Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

TFRRT: Phat2 vs Seywhat - "Jak"

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Phat 2, Mar 26, 2011.

Share This Page

?

Voting ends in 3 days

Poll closed Mar 30, 2011.
  1. Phat2

18 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Seywhat

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

2. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

thats wassup phat. shit is bangin man, props.

3. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Going wit Phat on this one

4. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

phat got it... wtf is up with ur 3d seywhat?!

5. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

daaamn, i just realized that shits even more fucked than i thought it was lol. its supposed to be goin down from the j and k and up from the a. but either way phat did his thing on this one, props again homie.

6. klic

klic Elite Member

Close one, but seywhat gmv despite the mind boggling 3D haha.
    never really been a fan of phats ish to be honest, just personal preference. I can see why people dig it though, bringing that 90s style funk. your painted work is too clean too.
    no diss or anything, just my thoughts.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  7. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

8. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

sey has better letters even with the wierd three-d idea , he gmv

9. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Honestly, if Phat wins this, I'll have no faith in Bombingscience anymore... No offense to Phat, but Seywhat's letters are FAR superior.

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

whats so wrong with my letters? how about some crits there drama queen?

11. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

some people just need to see straight letters all day or its wack... seys letters werent MUCH better, they were simpler i guess, but to me neither had super clean bars or letter style, i like seys K but it looks a lot like keane's K which ive seen a hundred times, and phat basically had the core of each letter pretty clean but then used too many addons and cuts...
    my vote was based on which one looked better as a whole, which was phat2 to me, also he obviously gave it more effort and has a more consistent handstyle

12. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

I'd rather see Sey's outline on a frieght... it makes a lot more sense then phat's... But I agree with Nemer as a whole "Pretty Hott And Thick" put more effort into the piece and deserves the win

13. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah but this battle isn't to determine whose piece would look better on a freight, moganone...
    zookyook's definitely right about the fact that i added too many details and stuff to the letters which made them lose some of their structure, but back when I drew it, it looked too boring to me without anything in the fill especcially colors, so I added all that stuff, that's the case most of the time with my pieces.. I gotta look out for that, but yet again, I want the piece to have a bit more flavor,,, idonno, we shall see i guess

but i reckon my letter structure and bars and all that jazz is kinda alright, no? at least much better than before innit... I personally think that I've progressed a lot, even though i still have a long way to go

14. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

I'd say you have improved but you may still want to concider starting more simpler now that you are understanding graff more...
    Here is a really old flick you had for one of the battles...
    156052_175284979165086_100000507545549_513736_3890589_n.jpg

You have honestly come a long way since then...

15. jdub

jdub Senior Member

my boy seywhat gmv simple yet fresh

16. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

It's not the simples I'm looking for. As you guys all know, I like doing wilder pieces anyway. Sey's piece has stronger structure, much better flow, and the cuts in Phat's aren't good at all. Aside from fucked up 3D on Sey's piece, compared to yours, it's a lot less to compensate for. You're definitely on the right track toward getting better, because your old shit was ridiculous and literally just shit, but Seywhat's piece is still better than yours.

17. feinwhat

feinwhat Member