Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

post your Meals/recipes/snacks (flicks)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by plumbererer, Aug 1, 2011.

Share This Page

1. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

so its come to this. we post our food. who doesnt love food? i know i do. as of late ive been having to eat a bit smarter so i like to see what everyone else is grinding on/what they use for such and such. post your recipes and flicks. no one cares to read blocks of text. words dont make you salivate. anyway.

for lunch today i ran out of bread so i scrounged up:

4 slices of lean deli turkey lunch meat (fold in half, chop in rows so you end up with nice squares)
    4 egg whites and 2 reg eggs (just crack the right in the middle on the side of your non stick pan, and separate them back and forth. it sounds hard but its really easy if you are capable in the kitchen)
    frozen spinach (about a handful of this or less. throw it in the microwave in a microwave bowl, leave it covered mostly so it can steam itself.)
    black ground pepper for taste (i love black pepper so i put a shitload)
    frank's red hot (add to taste)

so, i hit the stove with a non stick pan. heat it up. separate your egg whites and throw 2 regular eggs in. kinda scramble them and let them cook while you go chop up your turkey. dice it into squares. after checking on your eggs, grab your spinach warm it up until its properly steamed in the microwave safe bowl. i used a tupperware bowl and sealed it but left it cracked to get it to steam. toss in your turkey, scramble, then toss in your spinach. add pepper at your discretion. now just throw in some franks because if you know what im going through, black pepper and franks make any cobbled together meal taste that much better and it gives it a nice color as well. scramble it for a bit and youll know when its done by its consistency. if im not mistaken you got 2 servings from this so eat it all now or cut it in half and save some for another meal. less than ten bucks and you are eating like a champ. cant go wrong with that.

the finished product:

[Broken External Image]:http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9931/img20110801150207.jpg

next time ill take the during the process flicks. i didnt this time because my kitchen was a trainwreck and didnt feel like straightening up just to make a thread. anyway. post your flicks and recipes! TELL US WHAT YOU EAT!

2. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

word, ill cook up a gangster omelete tomorrow for the thread and take action shots. pro-tip; try to avoid the microwave. it kills damn near any nutrition the food has to offer. put it in a bowl and use cool water. itll unfreeze it rather quickly and keep much more nutrients! if you do it first, itll be ready by the time you'd like to add it into the equation. if its a dense piece of meat (like a beef steak) just do it ahead of time. you can thaw it out halfway or 2/3rds and if you cook it on a semi medium/low heat to start it out. itll thaw out and not singe the steak.

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

Not from today but recent food... yes I can cook just fine but I eat out a lot too.

First is a fresh greasy vegi samosa. There was 4 but I had to eat before taking a picture...
    ai53.tinypic.com_312fmvc.jpg
    $1 for 2, and they come with chutney... it is a must

Next is sushi from the local asian market. I got there pretty close to closing so selection was limited, I went for what was least likely to carry food poisoning.
    ai53.tinypic.com_9s7xox.gif
    These are beef teriyaki which is one of the most caucasian sushi rolls you can buy... not pictured shrimp nigiri and dynamite rolls.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  4. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

5. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

word guy ill remember that. tony, all that shit is tasty as fuck. ive been meaning to come some sushi but being an unemployed wizard means i cant go to the restaurant and have to buy from the store. but even then i gotta wait till i got scrips for that. ECRU what the fuck am i looking at? shit looks tasty as fuck.

6. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  7. GuyGuyer of Guyland

went through some flicks on my computer. heres some home made raviolis. forget the recipe, not finding the cookbook.

[Broken External Image]:http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8264/raviolin.jpg

heres the casing for the raviolis, home made as well. from scratch.

[Broken External Image]:http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3699/sheetz.jpg

and this is what im chewin on now. mad berries. coating the fuck down with sugar <3

[Broken External Image]:http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7414/berriesj.jpg

i woulda flicked the lasagna i just reheated.. but i ate half of it by the time i reached arms distance from a camera.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  8. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

that is so ill guy. i give you so much daps for making it from scratch. my moms is sicillian and when she makes lasagna, which is rare, she makes enough for an army. since i had such an extravagant lunch today, i lucked out and found an old piece of 9 grain wheat bread. toasted it and warmed up some turkey and peppercorns. washed it down with chocolate protein. no im having a little diet soda to quell my sweet tooth.

9. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

10. Ecru

Ecru Senior Member

11. Tony

Tony Elite Member

I had falafel for lunch from this little lebanese spot, forgot to get a picture though.

came home and made some bbq chicken and a quick salad of mixed greens, cucumber, feta and ceasar dressing.
    ai55.tinypic.com_4t556h.gif

12. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

EDIT: missed your post tony. we musta both hit at the same time. i just discovered feta cheese, and i have to say, its pretty good. excellent posts fellas.

i would def fuck with the twix ice cream bar. i think ive tried everything else at one point and wasnt like wowed by them at all compared to their regular counterparts. props on the late night snackage holmes.

5 more weeks of this. but it tastes hella good so i cant complain.

3 slices of honey turkey, 9 grain wheat, muscle milk (water based), and some more plain ol' water.

[Broken External Image]:http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2600/img20110802204735.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  13. NiL

NiL Elite Member

Tony I like your style.

14. GuyGuyer of Guyland

just made some tasty polenta for a late night snack. its also gonna be part of my gangster ass breakfast tomorrow. nothing to take your mind off lifes bullshit with some warm, sticky soulfood. cheap as fuck, tastes good, rather effortless.

6 cups of water. 2 1/2 cups of corn meal. teaspoon of salt. an optional thing that wont break the bank and makes a world of a difference is either two packs of chicken bovril or 4 cups of water and two cups of chicken broth.

add the 6 cups of water (or 4 cups and 2 cups of chicken broth) let it boil. add salt. bring it down to a simmer.

add the 2 1/2 cups of corn meal

[Broken External Image]:http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/637/polentay.jpg

in the saucepan. stir and whip that shit like crazy. get the shoulder into it. dont want it to lump up or stick together.

[Broken External Image]:http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/550/polenta2.jpg

stir it around for about 10 minutes. once its a nice thick consistency that wont stick to the side of the pan. take it out, throw it into a greased/buttered baking pan and even out the top. let it sit for 5 minutes. and you have a giant hunk of polenta as a cheap ass side piece to any meal to feed any hungry ass motherfucker who finds themselves in your house.

[Broken External Image]:http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1846/polenta3.jpg

seriously. this whole thing probably cost me $1.45.

i made it tonight so i can use a nice chunk for tomorrows gangster ass breakfast. frying up a chunk of polenta in butter till its a nice brown and having eggs and bacon on the side is some gully ass breakfast for all you cheap blokes looking to stuff yourself before a hard day

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  15. serk757

serk757 Senior Member

my mom makes me cinnamon roles for breakfast, and I always get the one in the middle. yeah, im a faggot. deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
  16. Tony

Tony Elite Member

^^^ this nigguh eats expired yogurt and calls it "aged"

17. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

18. GuyGuyer of Guyland

alright, pickin up on breakfast with what i did last night. take a piece of polenta. butter up both sides. try to make it a centimetre thick, otherwise it may fall apart when you flip it.

[Broken External Image]:http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/41/polenta4.jpg

i decided to make a small omelete with it this morning. 2 eggs (cuz i ran out), a tenth of a large green pepper. a sixth of a small red pepper. shot of salsa, shot of cream. some cheese (i added the cheese in late, halfway through cooking it, cuz i nearly forgot it.

[Broken External Image]:http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/298/omelete.jpg

i had the omelete at 325 F. or somewhere between a 6 and 7 on my stovetop. and the polenta at maximum halfway through, started it at the same temperature as my omelete.

threw some bacon in the microwave. (my folks have that lousy pre-cooked shit) 15 minutes, maybe 20 later. (including pausing for flicks) this is what im chowin on.

[Broken External Image]:http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1866/breakfastz.jpg

only one piece of polenta made it onto the plate, the smaller one was eaten while being cooked. a large solid breakfast and i typically dont need a lunch, dinner by 5. thats my contribution to breakfast for this thread.. tomorrow is cereal, cuz im outta eggs and the polentas gonna be killed by tonight. peace!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  19. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

feta is a good fucking cheese
    if you get a chance and see it in your supermarkets get queso fresco its a cheese with alot of water and you can fry it gets niice and brown and adds MAD flavor and its good without frying it too and when you do fry it make sure there hearty slices cause if there not they will melt. i usually it eat for breakfast Nicaraguan style. (red or black beans and rice fried together eggs fried cheese and a tortilla)
    right now i just through in pasta and fete cheese backed thing in the oven made a quick sauce for it too.
    a spoon full of tomato paste some water chillie flakes garden oregano basil salt pepper mixed it in with the pasta sprinkled fete cheese on top and popped in the oven. never tried it before but assuming i will have cream results.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7753/mg6280.jpg
    most creaaaam.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  20. ribcage

ribcage Banned

stir fry for lunch, yall know the deal. chicken, banana peppers, onions, green and red peppers, pepper, and a little garlic. Usually add peapods but forgot to buy em
    View attachment 611112
    tortilla sour cream and salsa. Bam! nick stollino status without the beard, and cooking show, and quality ingredients
    View attachment 611113