Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Should Religeon be involved with graffiti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Z3BRA, May 29, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

Over the past I have seen lots of these. Like "Jesus saves" stickers and things like that. What do you think?

2. Baron

Baron Moderator

It doesn't matter if it is or isn't, it's still graffiti.

3. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Religion shouldn't be involved in anything, anywhere

4. Tony

Tony Elite Member

^ This man speaks the truth

5. Siptester

Siptester Senior Member

Agreed. For that matter its gone past the whole self promotion aspect for graffiti, and is crossing over into advertisement of religion. Absolutely a no go on religion in graff from my perspective.

6. 0nly10fmikind

0nly10fmikind Senior Member

i feel like if u religious and all and what u believe influences your art and its part of who u are and **** then using that influence in what u write aint goin hurt nobody. its just gonna make that piece all the more meaningful and **** to you. im not saying go out and paint some big *** crucifix or whatever your religious symbol cross the street from a temple. na, im just sayin tinges of it in your work is gonna make your **** all the more meaningful to u, makes it easier for u to look at and feel proud of that ****. an i dont know bout yall but i write for me, myself, an i. i dont give a flying **** what other people think about when they see it.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  7. jerm_haf

jerm_haf Senior Member

^couldnt have said it better. im not religious in the least bit, but if it influences your art, let it.

8. junkbox

junkbox Senior Member

There was this old woman who wrote 'PRAY' in NYC back in the day, from what I understand she got up pretty hard. Bigg Jus for one wrote a song about it check 'Dedication 2 Pray - Tenets of the Element' off his Black Mamba Serums.

If its part of your message I think its quite alright, I mean, theres no Supreme Writers Court imposing some Seperation of Graff & State.. just my opinion though

9. Siptester

Siptester Senior Member

By all means, let it be an influence if its what you believe. All I'm saying is a huge Jesus saves tag on the front of an Islamic restaurant is quite offensive, even from a writers perspective.

10. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

whats wrong with being offensive??

11. the cannabis evangelist

the cannabis evangelist Elite Member

also muslims arnt alergic to jesus, he gets a shoutout from allah in the outro on the koran

12. skets

skets Senior Member

13. Saul Gud

Saul Gud Senior Member

7339563176_2b35e0328f_z.jpg

Wheres The Facts

14. Lag

Lag Member

Not really its just propaganda fuckpolice6sf.jpg Graff.jpg

15. Sim2

Sim2 Member

I'm not too religious...but I mean what ever influences you....I just don't like it when it starts getting "stupid" just with extremists ranting and trying to change everyone.

16. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Jesus is a prophet in Islam fyi.

Personally I think its offensive for anyone to try to push their own beliefs on others, to each his own. I live in a largely Protestant area with some Catholics etc here and there, but I am not religious, and if I were to follow a religion it would be Islam but IMO religion is a personal thing and shouldnt be thrown in peoples faces.

17. SNERE

SNERE Member

18. ollywood

ollywood Banned

no religion shi should be involved in graff just grab a can a put up ur work with out all that shit

19. Watching.you.sleep

Watching.you.sleep Member

this is one of the stupidest threads i have seen, jesus saves is some faggot. not jc's personal street team.

20. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

666 graff krew 4 lyph3