Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

!!PRIZE POLL!!! Easter Character Battle

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Msfyt, Apr 27, 2011.

Share This Page

?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2011.
  1. Noamos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. guitardogb

5.6%
  3. OPIEtheADDICT

30.6%
  4. DukeOne

47.2%
  5. Dstrukk1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BORG

13.9%
  7. Graffaddict

2.8%
  1. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

WINNER receives $25 to spend at BombingScience!!!

Poll closes in 3 days (Sat)

Noamos
    View attachment 605034

guitardogb
    [Broken External Image]:http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/4504/p1010207m.jpg

OPIEtheADDICT
    [Broken External Image]:http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2161/easterbunnyq.jpg

DukeOne
    View attachment 605035

Dstrukk1
    [Broken External Image]:http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/bankcash21/20090215072419.jpg

BORG
    View attachment 605036

Graffaddict
    [​IMG]

TheUsual
    View attachment 605037

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

Fuck. Duke's prowess, Opie's funk and posture, and Borg's execution. I would have voted for Borg's if it had more of a creepy stance or pose or something, but it's kinda just hanging out looking tweaked out. Duke's is really awesome, but it looks like a real rabbit.. I don't know, the art aspect is hands-down the winner, but considering this is a graffiti character battle, I like the funk, shading, and overall creativity that went into Opie's rabbit. Fucking awesome battle for you three though.

Everyone else's was gay.

3. BORG

BORG Moderator

yea.....agreed about duke's, thought this was more a character battle, which imo means altering the origins of something to produce a character of originality, not a portrait battle, no hate, just unsure how that fits the battle, altough its very quality work, big ups duke

4. DukeOne

DukeOne Moderator

lol, I'm biting my tongue not to respond to this, but this issue of something not being "graffiti" enough has come up more than once.

Borg please find me the image I produced in its original state, I did even by your definition exactly what constitutes a "character of originality." Where as, and I mean no hate to you Borg or to OPIE, I can draw many similarities between both works, from display of sharped teeth, to the outstretched tongue, holes in the ears, multiple eyes, I could go on. I could point out that these two works are not original or "character of originality" but I don`t because you have each stylistic differences, which I hope I hold as well. The alterations, juxtaposition, and appropriation I used may be more subtle in my image but are there nonetheless. My issue I guess is that your throwing words around with very vague definitions "graffiti" "character" "portrait" "originality" yet requiring and expecting specific examples of each term, which truly don't exist. I just can't get over the irony of you saying my image is not original because it doesn't belong with the others, a bit of a catch 22 no?

Anyways apologies for the rant but its just my 2 cents, props to everyone who entered.

5. BORG

BORG Moderator

lol u got it all wrong, no need to get so uptight, i simply had an opinion, i didnt use terms such as "graffiti" as i rarely ever do lol, but in my opinion, as in original...i meant u drew a rabbit with a cape, its a portrait, in which i dont personally view as a "character".....where as ud think more altering the original subject to something thats not normally viewed, being creative n expanding on the look or anatomy of a rabbit woulda been alot nicer imo, playing with its features, modifying or simply just bringing a more human characteristic to the piece as a whole, no need to get all defensive as this is not a stab against u, simply an opinion, everyone has gotten their own ofcourse, as u clearly have your own aswell

liking opie's alot, has that comic book vibe to it

6. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

i voted for Mr Dukeone. He doent only have talent but the picture could have a message behind it which every one would think of different (or even not at all) . Also great battle all up. Its good to see this shit kickin agian i havent voted for a while so i almost missed it. Keep them coming

7. cream1

cream1 Senior Member

opies was sick. i shouda sent mine in, it was frank the bunnie

8. OPIEtheADDICT

OPIEtheADDICT Member

Damn borg. Was we on the same link or what???
    And of good job duke with peter rabbit or saint peter or saint peter rabbit.
    And is that a quote from billy shakes?
    Pm me the meaning behind your piece.
    And nice job letting the tonal paper show through.
    Life drawing skills yo.

P.s. Its a character in the sense that family guy is a cartoon. U need a certain level of understanding and comprehension to understand...
    Not to call anyone dumb... Unless you are dumb.

9. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

why dose Borg only have 2 votes???????

Props to Duke for implementing his style into his work. Your stuff reminds me of like mid evil type ish. Pretty dope.
    Oh and non the less Props to borg, always going over board still I can never fathom how nicely clean your characters are.

10. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

bamp

11. parasiticruffian

parasiticruffian Senior Member

DUKe FUKINg KILLEd It!... Yo duke PM me, I'm wondering if I can get that rabbit portrait from you...?

12. CS!K

CS!K Member

Duke = god!!!!!!! props pimpin!

13. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

Reminder: Last day for everyone to vote

14. guitardogb

guitardogb Member

damn, why did I even enter this? haha
    but i can totally learn from all the other styles.
    Also who voted for me? because I wouldn't vote for me (even though I did) lol

15. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

The WINNER DukeOne :)
    Congrats, I will PM more info.

And TheUsual disqualified for cheating and banned from all battles.

16. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

i was wondering how he was getting so many votes, i just didnt want to be a dick and call him out

17. Lexual Fernandes

Lexual Fernandes New Member

Hey, without being offensive... My good mate Theusual would like to deffend himself. I can backup his story too, as I for one joined the site thinking it would be cool to vote for him. I hope this clears up any misunderstandings, and hopefully gives him a second chance. He really is safe, and a lover of art. Anyway, congratulations to the winner =) Peace & Love. Lexual

"all i wanna say on there is.... I didnt cheat i put my design up onto facebook and asked people to vote for me.. thats how voting systems work. I am new to this site and this was my first entry.. i didnt know that i could not ask my friends to vote for me
    and on that note i didn't win duke won and deserved to win but make your rules more clear."