Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Politics and Religion discussion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lakim shabazz, Mar 15, 2011.

Share This Page

1. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

add on
    let knowledge be born.

Yeshua is the original Aramaic proper name for Jesus the Nazarene, who lived from about 6 B.C.E. to 27 C.E. (A.D.) The word "Jesus" is actually a mis-transliteration of a Greek mis-transliteration. The Emperor Constantine even mistook Jesus for Apollo, the son of the Greek God Zeus. In Hebrew Yeshua means Salvation while the name Jesus has no intrinsic meaning in English whatsoever.
    Yeshua is a Hebrew name which has been transliterated into Greek as Iesous (IhsouV: pronounced ee-ay-SUS or ee-ah-ZOOS). The English "Jesus" comes from the Latin transliteration of the Greek name into the Latin Iesus. Now Greek has no "y" sound, but the Latin "i" is both an "i" and a "j" (i.e., it can have a consonantal force in front of other vowels), the latter of which is properly pronounced like the English "y" (which explains the German Jesu, "YAY-su")That is why we spell Jesus as we do, taking it straight from Latin, but we pronounce the name with a soft "j" sound because that is what we do in English with the consonantal "j".The first letter in the name Yeshua ("Jesus") is the yod. Yod represents the "Y" sound in Hebrew. Many names in the Bible that begin with yod are mispronounced by English speakers because the yod in these names was transliterated in English Bibles with the letter "J" rather than "Y". This came about because in early English the letter "J" was pronounced the way we pronounce "Y" today. All proper names in the Old Testament were transliterated into English according to their Hebrew pronunciation via the Latin, but when English pronunciation shifted to what we know today, these transliterations were not altered. Thus, such Hebrew place names as ye-ru-sha-LA-yim, ye-ri-HO, and yar-DEN have become known to us as Jerusalem, Jericho, and Jordan; and Hebrew personal names such as yo-NA, yi-SHAI, and ye-SHU-a have become known to us as Jonah, Jesse, and Jesus. To further complicate matters, there was no letter "J" in the old English alphabet and the letter "I" was often used in its place. Often in early texts of the time, Jesus or Jerusalem would be spelled Iesus or Ierusalem.

he was not white he was born in the middle east where he would of had a darker skin tone all you Christians following the religion blindly are praying to a false idol that blasphemy to the HIGHEST degree in your teachings.

2. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Jesus Christ, how did you become a moderator?

3. Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine Member

Get your blasphemous teachings out of here. Jesus is the one and only savior.

4. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

can't overstand the truth?? thats what religions do to the divine mind keeping the false ego THRIVING
    the true savior is self not a blonde hair blue eyed painting of an imaginary man open your mind daveeeeyyyy.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

This thread is unamerican, and you are a freedom hater.

and as far as cover ups go, I'm pretty sure the mob and the CIA worked together to kill JFK.

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

How dare you imply MY lord and savior does not resemble the likeness which is printed onto my coffee mug.

a4.bp.blogspot.com__P0C514QVn3s_SNOzeRxhi4I_AAAAAAAAAzg_RhDA6mbx_LI_s400_raptor_jesus_02.jpg

7. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

damn. i thought this might be about different kinds of makeup. i got a mole on my buttcheek i need to cover up when i rock my banana sling at the beach.

8. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

9. I_FLOAT

I_FLOAT Senior Member

I really hope your being sarcastic.

10. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

reductio ad absurdum.

ya fanny.

11. Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine Member

You can pretend like you know about my faith all you want but I read the bible every day. Idiot.
    Are you working for Satan? I think you are. All you are doing is spreading evil and lies on this forum, and encouraging others to ruin their God-giving lives by using mind-altering substances. He has nothing for you than God cannot offer twice is good.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  12. FaultO

FaultO Elite Member

i've known salvo for a few years now, and he's most definitely serious. dude's the only person in seattle with a confederate flag in his window.

13. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

You had best pray that big-white-jesus-santa-claus-thing in the sky brings you some better grammer. .

14. Slushi

Slushi Banned

I think that Ganon is a real entity who is trying to steal the REAL triforce. The GOVERNMENT (gasp) is lying to us by making him a fictional video game character, so we'll believe that he's just that. Think about it, what would be the beast way to make people think something doesn't exist? Put it in a fictional story. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE.

It's already been proven that they're hiding the real triforce in Area 51, and that H. Clinton is just Princess Zelda's clever disguise (she's no stranger to clever disguises, remember Sheik?)

15. Tony

Tony Elite Member

AMEN, You are clearly working for Satan... and it is disgusting. Trying to spread all this nonsense about arab Jesus, running around pushing forward the evil agendas of the rap music industry... YOU are damning the souls of our young and destroying their brains with your constant promotion of "Marihuana"...... I pray for your kind.

16. I_FLOAT

I_FLOAT Senior Member

Wow. Your country (USA) is in shambles, and your all submissive because of your belief in this 'God'. YOUR ALL BLIND.

Go watch your jersey shore or some other spoiled collection of halfwits.

17. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

18. Slushi

Slushi Banned

If I remember correctly, he was a hipster who wore camo shorts and always rocked a jersey shore lip curl.

19. Dave Mustaine

Dave Mustaine Member

Nice story, tell it to reader's digest!

20. Tony

Tony Elite Member

im not american... but good try!!