Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RESULTS - Bombing Science Sketch Battle (Jan 2012)

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by newz12, Feb 6, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Staff Member
    newz12

newz12 Administrator

On behalf of Ironlak and Bombing Science we would like to thank everyone who submitted a sketch for the battle. We received a lot of amazing entries which made picking a winner super tough. Everyone gave it their best but the following three winners really nailed it.

KEM5

DR ROSS.jpg
    #1 Dr.Ross came through with this face melter, perfect letter structure with just the right amount of connections and details.

sekte.jpg
    #2 Sekte- Take away all the background and these letters still burn on their own. Nothing beats simplicty with a touch of style, I would be hyped to see this as a track side.

EDWIN.jpg
    #3 Edwin- Killing it with the straight bar connection its hard to not like this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks to all who sent in a submission! Here's a Flickr set with all the sketches: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21006402@N02/sets/72157629128888585/

2. 2NDR8

2NDR8 Member

congrats to all winners!

3. MTK

MTK Senior Member

sooooo fresh... all of them just kill it.

4. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

5. Jader

Jader New Member

Well I'll keep trying congrats to all that win... See u in the next battle

6. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

congrats on a killer battle

7. posher

posher Senior Member

Awesome battle and kemz deff picked a dope top 3! Cheers to everyone involved, lets do another one please!!!!!! :D

8. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

Dr.Ross, pick the next word :p

9. iamwhat

iamwhat New Member

i think that the second and the third skethes are mmuch better that the first one. personally i dont even understand how the first one was choosen, imho

10. mrWYRE

mrWYRE New Member

11. ~~KD~~

~~KD~~ Senior Member

ye me too !

12. unkleone

unkleone New Member

13. posher

posher Senior Member

I kinda agree, the letters on the first one are a lil off IMO for example, I don't like how the "a" is like twice as big as the other letters kinda fucks the flow up for me, but I will say that regardless of that he still beat my entry so awesome work, oh and I love the color choices on that one aswell

14. Caleb

Caleb Member

Great job to the winners... I have to a hater though. Guessing some of the others were too complex for KEM5? I know there were a couple other experienced writers out there who put some time into the concept and development. To say that a style with less development, wins due to its "simplicity" even though it could be overlooked as a lack in skill level... not saying it is, I'm just a lil butt hurt. I understand the battle was to be judged on "simple letter structure." I should have simplified my concept and artwork... I'll move on now again good job to the winners. I'll repost my entry for reference. 426727_2880796392088_1625405826_2482632_1330744772_n.jpg

15. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Too complex for Kem5? Bit of a reach man.

[​IMG]

Kem knows what he's doing. Not hating, your entry is straight steeze, but he did want a simpler letter structure. Good looks to the winners!

16. nerko

nerko Member

17. iamwhat

iamwhat New Member

nerko no it is not better...
    Caleb better just move on, the sketch is not that good, plus it was sad... simple letters.

im sure that kemr knows what he is doing, a respected writer with style and skillz/ but still i think that the 1 sketch is not worthy. no hate

18. nerko

nerko Member

yes i know, that was only my personal opinion ;)
    kemr knows what he is doing...but it's normal that everyone has a personal opinion :D

19. Caleb

Caleb Member

This battle was a great way for me to get motivated, but with the results as they are I think I will just consider Bombing Science a stepping stone and keep climbing. When I get a website up I'll make sure I send it towards the BS community. props to all you writers trying to make it on BS.

20. amec

amec New Member

You killed it man nice piece and i like the details in the art work nice job.