Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Does A Piece Book Mean To You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by *SYNES*TMC!*, Feb 15, 2006.

Share This Page

1. *SYNES*TMC!*

*SYNES*TMC!* Senior Member

I use my piece book for painting I dont put much effort into coloring my piecebook because I already know what the colors are gonna be on the wall.So whats everyones opinion is a piecebook for show or for painting?

2. newk_one

newk_one Senior Member

both ..... i show it to my fellow writing friends and we exchange stuff like this .... most of the stuff i do in my blackbook i dont paint because i simply cant .... but i like to think later ill be able to ....

3. *SYNES*TMC!*

See when I was growing up and bombing I always used my blackbook for pieces because how in the hell can anyone remember how to do a burner without having the blueprints?Now I can do a piece without a outline but in order to get a tight clean piece I always need my blackbook.

4. ASEN

ASEN Banned

:)

5. mano

mano Senior Member

some colored, some black an white. i got two blackbooks of just bombs and almost everyone of them are in color but when i go out i always fuck around and use different colors..

6. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

a lot of famous writers dont even keep a blackbook and "freestyle" all their pieces. shit's wayyy to difficult for me.

i also like to use my blackbook as sort of an auto"graff" book for other writers i meet. most blackbooks i've had have become east-coast passarounds anyway.

7. *SYNES*TMC!*

See I put time into my blackbooks and thats only to fill them with outlines thats it.I got some characters and other things but everypage is made to go up on a wall.All in all I have filled 5 books with nothing but outlines but I have moved alot and 2 of them got lost in the process :angry:

8. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

all of mine are dogged-eared from sketches i've taped in from either doodling in class, sketches given to my from other writers, or photos of paintings or my crew. it's less of a sketch book and more of an overall graffiti book

9. *SYNES*TMC!*

Its funny you say that because I have some that are like that I have some blackbooks that have some sketches stapled in the book and some taped,glued shit I use to have one book from the early 91 that has stapled and other slapped pieces of paper busting out the seams lmao

10. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

:) [/b][/quote]
    dude, my blackbook is for sketching and doing pieces on paper, and for other writers i meet so one day it will be filled with syles and pieces...
    as for painting, i alwaaaaaays do my shit freestyle, have since tha beggining, i would always see people doing it with papers and thier style is simple n e ways, i think its funny, if its your style is yours then you should be able to do it freestyle, most good writers reall writers do it freestyle for many reasons...
    main one, its a personal style, and after adapting it to your brain you can see it before its there, so when i go to a spot i always look at it for a little picture what im going to do then do it... cause shit sometimes theres crazy spots that go up and down sideways whutever, well now im just preaching...
    so my feelings on blackbooks... its all part of da game... its where your work goes.. cant always paint, thats just one level of graffiti... if you only sketched when ya pinted youd never get better unless you paint like everyday...

11. *SYNES*TMC!*

I can promise you I have been painting longer then you have been jerking off kid so dont do that

12. MaNiaK

MaNiaK Elite Member

and its funny you said that, cause i got shit taped and shit in my book... its gives it personality...

13. *SYNES*TMC!*

Sorry but do you speak clear english?What the fuck are you trying to say?

14. FTAG

FTAG Elite Member

Well, i just use my black book for when i feel like sketching, and then i look back on it the next month, and have memorys lol .................. yeh yeh <_< , ive lost like 3 fukin bookie sor spilt tea or shit on em, i have to sketch my piece b4 i paint , but i also make changes while painting it ... ;)

15. *SYNES*TMC!*

I think it takes extra skill to paint with a outline and to get it from paper to a wall or train and thats why alot of toys dont want to do it.But then again I have seen alot of good freestyle pieces

16. FTAG

FTAG Elite Member

yeh same here

17. obsene

obsene Senior Member

a blackbook to me is a place to plan what your going to do when you next go out and paint

18. mike192

mike192 Member

i do both,but mainly black and white for brain stormin purposes

19. *SYNES*TMC!*

It should be a writers labortory (however you spell it) a place where if you want to try something new you do it on paper first.

20. FTAG

FTAG Elite Member

dont go to scientific <--- however u spell tht lol , haha :lol:

ino, tht wont evn funny ffs