff for country leaders and businessman (nude pics of Obama!)

13. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

anyone think that this wikileaks shit is going to be used by the american government as justification to censor the internet in a way similar as to how 9/11 allowed them to justify taking away some civil liberties with the patriot act?

14. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

i watched that video of the soldiers shootin the shit out of those people in iraq but that doesnt bother me really, i dont think its right but could be worse, then some other shit you need to download but fuck that the feds are all up on that bitch
    it doesnt seem like the US is to concerned though, i just dont get it whats the point of putting all this shit out, why now and how is it beneficial to anyone

15. Asis

Asis Senior Member

I apologize. I didn't mean to make it sound like I place a value over an American life or French/Spanish/German etc... life. I am specifically referencing the middle east and the influx of civilians of any nation in war torn countries trying to help rebuild, stabilize, teach etc.. These leaks just make it that much more difficult for the efforts of those persons. I am not one to argue that the wikileaks put U.S. armed forces at danger because they are already in danger, and the release of classified documents is a hiccup in the war effort because any future plans released can obviously be changed, but that is not what we are speaking about.

I don't believe what he is doing is right by any means, and eventually it will come to an end one way or another.

16. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

ye but really why are civilians over there rebuilding stuff?
    oh yeah cuss the uk and us keep droping bombs on them

they allready trying to get this dude up on some rape charges wich is probably bullshit anyway,
    when he gos to jail he'll most likely hang ''himself'' like david kelly

17. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

*raises hand*

18. Asis

Asis Senior Member

Why would civilians be over there building infrastructure? What about the fact that renegades in Africa concentrate on schools and hospitals because it is easy to create chaos when the most civilized and neutral buildings are destroyed. In Pakistan where the floods wiped out major humanitary stations to help the people, yet the U.S. is the largest contributer in the relief effort. Unless it is becaue the U.S. and U.K. had found a way to raise the rain levels in nature to cause flooding. I can chalk your comments up to ignorance in regards to world events and the ripple effect throughout the world. Spend some time in a place that hatred isn't just a word, but a feeling you get when someone looks at you and you will realize this goes far beyond the past 50 years of war.

19. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

maybe he WAS arrested just to be silenced, maybe the american govt. WERE behind 9/11, personally i aint a conspiracy theorist and i really couldnt give a fuck about all these 'facts' which a- cant actually be proved not to be fake and b- dont make the slightest difference to my day to day life......i aint joining no army or fighting no war, therefore i really couldnt give a shit whether its the 'man' trying to opress this guy, but to be fair the blokes a fuckin idiot for thinkin there wouldnt be any repercussions to hosting a site which makes some of the worlds most powerful people look stupid.....peace

20. jerm_haf

jerm_haf Senior Member

he knew there was gonna be reprecussions, thats why he leaked some stuff out first, to give him credibility, and now he's saying i'll leak some more if you try and get rid of me. he's got the government by the balls and hes gonna try and get some ridiculous shit out of it