Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mental Illnesses.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuyGuyer of Guyland, Nov 5, 2011.

Share This Page

1. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

I searched the forum and didn't find anything related to the topic so I figured i'd make a thread for it.

Mental illnesses; schitzophrenia, insomnia, despression, bi-polar, multi-personalities, severe anxioty. Whatever the issue may be, it can be difficult to live with. So here's the place where we can sit back and chat about issues we may be facing. I feel it's always better to tell someone rather than bottle it up, this way you can track your thoughts more effectively and realize if there may be a much more serious problem than you originally thought.

Recently I had a schitzophrenic outburst and I had a lot of evil running through my head, I killed the demon that night but it still ruined my night because I was zoned out in a deep set of dark thoughts. I'm much more susceptable when if I smoke weed or do drugs and it has been proven that drugs can bring out mental illnesses in people who are naturally prone to them. So if there's any tips or anything that people use to keep cases down to a minimum, feel free to share them. I stopped smoking weed for the very most part myself because it's sets me right off the deep end. Apparently with many of these new strains coming out the trichomes arn't fully developed in some manner or another and can bring out mental illnesses on a much more significant level than marjuana once did. I don't get cases of multi-personality disorder or as many audio-hallucinations when I do not smoke weed.

Drinking dosen't seem to give me an issue though.

Anyways, threads here. Use it how you will.

2. Cisco

Cisco Member

dont smoke. biggest tip you can get.
    do physical activity and make lots of friends.

i think a lot of big writers who go out and crush everything in sight are motivated by some sort of mental issue.

3. Tony

Tony Elite Member

after lots of "outbursts" and "arrests" I stopped drinking and have tried to cut back my weed smoking (not an easy task for me).... it seems to be helping a lot. who knows exactly what I've got, ADD for sure, and the doctor says I'm "probably" bipolar and severely depressed... and more than likely schizo too but he doesn't seem to want to say it...

attending counselling and taking some steps to change my life for the better... difficult stuff to go through but the changes are definitely worth it. found I might not be such the big problem I though... blame myself for a lot of things and carry the burden when its actually not my fault or problem at all...

still not a fan of public places though.

4. GuyGuyer of Guyland

Not smoking weed and physical exercise have certainly helped me the most with my shit, and i'm getting a nasty 8-pack and chest while i'm at it. I agree that many writers who go hard as fuck may have some form of mental condition, like Saber said in whatever documentary it was, Infamy I believe. "Every writers gotta be depressed to go out and write on peoples shit." or something along them lines, not gonna research for a post.

Counselling would probably work, I don't see why not. I haven't been too successful when I was younger with counselling but I was still far too angry minded to hear anything out. I wouldn't voluntarily do it though, so court orders would probably do the trick if I were forced to. I'm glad it's doing you well Tony, it's been some time since we've talked. I was gonna send you a message seeing how that has been for you but it slipped my mind. Your doctor may not want to say it because some people, if told something like that, may convince themselves fully they have it and jump off the deep end with it. It could severely bring out conditions if the person were to do this, it is known to happen. I'm not overly fond with chilling with large groups of friends as much these days, I get uncomfortable being in groups of 10 or more when i'm sober, so I will grab the bottle and that will lead me to do cocaine which will lead to outbursts. Being in public spaces is pleasent though as long as i'm by myself or with a few friends.

I also tell myself that any condition I may have is better for my character than if I weren't to have it. That helps me a lot too.

5. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

I don't know if I have a mental illness... I've never gone for help.
    everytime I get pissed off or something... I just drink my ass off and research serial killers (thus my bs name)
    I feel like I should start smoking weed tho.

and like Tony said, I fucking HATE being out in public. I hate being around a lot of people now.

6. RavenousLurker

RavenousLurker Member

Well I suffer from insomnia for sure, cant seem to get much sleep at all. I also get some anxiety, and it got worse in the past year. I dont smoke much anymore because I got a panic attack once (worst shit to have happen while your high, trust) but alchohol really keeps me chill. But just thought Id put in my 2 cents, hope yall can overcome whatever shit your facing, just stay strong.

7. RES4

RES4 Elite Member

people dont want to accept that weed isnt a totally harmless drug, i used to think that to but if you misuse it it can really fuck with your head. fortunately nothing bad has happened to me but i have friends who have been diagnosed with a shit load of mental health problems who all smoked every day. its fine smoking every now and again at parties and that but that shits not good for you if you use it all the time

8. RavenousLurker

RavenousLurker Member

So true man, its all about moderation and finding a balance

9. tortillasoup90

tortillasoup90 New Member

i seem to have a habit of not waking up early. cant sleep for shit, feels like im losing time.

but i love the bud when in need of floating, alcohol when in need of getting brave, and soda for party time. i hope these things wont effect me in the future.

i tell myself i have problems just like everyone else to have peace of mind. but who knows, i feel better when i do good deeds though

10. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

i learned that i have had a personality disorder since age 13. i shut myself in my room out of fear from my stepmom. and within the darkness of my room i found something or someone else. i didnt know at the time but i understand it now. I've never had any help or plan to do so. it's slowly tearing me apart but it's what keeps me together at the time being. i have other priorities to deal with. i was supposed to quit my job and move back home so i can see some help. but doing so meant i had to leave the life i have right now. i cant give this up. i rather enjoy it. it's so that tiny black spot on my brain where the darkness leaks out does what it wills. and i dont give a fuck. i just think i am going to do what makes me happy, i think thats enough help that i can get

and as far as drugs go, i only drink and do opiates. the opiates turn the screaming off in my head. yes i shut it out that way

11. GoreOner

GoreOner Member

Here's my little mental illness story. When I was 12 I got an interest in graff but didn't actually start writing until I was 14. At age 13 I developed an extreme anxiety disorder. I never really smoked or did drugs and I'm not too sure what the trigger of the disorder was. A few weeks into my disorder, I was hospitalized in a mental health treatment centre for threatening suicide. I was in the hospital for about 2 and a half weeks and then was discharged and did fine for a few more years. Then when I was 15 I developed a different mental illness called psychosis, a mental disease where you hear things, hear voices, visually hallucinate, and basically lose interest in living. A month into that illness, I actually attempted suicide by overdosing but I was taken to the hospital and, long story short, I lived and was readmitted into the same mental health treatment centre this time for 3 weeks. A year after I recovered for that incident, I relapsed again into psychosis but was not admitted into a hospital. I was put on medication (which I'm still on today) and slowly recovered (about 2 months) at home. I'm almost 18 now and back in school. All I can say is never give up, and if you have a mental condition, never do drugs, because it can make it worse.

12. Whoa, this thread is deep. I know how much doing bad things like drugs can affect your mentality.

I faced drug addiction badly from the time I was about 15 to the time I was in my early 20s, by 20 yrs old I was an absolute complete mess, unrecognizable. I got completely clean in 2006, no drinking, drugs, cigarettes, anything. Great strides. Time is funny like that, though, and incentives like popularity or girls or social scenes can blur your "vision".

I was in a relationship w/ the most wonderful woman in the world for 3 years and we started talking about seeing other people because things were getting rough....like an idiot I actually did let myself fall into something w/ someone else. I was straight-edge for over 5 years before starting seeing the new person, she used so I relapsed so she would have fun being around me. Using drugs and alcohol fucked up my mentality super bad and I think she forgot why she was interested in me in the first place. So I went from a relationship w/ a godsend of a woman for 3 years to seeing a completely trashy bad influence of a girl for a month or 2 before she blew me off. In all reality I think if I would've tried just being myself the new girl may have respected me a lot more than she did when she saw who I became using. She was a bad person anyway from the get-go.....she was different when she was around people, when it was just us we were head over heels in love, when she was w/ her friends she treated me like garbage.......it sucked so much. I would have never stayed w/ her if my ex had made herself available to me again, but I was scared of being alone, and now that's exactly where I am. Alone and far worse off than before.

I wish so badly I would've stayed true to my beliefs rather than go down that road w/ those type of people again.

Just be yourself and don't try to be something you're not because it will never work if you don't be yourself.

13. Do I have a diagnosis, yes, but I honestly believe that I am by far one of the brightest people out of all of my peers I've met over the years w/ all my heart.

14. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

im exactly the same...aint blazed for 3 1/2 years after 4years of smoking about an oz a week, (and a coupla years casual smokin before that) because of paranoia.....and fears of other mental illness. due to lack of sleep i started having the odd drink to relax me ......woke up this morning wondering whether to go straightedge or not because of the damage drinking nearly every night is doing to my mind...in the last 3 years ive probably been sober about 20 nights...its all getting to me ...thing is i dont want to go teetotal i just dont want to have to drink every night.......i also have a bad gambling problem and have always struggled with some kind of addiction......need to do something..

15. GuyGuyer of Guyland

In terms of addiction, if you have an addictive personality and you have never been able to kick it. Find something healthy worth getting addicted to; a woman, a guy, an education, healthier living, anything to take your mind off negative addictions. My brother is a workout-a-holic and education fiend, but he is healthy minded and is healthy physically. It's good for him, I respect him and so do his peers, he has found his way to deal with his addiction without ruining himself. Sometimes it takes time to realize enough about yourself to find something healthy to become "addicted" to.

Quarters/pennies; perhaps you should live how you lived with that solid girl, just because you arn't with her anymore dosen't mean you should act any different. You seem to have learned a lot with her and if you keep that attitude and mentality that you had with her, then it's much more likely that you will get a woman similar to the mentality to the one you had before or to suit the mentality you have attained. Changing attitudes and personalities on the women you are with seems like a good way to have a rash of emotions and personalities you would probably rather not have nor need. Stay you, act how you enjoy acting; keep what you've learned through this woman you were with for 3 years that you love, fix the stuff you didn't enjoy that may have contributed towards the decline. It sounds like a winning recipe for the next woman.

16. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

I think i might have ADD, thats it. I dont drink, bang, or smoke weed. So im pretty good.

17. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

i think add/adhd is just bullshit made up by the docs to be honest...

18. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

youre a fucking tool trying to act like youre more fucked up then you really are.nice one kurt cobain.

19. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

You're a fucking dumbass. haha

20. secret_squirrel

secret_squirrel New Member