Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

help a fellow writer gather data... writing a book on graff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by striverite, Apr 7, 2011.

Share This Page

1. striverite

striverite Guest

hey,

i've been a member of some of the other forums for a couple years but this one was recently suggested to me by another writer i interviewed this evening. i'm usually too busy with school, etc. to go on the forums on much, but i'm writing my sociology thesis on graff writers and graff culture. i'm a writer in philly, and i've interviewed about 15 writers (including some of the oldheads from the 70s, for ethical reasons i can't say who, but you can probably guess). although a lot has been written on graff, no written work has yet addressed the subject of graff forums. that's where y'all come in. i would really appreciate it if you took my survey, it's online, anonymous and completely secure. it will take less than 10 minutes of your time.

here's the link
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dExJR3FVSk5SUkF0ZWVvenBydVdoN1E6MQ

thanx

2. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

i suggest no one fuck with this survey because google keeps a database.

fuck you big brother

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. FuckMcNasty

FuckMcNasty Senior Member

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

for real, read a few questions, shit like what have you gotten up on? how many times you write in a month? whats your social security #?

i hate the smell of bacon

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

LOL, im not gonna say this person isn't a cop just because i don't know for a fact that they are not.

just i love how people JUMP to the "cop" conclusion every time someone posts a question like this.... or a lot of things it seems.

i smoke a ton of weed... but you guys are fucking PARANOID.... seriously..... you know not every college student who doesn't have a clue about graffiti but thinks it is totally cool is a cop.... don't answer the questions if you want... i don't give a shit... i did.

...and am i afraid of cops knocking down my door (they know where i live if they want me) or using the info from a graffiti survey against me?? ....LOL!!!!... no!! because i know circumstances it takes to obtain that information and the ways it may be used against me.

maybe when the apocalypse comes in 1,000 years and people on magic white horses take over the earth, this info will be used against you in a court of law....... but untill then i wouldn't be worried.

mr.shabazz if i were you id be a lot more worried about those pictures of "Marihuana" you post...... pretty sure i saw your hand in one of those.... you must not have your prints on file hey?

[Broken External Image]:http://www.montana.edu/police/images/fingerprints.jpg

but then again i forgot most of the people on this forum have the mind of a 12 year old and don't really know how the world works...

maybe this guy is a cop... who cares.... does he live in your city/state/province??? probably not.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  7. FuckMcNasty

its a silly thread, most of the threads that have been posted in the last few monts have been silly.
    silly tony

8. Tony

Tony Elite Member

i agree... most of the threads that get posted here are "silly".

9. FuckMcNasty

10. Tony

Tony Elite Member

silly boy indeed

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  11. FuckMcNasty

yeah i had you down as a monty python man
    silly silly silly

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  12. ribcage

ribcage Banned

hmmm do police not have communications? they livin in the stone age where telephones and the interwebz does not exist? I cant help but not like when something seems like bait....

13. Tony

Tony Elite Member

do police communicate across citys and districts so they can arrest people for vandalism??? yes... but not very often...

and certainly not for the half dozen tags you've done in your life

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

Lol O burn, I dont even know what to say to something like that :p ....^thats some bullshit though

The whole idea of incriminating evidence in the form of forum posts or internet surveys through google is why people including myself are paranoid. It doesnt take much effort for someone at a desk to type in a few words into a few forums a day or into google or flickr or half of the other possible things.

15. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

and this might be one of the those times

being paranoid is bad to an extent but it never hurts to be on your "tippie toes"
    especially in this day and age with the prison industrial complex getting bigger and bigger.

16. Irmelin

Irmelin New Member

(I know this thread has been all trolled up, but I see no other appropriate place for my post so I am just going to go ahead.)

My name is Irmelin Mathilde Amundsen and I am a senior at California Lutheran University, majoring in International Studies and Political Science. I am currently working on a research paper, which topic is the relationship between graffiti/street art and political expression of youth.

Your participation in this research would be greatly appreciated. Interviews would be conducted simply through e-mail.

Any information that is obtained is connection with this study and that might be used to identify you will remain confidential. I will ask you to select a pseudonym or fake name that I will employ in all field notes, transcriptions or public references. At your discretion, identities or aliases used in graffiti will be altered.

Anyone interested in participating should contact me on [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Irmelin Mathilde Amundsen