Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is It Possible...

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by CHOK.BA., Feb 14, 2006.

Share This Page

1. CHOK.BA.

CHOK.BA. Member

...to modify stock tips that come on the can? and how the hell is this done?

2. epikstyles

epikstyles Senior Member

its like impossible the tip holes are done with like micro needles, i made my own tip in tech class it was the wood of the end of a drum stick with dril holes in it, its shit it fill's faster than pink dot however

they use needles not drill bits

3. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

take a needle, heat it up with a lighter and stick it into the tip, it'll make it fatter, kinda shitty lookin lines though

i've also heated up pocket knives and made some fucked up calligraphy caps

4. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

there was this one time..........in band camp

5. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

Not saying that this dident work for you, because im sure it did.
    But if youve ever heard of having a "Blow out" or had it happen to you, you'll think twice about doing this.
    Ive done this and its worked, but one time i did it and it seemed to work fine until it got clogged. So of course, i held the can upside down to try airing some gunk out, and i dident hear the his, no paint comming out, nothing. All the suddon there was this loud BANG that was litterally like a single firecracker getting blown off, plus i was at a chill spot under a bridge so i sounded like a gun getting shot.
    hahha i had no idea what just happend and i actually dropped to the ground thinking i just got shot out, but quickly pieced the situation together when i looked at the can missing the white insert.

Hahah true story.

It can be done though.

6. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

yeah, i usually just use em one night, maybe two, but yeah, i'll watch out for that

7. MUSASHI

MUSASHI Elite Member

tips are cheap as fuck!!!

8. MUSASHI

MUSASHI Elite Member

ps. sorry for double post but fuck it...reuse your tips...take em off the spray paint can and put them on a degreaser or wd40 can and spray till clean..or just throw them away with the can cuz I mean tips are cheap as fuck...go to the bombing science shop and get you like 50 of these and thats..for as much as a bag of weed you can get you a random pack with like a hundred tips..like i said cheap as fuck...

9. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

shitty weed though....
    And the caps youd buy here are Male caps, where as wd40 cans are Female stemed. And so is oven degreaser, if you could even find one to fit a gold dot.
    So yeah man, Im not sure if you guys have different wd40 where your from, but yeah.
    Cheap as fuck.
    yeah.

10. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

you dont use wd40 or oven cleaner to clean caps that shit is not necessary.

just put the cap on an empty can, tuirn upside down, and spray all the presure out...the air unclogs paint from the nozzle.

11. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

not always, in fact rarely...if a caps about to be clogged completely(it still hisses) just soak it in paint thinner....common sence, if it is clogged its fucked.

12. MuramZA

MuramZA Senior Member

Just go to the Auto section of walmart and look at all the caps that come on them. If you're lucky, you might find a Rusto, or something similar to that.

13. Soeffinblack

Soeffinblack Member

use brake cleaner you can buy at an auto store to clean your tips, spray slowly then let it sit for 30 seconds, repeat a few times. helps alot. cleans the outside as well.

14. PaintThaStreets P.T.S

PaintThaStreets P.T.S Senior Member

i can see some one getting riped here then comes the beef please close it before it get to tht...........

15. acid_fts

acid_fts Member

how did u make those calligraphy caps? do they work good?

16. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

eahh...go order some fat caps or go to walmart and rack the elmers glue tips.....there rusto fats.

17. BORG

BORG Moderator

i usually mod all of my stock caps because i have to order my caps online when i need them

for a needle cap (thin lines)

get a wd-40 straw
    cut it about 1.5 to 2 inches long
    take the stock cap and pop out the white piece
    now take the straw and forcefully shove the straw into the big hole, fits perfectly

now stick this cap on a can of paint and have your way with her
    also- you have to cut the straw with a straight cut, or else is sprays funky

pm me if your looking for a certain cap that you need a mod for and i'll let you know how to do so

18. AyteYourCookies

AyteYourCookies Senior Member

how do you pop out the white peice?

19. BORG

BORG Moderator

take a razorblade and stick it into the crack and pry it out

20. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

wait what do you mean elmers glue tips?