Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Weekly Sketch Battle #3 - GRIMES

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by NouveauP, Jul 10, 2011.

Share This Page

?

Who's the grimiest?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2011.
  1. MrB

12.2%
  2. Albino

9.8%
  3. extinct

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. posher

2.4%
  5. Relaks

2.4%
  6. Asyd

2.4%
  7. jerm

4.9%
  8. dankbudz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. neeza

2.4%
  10. SVEZA

63.4%
  1. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

2. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Lot of good entries! I can't see neeza's entry though. It just shows up as a broken image.

3. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

The direct link that he sent me doesn't work.

4. Ace.K

Ace.K Banned

Oh well. Sveza gmv

5. Asyd

Asyd Member

sveza's is filthy

6. neeza91

neeza91 Member

7. posher

posher Senior Member

SVEZA for sure. dude that is sum nice work! I was gunna do a frank grimes theme myself haha but I think i may have got a lil lazy, I am on holidays all this week so ill try and put more time into the next one, MrB's is looking mighty fine aswell if I do say so myself! haha and thats a good turnout!

8. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

I tried to go into imageshack to grab the direct link, but it wouldn't let me get it without registering (and no offense, I wasn't going to go through the process) You sent me the same link about 10 times. But it's on there now. Sorry it got added in late, cause it's dope for sure.

9. BobtheBomber

BobtheBomber Member

Wow- They're All Good, I Gotta Say Sveza Though, he Owned It..

10. SVEZAJEZA

SVEZAJEZA Senior Member

Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah this is what we want, now this is a battle good work on everyone getting into it this week and keep battling and spread the word. Good job everyone.

Im gonna try and give everyone probs, Ill go down in the order of veiw soooo.
    MR B - A nice Constistant style through out the peice and good to see a lil quote on the side to add a lil style
    Albino - The flat colouring does work and its a paintable style.
    extinct - i see whats going on there my friends good style, its kinda ghostly im not been negitive but u only have to fine tune that sketch just it a lil more effort and it would look sweet.
    posher- ah my clean crisp friend, always being a smooth criminal. always good with the fades and that extra styling. u should of added some smoke from the gun or from a casing from shot bullet just to go with smokin peice.
    Relaks - Nice entry i portioned ur letter hight good and it would work well on a wall, just remeber that to try to make the parts where bits of ur letted conect u keep a nice ratio with thick and thin
    Asyd - Its a nice clean sketch and i like the shading u did, I have the same trouble it looks liek u might of had and wanted to be free and big but run of space, I found having a 2h pencil as it light enough to be easily rub out.
    jerm- I like how those colours u used turned out and i do like parts of ur style, Its just i think it would work better if u minimised the "void" or connetion between the middle letter it would work tho if maybe you put some like "x" cross down on the middile near the t to look like stiching is a differnt way to connect a letter or ever simply which i use a technique i use and make it look like the bottom of the letter it pops out kinda like what i did with the top right of my m or i was even thinking just with colours can be effective. Really do what ever you want. im just syked heap of people entered and its good to see. i liked the speewing out bits too.
    dankbudz- U kept the lettering a lil plain but i do like it, its coloured in well and really clean. I also saw it on another post, with some hectick old school drawrings it had some nice flavour man.
    Last but not least...
    neeza - this is some good work mate, alot of effort put into it and the effect u use are well really effective. alot of layering. and 3d effects, like u did a 3d on the letter then did a 3d drop with the orange b4 u outlined with black. I think if you were to paint this or to add even more depth would if u like even put like a colour burn like shaddow on the kinda firey thing u got the behind the peice if u know what i mean like where u blue but are near the black have a shade of a darker blue, where it is orange a shade of a darker oranger and so on so it looks like its hovering.

Dope shit people!

11. jerm_haf

jerm_haf Senior Member

wished i woulda waited to vote til i could see neezas. Props homie

12. neeza91

neeza91 Member

I was very surprised at the volume of entries this week. I liked all of the entries personally. It's all about participation/practice. Thanks Sveza and Jerma. And Sveza, your advice is very helpful.

13. Asyd

Asyd Member

Can we please get a new word????

I like seeing more than 3-4 entries, I think everyone did very well. I can see where I need to improve pretty clearly that's for sure... I think Neeza was my second, followed by MrB, Relaks, and Posher. I'd say Posher's had the cleanest look to it, but it was too much of a conventional font as opposed to a graf piece to me. (No offense intended) Just my opinion on the matter, I could see that font and artwork as a tat.

14. posher

posher Senior Member

totaly agree with u man, Ive been doing sum stuff with that kindof font lately and I enjoy it so I threw it in.....but yeah its not really graff font.....I guess if I had thrown more swirls or a 3d to it instead of the little drop shadow.... pritty much bottom line, I got lazy lol but there was alot of dope entrys for sure and a wicked turnout, if it stays like this we could have the advanced and beginner catagories again. sveza is deff the man of the hour tho on this one, that peice shines bright above the competition.

15. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

16. MrB

MrB Member

svenz again... killed it top shelf mate... dont know if im on this weeks battle as i got things going on will try and make the cut i guess....

there a few that stand out and a few that dont, some are just pickets to make up numbers but its a never know situation on the battle front.

fair play to everyone that entered in the battle.

props all

17. my.favorite.addiction

my.favorite.addiction Banned

18. twisties

twisties Elite Member

Niiccce..Great to see more enteries this time.

Hard to vote this time round. But I've given it to SVEZA and if I could vote again it'd go to neeza for sure.