Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

[refilling_pentel_whites]

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by pSYKAOz, Jun 18, 2004.

Share This Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

i dont usually make a stupid topic in here but heres one...

how the hell do i refill a pentel white... the 100 w ones... is it even possible? (other then pushing the flow control down and trying to get apint in at the same time)

oh and dont say go try it. i did. made a few messes and then i snapped the plastic so i lost it and it wasnt even empty yet TT__TT... i got another but i dont want to risk it since it full still...

2. glue

glue Elite Member

i had a pentel white it worked well, but after it rained it got buffed by me touching it. do they even have pentel refills? just buy a new one there only 3$ at buisness depot.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v221/scottfoo/jumbo_marker.jpg
    my homie found this on the buisness depot web site, do any of you know where to buy one? they dont have them at the buisness depot by me so...

3. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

that pilot silver ink is really permanent. i have a smaller version of that thats quite common. havent got the big ones yet... look hella fresh

4. bruce

bruce Elite Member

ive tried refilling em but ended up breaking the plastic. once theyre broken you can try making homemade markers but id wouldnt bother.

best bet is just to buy a new one.

5. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

they sell pentels at hoem depot?

6. ballo¢ks

ballo¢ks Guest

naw bussiness de-pot
    id have to say pentel white is my favourite marker at this point in my life.
    as for refiling it i dunno maybe use some kind of funnel
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.db.od.mah.se/car/bild/funnel.gif
    ill make an attempt at refilling one when i get some paint and thinner

7. Lesh

Lesh Member

those big ass silver pilots are dope but i suggest wearing gloves or evenn just keeping it in a ziplock bag, they tend to piss alot

8. jurass finish first

jurass finish first Elite Member

ya i got a pilot broad but those huge ones look pretty sweet. . .guess i gotta wait til they get them at michaels though haha

9. thegood thebad andtheugly

thegood thebad andtheugly Senior Member

i highly recommend those jumbo pilot silvers!! i've never had one leak on me, everyone knows silver is the shit!!

10. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

I've been meaning to try to refill my Pentel White, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Anyway, I have an idea. I often use a plastic syringe to help keep things clean when I'm filling up other markers. The one I have is just a little to big to fit into the valve part that holds the nib. So, my advice is look for one of these plastic syringes (in pharmacies) that looks small enough to fit in that hole. The syringes are usually only a dollar.

I've filled up other paint markers with the same type of push valve using this syringe method and it completely worked, so I suspect if you find a sturdy little syringe you could just force down the valve and inject the paint.

11. my-SaC-hurts

my-SaC-hurts Senior Member

those pilot silver jumbos.... are FUCKING AMAZING they got gold too i use the silver but they are noisy cause the metal balls inside and way harder to buff then zigs... try art stores...... they might have em
    just ask around for pilot jumbos metallic colours maybe omer deserre if u live in MTL

peace and good luck finding one cause they rock! :ph34r:

12. glue

glue Elite Member

yea ill look around. do pentel whites have good ink( hard to buff?) ?

13. ViKn

ViKn Elite Member

speaking of Pentels i was gonna buy one but they were all gone :(

14. Tony

Tony Elite Member

i dont know were i would be without those things. they are alot more usefull then one would think

15. mr. she77

mr. she77 Elite Member

16. -> DUMB ONE <-

-> DUMB ONE <- Elite Member

ya i dont think you can refil them

17. mr. she77

mr. she77 Elite Member

nothings impossible

18. boo-yaka

boo-yaka Senior Member

Agreed. I'm 90% sure the method I just discribed would work, if the person doing it is persistant and knows a little bit about fucking with markers and mixing paint for markers already. And in the off chance that you really tried and it didn't work, you could always saw off the front with a pipe cutter (they cost about 10$), making the marker so it's just an open shell, and then use eraser fealt to convert it into a kick-ass mop that would be tiny and concealable, but with a fucking massive tip.

19. oblong

oblong Elite Member

might have been said, to tired to read
    drill whole in the top, use a suringe or a glue bottle filled with paint to squirt the paint into the cyclinder of the marker then jsut put a dot of glue and twist a large screw into the whole . ofd course use desired paint

hope thishelped

20. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

well im gonna give an idea a shot ill post if it works... im tired of white ya know haha but i love the shape and size of pentels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.