Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Legal Age To Buy Paint

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by tareme, Jun 20, 2004.

Share This Page

1. tareme

tareme Member

do you have to be a certain age to buy paint ? i know most of you are probably gonna be sayin go steal it and yes, thats what i usually do but i just need to know if there like an legal age or somethin

2. I can tell for one that you don't steal it because you would know that it is completely LEGAL for anyone of any age to get it. Oh, and it may depend on where you live. Here in canada, it is legal at any age. Try different places. Most of them don't care. If they ask you why you want it, just say you're a legal artist, or you're painting a bike or whatever.

3. imported_newz12

imported_newz12 Moderator

There is a lot of places in the US (mostly in cities where there is a graffiti scene) where you have to be 18+ to buy paint. Anyway, just go to a local store and it will be written right in front of the cans if there is a minimum age.

4. glue

glue Elite Member

im not sure but in cali you have to be 18+ and you can get jail time for a first time offence. but in toronto there is no law :D

5. RMA

RMA Elite Member

Some places around here care, K-Mart are bitches about it, Wallmart usualy they'll just ask how old you are and don't want ID. Most of the smaller indipendent stores could give a fuck. But I look like I'm 25 so I usualy don't catch any shit.

6. neurosis

neurosis Senior Member

there is no laws in massachusetts that i know of

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

as long as your not tlaking about bombig no one really cares, if they ask jsut say its for a school project. and anways the started of this topic, how the fuck are we supossed to know where you shop for paint? and even if we did why dont you jsut fucking walkt here and find out. its not like they are going to phone the police if your buying spraypaint. honesty use your head for fucks sake

8. mano

mano Senior Member

at the wal mart near me its 18 whitch sucks cuz they got more colors

9. oblong

oblong Elite Member

wallmart near me no one gives a fuck

10. cbc

cbc Senior Member

no legal age in toronto... and they honestly dont care even if they know you're going to do graff with it, i went to to a department store and i had my binder out and it was covered with graff...

11. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

in Texas i havnt checked all the cities its almost impossible but ... you have to be 18 + to buy it ...

12. genome

genome Elite Member

thats fucked up. here is a gun. spray paint is dangerous.

13. SlickONE

SlickONE Member

i went and bought 18 cans of krylon and all they said to me was have fun..ha :D

14. Ravek

Ravek Elite Member

the good people at Micheals don't give a fuck how old I am becuase ther poor as shit and they need the money to keep ther store open but one time i was on south street in philly for my birthday with my family, I went inside and tyred to buy a blue uni paint, and this old hag asked if i was gonna do graffiti and I said no but she said i have to be 18 or older any way, so my loving mom knowing that i was a writer came and bought the marker for me, that day i told her i was gonna go ride my bike and i forgot my brand new uni paint, and before i left she came out side and said u forgot ur marker, i said o thanx mom! i love telling that story

15. slavetopaint

slavetopaint Member

yeah i guess around where i am, they changed the legal age to buy paint at wal*mart to 18...

16. Tony

Tony Elite Member

there is a by law that says you have to be 18 for part of the city. rest of the city no one gives a shit

17. oblong

oblong Elite Member

there is the one native guy that always works the tils at wallmart when i buy paint and he is pretty old and he always gives me this crazy smile look and he starts laughing and tells me not to get caught
    i think he is on crack

18. Notoroner

Notoroner Senior Member

words there is no age minimum in Toronto....theya re just happy to get money....This art store's income relies on all of the writers in my area

19. shaffer

shaffer Senior Member

lucky canadians. I live in cali and the laws are a bitch but my dad will walk in with me to buy paint so its cool.

20. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

18 most places, but for me its not cause of writing, cause of ass's huffin an shit, they just passed a law for 18 and older to buy ducktape, how the hell do you smoke ducktape :p