Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What do we want in a new graff tool?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Graff:Designer, Oct 4, 2012.

Share This Page

1. Graff:Designer

Graff:Designer New Member

I'm an Irish design student and graff wrriter that has set out to design and prototype a new form of graffiti tool/device for my final year project.

So im looking to find out the problems both writers and street artists have with whats on the market right now
    and what you guys feel is missing or needs development in the graffiti world!?[/B]

2. jerm_haf

jerm_haf Senior Member

create something to make you invisible

3. Semper

Semper Moderator

I would shit myself if I was walking down the street and saw a piece painting itself

4. Tony

Tony Elite Member

I would also like an invisibility cloak.

5. Tony

Tony Elite Member

also, make something that drips.

people love drips

6. Tony

Tony Elite Member

but seriously...

make some ink that doesn't fade

7. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

ink instaed of of applying ink its STRIPS the surface your writing on, lke some sort of acid, so not adding paint removing paint.

8. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

man just find a way to add color to etch^

9. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

nahhhh that is still staining, imaging like a solid stick that burns the surface when you write on bricks wooden fences doors signs whatever, you know.

10. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

get your self a hammer and chisel for brick and wood, but you can get professional grade etch that will burn through paint. Leave it on other surfaces and it will eat away at the top layer of it...

I want a spraycan that can use any god damn cap, and has a valve system that never fucks up. Like an old rusto valve, with some german or french quality of paint, that I can put an ny thin or a pink dot on. And that shit has got to be under 4 dollars in price and be readily available nation wide in hardware stores and graff shops alike. No fancy bullshit faggy can either, when I tell a copper im going home to do touch ups around the house, I dont want fuckin cans that can be linked to any incriminating activities. I also dont want no fucking marbles in my paint either, make this fuckin paint homogenous so I dont have to shake it, or desing a can with some sort of subtle spike or stick like objects that will do a similar job a marble will when I shake it

11. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

yah a universal valve system would be CREAM nothing worst when you put a grey dot on a can and it squirts like cytherea on X.

12. Graff:Designer

Cheers lads, I was thinking on similar lines to etch tools and inks that stain stainless steel because that exists but not that ive found in graff products, but thats a lot to do with chemicals and ive no idea about them but Ive also been looking into things like extension poles for spray cans so that you can tag 14ft high on a wall without the need for a ladder or anything bulky.

Anyone like or dislike the sounds of something like that?

13. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

how do you push down the nozzle if your can is at the end of a 14 ft pole...... Honestly I dont want any sort of tool that will help out the lazy/retarded. tags high up on a wall make you think"oh dude is a fuckin giant" or "mofo must have climbed up there to get that shit" or "there used to be construction around here so it was probably scaffalding or a ladder laying about he used". I dont want it to be a wall with 30 fuckin shitty tags in the highest spot and be like" oh man, hes got that fuckin pole they sell at graffpro"

14. Tony

Tony Elite Member

I agree with this statement.

you should become a dye chemist (or just hire one) you'll be making fresh inks in no time!

p.s. your extendo-pole idea is totally stupid

15. biffcreature

biffcreature Senior Member

I would like a chisel tip ball (roller) point paint marker.

16. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

refillable cans?

17. Graff:Designer

I like the Idea of refillable cans because it'd probably be cheaper for the user and better for the enviornment.

But about the pole idea; mustah_ribcage and Tony i get what u mean, but would it not be cool to be able to hit spots that other writers cant dog and the council cant buff easy in spots where there'll never be scaffolding and without having to carry around a ladder?

The pole would hold the can which would have a tripod with rollerball feet that would trigger the can when u lean it against the wall.

18. Semper

Semper Moderator

Sounds like it would a bitch to control, you would pretty much only be able to tag even a throwie would come out messy as fuck, with a lot of practice it could be good though. Also how small is this thing gunna be when retracted? If it can't fit in a backpack it's not going to be that popular.

If I was you I would go with refillable cans, then maybe people could fill it with some bad ass homemade paint. Maybe even a refillable can that will work with any cap.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  19. aaesoo

aaesoo Senior Member

multicoloured mops

20. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

1. theres already been spray can cartridges, so dats out.

2. Uh fuck no. What are you gonna do next sell a 5 layer piece stencil. "Now you dont even have to try! Buy our 'original' piece stencil and just spray on the 5 layers whatever colors you want and you got a burner in no time!". If there aint no scafalding bring a fucking ladder if u want to get up there, or use a roller pole and bucket paint to reach up there. get the fuck outta here with this bullshit pole idea, its retarded. If you make some gay ass pole, its going to discredit any previous work that an artist has found a way himself to do out of everyone elses reach. Is that what you want to do? Do you want graffiti to take a step backwards? the fuck.

3. LMAO thats the stupidest design idea ive ever fuckin heard. "Oh smash the can thats attached to this ridiculously stupid pole against the wall to make it spray, you'll get major props from all the street artists!"