Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

RESULTS - Bombing Science Sketch Battle (May 2012)

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by newz12, Jun 26, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Staff Member
    newz12

newz12 Administrator

Here are the top 3 sketches selected by Berst:

1st Place = 4Letters
    4letters.jpg

This sketch is incredible. First off, you can see that a lot of time and effort has really been put into this sketch and making it look super killer. I'm a big fan of illustrations and this really hit the mark. The colours are really punchy and you cant go wrong with funked out chrome effect lettering especially when its merged nicely with the background. The characters look creative and the piece is intertwined nicely into the whole drawing. The overall drawing has a lot of funk and flavour.

2nd Place = Ekose22
    ekose22.jpg
    This was really close to to winning but something about the letters that weren't quite there yet. Relatively nice letters but just needed a little more funk. Use of colours are amazing, character is really nice and overall drawing has a really sophisticated look about it. Great effects and techniques particularly on the O.

3rd Place = Perts
    perts.jpg

There were many sketches that did not have characters but out of the sketches this piece could possibly have the best letters out of them all. The letters are on point on every level but without some characters to home it in, it missed that extra dynamic that could of made it more than just a piece.

Thanks to all who sent a sketch!
    Here are all the entries:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2100640...7630177051722/

2. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

3. yeeerrrp

yeeerrrp Senior Member

4. akaSKIZ

akaSKIZ Senior Member

5. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

congrats yo

6. freshski

freshski New Member

Congrats 4-letters!!!
    2-nd and 3-rd sketch is a joke...wtf???

7. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

^you're a joke. all three of those sketches are proper, i actually like the third place one better than the first place

8. buttqueef

buttqueef Senior Member

True dat...the first one is cool because of all the characters and shit but the letter structure is waay off...I think 2nd place should've won...all of them are dope though

9. Pickton's Pigpen

Pickton's Pigpen Elite Member

do you have a hard time thinking?

10. posher

posher Senior Member

That's a solid pick, respect to the winners!!! Really like all of them and it would have been a hard choice most deff

11. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

Cool so when's the next battle?

12. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

good picks. i disagree with that #1 though.

13. -=:Base216:=-

-=:Base216:=- Member

the one from Bware is
    tight...creepy but tight

14. gemer

gemer Senior Member

wowwwww 2ND place is AMAAAZZZZZINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. freshski

freshski New Member

TastyMcNasty & Pickton's Pigpen this is my opinion...so take it easy forum experts.

16. -=:Base216:=-

-=:Base216:=- Member

1st place had alot going on! Not everyone shares the same opinion. These are what the judge picked so leave it at that! you are like monday morning quarterbacks talking about what you would do to win the game! Complaining about who won just puts you in the hot seat to top these 3 in the next battle!

17. NICK23

NICK23 New Member

#2 detail, is fuckin awesome!!!

18. plumbererer

plumbererer Moderator

i couldnt agree more with the winners. thanks berst and newz!

19. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

First places letters suck period, There just basic straight letters hidden by flashy colouring and characters. I remember when sketch battles where all about the letter structure and typographic skill. A wise man once told me your pieces should burn just as hard black and white then it does with colour. Im gonna go jerk off with ghost peppers now while watching bme pain olimpics.

20. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

^^^ Gotta agree with weak, if you dont have good letters you shouldnt stand a chance. And that really happens alot here. I see way too many people jocking someone simply cause they can color pretty and they letters really aint tok impressive. This should have been completely based on letter structure and skill. Instead of who can color better and draw some characters.