Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Community Interview!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duped, Oct 19, 2011.

Share This Page

1. Duped

Duped Member

Hey all, I've been a lurker of this site for a while now and I used to try my hand at writing but I never got past the toy stage since I went on to work on my skills as a bboy and student full time.
    Anyways, I've started up my own clothing brand and long story short...I kinda suck at selling! I started up the brand with selling shirts related to the ideas from the people of the creative section of life (music, art, dance, etc) and I just simply did not put 100% of my heart into doing it. And now here I am trying to start up again but this time I want to change it up. I want to focus SOLELY on the people and to do that I thought the best way would just to ask the people themselves!

So writers of bombingscience what do you say? Would you be willing to answer a couple questions? I would just post the questions here and anybody would be able to answer them and I would take most of the answers and post them up on my brand's blog. Also I would really like to help any artist gain exposure so if you have your own website/portfolio/blog I could also post it along with your answers!

If this is violating any of the forum rules, I wouldn't be offended if the mods took this thread down :\

Here are the questions (you can choose to answer any or all questions).

1) Introduce yourself and how many years you have as a writer.
    2) Your writer's name and how it originated. Explain what the name means for writers in general
    3) How did you first get introduced into writing? How did you learn all the basics (from letter blocks, add-ons, color schemes, tools of trade)?
    4) To the common eye many pieces look the same. How do your pieces separate itself from the rest of the batch? All your artist quirks.
    5) How do you feel about the progression of graffiti? Especially now that the internet is changing how people can see your works and how people can learn.
    6) Any last words? Advice to newbies/toys?

Don't forget to link your own blog/portfolio is you got one!

Thanks a lot guys.
    (I won't post my blog link here until I know it is ok but if mods want to know that im speaking legitimately ill pm them! just ask :D)

2. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

3. ribcage

ribcage Banned

My name is BIGBUBBA, ive been wrtiting for about 4 years, Ive been raping women longer than Ive been writing. I got my name back from my time in san quentin, mostly because of all the dudes a raped in there...

I first got into writing back in third grade when I took a shit in the sink and then started fingerpainting with it, really inspired me to take my art elsewhere.

What makes my peices different, is I dont do the normal style, I smear shit everywhere and then call it a day

The progression of graffiti is great, a lot of cats doin there thang and gettin up. In this day and age theres a ton of diferent sub genres of graffiti, like stencils, and smearing shit everywhere

Advice I have to newbies is quit. Stop coming up, and trying to steal my shit! I THOUGHT OF IT FIRST, SO STOP SMEARING YOUR SHIT ON THE WALLS

4. SkizeR

SkizeR Member

1) Introduce yourself and how many years you have as a writer.
    the name is skizer and i have been writing my real name in block and bubble letters since i was in seventh grade. i actually started doing graffiti in tenth grade when i was introduced to it by my 2 good friends who also still write.
    2) Your writer's name and how it originated. Explain what the name means for writers in general
    the name i write is skizer (as stated above). i originally wrote scake but got busted writing that name so i changed it to skame, then to skire, then to skizer.. it obiously doesnt really mean anything besides the fact that i like starting my names with "sk" :p .. but when people do ask i just say "oh like skies, then er after it".. idfk
    3) How did you first get introduced into writing? How did you learn all the basics (from letter blocks, add-ons, color schemes, tools of trade)?
    also stated above, my 2 friends introduced me to graff in the 10th grade. i learned the basics by just doing the simplest letters over and over and overrrr again till they got just a liiitttle bit more advanced and style added to it. eventually letters just started flowing like water out of a hose :p at first i stole color schemes from my friends but then moved on to my own style and schemes. and all the "tools of the trade" stuff that i know i can thank to bombingscience.com and puregraffiti.com :)
    4) To the common eye many pieces look the same. How do your pieces separate itself from the rest of the batch? All your artist quirks.
    i know exactly why people cant notice a difference in everyones work and thats because everyone either 1) steals their style from someone else, or 2) they have absolutely no flow what so ever. (i hate anything that has no flow!!!!!)
    5) How do you feel about the progression of graffiti? Especially now that the internet is changing how people can see your works and how people can learn.
    its going no where from what ive seen :/ idk about everyone else but with each and every day graff seems more and more dead to me (someone should explain why because i cant)
    6) Any last words? Advice to newbies/toys?
    get up. stay safe. and dont get caught and never give up. you gotta start somewhere and that somewhere is on the bottom. now get your ass to the top!!

heres a piece i got for ya..
    View attachment 616345

5. Dank [TGK]

Dank [TGK] New Member

Q: Introduce yourself and how many years you have as a writer.
    A: i go by dank & ive been drawing for as long as i could remember..i always enjoyed art tho it wasnt till about 10th grade that i actually got into graffiti more seriously..

Q: Your writer's name and how it originated. Explain what the name means for writers in general
    A: i originally first started out writing "krypto" however that didnt last long..one day i was tagging my books or whatever after school while smoking a blunt&couldnt think of something which briefly described me but was also easy&quick to throw up..the only thing on my mind was getting high&as i went to go write krypto, the word dank came out instead&i fell in the love with the way it just flowed&fit well perfectly together..stuck with it ever since.

Q: How did you first get introduced into writing? How did you learn all the basics (from letter blocks, add-ons, color schemes, tools of trade)?
    A: i first got introduced to writing from some kids at school which sat at the lunch table next to mine..the leader of the crew (BDS) was an illegal immigrant which could fucking drawwwww (shout out to bons!) i dug his artistic capabilities so much that eventually i left my friends at my table to sit at the end of his table&draw with him (&the rest of BDS) eventually it went far beyond the mexican warriors i first saw him sketch&into lettering and tags..bons was still on the come up&new to bombing so we shared styles&work off of each other..this turned into an everyday thing, id take the bus back to his house&we would just paint till it got dark, thats when we went inside and broke out the decos&prismas..from what we learned&taught each other i developed my own style as did he..(safe to say hes since then turned into some next level artist)

Q: To the common eye many pieces look the same. How do your pieces separate itself from the rest of the batch? All your artist quirks.
    A: my pieces separate themselves from the rest in the way that my style is like no other..my style is a reflection of my life and the obstacles and all else..my days can be bland&dull but could also be a jubilant&full of excitement..i express myself through my art..one day u may see dark colors on letters which may seem common or maybe one day you may see something with lots of twists and turns&some bright radiant colors..either way my work is always interesting&full of strong emotion which is how im different from others..i dont go with the flow, i create the flow..

Q: How do you feel about the progression of graffiti? Especially now that the internet is changing how people can see your works and how people can learn.
    A: graffiti has definately died down a bit..more&more people claim to be true&real but are far from that..there are way too many toys out there that dont take the time to learn the basics of drawing or tagging before they go out and start scribbling over everything..art is free& i appreciate it for what it is but if u cant draw or tag stay off the streets because thats what makes the walls look ugly nobody cares about your toyish bullshit..another thing is with the internet we have a lot of swagger jackers which is horrible..dont steal my fucking flow because its original & you cant take the time to come up with your own shit..FUCK !!! !! !

Q: Any last words? Advice to newbies/toys?
    A: the only way your gonna get better is by practicing&all it takes is a pen..use your head stop stealing flows&be safe..practice practice practice..dont get to a wall or the streets unless you know what your doing..art is one of the few things in this world left thats free -keep it that way! be safe, stay true, stay up !

shout out to SkiZer & the rest of TGK !

300415_10150274821283014_583768013_7963694_3433501_n.jpg

6. RUOK1

RUOK1 New Member

jesus christ this is the most obvious police trap thread I have seen in my fucking life

"hey guys could you just go ahead and collect all the relevant investigative information about yourself in a single post, with pictures of the crimes you have committed? THANKS!"

7. dmgraff

dmgraff Senior Member

just what i thought^^^

8. Baron

Baron Moderator

Simmer down now, they're not asking for locations, names or addresses.