Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How to tell friends they are "toys"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phaze.One, Apr 21, 2013.

Share This Page

1. Phaze.One

Phaze.One New Member

any tips to telling a mate of mine that he is a Toy?

he has a nice tag name, and with some practice he could have a nice tag. but that is not his problem.
    with his marker, he is making imagery with a deep message. i told him that at an amateur level, it won't work.

one of his pictures is a dead hangman with the letters H A T E underneath, then underneath that is the letters E A C E P (PEACE). another is just simply "freedom of speech" on a wall.

He has also made a little symbol for himself which looks like something a 6yo draws on paper.

So yeah, should i try to stop him or just let time take care of it (presumably, he should soon realize how terrible his tagging is)

2. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

post one of your peices first then ill tel lyou how to tell him cause if your wack your in no postion to say someone else is ANNND FURTHER MORE if you knew your shiit then you could easily tell your homie what is proper and whats not and take him under your wing... maybe graff aint his thing and is a traditional artist.

3. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

mabye hes gonna be the next big thing and youre too wrapped up in "whats 'hot'".

4. toop

toop Senior Member

post some of your own work and some of your friends

5. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

x

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  6. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

If i had to guess ide say your probly both in similar boats.. but ive been wrong before, but judging by your 4 posts' content ide say dont worry about it..

Or Belt's right and your crushing the destiny of the next cope2....... ....

7. Nallz

Nallz Senior Member

Let him do his shit.

8. Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper Senior Member

those sound like some good ideas, it'll make people look more maybe because its different, and makes you think

9. Internet

Internet New Member

How to teach your friends that being a toy doesent mean you cant be hipster good!!!
    hip.jpg

10. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

^True shit right there.
    I was having a problem telling y friend just basic tips on how to improve his style and make his letters look better so I just said fuck it take away all this shit and go as plain as possible and he completely ignored me and thinks way to highly of himself. I say that if he gets arrested then he'll know not to add a bunch of random stuff to his throw ups cuz it ends up taking longer.

11. biblebeltbangerz

12. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

^ what sort of fuck rules?

tell your friend that he's toy. straight talk. why do you need to sugarcoat it with rainbows and properness? if he trusts you, he'll be able to handle it. if you're both a couple of bitches that need to be careful about what they say to one another because they're emotional, then maybe this is a chance to correct that issue. don't be a fool.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  13. biblebeltbangerz

all that "how not to be a..." bullshit. thats all.

14. stickr

stickr Member

Yea, people evolve. if it is what he does and likes he can do what he likes. Art is open to all.

15. Matt_

Matt_ Member

Sucking at something is the first step to being kinda okay at it.

16. Eurothrash

Eurothrash Senior Member

Yeah maybe he is just a head of the curve... Don't hate what you don't understand.

17. Asis13

Asis13 Senior Member

Used to write with my friend before he moved out of town.
    At first I used to call him a 'toy'... but he was not interested in developing his tag or lettering like (for example) many people are on here to discuss... he simply had a different philosophy when out bombing with me and I came to respect that. He was more occupied with that ACT rather than the end result it seemed. Scrawling his name, or a phrase somewhere was all he wanted, stylish or not. Since then I have went out with other people less interested in having that 'clean' and fresh tag or epic piece and its been great. I find there is a very relaxing feeling when you stop setting standards for something that is just done illegally anyways.

18. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

im in for the ACT as well and feeling u get afterwards but i dont care if ppl call me a toy or not IF THEY CAN READ IT that's all it matters!!! WERE ALL FUCKING TOYS WHEN IT COMES TO GRAFFITI.... yall need to get ur heads off the gutter and yall gotta get it stuck in ur damn heads (style), its called style and ppl have different styles ,toy or not, ITS STILL FUCKING GRAFFITI .

19. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

tell him this:
    "you're a toy"

it should work...

20. Namelesstreetart

Namelesstreetart Member

Well, to be straight up if graffiti is a way for him to express something that is important to him, he is no toy. His skill may represent that of a toy, but skill does not represent an artist; if that makes sense.
    Though, you should try to make him improve his skill, or apply his passions elsewhere as no one wants to see anything but a 6yr old putting up a 6yr old's art. Post up some of his work, it is too hard to really help ya tell him to step it up without seeing anything to reference.
    BUT! Try to help the dude get his shit proper, graffiti that makes you think is not a bad thing. I do pretty basic stencils and some of them are meant to make ya think for a second in a simple way.