Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

American Tour Guide Wanted - Help Yer Old Pal Chenzo Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C H E N Z O, May 20, 2012.

Share This Page

1. C H E N Z O

C H E N Z O Elite Member

Right troops, I am spreading my wings and coming over to invade your mighty country next thursday. I will be over for a month and am wanting some insider information about shite i should be doing and places i should be visiting.

i know about all the usual tourist gash so im more interested in some off the beaten track stuff.

my primary interest will probably be drinking, so good bars and club recommendations are welcome. im also interested in places to eat. any other shite i should go and see is also beneficial - non tourist attractions, points of interest and graff related areas.

advice on how to avoid getting a cap popped in my ass is also welcome, cheers.

places im needing info for:

Boston, New York, Miami and Los Angeles.

Thank you and goodnight, much love.

2. Baron

Baron Moderator

Try some American craft brews. It has come to my attention that, for the majority of Europeans, the only American beer they're exposed to is Bud, Coors and other shitty brands.

Looking up at the buildings is a sure-fire way to out yourself as a tourist. Also, all of the places you're going are going to be crazy packed this time of year, just so you know.

3. SkizeR

SkizeR Member

for graff related spots your going to want to check out 5 points in NYC and Venice beachs legal walls in LA.

4. shipping2cn

shipping2cn New Member

Save Up To 50% on shipping to Canada

Get a FREE quote for Shipping to/from Canada
    1 - Shipping to Canada - How long will it take?
    2 - Shipping to Canada - Methods & Types of Shipments
    3 - Shipping to Canada - What you should not Ship
    4 - Shipping to Canada - Insurance
    5 - Shipping to Canada - Canadan Ports, Issues & Fees
    6 - Shipping to Canada - Import Customs
    7 - Shipping to Canada - Quote
    1 - Shipping to Canada - How long will it take?
    Shipping a container to Canada can take between 3 to 4 weeks. Although this is a relatively short amount of time, you may need to wait up to another two weeks just to pass customs. So the total amount of time the shipping to Canada may take is between 5 to 6 weeks. The exact amount of time in transit for shipping to Canada depends on a number of items, some of which may be completely out of control. For example:

* The weather forecast.
    * Is the date of your shipment during or near national holidays?
    * Are you shipping an entire container or sharing (consolidating)?
    * Are you shipping to Canada by air or by sea?
    * From which city of origin are you shipping to Canada?
    * Are the port workers on strike?
    * Other rare and unpredictable events.
    * Shipping to Canada by air generally takes 6 to 12 days door to door.

Transit times for shipping to Canada by sea can be estimated by using the following chart:
    Origin Time in Transit Private Container Time in Transit Consolidated Container
    Great Britain 2-3 weeks 6-7 weeks
    France 2-3 weeks 6-8 weeks
    Mediterranean Ports 3-4 weeks 7-8 weeks
    Northern Europe 3-4 weeks 6-7 weeks
    Southern Europe 2-3 weeks 5-6 weeks
    Eastern Europe 4-5 weeks 6-8 weeks
    North America (West Coast Departure) 1-2 weeks 1-2 weeks
    North America (East Coast Departure) 1-2 weeks 1-2 weeks
    South America 3-6 weeks 4-5 weeks
    China 4-6 weeks 7-9 weeks
    Japan 5-7 weeks 8-10 weeks
    South Korea 4-6 weeks 6-9 weeks

Get a FREE quote for Shipping to/from Canada

5. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

I don't know all that much about Boston, somebody else could tell you better, but I've been there a couple times. As far as graffiti is concerned, theres a lot of tracks running through the city, and the tracksides have a lot of graffiti I've noticed.

Like I said I haven't been around much, but Massachusetts Ave. in Cambridge is pretty cool, lots of bars I think. Theres a place called the Middle East where they do hip-hop shows, all kinds of shows I guess, its got a cool bar. Take the Red Line train to Central Square I think (someone could verify?).

BTW I like the shot of City of God in your signatures, a favorite film. Good luck!