Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

your favorite INDOOR ink

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by phistagon, Jul 17, 2011.

Share This Page

1. phistagon

phistagon New Member

I frequently find myself tagging inside, whether it is in a washroom, a subway, or whatever. When i am choosing my ink i usually look for 3 characteristics:

1) hard staining - my experience has taught me that when indoors, chemicals are usually used to remove tags, rather then a layer of paint.

2) lack of smell - being inside, the wind isnt going to carry the smell away, and some of the stronger smelling inks can easily alert the pigs or other enemies to your activities

3)quick drying - this serves the same purpose as lack of smell. if someone goes by something you just tagged, and its still dripping, wet and smelly, it is obvious you are the writer.

_______________________________________-

inks i have tried:

****: takes a few minutes to dry, doesnt smell that much, and is relatively hard to buff with solvents.

ON THE RUN "HARD TO BUFF" :current favorite-dries in under 10 seconds, has a moderate, sweet smell, and is similar in buffing difficulty as **** INK

KRINK: smells like shit, takes forever to dry, is buffed very easily with solvents.

what are your experiences with inks, and do you have any reccomendations that would top OTR HARD TO BUFF on my three categories, i would especially like to find an ink that is similar to OTR in smell and drying time, but is harder to buff with solvents. i have tried adding brake fluid, but that increases drying time.

PEACE!!

2. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

3. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

I mostly use sharpie magums. They have no smell and dry in seconds. I also use montana ink. But if i want to get really Tech, then i mix ink from sharpies and montana with a little paint thinner if i want extra leak. That makes for Epic handstyles

4. nah!

nah! Banned

sharpie magnums smell real bad but write good

5. dont panic

dont panic Member

GARVEY! only problem with this ink is that it fades in the sun but inside its really hard to buff

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

i like the krinkz

7. phistagon

phistagon New Member

I have heard some good things about garvey. Perhaps i will pick some up on my next order.

I'm waiting on my Do Em' Dirty "Inside Job" (Express Shipping FTW), and ill update this thread with my verdict

8. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

True...the smell goes when it dries, though.
    I like to use a straight razor to modify my sharpies sometimes, too. Leaves a cool lil design there.
    Really, though the one thing that's better than markers is sand paper. My personal favorite.

9. fixiebandit

fixiebandit Member

Grog-ink... I pick some Grog Squeezer up a few week's ago.... so fucking amazing... long store sort pick up a few so fucking dop...

10. nah!

nah! Banned

i picked up a grog squeezer yesterday

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  11. Steez

Steez Senior Member

do'em dirty mop + outdoorsman ink.
    = noticing 2-3 week old tags to be fading a bit, but the drip's aren't as much.

k60
    = caught on old tag (1yr+). Darker than my 2-3 week old tags w/ do'em dirty's outdoorsman ink

12. fixiebandit

fixiebandit Member

Love the squeezer, i would have to say better then any other mob that i've used......... however i did pick me up the Grog Squeezer Marker 25 (Paint) not so happy with that one.... ink look's real Nice's...... i don't know it mit just be me. but is seems there is not a whole lot of paint in it.... does not drip as good as the ink....... but the ink is the way to goo... the one thing that does kind of suck with both ink/paint you have to take it easy on the nip's they do fuck up quick if you really going at it.. "if that makes sense"..... but you can wright on any surface... over all ten star's
    Any one play around with the molotow speedflow Masterpiece's.... what you guy's think.. i have one but im not to sure what i think of it so far.

13. nah!

nah! Banned

does grog ink last long outside?

14. fixiebandit

fixiebandit Member

I've been writing with it for the last few month or so.... and it's holding up pretty good..... two or threeweek old tag's look like they just got thrown,but then igen i would have to say it's all on the surface... I've used red/blue/black/purple/magenta..... they all look pretty good.... My two favorite color's are magenta and black.. If you can find your self a nice white surfaces the magenta really pop's out..loveee itt...... i was thinking about trying out the green.. mit just throw it in my next order...

15. SilentVandal

SilentVandal Senior Member

0ink is the best ink ever made handsdown theres nothing
    better it stains hard and most of the colours take a long time to fade
    black being the best...
    Im also going to try Mr Black Ink soon seems like a fairly new company.

16. B3AST6!

B3AST6! Member

its not gunna fade if its undergroud in the sub's or in bathroom's...

17. Hudsoy

Hudsoy New Member

18. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i use grog anywhere, even though it smells, if i do catch a tag indoors i never hang around.

19. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

yes grog ink is amazing somone tried to buff my tag and it bled right thru. grog is very high quality ink just make sure you dont get any on your pants or your hands. last time i spilled it on my hands they were pink for at least a week. but if you do get it on your hands get some olive oil rub it on your hands and use soap and water and the rough part of the sponge, it will slowly rip off the skin cells that the inks on.