Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Painting a garage

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Sonder, Jan 30, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Sonder

Sonder New Member

Hey guys,

First time poster here was looking for some advice. I've never painted a garage before but the offer came up and I was wondering if anyone had any tips and if they've painted a similar surface before. Will the paint run more than concrete and is there any specific special coating I should apply to the wall before or after?

Thanks guys!

V__5925.jpg

2. Apse One

Apse One Member

"has anyone painted a similar surface before?" yes.

"Will the paint run more than concrete" Yes. but with good paint, and a smooth hand, it wont run on either surface. Just buy any decent major brand of paint (MTN 94, Montna Gold, Molotow Premium, or Ironlak. unless, of course, you already have a preferred bran you are cozy with... but it sounds like you wouldn't). If you're really lost. I'll recommend my favorite, MTN 94. buy it from a local shop if you live in a big city, or on Chicago Airbrush Supply's site.

"and is there any specific special coating I should apply to the wall before or after?" no