Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What earns a writer more respect going big or artistic detail?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leakone, Oct 3, 2012.

Share This Page

1. leakone

leakone Member

If a writer does a huge throwie on some huge-ass building, would that earn them more respect than a writer who did a crazy detailed piece in a less dangerous, local spot?:p

2. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

good question. Respect for getting the heated spot.
    Then again, Respect for artistic skills, can control.

3. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. i give respect where respect's due, easy as that

4. jerm_haf

jerm_haf Senior Member

If you go big enough I give respect, as long as it looks good. If its some toy shit where everyone can see it, you just made an ass of yourself. But if I find a really good technical piece in a low visibility spot, i gotta give respect for having the artistic ability

5. officialpoypoy

officialpoypoy New Member

i guess theres two types of respect.
    the balls to go out there in a high risk spot
    and the artistic respect of skills.

both are good respect but for me id go with artistic respect cuz i dont want the city looking like shit. I want it to look good.

6. Tek9

Tek9 Senior Member

Both, JA is respected for insane bombing and going big but tons of artist hav respect for skill

7. hungover

hungover Elite Member

i think going big gets you alot of respect quickly, but if you do alot of pieces i think you will be able to become a legend more quickly

8. MvW

MvW Member

i think its both kinda because u can get up alot and get respect for getting around. but it cant be wack, and if you can make your stuff look real good you can get more respect. i think getting up more gets you more respect, in the city. but what do i know. hopefully i can come back to this in like 10 years and see my stupid ass. and nice pic tec9

9. Numbah-19

Numbah-19 Member

Its a balance between the 2.

10. veeksone

veeksone Senior Member

id say both forsure!!

11. Turb0

Turb0 Member

artistic detail for sure, but big if its done right IMO

12. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

13. Noobondrugs

Noobondrugs Member

both of them, but respect is by respecting urself for what u did and dont give a damn about other opinions like that in my eyes.. i bomb and i like it myself, if i didnt like it i wouldnt do it u know .

14. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

i respect artistic skill of course but in the "graffiti" world its all about location. i respect who gets their name on shit the most even if its just some goofy tag even.

15. toop

toop Senior Member

it all depends, going big is all good but depends what the spot it anyone can rock a chill spot with someone massive same goes for artistic stuff

getting ya name out there and being up everywhere with all diff shit is what gets ya more respect

16. NCnX

NCnX Member

always have been amazed by these artists doing Ultra 3d mega pieces on an illegal spot im just like how....timewarp dudes man

17. Asis13

Asis13 Senior Member

Both.
    Repsect to those with artistic skill and can control. Doing this in a high risk spot is definitely big props.
    But at the same time, having a solid tag and throw and just getting up like mad is alway wild to see.
    I hate seeing a toy running around putting shit tags and throws up in big spots just looking for that respect. I get it, you got up on the building. Lots of people can. You need to leave a skillful mark, in my opinion, to earn that respect.
    I like seeing a combo of everything. Show skills in all formats.

18. Nallz

Nallz Senior Member

I respect both but it depends..

19. Foo

Foo Senior Member

a24.media.tumblr.com_26541e611c58ab1f2852aadc8e61ab5e_tumblr_ml48xy33mb1s0hia6o1_250.gif

Serious. Pieces earn respect (if it's good of course) but not as many people may see it. High risk spots get respect (if it looks decent) and a lot of people will see it. It really opinionated, high respect; less people. Some respect; lots of people.

20. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Senior Member

I honestly feel that it would be both, but then it would have to be the artistic detail,you want people to have a visual orgasm when they see your shit, it has to stay clean and not all ragged up like you didn't even try. But that's my poverty