Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Weekly Handstyle Battle - BOUNTY

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by NouveauP, Mar 14, 2012.

Share This Page

?

Vote!

Poll closed Mar 21, 2012.
  1. phake

30.4%
  2. GoreOner

7.1%
  3. WGONE

7.1%
  4. Spare

55.4%
  1. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

2. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

3. HipsterPunks

HipsterPunks Senior Member

Because of the perfect cursive? I learned cursive in 5th grade

4. REAL_LYFE_MIKE

REAL_LYFE_MIKE Banned

Yep you got me. 5th grade though, seems a little late no?

5. vandalsnvagabonds

vandalsnvagabonds Member

6. phake187

phake187 Member

mine is as much basic cursive as the others are basic blockletters (i learned that even before cursive) or just random handwriting with arrows and stars. and for me its about handstyle and not just the standard stereotype graffiti taggstyle. handstyle for me is about flow, solid letters and stuff like that. you know the writer FAUST? you probably would call his stuff cursive too... but whatever i had a lot of different more "standard" styles but i liked this one the most and it happened to be connected so you could call it cursive...

7. 0nly10fmikind

0nly10fmikind Senior Member

Spare's is raw as fuck...

8. HipsterPunks

HipsterPunks Senior Member

im well versed on sure and faust, they have pretty much trademarked that style, also

View attachment 622480

View attachment 622481

looks nothing like simple script, dont forget this is a "handstyle" battle, i dont think writing cursive has anything to do with style, not hating i just would like to see your "influence" on the word,

9. phake187

phake187 Member

yeah but i mean something like that which is just cursive and they do it a lot... but forget about it its all good ...next time something different

have a nice day

Attached Files:

10. buttqueef

buttqueef Senior Member

That "b" in spares is fuckin awesome

11. cooldawg

cooldawg Senior Member

yeah but man if your usin that as your handstyle entry than my girlfriend would burn you
    i think cursives good to see on walls because its something nice and different from what you usually see graffiti wise, not because its something especially amazing to do

also spare gets the vote, likin that y

12. phake187

phake187 Member

in my oppinion there is definitely a difference between what i did and what any girl would produce to make something look "pretty" in her yearbook and really good cursive calligraphy is nothing easy just because everyone learns a cursive writing style in school which only has the purpose to be "readable". even if somebody has a nice handwriting it doesn't mean that he has any clue about calligraphy or letterstructures in general and is able to switch his style and deform or even just stretch the letters and still keeping his nice handwriting. for me its about perfection of angles, spaces ,proportions, flow and the overall control of the letters in any size or form i want. and i mean im not saying im anywhere near perfection but i don't think your girlfriend has any clue about these things because she uses her writing just as a tool and not as a form of art or selfexpression. so yeah i think what i did is cursive but definitely with a "tagg-touch" to it with the sharp edges and the B is definitely Graffiti.
    and im not pissed or anything i just think everyone should be open minded and not just dismiss stuff thats not typical graffiti just because they dont see the beauty of it. im just obsessed with letters in any form or style and i think thats what WRITING is all about ......

have a nice weekend

13. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

phake use a chizel tip next time a little flair here and there would set that handstyle off ... ppl on the net are gonna critique thats why we are all here to learn and develop. To each their own some will dig it some wont..... but spare gmv on this 1

14. Walt

Walt Senior Member

who cares if its cursive, its executed better than all the others

15. boer412

boer412 New Member

16. Stolyn

Stolyn Member

Spare...dope B...a little crowded in the middle, but super cool. Got my vote for sure. It may be time for a fresh marker too...just sayin.

17. Nozirev

Nozirev Senior Member

I like the half dead markers...shows that it was done cleanly with speed and no hesitation