Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Air Brush!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enygm, Jun 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Enygm

Enygm Senior Member

Do you ever tryed air brush?

I bought one last year thinking it was about the same thing as painting with cans but smaller...It is not....there is too much things to think about : getting the good pressure level, the good consistance of paint, the good nibs adjustment, the good distance....and there is always some shit happening when you don't want to

I really think it's too sophisticated...plus I hate washing all of these small parts...

I think i'm too lazy to learn this medium even if it can make really fresh work.

Anyway ... <_< I should have put all this money on cans!

2. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

learning from ur mistakes

3. genome

genome Elite Member

they're nuts
    id put the time in

4. real

real Senior Member

id stick with cans

5. cbc

cbc Senior Member

Sell the air brush, on ebay, or too an art student of sum kind or a school which needs another air brush for art...

6. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

yeah those are expensive ... espececially buying one new and from a retailer ... thats just crazy ... but my friend had bought one from a lady in the paper for real cheap and it came with everything for about a hundred bucks ... and he had bought the extensions for it so he gave them to me all i need is a pump or compressor ... and he's planning on buying a new one and he said he'd give me his ...

woohoo i gots the hook up ...

7. Tony

Tony Elite Member

i guess you didnt try one before you bought it, did you?

8. mano

mano Senior Member

ive have and its nothin like spray paint

9. cyens

cyens Senior Member

too lazy, too complicated??

you know what!

give me your air brush then

10. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

if your talking to me ... then no i didnt buy it ... it was for christmas my friends parents bought him one and he had extra things that went with it that he gave me ... and now he is buying another one and giving me his old one ...

so he is the one thats buying them and im just getting the hand me downs ... lol like always ... :D

11. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

i'm pretty sure an airbrush would make my life way
    better! :rolleyes:

12. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

i so wish i had an airbrush TT__TT wasted some money on a 25$ zellers one. crap. total crap... but wherenever i have some $$ im getting one.

13. ptsone

ptsone Member

i have an airbrush.The whole set up cost me $500 AU but found it difficult to lean.Try using sencils and butter paper with spray adhesive to make what the patternswant then you'll see the real stuf an airbush can achieve.

You can get the best fades imaginable and intricate detail.

:ph34r:

14. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

ptsone is right, this badass tatoo place did what almost all of them do which is put their work on the wall, they did the work with montana, but they finished it with this airbrush with some foriegn name and that was the most detailed work i have ever seen. it took them hours so i aint plannin on usin one for my work.

15. war child

war child Senior Member

airbrush are a different story when it comes to cans, its harder and its hard to keep it clean. I bought one and i got to lazy to use it, its just to hard to keep it clean.U need a lot of practice in order to do some tight shit, i thought it would be easy like drawing w/ a pencil but it was not like that.Fuck airbrushes. :D

16. Tony

Tony Elite Member

if your talking to me ... then no i didnt buy it ... it was for christmas my friends parents bought him one and he had extra things that went with it that he gave me ... and now he is buying another one and giving me his old one ...

so he is the one thats buying them and im just getting the hand me downs ... lol like always ... :D [/b][/quote]
    i was talkign to the guy who started the thread.

17. ptsone

ptsone Member

If u have a steady hand you will be alright. You need to be confident and practice makes perfect. I usually get sidetracked and start bombing up tags instead...lol.I need to get a house so i can bomb up the back wall/garage.

:ph34r:

18. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Ever since I started painting my dad was bugging me about airbrush..."you don't need to buy caps for airbrushes" "you can mix your own paint for airbrushes" stuff like that, so then he got me one for chrismas and I just don't like it. It just feels weird, theres too much to take care of, I keep it around for stencils but I just don't dig it.

19. darkling_stalkr

darkling_stalkr Senior Member

my friend uses an airbrush on a wall in his house , it's friggin crazy, i'll get some pictures and post them

20. HeTaK-cac

HeTaK-cac Senior Member

air brush is fucktop but a good one cost 200$