Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Paint Questions

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Serris, Jun 21, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Serris

Serris Member

ok, how do i fix this problem, when i spray it doesnt spray out clean but in these beads or dropletsand its really shitty looking, Do i shake longer? is it the surface? and also it only really happens to lighter shades, like whitre and yellows, and occasionally some reds. help, and what are some techniques to not make it run

2. neurosis

neurosis Senior Member

point the cap into your mouth, suck on it and give it a little spray
    it should clear up

3. esaem

esaem Senior Member

I thought forums were supposted to be helpful.

I dont know serris, just get some new paint.

4. neurosis

neurosis Senior Member

no really.... shake for a few minutes... like 2 or 3... does this happen on every single can you try?

5. Tony

Tony Elite Member

its the cap.

6. Serris

Serris Member

wtf are you being serious?

no not all cans, darker colors and shades like blues and black are nice, solid, and clean

but lighter shades look very shitty and dont show up well, and i know you have to do layers in some cases but this is very back looking

7. Serris

Serris Member

yeah i think it is to, im buying new caps and what not right now

8. shaffer

shaffer Senior Member

what kinda cans are they? and also you're not using the same caps on the darker colors obviously right?

9. Thief

Thief Senior Member

Try other brands too

10. ALGAE

ALGAE Senior Member

It could be that I put a hex on yellow paint, so that it would be the worst paint in exsistence. Ugh, yellow paint is shit.

11. Serris

Serris Member

ok harry potter:p

12. "awesome"ONE

"awesome"ONE Elite Member

It's most likely the caps but it could also be that maybe as your painting your pushing the cap at an angle slightly, that can also cause that.

13. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

im pretty sure its the cap. its either clogged or clogged. i dont bother with soaking caps in thinner too much anymore, when the cap is through i just take it off the can and throw it

14. Bounce

Bounce Member

1) the cap is not seated on the can nozzle all the way
    2) the cap is to big for the can
    3) the cap is clogged
    4) low can presure

take your pick

15. ILL

ILL Elite Member

yeah that happend to me tha other day but i think it might be tha brand but one you could try is painters touch

16. sice1

sice1 Senior Member

yyyeeaahhhh!!!! okkk!!! wwwhatt!!!!

17. KaMIKaZE-AK

KaMIKaZE-AK Member

i had the same prob with some paint i had a while ago, it turned out to be the brand...shit brand shit paint, shaking helps a lil but its easyer to buy good quality paint.

18. RoboaShi

RoboaShi Senior Member

what brand were you using if you still find that you still arent getting clean lines with a new cap and you have shaken the can for 4 minutes try rubbing a small amount of paint thinner round the female part of the can. As paint drips on the can cause the cap not to fit right and you will get wank lnes.
    peace.

19. smer

smer Senior Member

ive got a question...
    if i do a background with a roller how long does it take to dry before i can do the piece over it

20. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

depends on the paint. i think you just wait until its dry enough that you can touch it without making a huge mess, bunt i have never really done it.
    but to increase drying times, you can use japan dryer or paint thinner on oil paints, and floetrol (latex paint thinner) on latex paint instead of water.
    those dude who paint apartments with those wagnor-type sprayers for a living use floetrol and mix it like 15-20% of the total mixture. it makes the paint cover more and dry super fast.

and one often overlooked way to reduce drips is to spray from far away from the wall (5-10 inches or so) your lines will be softer, but once you get used to controlling cans from a distance and maintaining that distance its a godsend. plus otherwise its hard as hell (for me ) to get fat lines with any rusto products unless using german caps

when i spray from 8 inches or so i can get 3 inch lines with painters touch and a pink dot, and i never could before.

and then you can move your hand slower to be more accurate if you spray from farther away, like if you want to have your outline and fill match up correctly on throws.

pressure dumping is pretty sweet too, i have heard.
    i almost never do it, but i have qa few cans of rusto fblack and theyre on their last legs as far as pressure, but they still have alot of paint in them ( i clean my caps alot) so i can get real accurate lines from close up with few drips because the pressure is practically gone

nobody is going to read this