Home     Graffiti Shop     Forum
Earn / Redeem Credits
Page 413 of 923 FirstFirst ... 313363393403408409410411412413414415416417418423433463513913 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 18445

Thread: Markers

  1. #8241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SEVEN ONE FOUR
    Posts
    185
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    lol nah im sayin everyones so buisy lookn at the walls and flickn the rooftops that they dont think to look on the ground..

  2. #8242

    Default

    I read a few pages back about envelope moisteners from Staples, and figured I'd get one and try it out.

    Needless to say when I found this, I was a bit disappointed. No cap to be found, the sponge sucked ass, and the thing practically exploded ink on me when I first tried it out. So I did a bit of experimentation, and came up with a fairly decent, pocket-sized mop. Here it is:



    The first thing I did with it was rip off the foam and the little piece of cardboard it was sitting on. (I think that damn cardboard is what caused the major flooding in the first place...)

    Next, I ripped up an old t-shirt(since I have no felt to work with around here.) and rolled it up, stuffing it into the neck of the thing.



    Once I saw I could get the clear-ish piece on like a cap, I filled the fucker with water and shook it around like a drunk would shake a baby. Not a single leak, anywhere. I even squeezed it and shook it, not a drop got anywhere, so this thing is relatively safe to carry around in your pocket. If anyone's curious about a size comparison, here it is next to a Pentel White.



    There you go. A nice, portable, 2 oz. mop you can get for free. All you need are deep pockets and an old shirt. Or felt, if you're not a lazy-ass like me.

    Oh, and before I forget, the new 'cap' has a tiny hole in it, so I just covered it with a piece of electrical tape. Better safe than sorry, right? Also, don't tighten the cap on too tight, or you'll end up pushing the nib right into the bottle. I'm trying to work out how to fix that, but for now, only tighten it down until you feel a little resistance.

    Enjoy.

  3. #8243
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    I read a few pages back about envelope moisteners from Staples, and figured I'd get one and try it out.

    Needless to say when I found this, I was a bit disappointed. No cap to be found, the sponge sucked ass, and the thing practically exploded ink on me when I first tried it out. So I did a bit of experimentation, and came up with a fairly decent, pocket-sized mop. Here it is:



    The first thing I did with it was rip off the foam and the little piece of cardboard it was sitting on. (I think that damn cardboard is what caused the major flooding in the first place...)

    Next, I ripped up an old t-shirt(since I have no felt to work with around here.) and rolled it up, stuffing it into the neck of the thing.



    Once I saw I could get the clear-ish piece on like a cap, I filled the fucker with water and shook it around like a drunk would shake a baby. Not a single leak, anywhere. I even squeezed it and shook it, not a drop got anywhere, so this thing is relatively safe to carry around in your pocket. If anyone's curious about a size comparison, here it is next to a Pentel White.



    There you go. A nice, portable, 2 oz. mop you can get for free. All you need are deep pockets and an old shirt. Or felt, if you're not a lazy-ass like me.

    Oh, and before I forget, the new 'cap' has a tiny hole in it, so I just covered it with a piece of electrical tape. Better safe than sorry, right? Also, don't tighten the cap on too tight, or you'll end up pushing the nib right into the bottle. I'm trying to work out how to fix that, but for now, only tighten it down until you feel a little resistance.

    Enjoy.
    AMAZING first post....you will go far, my child....
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  4. #8244

    Default

    Heh, thanks. I've been lurking for a while, waiting for the other toys to ask the questions for me. I figure the best way to get into graff is to read up first, ask questions later.

    After all, I've seen what you guys can do to toys like me. o.O;

  5. #8245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    Heh, thanks. I've been lurking for a while, waiting for the other toys to ask the questions for me. I figure the best way to get into graff is to read up first, ask questions later.

    After all, I've seen what you guys can do to toys like me. o.O;
    Haha...naw man, im the Lord of T&T! Trust me....ill answer any of your questions....no matter HOW stupid/toy....ask anybody else on me....
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  6. #8246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    483
    Credits
    2
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    yea razors teh best. ive never seen him get on a toy or not defend a toy if someone else was gettin on them. after all we were all beginners before we were great. any questions are good here.
    sunny side for life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladie.salo View Post
    this boy knows what he's talking about... for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJill View Post
    Woah, Sable's hot.
    I collect art. if you paint canvas's and you want to sell, hit me up with pics of your work. i pay cash for good art.

  7. #8247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ##sable## View Post
    yea razors teh best. ive never seen him get on a toy or not defend a toy if someone else was gettin on them. after all we were all beginners before we were great. any questions are good here.
    Co-Signed.......
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  8. #8248

    Default

    Well, if that's the case, then I do have a question for you guys...

    Once I start using felt for my nibs, do I have to get the felt off of chalkboard erasers? Or can I get get a sheet or two from Michaels? Is there a big difference between the two? I'm planning on experimenting a lot more with the envelope moistener mops, so I want a lot of options to choose from.

  9. #8249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    Well, if that's the case, then I do have a question for you guys...

    Once I start using felt for my nibs, do I have to get the felt off of chalkboard erasers? Or can I get get a sheet or two from Michaels? Is there a big difference between the two? I'm planning on experimenting a lot more with the envelope moistener mops, so I want a lot of options to choose from.
    Well....chalkboard eraser felt seems to work the best....i wouldnt use sheet felt....a good nib would be a sponge wish a sock wrapped over the top of it.... ....if you need further instructions on that...IM me...Psyked123
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  10. #8250

    Default

    Hm... I never thought to use sponge. The sock is to make sure it doesn't get torn to hell, right? I'll have to give that a try.

    Also, my current t-shirt nib doesn't seem to flow too well. Maybe I rolled it up too tight, I was wondering if I should bother poking holes in it, or just make a new nib. I'll have to get a hold of some of that felt, though, I know it'll work better than the shirt. Thanks for the help, I'll post my results after I experiment a bit more.

  11. #8251
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    483
    Credits
    2
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    yea i think, was it razor? i think so, came up with an idea to use a sponge wrapped up in a t shirt with a straw to get the ink into the nib. ingenious. if it wasn razor then kudos to whoever did make teh idea.
    sunny side for life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladie.salo View Post
    this boy knows what he's talking about... for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJill View Post
    Woah, Sable's hot.
    I collect art. if you paint canvas's and you want to sell, hit me up with pics of your work. i pay cash for good art.

  12. #8252

    Default

    Wait, seriously? That's some McGyver shit there.
    Is there a tutorial on it? Or is it pretty straightforward enough that I can figure it out on my own?

  13. #8253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    Wait, seriously? That's some McGyver shit there.
    Is there a tutorial on it? Or is it pretty straightforward enough that I can figure it out on my own?
    Take a sponge....cut a strip as wide as your thumb, and roll it up to find the perfect fit so it fits PRETTY snuggly into the opening...now, hold it in the rolled position....cut a piece of straw like 1 cm long...make a small hole in the center of the sponge....this will be the bottom of the nib....and make sure it doenst pierce into the other side....now stick the straw into that hole....then take some sock, a big circular piece....and place it on top of the nib (opposite side of straw) and cut it so the sock covers the whole top and sides of the sponge...but goes like 2 mm down past the sides of the sponge...now super glue/tape the sock like that....done! Now, put that in the nib opening of selected container, and leave it sticking out the top a little bit so you can actually write with it....then superglue it into the opening....done!
    Last edited by RaZoR123; 08-13-2007 at 02:23 AM.
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  14. #8254

    Default

    Ah, I see. I'll give that a try. It's good that the envelope moisteners are cheap and easy to get, I don't have to worry about fucking up too bad. Thanks for the tips, I'll mess around with some stuff tomorrow and post what I got.

  15. #8255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    Ah, I see. I'll give that a try. It's good that the envelope moisteners are cheap and easy to get, I don't have to worry about fucking up too bad. Thanks for the tips, I'll mess around with some stuff tomorrow and post what I got.
    Cool cool...Try that nib thing and post results!..
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  16. #8256

    Default

    I will. I'll also try mixing up some ghetto krink to use in it. I should be able to find everything already here at the house, I'll post pics with the results.

  17. #8257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nowhere, Illinois
    Posts
    371
    Credits
    0
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zato View Post
    I will. I'll also try mixing up some ghetto krink to use in it. I should be able to find everything already here at the house, I'll post pics with the results.
    Sounds good to me!
    ----->RaZoR<-----

  18. #8258
    Rogue
    Guest

    Default

    Yeah Razor take all the credit!





    But so this post isn't me crying to Razor, I'm getting a mop from Smooth that has a pump system. Crazy shit right? Should be here soon.

  19. #8259

    Default

    craft felt is my friend.
    you can always find a use for it in a marker.
    folded up for solid soft nibs,
    or you can use 1-3 layers to replace mini mops/ bingo styled nibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BizerkIZ View Post
    if i was touched by sk8ter6 i would orgasm instantly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet View Post
    sk8ter6's mix was a little pimped out with some shit most kids don't use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olick View Post
    i still keep forgetting your black hahah jp. im mexican so im alowed to say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by inpho_211 View Post
    i didn't even know they bombed over there..wait i knew they bombed over there i just didn't know they tagged over there..ha..

  20. #8260
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    483
    Credits
    2
    Earn / Redeem Credits

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Yeah Razor take all the credit!
    like i said i dont whos idea it was. but i do give kudos to whichever one of yall did think it up. um this is teh markers thread, so has anyone tried teh otr circle tip yet?
    sunny side for life.

    Quote Originally Posted by ladie.salo View Post
    this boy knows what he's talking about... for real.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJill View Post
    Woah, Sable's hot.
    I collect art. if you paint canvas's and you want to sell, hit me up with pics of your work. i pay cash for good art.


 

Similar Threads

  1. What Are The Best Markers
    By oneshokid in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 427
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:39 AM
  2. Otr Markers
    By KaRkUs in forum Tools and tips
    Replies: 1085
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 12:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back Top