Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shading Questions

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by MAC504, Mar 4, 2006.

Share This Page

1. MAC504

MAC504 Member

Ok, first off im a fuckin toy..and this is the TOOLS AND TIPS section, so dont bitch at me for what is prolly gunna be a *newbie* question for yall people who been doin' this for a long time.

First off, i got a long art background and all that so i know all about art and shading, etc. I just got into graf like 2 weeks ago and i was lookin for some tips on filling in your outline. What is the proper technique so that the paint wont glob, drip, and look like pure shit. How do u get it smooth and even all throughout?

And i kno yall say experiment and shit, and i have been. . . I just need a technique to point me in the right direction. Like, the motion of the spray stroke, prefered cap to use, etc... just some basic info guys to get me started.

thanks if u can help.

and dont be an ass i kno im a toy lol ;)

2. joker00

joker00 Elite Member

good can control works...type of paint helps and 4 technquie its up 2 .u......... this is what i have learned

3. MAC504

MAC504 Member

so do you just make quick, sweeping motions to get a good cover, then just sweep over that layer to get the paint coverage you want? like when ur fillin in an outline.

4. Paint Magic

Paint Magic Elite Member

5. DynamiteBoy

DynamiteBoy Senior Member

to prevent blobs and drips dont keep your can in the same spot. you should make the fill first then go over it to make the outline.

6. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

youve got the basic idea of it down, but we cant show you over the internet how to fill something in, you gotta go do it man

Peace

7. MAC504

MAC504 Member

yea man i kno what yall is sayin. ima go try some of that out later... peace

8. Enemy

Enemy Elite Member

9. MAC504

MAC504 Member

tight man, thanks for the help ;)

10. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

11. MAC504

MAC504 Member

damn this page is tight...thanks man

12. screw_loose

screw_loose Elite Member

tot blackbook thread. close.

13. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

tot blackbook thread?.....tot blackbook is for sketch questions, hes talking about paint, as a tip, in the tools and tips sections, you get a rush out of saying close or something? smh.

14. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

I was thinking the same thing.... you never have anything good say..

its up to the mods to close something or not

15. MUSASHI

MUSASHI Elite Member

Screw man why you gotta be such an effing pessimist?

16. SpLiTbomber

SpLiTbomber Elite Member

screw loose is just a post whore its ok

but can control is definatly the key
    dont paint 2 much in 1 spot or u get drips
    paint 2 little and its guna b c throu
    paint fast and ull get thinner lines
    and use dif caps (fat/skins)

17. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

so do you just make quick, sweeping motions to get a good cover, then just sweep over that layer to get the paint coverage you want? like when ur fillin in an outline. [/b][/quote]
    Depends on the cap son--Pink dots and caps without the plastic limitor in the hole where the paint comes out--only requires one fast ass sweep over--cuts down on time and everything--only problem is you need a thin to hit up a touch up to make it look completely filled---and drips are bitches too--but you can throw shit up inna instant.

But yes you have it right for making quick sweeps...im just being retarded n getting technical ;)

18. spaz65

spaz65 Member

You could let it drip so you have some good drip FX.

19. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

i dont believe you have a long art backgorund...because its not hard to figure out you just fill it in...spray pant goes on flat so unless you load it up and go real slow its not gunna drip easily

20. MAC504

MAC504 Member

i definetly do have a long art background... been doin art since i could hold a pencil. Im just new to graffiti... ive never used spray paint to make art before, so yea, im not familiar with the techniques... so of course i would have questions to find out how to use it. But yea, anything from charcoal, graphite portraits, clay, pastel, pretty much anything... just wanna expand my horizons wit graf. I was just lookin for some good techniques to help... dont mean i dont kno about art...