Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Weekly Sketch Battle (Toy) - DAZE

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by NouveauP, May 1, 2012.

Share This Page

?

First split in a while

Poll closed May 8, 2012.
  1. DAZEL

15.6%
  2. Frizone

6.7%
  3. P4Nda

8.9%
  4. dyer

40.0%
  5. cooldawg

28.9%
  1. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

2. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

My votes on Dazel cause i like the idea and potential for the style. You just need to take your time, homie. Clean up your work a little and make sure your lines have a purpose. Also on your hand style you might wanna make it a little more legible, i used to know a guy who had a very similar style and when done right its sick.

P4ANDA and friz keep hitting them books and burning ink. Practice is the no.1 key to this.

Dyer, only thing about your sketch the letters are too woven into each other, kinda looses the word and makes not stand out as much.

Cooldawg, keep practicing you're headed in a good direction.

3. DAZEL

DAZEL Member

i kno im new here but stop riding your freinds nuts and vote for the best wich is me

4. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

lol I can't tell if you're that into yourself or just being funny.

5. cooldawg

cooldawg Senior Member

no he really does think hes that good, you should have seen the messages he sent me in preparation for the battle we had

6. cooldawg

cooldawg Senior Member

and also most guys here voted for themselves, i mean really guys?

7. P4NDA

P4NDA Member

I think cooldawg's piece has a lot of potential. I like it.

8. P4NDA

P4NDA Member

It just seems like in this forum in general, if you don't Wildstyle - you're dubbed as a toy. More than 2/3 of the people in the 'Advanced' sector of the DAZE battle are more toy-like than some of the people on here, a lot of the pieces look like something made off of graffitimaker. I've always preferred and appreciated an original style over something that's been done a hundred times before. The pieces submitted, the kind of stuff people say about one another, the talentless marked as advanced while real talent and originality is considered 'toy' really shows what kind of people actually get on here.

9. kwu

kwu Senior Member

^quit whining ya little bitch lol

10. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

wow. Dazel if you think yours is even close to the best you are completly delusional. DYER all the way!

11. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

You' re right to a certain point. I've seen a lot of peopl here jocking someone simple cause of the coloring they do or
    Whatever they do to their piece to stand out. You're right but you're also wrong. A toy is easily spot on their ability to control their lettering and their understanding shapes and lines. Just cause someone has a unique style or they can color doesn't make him a pro. Its just practice that makes you able to develop your styles and letters.
    Thats cool you got your own uniqueness but if you cant master simple letters and handstyles, how are you going to be able to make your style into something good and also legible. If you really wanna be a good writer you gotta be good in all fields from hand styles to bombs to pieces.
    And you have to be able to be honest with yourself and accept when you're shit still aint good. You gotta be your hardest critic and you can NEVER be satisfied. Cause the day you're satisfied is the day you're done.

12. SkizeR

SkizeR Member

Perfectly said bugs.. And Dazel, stfu. Please just stfu. You think yours is good? It looks like a shitty version of one of those gay tribal tattoos from the 90s. Toy ass bitch

13. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

Now that you said that it does look like the tattoo that wrestler Goldberg has.

14. P4NDA

P4NDA Member

bugs-one, you're right.

15. Walt

Walt Senior Member

dyer- its clean, but you need to work on making your letters not intertwine so much. and try to tone it down on the extensions, it makes it hard to see where your letters are. the e is good.
    dazel- clean it up and work on your personality; noone likes a bitch
    p4nda and friz- SIMPLES
    cool dawg- getting much better, like the direction your style is going.

bugs is right, you need to be able to do everything really well to be considered a good writer