Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Disposing of Empty Paint Cans

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by HipsterPunks, Dec 22, 2011.

Share This Page

1. HipsterPunks

HipsterPunks Senior Member

hey doods, anyone know where you can get rid of empty paint cans? i have over 70 empties in my back yard and they cant be recycled or thrown out, i took them to the dump and the guy said he cant take them because they are hazardous. Anyone else having issues with this? Help please, i want to be eco friendly about this so "dumping them on the side of I95" wont help me fellas. Thanks

2. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

"Contact your local municipal office for specific diposal guidelines in your region." Says it right on the label, if you have like a hazardous waste center or yearly round up then those are the people you need to find if you looking to be "eco friendly".

3. aiko

aiko Senior Member

take them to the god damn bottle depot

4. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

haha

5. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

I tagged my local bottle depot...

6. aiko

aiko Senior Member

well you done fucked up now son

7. HipsterPunks

i finally found the bottle depot to take them to, funny thing is the fucking place is covered in graffiti. I literally dumped 3 garabge bags filled with ironlak, molotow, etc artist paint. You have to tell them what your dumping and show them your license to prove you live in the area. Am i slipping by doing this? they gotta be pissed at all the graff around them, and they could easily write my info down and tell the cops. Maybe im just paranoid. . . but the guy was looking through my bags shaking his head when i was driving off

8. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

fuck um... its not what u know its what u can prove.... if u get arrested ull know who to target at least hah

9. TCV

TCV Member

cut a hole in them and crush them. keep em all and turn em in for scrap metal

10. anroe

anroe Senior Member

throw em in the sewer, fuck bein eco freindly bro

11. HipsterPunks

Seriously, the worlds ending in less than a year anyway

12. AstoK

AstoK Member

if they take your deets and stuff they cant prove that you use the paint illegally. i do plenty of legal work.. hell, i make a living using spraypaint as my choice of medium. i still rock illegal work but they cant arrest you unless they have proof that you use the paint illegally

13. aiko

aiko Senior Member

where are you from hipster? here in van, they dont ask a single thing, just tell me to throw it in the corner and be gone, even sometimes toss me a few cans of half empty paint. they can take down your details by all means, but have no right whatsoever to call the police, and if it did come to that, unless you were caught in the act they have no means to arrest you. i doubt anything will come of it, but if it does, just deny, deny, deny, because you havent broken any laws by being a good citizen and recycling your used art supplies. keep a couple canvas' kicking around if you are worried, nothin illegal about that.

14. Walt

Walt Senior Member

wipe them down to get rid of prints and off they go to the closest dumpster

15. aiko

aiko Senior Member

are you stupid?

16. R3bel1995

R3bel1995 Senior Member

Its not like the pigs are going to call the csi to wipe for prints on used spray cans.that's dumb. Just toss the cans into a dumpster, it's not that hard.

17. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

I throw them on to the road and let people run them over its prety entertaining , espeicaly when they get some splatter on there ride.

18. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

Just find a dumpster and throw them in. Same thing i do with all my garbage i dont know what to do with. Let somebody else deal with it. lol

19. aiko

aiko Senior Member

Killin it.

20. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member