Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

In need of help with creativity, shapes, and general ideas.

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SHUT, Feb 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

Honestly, i didn't know what to name this thread. The point in me posting this is because I have been having artist's block. When I sketch out a piece, either it is disproportional, or inconsistent to the idea or style I began the piece with. Other problems have been with fill designs, like cracks. Also, I just dislike the way my sketches look for the majority of the time. Because of this, I don't get out and paint as much, which sucks. I'm not sure exactly what I am asking of you, except to maybe post ideas on how to improve my proportions or how to improve my sketches and pieces. I would just really like for people to post things such as photo with drawn out pieces in certain styles and a short summary/tutorial on that specific style and how to improve in that style. Your posts are much appreciated!

2. XCES

XCES Member

stop sucking, might be your best bet.

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

stupid, should be closed

4. Communisthobo96

Communisthobo96 Member

I have a simular problem at the moment. -__-

5. Carma7

Carma7 Member

this should be closed. post this in toy questions or toy chay or something.

6. SiL0)

SiL0) Member

for the size problem, i usually do a little box about as big as i want the word to be. then i basically try to make the words atleast somewhat close to the hieght an width, should help some,..
    SiL0)

7. B-36

B-36 Senior Member

That actually helps, sex

8. PANE

PANE Member

When i have that problem i look towards someone else's work for motivation! I browse a site like artcrimes or bombing science for motivation. As for the disproportion like the other guy said mark your page use some kind of grid system Comprende??

9. must.bomb.chicago

must.bomb.chicago Member

or how about starting from the bottom up instead of being the toy and deciding you wana start doing crazy fills and pieces the second week you start writing. Start from basic straight letters. once you get that down, THEN you can start modifying it. But take steps. you can not go from tags to insane fills in a day

10. nixon

nixon Member

I agree

must bomb chicago is right, simple styles first. take a box, add some simple dimensional affects (like change the perspective), sketch in big block letters. from there you can add little adjustments. once you get that base just how you like it, proportion-wise ( i prefer fairly same size letters, but thats just me), then you add fills. hope this helps

11. Chris57662

Chris57662 Member

This shouldn't be here but, well you learn as you go. You can't really teach graff. Just be creative. There isn't a certain way a piece should look, especially wildstyle.

12. B-36

B-36 Senior Member

that^, just go with yo flow

13. SiteGraff

SiteGraff Senior Member

if your work looks "wrong to you" thats bad, youve got to develop your own style and youve got to make your words and letters work in their own way you follow me?

14. Sim2

Sim2 Member

Well, the thing is, graffiti is something you think and put out on your paper. The only thing you could learn is the differentiation in separate styles. What always seems to help me when I'm sketching is listening to music that seems...freestyle, such as jazz, or hip-hop.

15. Kinger79

Kinger79 Member

i agree with chris... but draw. ALOT. and it will get better. fuck what haterz say. every time you draw you see whats good and whats bad. and you remember what looks good or bad and you either do or dont do it again.

16. Kinger79

Kinger79 Member

jazz inspires your graff? what the fuck?

17. NOKi

NOKi Member

Look at megazines an draw out adds an slogans for stuff not everything in them is straight letters eventualy start adding lil tweaks here a flare there yah dig? Listen to what ever music get you going man wheather it be hiphop, jazz, reggae, etc... Try drawing a kitty if you like kitties what ever gets you going you know? Honestly too in you're black book bite the fuck outta other peoples shit add one style with another eventualy it will help you get flow down but when it comes to the streets don't be toying around yo write you're own shit in you're own way.

18. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

Try doing small words , its easyer to get the proportions right; i sitched from "SOUR" to "SUBCYDE" and it took me a while to get all of the letters the same size it either went from small to big or vice versa but after alot of practice you can get all your letters the same size.

19. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

You know jazz is good for the soul

20. earf

earf Senior Member

listen to your favorite music, watch exit through the gift shop
    thats how i get inspired